Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Nintendo?
This poll is closed.
Nintendon't 45 22.73%
Nintendoomed 22 11.11%
Nintendrone 13 6.57%
Nintendovahkiin 55 27.78%
Nintend'oh! 63 31.82%
Total: 198 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Well there's "humans are the real monsters" and "the real monster is Capitalism, and also specifically these human assholes over here."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Cowcaster posted:

personally i hate "technology and science are evil! we need to live in peace with mother gaia!" plots more

This is why I loved the movie Sunshine, despite all its flaws. It's humans flying right to the face of God and saying "gently caress you, give me more life" using the power of science.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
'humans are the real monsters' is also the plot of real life :tinfoil:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Humans are very bad

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

however, humans created video games

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Video games are also bad.

Serf
May 5, 2011

humans are the villains of real life, so really any given story will either accept/deny that

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Not this poo poo again

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Haha, yeah I hate humans, I'm so cool and nihilistic and also literally a child. :rolleyes:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Cowcaster posted:

however, humans created video games

video games are the real monsters

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

i dunno, actual monsters are hecka scary

maybe not aaah real monsters, tho

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

I did and it completely ignored them and attacked me

As long as they see it before it sees you they will shoot it like idiots and you'll be scott free.

Honestly it really is a bit easier when you've got both of them around than just one type alone (or robots....)

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Phantasium posted:

maybe not aaah real monsters, tho

you mean aaah humans

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

klasky csupo are the real monsters

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Dr Cheeto posted:

Crowbcat did a video on LawBreakers so I guess that game is dead now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ4v2LgVlEA
I'm still not sure what it is

At least the game fared better than Drawn to Death did.

Like the gaming populace at large might have already forgotten about LawBreakers but I don't think anyone actively hates/hated the game like they did with that.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Regy Rusty posted:

As long as they see it before it sees you they will shoot it like idiots and you'll be scott free.

Honestly it really is a bit easier when you've got both of them around than just one type alone (or robots....)

Okay I was probably just running around like an idiot because I've had no sleep

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Humans are video games

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

an actual dog posted:

It's reasonable to be excited for Mario x Rabbids cause it's gonna own

Counterpoint: Ubisoft

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Dr Cheeto posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ4v2LgVlEA
I'm still not sure what it is

This isn't quite on the level of the Evolve or Battleborn videos, but it really makes you hate Cliffy B. "gently caress Xbox" (after they propped you up for a decade). "I think we made the Dark Souls of shooters" (what the gently caress does this even mean?). "Overwatch's characters are too 'anime'" (Yeah, grimdark characters are great in an FPS where you can't see yourself and only need to see the silhouette of the enemy).

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
The Dark Souls of shooters. Carefully examining each magazine's description for the intricate Cliffy B Background Lore.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

LawfulWaffle posted:

"Overwatch's characters are too 'anime'"

I'm glad that cliffy b is still stuck in that early 2000s goon mindset when anime is actually extremely Good now.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
What little I've played of Lawbreakers>What little I've played of Overwatch.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Dr Cheeto posted:

:laugh:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Video games are also bad.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

ouch

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Game I've never heard of until this page having less people than Battleborn isn't really surprising to me.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Oh man, the Videogame Ratings Council, that brings back memories

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I'm glad that cliffy b is still stuck in that early 2000s goon mindset when anime is actually extremely Good now.

that's the 2017 goon mindset

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I gave it some serious thought and Gunz is the Dark Souls of shooters

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Saint Freak posted:

Game I've never heard of until this page having less people than Battleborn isn't really surprising to me.

Looks like it has significantly more players than Battleborn. Battleborn only wins total players because they've been trickling in for months.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

tap my mountain posted:

I gave it some serious thought and Gunz is the Dark Souls of shooters

it's bad, so

checks out :smug:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Saint Freak posted:

Yo, Goons have a real hateboner for CliffyB and I don't know why (I think he used to post here or something?) but maybe it's because of Gears of War. I do not like Gears of War but he also contributed a lot to UT so I have not problem with the man.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
they put danganronpaul characters in crypt of the necrodancer

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

corn in the bible posted:

it's bad, so

checks out :smug:

*Kstyles around your post like a beautiful butterfly and wastes you effortlessly*

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I saw CliffyB in an interview last year and there's just an unctuous and off-putting vibe he gives off when talking about anything.

LawBreakers looks like something that would be fun to mess around with for a weekend but I feel like in this marketplace if you don't have a hook for building a community around your multiplayer game there are just already a lot of franchises that have people and their time securely locked in

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Aug 22, 2017

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Mordja posted:

Yo, Goons have a real hateboner for CliffyB and I don't know why (I think he used to post here or something?) but maybe it's because of Gears of War. I do not like Gears of War but he also contributed a lot to UT so I have not problem with the man.

I think it may be due to his insanely bad opinions

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Mordja posted:

he's just kind of an obnoxious jerkass

also lol at him throwing shade at overwatch for being anime when he once uploaded a vine of himself pinching an evangelion mouse pad

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://store.steampowered.com/app/473690/Absolver/

This looks like a cool "Souls-inspired" kind of game.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

The Colonel posted:

he's just kind of an obnoxious jerkass

also lol at him throwing shade at overwatch for being anime when he once uploaded a vine of himself pinching an evangelion mouse pad

Yeah, but like I said he was also a primary designer on UT, so he could kill a man and I wouldn't blink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Mordja posted:

Yeah, but like I said he was also a primary designer on UT, so he could kill a man and I wouldn't blink.

He also described his own game as being the dark souls of shooters tho

• Locked thread