Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

howe_sam posted:

Why isn't Anna Torv in more things?
Uncle Rupert has only so much sway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

howe_sam posted:

She's in David Fincher's new Netflix series that looks to be amazing.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

X-O posted:

If they can double Neal McDonough for fight scenes they can double Kirk Acevedo.

It would also be a good jumpstart on a band of brothers reunion.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

howe_sam posted:

I will always heart her playing Leonard Nimoy.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Combat Pretzel posted:

Uncle Rupert has only so much sway.

Do not think she is his niece anymore

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Her aunt and Murdoch divorced in 1999.

Robert Murdoch died and was raised as a lich since then so he would have shed his mortal attachments and memories of her.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iepB4c_1ogI

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Love the skeleton key. I have one, too. Sitting on my balcony monitoring the weather.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Just in the middle of season 3. Why Waller is even alive in the present timeline, given the poo poo she pulled on Queen, is truly beyond me.

--edit: Oh god, Shado's alive? I can't wait to see the conclusion of that, given he didn't defuse Slade with that factoid.

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Aug 21, 2017

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Season 3 is a slow burn, in that you slowly realize the writers have no idea what the hell they're doing.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Yea I noticed. Also why does Ray Palmer always look like he just cried?

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Combat Pretzel posted:

His parents wife daughter entire town fiancee died.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Combat Pretzel posted:

He got replaced as Superman by the second worst Superman actor.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Ojjeorago posted:

Which is awful because he was amazing as Christopher Reeve as Superman.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Oh that's from where I know him. Yea, I suppose going from what was presumably a high budget movie production to a CW series gotta sting.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aleph Null posted:

Which is awful because he was amazing as Christopher Reeve as Superman.

Thank you Bryan Singer's daddy issues.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Combat Pretzel posted:

Oh that's from where I know him. Yea, I suppose going from what was presumably a high budget movie production to a CW series gotta sting.

Dunno he seems to have a lot of fun doing Legends.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Ojjeorago posted:

Reeves
Tiny superman
Routh
Cavill
Smallville

Missing George Reeves and Dean Cain

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Brandon Routh is also great on Chuck, the NBC spy series from a few years back. He basically plays a James Bond boy scout who goes off the deep end. Routh is so good at playing smug.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Nearing the end of season 3. Lance's crusade against Queen is hilarious. :psyduck:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
If Captain Marvel/Shazam wasn't such a naming and rights cluster gently caress, I'd say Routh could do a pretty good Big Red Cheese.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Xelkelvos posted:

If Captain Marvel/Shazam wasn't such a naming and rights cluster gently caress, I'd say Routh could do a pretty good Big Red Cheese.

I don't think there is any rights/naming cluster gently caress at all -- there's an announced Shazam movie coming in 2019. Well, no naming issues other than not being able to print "Captain Marvel" in a comic book title

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Oh dear, growing metal-piercing cards on human skin, I guess I'm in for a hilarious ride. --edit: Nevermind, he's a meta. Not that it excuses anything, I thought some enemies in Flash were a bit retarded.

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Aug 24, 2017

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
I actually liked that guy because he was a normal villain caught up in one of Dahrk's hilariously insane schemes.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
I caught up with Season 5 a couple of weeks ago and I'd be happy if the only casualties from the island are Felicity and Curtis.
I found myself itching to skip most scenes where Felicity had a key role (so little was I interested), and I doubt I so much as smiled at anything Mr Fantastic said all season, plus his 'hilarious' misunderstanding of time-and-place-to-speak actually slowed down countless scenes throughout the season. For a season that was generally very good and built tension effectively through plotting, the number of times we had to wait at the end of a scene for Mr Fantastic to say something 'humorously incongruous' before we could move on is mind-boggling.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Mr. Terrific.

Mr. Fantastic is a totally different ball of knots.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
All I heard was white noise, so he could have been Mr House, for all I cared

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Please just replace Mr. Terrific with Mr. Tumnus.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I remember somebody asking a while ago if they ever showed what happened to Darhk's daughter after the bunker.

Unlikely to affect Arrow because of timelines, but it's been announced they're bringing in Courtney Ford (Routh's wife) to play her as an adult on Legends.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also Dahrk is sticking around as a villain on Legends.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Having caught up with last season of Flash and Legends, I decided to dive into Arrow before going on to Supergirl.

The writing gets *worse* after season 2? Dude cant go an episode without making out with someone or pledging love for someone else. It's like middle school up in here.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Lmao if you think the writing for Arrow is bad after s2, wait until you get to s2 of Supergirl.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Koalas March posted:

Lmao if you think the writing for Arrow is bad after s2, wait until you get to s2 of Supergirl.

I mean, at least they had lesbians.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I mean, at least they had lesbians.

I hear that was the best part, yeah. I dipped out when it was clear they ditched Jimmy because white CW fans can't handle black love interests after what happened to Candice Patton.

And then I hear that they brought in Ms Martian with Sharon Leal who is GORGEOUS and instead of doing anything regarding intersectionality and giving her poo poo to do because "Feminist show!" they changed her character and tried to get her and Green Dad together. Because again, black people have date to each other, even if that person was originally supposed to be her (fake iirc?) uncle. It would even have been an opportunity to see him father someone else and maybe the girls can get jealous and they could've added more layers to all of their relationships and ugh

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The CW shows are very good at wasting talented actresses.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ms. Martian is a white Martian. The niece thing is because then they can have some dumb "you lied to us" drama when it gets revealed, instead of J'onn taking the 15 seconds to explain to his trusted friends that he can vouch for her.

I don't know what the show did, I didn't watch it.

Edit: IMDb lists 7 appearances, so not a regular role.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Sep 5, 2017

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Yeah my only exposure to her is from Young Justice, which I haven't seen in awhile. Still hoping we get Kal'Dur in the Aquaman movie because he was my fav. 👀🙏🙏

Edit: aaaaand I just realized this wasn't the BSS TV thread. Sorry for the derail!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Aphrodite posted:

I don't know what the show did, I didn't watch it.
M'Gann is hanging out on earth posing as a Green Martian feeling guilty over helping commit genocide. J'onn meets her and things get...complicated.

Also, Season 2 of Supergirl is one of the best seasons of CWDC, fight me.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah but I would win because girl power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Koalas March posted:

I hear that was the best part, yeah. I dipped out when it was clear they ditched Jimmy because white CW fans can't handle black love interests after what happened to Candice Patton.
Oh please dont tell me she got hatemail from flyover state failures.

Though I do wish she was a better realized character. Her role in season 3 was 'The Girlfriend/Schrodinger's Fridging' which was sadly better than the second and part of the first season.

• Locked thread