Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

ozymandius1024 posted:

Crawford is fighting next weekend against Indongo, and there is a massive card at the StubHub Center on the Saturday before GGG/Canelo.

Seriously, look at this loving card:

Srisaket Sor Rungvisai vs Roman Gonzalez, super flyweights, 12 rounds; Naoya Inoue vs Antonio Nieves, super flyweights, 12 rounds; Carlos Cuadras vs Juan Francisco Estrada, super flyweights, 12 rounds.

Not finding any PPV info?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Yeah it's not a ppv fight it's just regular hbo

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

And that owns so hard

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Hell yes. That's what I wanted to hear.

I mean, I'd rather not have to hear Kellerman and Lampley all night long, but at least I won't be paying for it beyond my HBOnow subscription.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

i don't really get what people don't like about kellerman

mike-
Jul 9, 2004

Phillipians 1:21

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

i don't really get what people don't like about kellerman

They are dumb. Kellerman is the best part of the hbo broadcasts.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
All this activity in the boxing thread makes me want to celebrate with a nice big slice of cake.

Who wants some?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXf8CtYFCsr/

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

The SituAsian posted:

All this activity in the boxing thread makes me want to celebrate with a nice big slice of cake.

Who wants some?

Holy gently caress :aaa:

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

The SituAsian posted:

Who wants some?

JMM is 💯

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
So, I like boxing, but don't know anything about it. Is there some equivalent of Fight Pass for boxing? An online library of fights? Obviously, not all of them, but a decent chunk/cross section?

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010

Snowman_McK posted:

So, I like boxing, but don't know anything about it. Is there some equivalent of Fight Pass for boxing? An online library of fights? Obviously, not all of them, but a decent chunk/cross section?

Pretty much everything older than like a month will be on youtube and more recent stuff too if you poke around a little

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
If you're not sure what to look up just check out ring magazine fights of the year for a while, I think most of them are on youtube.

e: Well the relatively recent ones, I guess those go back to the 40s or something? Haha, oh, the 20s. Yeah you probably won't find those.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

If you're willing to go to dailymotion there's lots of fight videos there

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Snowman_McK posted:

This is a good list I've been working through. Probably about 90% are on youtube in varying quality:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Boxing/comments/421fdq/the_greatest_sport_on_earth_a_guide_to_the_best/

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Snowman_McK posted:

If you have an HBO subscription, they have a library of fights and fight documentaries. I think Showtime does, too, but I haven't really dug into its archives yet.

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006

The SituAsian posted:

Who wants some?

Bunchadeadbeats only shot tbh

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

loma vs rigo could be happening. please, god if you're out there..

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

This has been a good year for boxing all considered

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Klitschko/Joshua alone made it a good year. Other cool fights were gravy.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Klitschko/Joshua alone made it a good year. Other cool fights were gravy.

The flaming 'AJ' ringwalk countered any positives from that fight.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

thehappyprince posted:

loma vs rigo could be happening. please, god if you're out there..

Sounds like he's either going to fight Rigo or Salido at the end of the year, which would be great. Hopefully he ends up fighting both. Him and Rigo are arguably the two best pound for pound boxers on the planet (as well as maybe the two best amateurs ever), and it would be nice to see Lomachenko avenge his defeat to Salido, which he easily would in a rematch.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

VOTE YES ON 69 posted:

The flaming 'AJ' ringwalk countered any positives from that fight.

it's kinda dumb but I'm okay with dumb

the most annoying ringwalk I've seen of late was whoever was using "all of the lights" and they just played the song's music video (which credits all the people involved with the song and the video at the beginning of it) over the arena screens

get your own goddamn video or just skip the video portion of the proceedings

Garlic Wraith
Dec 10, 2015

Dracula's nemesis

Cigar Aficionado posted:

Sounds like he's either going to fight Rigo or Salido at the end of the year, which would be great. Hopefully he ends up fighting both. Him and Rigo are arguably the two best pound for pound boxers on the planet (as well as maybe the two best amateurs ever), and it would be nice to see Lomachenko avenge his defeat to Salido, which he easily would in a rematch.

I would like to see the Salido fight but I highly doubt Salido would make it easy in negotiations since he rejected a career high payday.

Rigo is a good fight. I am not sure what the details are on the weight but I am assuming it's at 130lbs. I maybe wrong.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Reminder that Crawford-Indongo is both tomorrow and on ESPN

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

2017 caught a case of the 2016 boxing

Shawn Porter pulled out of his fight against Thomas Dulorme, Nicholas Walters pulled out of his fight on tomorrow's undercard, LSC vs Mares II was called off after negotiations broke down and Josh Warrington pulled out of the GGG-Canelo undercard.

All in all, this is a drop in the pond compared to the flood of great fights 2017 has otherwise been giving us.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

as long as the golovkin fight happens i don't care from here on. heard a rumour that canelo hurt his hand but that seems to have been bullshit thank god

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
He hit it with a big hammer.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

thehappyprince posted:

as long as the golovkin fight happens i don't care from here on. heard a rumour that canelo hurt his hand but that seems to have been bullshit thank god

This rumour was based on a video released by his camp where after drilling some punches with his right hand, the video ends just as it looks like he might be shaking his hand out a bit. It's bullshit.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
being a boxing casual i had never heard of this guy. if you've got 10 minutes, i suggest watching this. bad, bad dude. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNRJls-dC2E

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

thehappyprince posted:

he got it from punching a beehive in a Tecate advert

also Crawford-Indongo from of all places Lincoln, NE is going live in a bit, which means we bump the ESPN thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3825553&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Marching Powder posted:

being a boxing casual i had never heard of this guy. if you've got 10 minutes, i suggest watching this. bad, bad dude. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNRJls-dC2E

Edwin Valero was a nutcase. Who knows how far he could have gone in the pros, but he had a few too many loose screws. I try to pretend he never existed tbh

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

The Ninth Layer posted:

Edwin Valero was a nutcase. Who knows how far he could have gone in the pros, but he had a few too many loose screws. I try to pretend he never existed tbh

drat shame. 27w 27ko at that weight and loving pacquiao up in sparring seems like the sky was the limit for that guy. but yeah you can't go doing poo poo like he did and expect people to still talk about you.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I had literally forgotten that Valero existed until just now, reading those posts. I'll probably go back to that.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

Marching Powder posted:

He was a real life monster.

I can't bring myself to appreciate his boxing achievements knowing what he did.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

It's been discussed in the ESPN thread but with Rigondeaux fighting Lomachenko this may be the best year for fights we've had in a long long time. Sounds like ESPN was able to put up the big purse Rigo has been holding out for.

As it stands I think I'd have to pick Lomachenko to win, think his movement and activity will close the gap against Rigo, but with two really talented guys you never know how it'll turn out.

mike-
Jul 9, 2004

Phillipians 1:21
If the fight is at 130 I don't see Rigo faring well. Has he ever even fought above 122?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

mike- posted:

If the fight is at 130 I don't see Rigo faring well. Has he ever even fought above 122?

i thought they'd probably split the difference at 126 but we'll see. if it's at 130 loma will be tough to deny but if it's less than that then i don't know. rigo is one intelligent mother fucker.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

going to be great when rigo wins a one sided affair either way tbh

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

thehappyprince posted:

going to be great when rigo wins a one sided affair either way tbh

if it's not at 130 then i could definitely see it. if he can successfully shut down loma, it'll be a career defining performance for sure, and he can make it as boring as he likes imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I'm already tempering the expectations of friends who have asked me about the fight.