Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
I love that Liz uses her tail now. Good stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
What's the easiest way to grind through the moon 30ap missions? Would a bath CE be better than the regular 3+ dango CE?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Tired Moritz posted:

What's the easiest way to grind through the moon 30ap missions? Would a bath CE be better than the regular 3+ dango CE?
Since farming the 30AP to me meant that I no longer needed dangos, I dropped all event CEs except for a couple on my back row where I figured I might as well. The support I grabbed was anyone with a Bath CE, but I didn't actually use them in battle; I hit "line up" and moved them into my back row.

So instead I go in with Emiya w/ Imaginary Element, George w/ Defense CE, and Lancelot w/ Kaleidoscope. Spend the demon fight building everyone's NP while George draws fire, and then unload both Emiya and Lancelot's NPs back-to-back against the servant trio. Usually kills all three in one go.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Tired Moritz posted:

Yes, Bath is better, but if you have space to include both the effects stack so do that.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm still kinda sad that Drake no longer yell OUGEKI YOI!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

BlazeEmblem posted:

This week's master missions are up.

You have to kill each type of servant except for Assassins 5 times.

Every servant except for Lancer can be found in the Moon Goddess event, though you can only find Casters and Archers in the 40 AP free quest.

I think I'm going to take a break from the Event to go hunt some lancers.
Why not just wait until Saturday/Sunday when the event is over? That's what I was planning on doing.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

2 days of farming the 30AP

0 hearts.

abloobloobloo

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Nate RFB posted:

Why not just wait until Saturday/Sunday when the event is over? That's what I was planning on doing.

I don't want to grind for the other two CEs, and I have enough Dango that I am only grinding for hearts. Which I have 8 of, and no servant currently needs.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I'm not gonna bother with the event one since the daily guarantees that SOMETHING will drop when it shows up.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
About 700 Dangos.

I'm getting kinda tired with grinding, and I can't seem to be bothered to get the other two event CEs.

Should I just dump some Dangos into Pieces and Monuments and call it a day?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Drake used to have a bunch of ghosts in her np ship. :(

Edit: the CE suck, you can skip it.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Nate RFB posted:

Because this event is boring now and I need something to break up 5 ap farming.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

RMZXAnarchy posted:

About 700 Dangos.

I'm getting kinda tired with grinding, and I can't seem to be bothered to get the other two event CEs.

Up to you. All I'm missing is the Fou cards but I'm not in a real hurry to get them.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The event is boring but if you need as many hearts as I do you bear with it. I need close to 10, though even just one more for Emiya would be pretty swell.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Everytime I watch a clip of new animations I get kinda mad, but we'll get them eventually right? Right??

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

a kitten posted:

Everytime I watch a clip of new animations I get kinda mad, but we'll get them eventually right? Right??

in like two years probably lol

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
They'll decide to close the NA version right before we get new animations.

And then taunt us about it.

'Look forward to our new animations... except NA won't because we're announcing the shutdown of services.'

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Airspace posted:

They'll decide to close the NA version right before we get new animations.

And then taunt us about it.

'Look forward to our new animations... except NA won't because we're announcing the shutdown of services.'

'Look forward to our new animations... in the sequel, Fate Grand Order 2: Salt Harder.'

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

RMZXAnarchy posted:

About 700 Dangos.

You should only get the other two event CEs if you got 2 from random drops. Otherwise, don't bother.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Somehow, I got all the materials to full ascend Stheno, despite barely using her. First 4-Star I'm gonna full ascend on the NA server.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

MonsieurChoc posted:

Somehow, I got all the materials to full ascend Stheno, despite barely using her. First 4-Star I'm gonna full ascend on the NA server.

She needs 4 hearts, 4 scales, and doesn't even have her third skill yet.

Stheno is loving dire.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

shes an assassin with 4* stats who hits things with 4* stats, which at this stage of the game is all you need really

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
She hits like a wet paper bag though

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Vengarr posted:

She hits like a wet paper bag though

she's a 4*, at max level she has 9k attack which is obviously more than the 2 and 3*s have at max level (and the third highest max attack among 4* assassins even in the jp version)

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Welcome to the assassin life, I guess.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Assassins have a 0.9 attack modifier on top of having mainly Quick cards. Their damage is pretty disappointing even against Riders.

Carmilla can put in work thanks to her NP, but Stheno is just bad outside of locking down dudes.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Cardset has a big impact on effective damage as well. QQQAB means she's never going to approach the damage output of even a QAABB servant, regardless of her attack stat.

Of course long-term that's fine, it's not what she's about, but at this early stage most people are going to find bruisers more useful.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Using Carmilla as a support for when I do dragon fang grinding has made me kind of wish I had her. On top of having a good NP her NP gain itself seems crazy good, she's one of the few supports I can safely grab without the need of a Kaleidoscope (assuming NP is my intended use for them).

Daraken
Oct 9, 2007

Maybe tomorrow, I'll find a home.

BlazeEmblem posted:

You should only get the other two event CEs if you got 2 from random drops. Otherwise, don't bother.

Is it really worth it? I did manage to get 2 CE drops while farming for hearts but I'm not sure how good the CE is with limit break.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
There's reason to believe based on earlier reports that limit breaking the CE doesn't even boost dango drop rates so limit breaking it is probably a bad idea. Especially this late into the event, if you are close to having enough for the other CEs you're better off buying out the remaining pieces/monuments or event fou cards and then focusing on the 30AP for hearts.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

NRVNQSR posted:

Cardset has a big impact on effective damage as well. QQQAB means she's never going to approach the damage output of even a QAABB servant, regardless of her attack stat.

Of course long-term that's fine, it's not what she's about, but at this early stage most people are going to find bruisers more useful.

Like I said, I'm not even using her, I just lucked into her mats.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

You have no idea how sad I was when doing JPFGO when rolling on the Summer Banner, really wanting Medjed Nitocris. Seeing the Assassin Card pop up, get excited, and then see it was Stheno.

Speaking of that, are there any lucky JP players with a Support Merlin available in this thread, started a JP account just as this event was starting, and want to use Mash and Merlin to try and Cheese through the fights so I can upgrade Rider Ishtar's NP.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i dont have a merlin but i have waver, 247,666,132

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Endorph posted:

i dont have a merlin but i have waver, 247,666,132

Waver won't help because I need to Not Lose by spamming Mash's NP and heals. Which Merlin and/or Tamamo will provide. (As well as All the Arts cards)

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Oreo breaks Gacha! Dont know if bad civilization

Nitis
Mar 22, 2003

Amused? I think not.
Who synergizes well with Tamamo Cat? I'm currently running Medea with her, but, without a solid support, she just gets nuked.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Dr Pepper posted:

You have no idea how sad I was when doing JPFGO when rolling on the Summer Banner, really wanting Medjed Nitocris. Seeing the Assassin Card pop up, get excited, and then see it was Stheno.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Nitis posted:

Who synergizes well with Tamamo Cat? I'm currently running Medea with her, but, without a solid support, she just gets nuked.

George or Leonidas to take the heat off her for a couple turns while she claws stuff to death.

Nitis
Mar 22, 2003

Amused? I think not.

Pureauthor posted:

George or Leonidas to take the heat off her for a couple turns while she claws stuff to death.

I have both, so I guess it's time to start burning xp on them.

I'd like a solution that can remove the stun buff from her, when she uses her Noble Phantasm, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I am glad to see I am not the only one to suffer this.