Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

:reddit: :"Well there's half a dozen trolls here, so let's destroy the entire community arguing over what to do about them. That seems reasonable and definitely not at all what they want."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

Raskolnikov posted:

Just in case you want to cast your vote before gamescom!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3807588

I am going all in on Notch giving Crobbers a billion dollars for Star Citizen. Now that I've seen the options...and the way 2017 has been going--Crobbers gets a billion, then proceeds to spend what money Notch has left on mocap before getting booted off the project a few years later.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

so the 150 million dollar CryEngine mod now has a section where you can drive a hoverbike over a dull grey moon full of rocks. Progress!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
can we get a new rule where you can't twitter quote your own tweets incessantly

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Always wanted a Melrose Place remake within this fiasco.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

TheAgent posted:

Only if we have a backdoor rule where you can blog-quote your tweets about your blog posts incessantly.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Tippis posted:

Only if we have a backdoor rule where you can blog-quote your tweets about your blog posts incessantly.
blogception

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

TheAgent posted:

blogception

Its more of a Blogosphere, very similar to a Dyson Sphere. Derek has yet to have truly harnessed its power.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Sum Mors posted:

Well of course it is all good and fun now. But then they find you years later looking not your best.

You and I can have this discussion again when you're about 106 years old. Lets compare and see how sexy we both look then. :sureboat:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

Beet Wagon posted:

:reddit: :"Well there's half a dozen trolls here, so let's destroy the entire community arguing over what to do about them. That seems reasonable and definitely not at all what they want."

Thats the opposite of what i want. But seriously theyre losing their poo poo over about 5 posters in a 100k subbed subreddit with about 1000 people logged in at any point.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

xXAdmiralBekHarXx posted:

Thats the opposite of what i want. But seriously theyre losing their poo poo over about 5 posters in a 100k subbed subreddit with about 1000 people logged in at any point.

"But I pay attention to them and they are bad, now let me tell you about this fake goon history I have misappropriated and believe makes a difference in the way that goons will never dare face me in my space game ever or risk the death penalty!"

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Sappo569 posted:

Is the massive neckbeard just part of the package?

You're talking like someone without a massive neckbeard.

Just who are you, Copper?

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

I've never had a shitizen confront me in rl so I feel quite left out now :( I fired one from my company ages ago because he was making other employees uneasy with his constant sales pitches and causing a health and safety inspector to nearly punch him in the face. (In the interests of the H+S guys career, I jokingly asked if he should wear his safety specs while he walloped the now 'ex-employee' :D )

I think if it ever did happen I would definitely piss my pants, not because of fear though.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Gotta admit this is kind of creepy and not funny like the Snake in a Box. The bare feet also are a bit creepy.

I'd just not go, nobody is going to actually get the reference. I'm starting to think if you cosplay it needs to be either something generic (steam punk) or something that's actually been released and people have awareness of it.

I could be wrong, so shine on, friend.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

xXAdmiralBekHarXx posted:

It's kind of weird honestly, the local backpounders' society for mutual admiration is too discordant for them somehow. If they think /r/starcitizen has too big a troll problem, where would they feel at home?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

no_recall posted:

They should've hired angry joe

Whoring Sword of the Stars II before release: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGd8bozLJDM
Whoring turns out to hit your credibility: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK8jbce049I

Why the second video is kinda funny is that it was literally the weekend after release, and it turned out the 'we uploaded the Beta' was bullshit.

Sabreseven posted:

I think if it ever did happen I would definitely piss my pants, not because of fear though.

Everyone is really hard on the internet.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

TheAgent posted:

How else are you supposed to get people to read them? Write informative and entertaining tweets that people are interested in? :rolleyes:

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Sillybones posted:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

what are you talking about they just need to flip a switch

e: chris explained this ffs

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Cancer research and CIG does go together.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

Colostomy Bag posted:

Cancer research and CIG does go together.

:thurman:

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

MinorInconvenience posted:

Stupid goonies, they are demoing 3.0 at Gamescom!!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6v3c1g/so_i_guess_theyre_playing_a_30_build_at/
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6v3bmz/showing_a_30_variant_at_gamescom/

(Stupid :reddit: fuckers don't seem to realize that the Daymar poo poo is almost certainly just a closed level.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cwbYljNALI&t=1017s

Just remember: Star Citizen 3.0 features:
5 new landable planets
New moons, space stations, and asteroid belts
Trading
Cargo Transport
Piracy
"Mercenary"
Bounty Hunting
Diverse NPC Actions
Day And Night Cycles
Increased Mission Complexity
Economy Driven Missions
Item 2.0
StarNetwork 1.0
Subsumption 1.0
Mission 1.0

And they demo'd all of this in a live, totally unscripted gameplay preview in August of last year. So whatever they show at this new convention, after one full year of development, is guaranteed to have all of that stuff in it or they wouldn't be calling it 3.0, right?

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

He's right, you know. It is kind of hard for Goons to swarm when they can't fit more than ten players per instance.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Personally I think that Croberts is a visionary for solving the potential goonswarm griefing problem by making his game an unstable and unplayable piece of poo poo.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Sarsapariller posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cwbYljNALI&t=1017s

Just remember: Star Citizen 3.0 features:
5 new landable planets
New moons, space stations, and asteroid belts
Trading
Cargo Transport
Piracy
"Mercenary"
Bounty Hunting
Diverse NPC Actions
Day And Night Cycles
Increased Mission Complexity
Economy Driven Missions
Item 2.0
StarNetwork 1.0
Subsumption 1.0
Mission 1.0

And they demo'd all of this in a live, totally unscripted gameplay preview in August of last year. So whatever they show at this new convention, after one full year of development, is guaranteed to have all of that stuff in it or they wouldn't be calling it 3.0, right?

Not even the mvp will have that

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Has Clifford aka brokebrained started live tweeting his concubine session with Chris @ gamescon yet ?

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

So if CIG releases every 2 month a seperate part of the 3.0 patch, can they do this until next gamescon?

That would be hilarious.

e: Like a seperate planet-Map for day and night cycles, or a piece of space to kill a markes npc ship and collect the body. Are the backers going to believe that you can just add everything together and the game runs?

AutismVaccine fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Aug 21, 2017

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Sappo569 posted:

Has Clifford aka brokebrained started live tweeting his concubine session with Chris @ gamescon yet ?

He's allowed to leave his house?

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

TheAgent posted:

My rule with Derek's tweets are that they're only ever worth reading if someone else posts them. Hasn't failed me yet.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Sorry - out of town currently, so can't really play.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
Well friends I looked directly into the eclipse and now I'm blind

Should I watch Wing Commander to restore my eyesight y/n?

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017
Excellent avatar MoMA

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Foo Diddley posted:

do the lesnick challenge imo

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
That avatar owns

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Warhawk109 posted:

Excellent avatar MoMA

his nibs posted:

That avatar owns

It has turned out well :smuggo:

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Quavers posted:

It has turned out well :smuggo:

Although in MoMA's defence, he could have been talking about the old 3.0

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

The $435 avatar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Foo Diddley posted:

Watching Wing Commander the movie has a greater chance of making you blind.

Sitting in an area with about 85% coverage right now. I assume once it passes in the next few minutes the Gamescom booth will get fired up.