Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

Sasha sings her own song too which makes having someone else perform it weird.

Should have just had Snoop then the recording.

Sasha doesn't sign her theme. That was a rumour started by Bayley and Carmella on Snapchat a few years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

Sasha sings her own song too which makes having someone else perform it weird.

Should have just had Snoop then the recording.

No she doesn't?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/article/wwe-signs-lio-rush

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I read it on the internet so it has to be true.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Bray's WM30 entrance was the only good live band performance, and it was on the same show as Orton's terrible live band performance.

Living Colour did an awesome job at Wrestlemania 29, but they're also Living Colour so it's easier for them to not suck.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Have Roddy join Cole and ReDRagon and form Mt. Rushmore 3.0. PWG 4 lyfe

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Live bands suck because WWE has no clue how to properly mic the stage and make the music sound halfway decent. It always sounds like it's being recorded in a tin can.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

Pyro adds virtually nothing and fills the arena with smoke.

smoke is good

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

pyro is very loud and frightens me! I cover my ears!

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Have Roddy join Cole and ReDRagon and form Mt. Rushmore 3.0. PWG 4 lyfe

As long as someone does an invisible grenade spot so jim cornette literally shits his literal pants I'll smile sagely

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I think Alex Riley actually did steal the grenade elbow at one point

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

He did and Chuck Taylor laughed at stealing the dumbest move he ever invented on twitter

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/899761449593188358

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's the perfect time to start using interim championships. asuka can beat up whoever or finally lose when she returns. and they can then apply them on the main roster to keep guys like brock the forever champ while still having the belt around elsewhere and then brock can come in and destroy whoever that loser is once in a while to reunify

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Probably the best timing since she is just waiting for the tournament winner anyways. Also, If Ember stays in NXT she can talk about how she broke Asuka.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
this article on ho ho lun is an amazing mix of :smith: and :unsmith: http://www.scmp.com/sport/hong-kong/article/2107622/wwe-cult-hero-ho-ho-lun-reflects-his-journey-nxt-after-returning

quote:

“I see it on my Twitter – ‘Ho Ho sucks’. I said, ‘Yeah, I know’. It breaks your heart but I know it’s true. If I’m reviewing that match, I’d type the same thing on my Twitter.

“But if they criticise me, that means they watched me. It’s better than people not watching me. It motivated me to get better.”

Lun performed at around four NXT live events in Florida each month but did not get the chance to wrestle on NXT’s weekly WWE Network programme as much as he would have liked.
“Other than the Cruiserweight Classic, every NXT match I do the guy is one foot taller than me, I can’t do much,” the 1.7 metre-tall Lun says with a hint of frustration.
His final match on NXT programming was a defeat in July to an American wrestler named “The Velveteen Dream”, who stands at 1.88 metres.

“Most of my matches in NXT are like five minutes. If there’s a chance, I wanted to do more matches with smaller guys.”
Lun was actually announced as part of the initial roster for WWE’s “205 Live” programme, which debuted on the WWE Network late last year featuring performers from the Cruiserweight Classic.
“I never got a chance to wrestle there. I don’t know what happened,” he says. “Maybe they want me to stay in NXT for a while first. I wanted to go there – the crowd is always 5,000 or more.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
People who have broken their collarbone talk about how painful it is, but Asuka just kept doing the match without anyone even knowing she was hurt

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I imagine the silver lining to all this is that if the injury is legitimate, Vince will almost certainly have a ton of respect for her. Not that it will mean much, but still.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWEAsuka/status/899775307724599296

RealFoxy posted:

People who have broken their collarbone talk about how painful it is, but Asuka just kept doing the match without anyone even knowing she was hurt

This too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ9Z9-6LqeI

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Boo, I guess this delays her callup. There goes most of my motivation to watch Raw and smackdown this week.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

a credible source tells me that Asuka broke her own collarbone in the hotel bathroom on sunday morning to avoid being called up

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Cavauro posted:

a credible source tells me that Asuka broke her own collarbone in the hotel bathroom on sunday morning to avoid being called up

"Bayley: This is Your Life?!"

*slams her own neck into a dryer*

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Cavauro posted:

May as well do it yourself before Nia does it

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/WWEAsuka/status/899828426424676352

Note: Top half of that picture is part of her x-ray. I don't think WWE would go as far as to get an X-Ray done just for an angle/work.

So while it could still be a work, I really doubt it at this point.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I mean there's no clear indication that it's hers so I don't think it proves much one way or the other. Have they revealed which spot broke the bone?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Basic Chunnel posted:

I mean there's no clear indication that it's hers so I don't think it proves much one way or the other. Have they revealed which spot broke the bone?

They generally don't reveal the spot if the injury is legitimate.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
They don't do X-rays for worked injuries, come on people. Remember when Roman had "cracked ribs and internal injuries" and there were no X-rays to be found? (he was back on TV in 2 weeks).

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

They generally don't reveal the spot if the injury is legitimate.

They did for Bayley, unless that's the exception

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Chris James 2 posted:

They did for Bayley, unless that's the exception
They did for Rollins' knee, too. Though in fairness, that was actually used in an angle. Regardless, dudes in /woooo/ are usually happy to comb video for possible injury / botch moves. Hey

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

RealFoxy posted:

i did once and yeah basically your entire upper body is useless when you gently caress up your collarbone. unless you're asuka of course.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

shiksa posted:

i did once and yeah basically your entire upper body is useless when you gently caress up your collarbone. unless you're asuka of course.

That makes it extra crazy that she still managed to apply the Asuka Lock so well without showing any kind of injury.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
By the way, have a fun factoid. Someone on Reddit translated Asuka's promo she cut in Japanese on the NXT before Takeover Brooklyn, and it is a thing.

quote:

"How many times do I have to say the same thing you loving idiot?"
"You can't loving beat me. Don't you know who I am? I'm Asuka, you bitch!"
"I'll put you in the loving hospital! In the loving hospital! Keep this in mind!"

:stare:

This also ties into the fact that Triple H outright said in an interview that he doesn't understand what she says in Japanese, just that it sounds badass.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

DarkstarIV posted:

By the way, have a fun factoid. Someone on Reddit translated Asuka's promo she cut in Japanese on the NXT before Takeover Brooklyn, and it is a thing.

This also ties into the fact that Triple H outright said in an interview that he doesn't understand what she says in Japanese, just that it sounds badass.

We do not deserve Asuka

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

Then her next promo in Japanese had better be a demand for waffles. For, like, three minutes.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So, in kayfabe, is the Eclipse a move that could hurt the collarbone?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

DarkstarIV posted:

Holy gently caress, she is the best.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

This would be a real good excuse to get the belt off Asuka without totally trashing the women's division

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed

DarkstarIV posted:

*The swearing was all added by the translator. Japanese doesn't really have swear words, it was all in her tone.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Kevin Owens's live reaction to Adam Cole:

https://twitter.com/thebookofrob/status/899319446816378880

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

St Evan Echoes posted:

This would be a real good excuse to get the belt off Asuka without totally trashing the women's division

Vince actually sent the Brisco Brothers to pick up the belt from her because he felt she was being unprofessional not relinquishing it. "Here we go again," sighed Gerald as he left.

• Locked thread