Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Can't link from Steam since it doesn't do https.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

susie sumner isn't supposed to have arms and legs 0/10 fan art

Orv
May 4, 2011
Sometimes it does? It's weird, thanks for fixing that.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Synthbuttrange posted:

Oh man, I love games that have missions where you gently caress up people's Feng Shui.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyNCOi9GHlQ
Back a couple of pages but Hitman has an opportunity where you mess with an OCD mans stuff until he freaks out and tries to smoke to calm down. Which you of course laced with LSD. He then runs into a shack to freak out even more and you can then drown him in a tub of water.

It's hilariously cruel.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Palpek posted:

Guess what, a new Anno set during the industrial age is coming, it looks great:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMsFL7W-IGA

I'm so stoked for this and the Black Mirror remake.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

You guys keep scaring the poo poo out of me when you say "Black Mirror remake" because remaking the British Twilight Zone tv show stateside sounds like the worst thing in the world

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Cowcaster posted:

susie sumner isn't supposed to have arms and legs 0/10 fan art

ヽ( '▽ ')ノ

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
Ace Combat 7 got a new trailer. It's shaping up to be better than Zero by a mile, but we'll see.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Which side do we play as?

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

You guys keep scaring the poo poo out of me when you say "Black Mirror remake" because remaking the British Twilight Zone tv show stateside sounds like the worst thing in the world

The new Netflix season was good. You saw that right?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Finished Far Cry: Brotherhood. Never got to be quite this good and never got to really experiment with co-op, but still.

It's basically a very fun game, with the downsides mostly consisting of Ubisoft's insistence on being... Ubisoft.

Not the recycling or the collectathon aspects. I can see how people might be annoyed about those, and I think it's worth pointing out that Far Cry 4 barely qualifies as a full sequel rather than a DLC campaign on a different map (hence my insistence on calling it FC: Brotherhood), but I liked FC3 well enough, and didn't mind reprising it again (twice over even, including Blood Dragon). (Though recycling the exact same gameplay in the Shangri-La sequences was a step too far, and I hope Primal does better)

The collection was properly varied and moderately challenging, in that the collectibles weren't quite just different reskins of a box you ran up to and pressed the interact button - you sometime had to think a bit and had different ways to interact with each. Collectibles also gave you useful stuff (small amounts of cash and xp per each, and bigger rewards at regular intervals) in addition to slowly increasing your progress towards 100% completion.

What I genuinely HATED was the single automatic save, the harsh limits on what you can do during main missions (as opposed to the mayhem of sandbox exploration and side-missions), and the terrible main plot (with it's loving unskippable cutscenes, in 20-loving-14).

I don't know why Ubisoft insists upon disallowing manual saves. I know that poo poo is kinda their thing right now (for whatever reason) but it's just... terrible in every way. If I want to replay a specific moment, my only choice is to go back and replay the whole game. If I crashed near the end of a long mission (which happened more than once) I'd have to go right back to the start of the mission, back to the endless unskippable cutscenes, travel and other bullshit. I think it's even worse than the usual Ubisoft poo poo, because I'm fairly sure other games allow you to restart from a checkpoint even if you had the sheer gall to quit / crash the game before finishing a mission.

See the video I linked at the start of this review for the kind of fun poo poo you can do while free-roaming, taking over outposts and assassinating people. Way too many plot missions stopped you from doing anything interesting, forcing you to either stealth through without ever engaging, or fighting waves of enemies that knew where you are. (Also - I know that you can stealth through regardless, but having enemies become aware if someone was killed right next to them, no matter how quiet the kill, is basically a stupid violation of stealth conventions).

The plot. I'm a pretty left-wing person, and this might be the first and last time I ever bag on popular game reviews for being too PC, but the basic idea that "FC3 had a white person saving natives, while FC4 didn't, ergo FC4 is superior" is just... loving insane. Jason may have had an obnoxious personality, but at least he had a personality. A character arc. A degree of interaction with other characters that was more than the verbal equivalent of a floating question mark above his head. He wasn't a clinically retarded puppet like AJ, is what I'm saying. Compare and contrast (for instance) the interactions with Hurk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBBoO5xIChQ&t=215s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Th9NhJZKWk

FC3 actually had themes. It was trying to say poo poo. Perhaps it was a touch ham-handed, but at least it tried. FC4 has absolutely nothing beyond "um, have you considered that violent revolutions may be... not good? Blew your mind, amirite?" Which:

A) Is a drum the series has been beating since FC2.

B) Bioshock Infinity came out around the same time, and had the exact same theme. I wonder why one game took so much more poo poo for it than the other.

Then there's the minor stuff like NPC companions being useless, having to drive to a location to get instructions to start a mission (even though you have a radio) and then driving to the actual mission, and more annoying details. Ubisoft is really fond of creating good games and then doing their damnest to ruin them.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Because Infinite also happened to have a theme of "Oh the blacks are actually animals, see ya!" slotted in the third act.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Woke up this morning to find that someone in Kazakhstan tried to log into my account at 4AM. They had the password apparently but were rebuffed by the steam guard.

Scary thing is that I did use that password for other stuff. I've changed everything but I'm wondering how they had my password at all? It was too simple, a repeated five letter word with nothing else, so could it have just been a brute force? Thinking this may have been it because if it was someone actually actively trying to crack my account he could have - the steamguard link went to my email which shared the password of Steam.

dont steal my life pls mister russian man

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Too late. You're already dead.

NEVER re-use passwords, folks!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ymgve posted:

All my important things have a unique password.

All other garbage, including SA, gets the same password.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Looks like Shadow Warrior is free, at least for now - http://store.steampowered.com/app/233130/Shadow_Warrior/

e: "Free permanent copy of Shadow Warrior! Available until August 23rd 10AM Pacific."

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

ymgve posted:

All of my accounts use the same password, which is my SIN number but with a "P" in front of it.

Naganted
Jul 22, 2007

Indistinct Gibberish.
Toilet Rascal
Amazing, your password is probably so stolen that it wasn't even you typing that!

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Look at this jerk who doesn't use their birthday for everything. :jerkbag:

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
In probably-should-have-happened-six-years-ago news, Brink is now free to play in some form.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I just use my luggage combination.

Orv
May 4, 2011

The Kins posted:

In probably-should-have-happened-six-years-ago news, Brink is now free to play in some form.

Whaaaaaaaaaaa

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I wish i could go back in time and sue them for tricking me into buying a poo poo game.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Also free for today only: Shadow Warrior 2013.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

The Kins posted:

Also free for today only: Shadow Warrior 2013.

wow i'm shocked

i've been calling it shadow warrior 2014

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

RBA Starblade posted:

I just use my luggage combination.

1 2 3 4 5?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
Humble Spoopy bundle

Pay what you want

Dead Age
DreadOut
DreadOut: Keepers of The Dark
Lakeview Cabin Collection

BTA
Layers of Fear: Masterpiece Edition
Alien: Isolation
Five Nights at Freddy's: Sister Location

$10 or more
Dead by Daylight

Honestly I'm only interested in Lakeview

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
BTA is worth it for Alien: Isolation alone, but the other two games are also good.

gazza
Oct 20, 2013
new video game law: for every brutal, warmongering, genocidal, racist bad guy there must be an opposing force that is actually JUSTASBAD

the only moral path in life is ruthless neutrality in every possible circumstance

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

gazza posted:

new video game law: for every brutal, warmongering, genocidal, racist bad guy there must be an opposing force that is actually JUSTASBAD

the only moral path in life is ruthless neutrality in every possible circumstance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8ws_APXilE

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

Alien: Isolation is great if you don't already have it. Goes on a little too long but it's the only game that's really creeped me out in quite a while.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I already have Isolation - which I've never got very far due to being too spooked - so I'll probably nab the 1$ tier later.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

The Walrus posted:

It was too simple, a repeated five letter word with nothing else

penispenis?

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Prey really is as awesome as I expected.
Let's hope it sells two million+ copies when it'll invariably get shuffled around the usual sites as Bethesdas now town pump.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Palpek posted:

Guess what, a new Anno set during the industrial age is coming, it looks great:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMsFL7W-IGA

gently caress YES :toot: I haven't really truly got sucked into an Anno game since 1404, hopefully this owns bones and looks like it will. Just give me the colorful-world with relaxing charmy water splashing sounds, docks creaking, and old timy coffee trading or something with updated production chain mechanics and stuff and I'll be happy. I don't want to go the moon, or under the sea, or look at a world built from 50 shades of greys

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I guess I enjoyed Alien: Isolation.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Palpek posted:

I guess we can stay friends then

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Palpek posted:

I don't know… unless you have two dozen posts to prove it, I just don't know if I believe that.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Alien Isolation is the only game in that bundle that I might pay money for, and even that seems like the kind of game that will bore me after a while.

Dead by Daylight looked sort of interesting but I am always hesitant of buying into multi only games, especially since ending up in the humble bundle probably means your community has evaporated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

PantsBandit posted:

Alien Isolation is the only game in that bundle that I might pay money for, and even that seems like the kind of game that will bore me after a while.

Dead by Daylight looked sort of interesting but I am always hesitant of buying into multi only games, especially since ending up in the humble bundle probably means your community has evaporated.

I haven't played it, but Dead by Daylight is looking pretty okay according to steamcharts http://steamcharts.com/app/381210