Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Vince actually sent the Brisco Brothers to pick up the belt from her because he felt she was being unprofessional not relinquishing it. "Here we go again," sighed Gerald as he left.

So that's why they were found on Vince's front lawn with tire iron marks in the back of their heads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Oh my God a series of segments where increasingly large groups of people try to take Asuka's belt, only for her to murder them with one arm in a sling :swoon:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

St Evan Echoes posted:

Oh my God a series of segments where increasingly large groups of people try to take Asuka's belt, only for her to murder them with one arm in a sling :swoon:

And it all happens at Fun Time USA :allears:

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

Oben posted:

*The swearing was all added by the translator. Japanese doesn't really have swear words, it was all in her tone.

Yeah she speaks really harshly but she doesn't use any of the words you can't broadcast on Japanese TV (which are mostly, like, slurs against Koreans and blind people). It's weird because "loving" matches her intensity pretty well but you'd hear the same language on Saturday morning cartoons.

Anyway I love angry Japanese promo Asuka and hope we eventually get five straight minutes of her going off on Kairi for always being so nice all the time while everyone else just looks on dumbfounded

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Oben posted:

*The swearing was all added by the translator. Japanese doesn't really have swear words, it was all in her tone.

Isn't it the word commonly translated as "bastard" that is actually a kind honorific, just said in that slurring growl?

it'd be like me calling someone 'a swell gentleman' except my tone indicates 'gently caress you'

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Asuka also speaks with the same kind of accent associated with the Yakuza if that helps

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

dromal phrenia posted:

Isn't it the word commonly translated as "bastard" that is actually a kind honorific, just said in that slurring growl?

it'd be like me calling someone 'a swell gentleman' except my tone indicates 'gently caress you'

Yes. Same with the literal word for poo poo, which depending on tone can also be translated as drat and it's nowhere near as severe.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Is there a MYC thread or are we just going to talk about it here?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

look for the womens wrestling thread

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-kxS1mf7k4

NXT 'Superstars' playing airhockey.

Was Axel Dieter, jr. being renamed to Marcel Barthel already known, or was this video the unveiling of his new name? Either way, Marcel Barthel sounds about as generic as any name could ever sound.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

ChineseConnection posted:

These live music entrances always come out terrible. Four recent ones come to mind:

Sasha Banks at Wrestlemania 32 - Vocalist is completely out of sync and off key, this is maybe the worst.
Nakamura at Brooklyn II - Violist out of sync, sound unbalanced and stealing the spotlight from the wrestler.
Nakamura at Takeover Toronto - Balance is funky, but the spotlight stealing violinists are super cringey.
Black at Brooklyn III - Slightly out of sync, sound unbalanced, vocals are inferior compared to the recording and the band hanging around takes away a lot of Black's mystique

Spend the money on pyro or special effects instead of live bands. Wrestlers today aren't coming out to Motorhead or Limp Bizkit, its third-string semi-amateur CFO$ produced vocalists that can't hack it in a live setting. Also, the dozen or so extras they hired to pretend they were in a mosh-pit... what the hell was that?

Third-string semi-amateur CFO$ produced vocalists that can't hack it in a live setting? No idea about Code Orange, but I'm pretty sure that Incendiary has CD's out and has toured quite a lot. Source: owning their CD's and seeing them live more times than I can count.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
everything about Black's entrance at TakeOver was good except he should have come out in front of the band, instead of behind them (or at least to the side on the ramp or something)

I thought it sounded great live, at least! And Code Orange's intro was goofy at first but idk it was more tolerable than a lot of TakeOver themes so I was okay with it

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Germansimp posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-kxS1mf7k4

NXT 'Superstars' playing airhockey.

Was Axel Dieter, jr. being renamed to Marcel Barthel already known, or was this video the unveiling of his new name? Either way, Marcel Barthel sounds about as generic as any name could ever sound.

It's his legit name, so I imagine it's only going to be temporary.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
NXT Full Sail tapings are on Thursday.

TM61 heavily foreshadowed a return on social media tonight and during the week:

https://twitter.com/ShaneThorneWWE/status/900133130291613696

After tonight on Smackdown it is pretty obvious there's Roddy vs Roode match at the tapings to serve as a blow off for that.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Lumbermouth posted:

It's his legit name, so I imagine it's only going to be temporary.

Marcel Barthel sounds like something you call someone named Marcel to annoy him.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
This Thursday could be the start of the 2017 Dusty Classic:

quote:

The 2015 Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic began August 13th

The 2016 Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic began September 15th

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I have to question: Will anyone even remember who TM61 is? Last time I saw them, they were pretty generic, even by NXT standards.

I mean they are a great tag team, but I don't know many people (personally) who are incredibly excited to see them return. Or even remember who they are.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

DarkstarIV posted:

I have to question: Will anyone even remember who TM61 is? Last time I saw them, they were pretty generic, even by NXT standards.

I mean they are a great tag team, but I don't know many people (personally) who are incredibly excited to see them return. Or even remember who they are.

Hence the problem with a large chunk of NXT's wrestlers.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

DarkstarIV posted:

Two guys in underpants who smarks lose their poo poo over while normal fans just say "ok, so what?".

Pretty much an accurate description of anyone new in NXT now that all the good workers have been siphoned off of every promotion already. They pretty much just need Ricochet and Kenny Omega to complete the set.

Who knows, maybe they'll get mediocre Japanese/Indy Man #23 next. That'll create some buzz.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

TM61 were around during the doldrums period of NXT booking and like Aries and Itami at that time they were the victims of not already being top guys in a show without the real estate to support stories they needed to move up.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Gonna be a good Dusty Classic tho. Heavy Machinery, Street Profits, AoP (presumably), Redragon, Sanity, TM61. Plus my personal favorite, the nascent Cueball Connection of Oney / Burch

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

spudsbuckley posted:

Two guys in underpants who smarks lose their poo poo over while normal fans just say "ok, so what?".

Pretty much an accurate description of anyone new in NXT now that all the good workers have been siphoned off of every promotion already. They pretty much just need Ricochet and Kenny Omega to complete the set.

Who knows, maybe they'll get mediocre Japanese/Indy Man #23 next. That'll create some buzz.

when you take a dump how do you decide what gets flushed and what gets posted

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

TM61 were going to have what seemed like a pretty good program with The Revival. Instead, one of them got injured and The Revival went on to have one of the greatest triple threat tag matches of all time with #DIY and the Authors of Pain, and now they're back when NXT's super good again, so idk if that's a good thing or what

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

The time off could really help TM61. Could give them a clean slate to work with so they can develop some characters and motives.

Or, they just come back and do the same "meh" thing they were doing before.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Tonight's show will have a very good Pete Dunne & Wolfgang vs Tyler Bate & Trent Seven match, in addition to a couple other matches taped before TakeOver

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/900387406515404800

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Note: It will also probably feature Takeover fallout stuff. Maybe even the fate of Asuka and her championship!

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
Is there something in the water in the West Midlands that makes their wrestlers pretty good?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Asuka's response to the "Did you ever think Ember might win?" question during the post-match press conference was amazing.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Asuka selling that injury

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Basic Chunnel posted:

Gonna be a good Dusty Classic tho. Heavy Machinery, Street Profits, AoP (presumably), Redragon, Sanity, TM61. Plus my personal favorite, the nascent Cueball Connection of Oney / Burch

Oney and Burch is a go as tag team. The local Florida NXT tag team of Buddy Murphy and Steve Cutler has been green lit for TV as previously said.

So yeah NXT has a tag division.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Goddamn WWE's roster is insanely good.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Was pretty bummed they didn't find a spot for Lorcan vs. Burch on the Takeover card, but I guess I can see how it would have been too similar in style to Black & Itami, which was the bigger story to tell.

I for drat sure want to see Burch & Lorcan vs. ReDragon at some point, though.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

rovert posted:

Oney and Burch is a go as tag team. The local Florida NXT tag team of Buddy Murphy and Steve Cutler has been green lit for TV as previously said.

So yeah NXT has a tag division.

Was Blake and Cutler no?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

MacDougall posted:

Was Blake and Cutler no?

Oops yeah

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

rovert posted:

Oops yeah

Which one's Murphy? Which one's Blake?

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Nm

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Eurogamer had an article on game collectors. Asuka was featured as part of it.

Some notable quotes (emphasis mine):

quote:

Asuka has talked proudly on Twitter of her game collection, which currently stands at over 5000 titles, and has also done some freelance work as a games journalist. Her collection spreads across a large number of consoles as well as some arcade systems, and she has expressed interest in collecting pinball machines in future. Like many Japanese kids of her era, her love started with the Famicom, bought for her and her older brother by her grandfather.

In particular, she developed a fondness for a certain Italian plumber, citing her first encounters with Mario as the meeting that sparked the love in her heart for gaming. She would often choose to come home to play with her Mario games rather than play in the playground.

quote:

"For example, Xbox and Xbox 360 are great systems," she explains, "but I cannot agree with their digital D-pad. That said, do you think my love for Xbox would be broken because of it? As a cowboy does rodeo, I can do rodeo with my thumb full of love on D-pad, and things are fine. Also, the noises that come out of the Dreamcast's drive are often very disturbing. Again, would that break my love? I have things called earplugs and can pretend like I hear nothing with love. So there is no hardware war for me."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-08-20-near-mint-a-conversation-with-game-collectors

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Not really a spoiler, as it was officially announced on WWE.com, but I'll do it anyway.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/article/asuka-relinquishes-nxt-womens-title

NXT Women’s Champion Asuka relinquished her title to NXT General Manager William Regal tonight at Full Sail University in Orlando, Fla. After her dominant performance and historic 500-plus day reign as NXT Women’s Champion, The Empress of Tomorrow looks to her future for new opportunities in WWE, though no specific details are known at this time. Her reign will officially end on the date that her historic announcement airs.

Go RV! fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Aug 25, 2017

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
All hail Asuka!

I guess the question is now, Raw or Smackdown? Raw needs the talent but Smackdown would provide better matches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Smackdown please, because i can't bring myself to actually watch RAW.

Also I'm gonna lean toward not using spoiler tags since it's on their site and Instagram and all that.

Assuming the injury is real (which I don't doubt at this point), it's really a blessing in disguise for NXT. Obviously sucks for Asuka and you don't want anyone injured, but she beat literally EVERYBODY so unless the plan was for her to drop the title to the MYC winner, there wasn't much else they could do. The injury not only lets her stay undefeated, which is nifty, but also isn't an outright "burial" of the roster if she were healthy and dropped the title.

• Locked thread