Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

grand theft grotto posted:

I have not heard of Mario x Rabbis but I am totally up for it.

It's Mario Oddissey dlc, you visit Israel and fight goymbas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Remember what Mama Mario always said Luigi.

Around Boos, you lose.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/900010277864751104

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Just got a Switch and it's basically my Sonic Mania console right now. Really contemplating if I want to buy Breath of the Wild or not. Why can't AAA games be $30 instead of $60 :mad:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

BotW is worth 60. Also it won't ever drop because Nintendo.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Macaluso posted:

Just got a Switch and it's basically my Sonic Mania console right now. Really contemplating if I want to buy Breath of the Wild or not. Why can't AAA games be $30 instead of $60 :mad:

Based on my limited ten hours of experience with it so far, it's TOTALLY worth $60.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

It's worth $100. Just get it. You will love it.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Norns posted:

You never drop greatness

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Norns posted:

It's this. At best you can hope for a "Buy 1/Get 1 50% off deal" that some retailers do from time to time. This is the chief reason why I am only buying physical games for the Switch.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

BotW is easily the game of the year, and possibly all other years too. Get it.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Yep. Game is ENORMOUS.

And literally anything you can think of is at least 50% to work. Like, I felt like a total moron when I swam through an icy river that hurt me and then saw a floating log just go by next to me as soon as I was done.

Did you try Cryosis? I used to to very slowly cross a pond only to realize after the fact that there was a boat not ten feet from where I started my crossing.

I'd wager that (assuming you have all the upgrades) that if you try ANYTHING in Zelda, it'll work. I was never let down, at least, but then again I tend not not be very creative.

..obligitory link to the Dunky video because it's required viewing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EvbqxBUG_c

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

lelandjs posted:

Did you try Cryosis? I used to to very slowly cross a pond only to realize after the fact that there was a boat not ten feet from where I started my crossing.

It's a shame I see people call cryo useless so often when it's cool as heck when dealing with cold water or working across bodies of water with low stamina. Plus all the people that miss its really obvious defensive utility before and in the zora DB.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Yeah, I've been playing Zelda for months on end and still feel like I haven't seen half of it. It's *that* kind of game.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Frankston posted:

BotW is easily the game of the year, and possibly all other years too. Get it.

Yakuza 0

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

lelandjs posted:

I did, but there was a little cave overhead bit that I didn't think I would have clearance to get under. (turns out I would have - there's a shrine in there, I bet people will know exactly the one I mean when I say that - and it was clearly designed to get to in several different ways)

Game rules. The only thing I've tried that didn't work was throwing a metal weapon at an enemy when I was about to get struck by lightning for wielding it. And I can't confirm that I didn't time that wrong.

e: also why did I think Mario x Rabbids dropped today

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

:yeah:

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

HZD, BOTW, and Yakuza 0 are my candidates for GOTY.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

When you type botw are you saying the whole name subconsciously or are you saying like "bot wuh"

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Real hurthling! posted:

When you type botw are you saying the whole name subconsciously or are you saying like "bot wuh"

I just shorthand it as "breffa" in my head

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Real hurthling! posted:

bot wuh gotyeuh eff tee dubya

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Real hurthling! posted:

When I say it, it rhymes with goty

Depressing Box
Jun 27, 2010

Half-price sideshow.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

The only thing I've tried that didn't work was throwing a metal weapon at an enemy when I was about to get struck by lightning for wielding it. And I can't confirm that I didn't time that wrong.

I wonder, is it possible if you use Magnesis to float the metal item near the enemy? I know it can trigger for stuff lying on the ground.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Real hurthling! posted:

Bōtü

Actually, I usually say, "Both/Botwuh," in my head.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Motto posted:

It's a shame I see people call cryo useless so often when it's cool as heck when dealing with cold water or working across bodies of water with low stamina. Plus all the people that miss its really obvious defensive utility before and in the zora DB.

Wait does cryo block lasers? Shiit

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I got my pro controller back from repair, I haven't looked at it closely yet since I'm at work but do they actually repair it and give it back or do they just give you a new one

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

There are certain combat shrines that are in shallow water and you can use cryosis to form columns for the guardians to crash again.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Lakbay posted:

I got my pro controller back from repair, I haven't looked at it closely yet since I'm at work but do they actually repair it and give it back or do they just give you a new one

The packing slip should tell you if they repaired or replaced it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lakbay posted:

What was broken? Do they accept work orders for the dpad? I didnt think they had redesigned it yet.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

My game of the year is tied pretty evenly so far between Nier Automata, Persona 5, Sonic Mania and Crash Bandicoot :)

This year has been good for games in general, it's shocking.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Real hurthling! posted:

What was broken? Do they accept work orders for the dpad? I didnt think they had redesigned it yet.

face buttons stopped working completely or it would act as if left was held down indefinitely, another goon in the spla2n thread has the exact same problem. I looked at the letter and they just replaced it. There was even a specific pre-set "select the problem" for the exact problem on the nintendo support site!

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Heh look at this fool who didn't take the superior boat path

I did eventually :-( It just took nearly my entire stick of lives to find it!

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

My game of the year is tied pretty evenly so far between Nier Automata, Persona 5, Sonic Mania and Crash Bandicoot :)

This year has been good for games in general, it's shocking.

I didn't think much could top 2016 but 2017 has been strong so far. BotW, Horizon Zero Dawn, Mario Odyssey. I don't get down with Nier or Persona but god drat have we had a good two years.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
oh my god imagine Patapon on the Switch

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Okay I did

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I did and then I realized I can just play it on my Vita and I'm like cool I should go do that.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Bleck posted:

oh my god imagine Patapon on the Switch

Patapon is a sony first party studio

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Policenaut posted:

I did and then I realized I can just play it on my Vita and I'm like cool I should go do that.

What's a Vita?

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Yakuza 0 is my goty so far

BotW just hasn't clicked with me
people talk about how much there is to do in that game, but the world feels kinda empty to me

I'm probably dumb and bad at games, but I wind up following the roads to the next story objective and not seeing much to do other than shrines in between

There's a lot of "that's neat" moments with the physics, but my combat style mostly boils down to hitting things with clubs and swords :shrug:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Donkey Konga would be perfect for the Switch

Andrast posted:

What's a Vita?

Vita means "life"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Ludwig van Halen posted:

Yakuza 0 is my goty so far

BotW just hasn't clicked with me
people talk about how much there is to do in that game, but the world feels kinda empty to me

I'm probably dumb and bad at games, but I wind up following the roads to the next story objective and not seeing much to do other than shrines in between

There's a lot of "that's neat" moments with the physics, but my combat style mostly boils down to hitting things with clubs and swords :shrug:

I feel the same way about BotW, it's personal opinion for me but I liked the overworld and getting around it but everything else was just kind of boring me to tears. Big empty world with copy pasted bokoblin outposts that lead to some of the lamest and most boring dungeons in the series? Ehhh.

• Locked thread