Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Empress Brosephine posted:

It really feels like at some point they either fired their sound guy or some severe sound bug and story guy because there is like 0 ambient sound and audio clips and stops ALL THE TIME and the story cutscenes will end abruptly.

I hope the sound stuff gets patched, because the ambient dialog from pedestrians in games like this is sometimes pretty funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
So when can I get the non autotune August Gaunt jam 'Can't Stop Won't Stop'? I wanna make it a ringtone.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Honestly my biggest audio complaint is that the levels during super weapon events are super hosed. I play with headphones and when the police and disaster sirens started to wail during my first fracking event I thought North Korea had launched the nukes.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Anyone else notice that the name of the second Steeltoe mission may be a dig at Call of Duty? Also the stuff with AISHA has been pretty funny to me as well.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Just got a small console update, and I have no idea what it did.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Just got a small console update, and I have no idea what it did.

There's supposed to be a hotfix coming up for the mission objectives bug.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Why are there so many shard/crystals? Does something else use them later because the game gives them out way too often and you're very quickly have more than you know what to do with.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

muscles like this! posted:

Why are there so many shard/crystals? Does something else use them later because the game gives them out way too often and you're very quickly have more than you know what to do with.

You use them to level your characters past 20.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Anyone else having a thing where a high malice level boss will just disappear mid combat, forcing the game to spawn another?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

muscles like this! posted:

Fortunately, counter to the usual collectothon instincts. You don't need all the crystals for anything but cheevos. As particularly once you get the "better loot odds" upgrade, and more events are available. You can end up getting multiple cores before you collect 10 shards.

It's the upshot of Legion hazards being so spammy. A constant supply of upgrade cores, when not simply getting lucky with a treasure chest having one inside. Get those scan upgrades.

It's incredibly liberating, and why I'm glad for the concept of quickly resetting events. If not the current implementation of "So you spawned in, and you are already inside the aggro range of both a golem's airstrikes and-*rolls dice* a fracking machine you can see fifteen feet in front of the temple and *rolls dice* one of those spawning booths" With snipers already aiming at you if you try to roof hop far enough to call in your car without it being smashed by a meteor.

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Anyone else having a thing where a high malice level boss will just disappear mid combat, forcing the game to spawn another?

I've had this happen to me a ton, yes. "Oh he took cover behind the one piece of cover in this area rather than let the pair of snipers and my giant laser beam hit him? Guess I should lose aggro and reset rather than pursue him"

Let me murder you for profit already. :argh:

Though I admit, having cleared the story has kind of cut my drive to get all my agents to 20. Even though I've got 80+ cores sitting around asking me "Who do you want to skyrocket to level 40 for shits and giggles?" (It would probably be Pierce. For reasons of "Braddock is a beast at 20, but Pierce is always short range")

Section Z fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Aug 23, 2017

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
With no way to show shards on the map I don't know how any sane person would manage to find them all.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
You get the scan range and crystal shower upgrades and start smashing that Y button. :science:

Oh, wait, you said sane.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.
Aren't the shards infinite random spawns like the chests? There's no point in trying to find them all as you cannot actually do so. The individual shards start to become a little irrelevant as you start getting shards and full upgrade core drops off higher tier enemies.

e: Apparently not. I didn't notice there was an achievement for doing just that, welp.

Mediocrity Goggles fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Aug 23, 2017

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Nah, there are 350ish shards in the game. There's a counter on the Agency Progress screen.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I can't find a setup for Joule that makes her not a chore to play. She just always seems to do such crap damage.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

RatHat posted:

Nah, there are 350ish shards in the game. There's a counter on the Agency Progress screen.

Across the course of the campaign I only found 150. Something tells me that last trophy will not be one of my goals... :suicide:

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
So today I learned that Golems aren't immune to Kingpin's Dance Party and will in fact bust some sweet moves while you gun them down.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Is me or Joule is kind of bad?

Her turret is bad, her main weapon is bad. Only her super murder shot.

Tried Oni. After all the hype I expected something amazing. Is kind of ... Agent 47 with a weird magical aura that scare people?, and his super is a bigger aura?

I know this is Agents of Mayhem, so some bland character may shine later with a modifier.

Like this red hat guy. It kills good, but nothing to send a letter one.

I found a grenade launcher modifier for Kingping. How can any other character can compare to this? really?

I am looking forward for the other agents.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I wish the wall-climbing agents were a little more spiderman-like. It would be cool to be able to scale whole buildings, or remain stationary on a wall, especially as Rama.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Oni only really starts to shine once you get some good Legion tech for him.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

You can stack mad debuffs on a target with Oni I believe.
Half the time when I'm in a lair, I'll see that I hit one of those random workers with 3, and I wasn't even looking at them.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
He's also a hilarious murder machine if you're got good aim and use his special as an execution. Couple shots bring the enemy down enough for it to kill, which you then chain onto the next poor bastard, etc.

I find him much easier to use effectively than the ninja lady at any rate. Her lack of stagger protection has seen me murdered more than should be happening.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

I'd appreciate it if the recruitment missions weren't set to level 1, so I can accurately gauge how poo poo or not an agent is.

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

I can't finish many of the connected contracts and I don't know if it's just not counting or people join and don't help.

That trophy might be my hardest one ha.

Kaincypher
Apr 24, 2008
getting a fun bug that makes waypoints disappear and stops the mission from moving forward. Even restarting from checkpoints does nothing half the time. Super fun!

Highest Cactus
Jul 25, 2007

News: Mysterious illegal cookies seized. "Tastes terrible," says police.

Played a few hours the other night, stopped when I died during Hardtack's story mission and the game softlocked with me down. Couldnt bring up any menus or move or anything, so I just force closed and quit playing. Overall the game is ok, but I was hoping more for a Saints Row 4

EDIT: game softlocked when I died during a story mission again

Highest Cactus fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Aug 24, 2017

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

Haven't been able to play this as much as I'd like, but mainly I'm just surprised it's playable on my potato of a PC. My biggest problem is more with me than with the game, but i simply can NOT remember that LB is "activate Gremlin tech" and not "hold to run," and I've had to just put the cheapest thing in there so that it doesn't cost me much when I instinctively hit the button while running. I can remap keyboard and mouse buttons, but not the controller...

It's hard to fight 600+ hours of muscle memory.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

It took me a while to discover the gremlin tech button, and now I pretty much don't use them.
They kinda suck

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

It took me a while to discover the gremlin tech button, and now I pretty much don't use them.
They kinda suck

I'd probably use the "Murder all civilians" tech to make hate machines easier when not using somebody who can essentially AoE two shot them before they enable their invulnerability. But the civilians keep spawning in anyways so yeah.

That said, make at least some of the revive party techs just in case.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Have updated thoughts on this game as I get farther through it. I'm pretty close to the end. Weirdly it says I have 57/57 campaign missions done but there are still more to go and I have two bosses left to take down.

Overall I obviously enjoy this game or I wouldn't have made it this far since I tend to get bored of games I'm not enjoying pretty easily. That said, it's still weird to me that it was intended to be a single player game throughout its development, because it seems like it would be so much funner as a cooperative experience and it lacks a certain polish I expect from single player dedicated games. The game has a lot of neat concepts but I don't feel that any of them were fully explored. The multiple heroes are fun to play but I still don't feel like I really know any of them outside of the ones that were in the Saints Row games. There are a number of dangling plot threads that I assumed would be resolved in the team missions but aren't, like how Oni's family is still abducted but the team mission is for some reason about getting a chinchilla?

The game feels like a bunch of loosely connected ideas for silly scenarios with no strong thread holding them together. I would like to have seen much more interplay between the various villains since they're supposed to be a team themselves, but they're all so isolated within their respective storylines. Even Saints Row 3 managed to do this a bit better than this game and that game was a narrative disaster. I feel similarly about the relationships between the various heroes and npc allies. I hear about their relationships but they never -show- any of the heroes actually hanging out or working together so I don't feel any genuine connection there. They do this with the npcs so I actually end up feeling more connected to them than the characters I'm actually playing.

The game was enjoyable enough to keep me playing it but if any other games I wanted had come out at the same time as this one then I probably would barely have played it. You see pretty much all this game has to offer within the first hour. Volition is going to need to do better when it comes to their next game. They still haven't done another really good open world. The city is nice to look at but that's it. It's all looks and no personality.

And I'm sorry to say, but as long as they keep this so connected to Saints Row I'm gonna be craving the return of my Boss. I keep thinking about how much more enjoyable a character the Boss was when compared to Persephone.

Red Card's Mayhem Ability is still bad.

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said

Viridiant posted:

Have updated thoughts on this game as I get farther through it. I'm pretty close to the end. Weirdly it says I have 57/57 campaign missions done but there are still more to go and I have two bosses left to take down.

Overall I obviously enjoy this game or I wouldn't have made it this far since I tend to get bored of games I'm not enjoying pretty easily. That said, it's still weird to me that it was intended to be a single player game throughout its development, because it seems like it would be so much funner as a cooperative experience and it lacks a certain polish I expect from single player dedicated games. The game has a lot of neat concepts but I don't feel that any of them were fully explored. The multiple heroes are fun to play but I still don't feel like I really know any of them outside of the ones that were in the Saints Row games. There are a number of dangling plot threads that I assumed would be resolved in the team missions but aren't, like how Oni's family is still abducted but the team mission is for some reason about getting a chinchilla?

The game feels like a bunch of loosely connected ideas for silly scenarios with no strong thread holding them together. I would like to have seen much more interplay between the various villains since they're supposed to be a team themselves, but they're all so isolated within their respective storylines. Even Saints Row 3 managed to do this a bit better than this game and that game was a narrative disaster. I feel similarly about the relationships between the various heroes and npc allies. I hear about their relationships but they never -show- any of the heroes actually hanging out or working together so I don't feel any genuine connection there. They do this with the npcs so I actually end up feeling more connected to them than the characters I'm actually playing.

The game was enjoyable enough to keep me playing it but if any other games I wanted had come out at the same time as this one then I probably would barely have played it. You see pretty much all this game has to offer within the first hour. Volition is going to need to do better when it comes to their next game. They still haven't done another really good open world. The city is nice to look at but that's it. It's all looks and no personality.

And I'm sorry to say, but as long as they keep this so connected to Saints Row I'm gonna be craving the return of my Boss. I keep thinking about how much more enjoyable a character the Boss was when compared to Persephone.

Red Card's Mayhem Ability is still bad.

The loose threads thing bugged me until i realized the missions were basically the "what keeps this character going through the whole run of the saturday morning cartoon" sort of thing. and yeah, Neo-Seoul is nice looking but it has no real landmarks, city feels oddly procedurally generated and like it could go on infinitely in any direction.

The boss/saints row thing i honestly wish that volition had had the guts to just leave SR out of it entirely if it wasn't actually going to be a SR game. there's a good few occasions where i was thinking "either poo poo or get off the pot, volition" about the coy hints. like, easter eggs and references are one thing and fun but this was heading more towards cowardice. either do it or don't but don't hedge your bets so blatantly.

red card still bad

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

You use them to level your characters past 20.

That was kind of a disappointing revelation when I hit level 20 with my teams. I was expecting to have to take them into tougher bases and really work on making them tougher, but instead I just pushed X twenty times and now they roll over everything.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Now you're ready for level 15 difficulty. :getin:

IdolNinja
Mar 7, 2011

It's our time now!
Let's get this shit started!

It really feels like at some point they either fired their sound guy or some severe sound bug and story guy because there is like 0 ambient sound and audio clips and stops ALL THE TIME and the story cutscenes will end abruptly.

We've seen many comments from players about the audio mix having issues, and we just aren't seeing them on our end. There should absolutely be ambient noise, music in vehicles, vehicle sound fx, ped dialgoue, etc. Our audio guys are hoping that you fine folks can help us narrow this down so that we can update the game.

If you are having these types of audio issues, we would appreciate it if you would let us know the following:

• What platform you are on
• What is the relative audio balance (slider positioning for music vs sfx vs voice)
• What is your audio mix setting on receiver or TV (TV, mute music, game, knob 11, cinema, etc)
• If you are playing via a 5.1 set up what is the receiver set to? a stereo set up, multi-channel stereo, etc?
• Is it completely silent or is it just very low? Can you push up the volume and try to hear if the audio is actually playing quietly?
• Any information about consistency in these occurrences:
Does it happen in a certain mission and/or scheme?
In the open world?
In Seoul mostly or the ARK?
Certain characters or all?
Any other specific details?

Thanks for taking the time to respond!

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The first problem is probably that the audio settings don't make sense. What does knob 11 mean even. I have tried it on all and they're extremely faint or inaudible. The car itself has no sound and when your agent first lands it's like the saddest Thud ever. I'm on 5.1 not DTS with a Sonos playbase and two plays. I'll give more info later.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What platform you are on
• What is the relative audio balance (slider positioning for music vs sfx vs voice)

Everything was auto bumped to 10

• What is your audio mix setting on receiver or TV (TV, mute music, game, knob 11, cinema, etc)

I usually keep it on knob 11 but I tried everything and didn't notice much if any changes.

• If you are playing via a 5.1 set up what is the receiver set to? a stereo set up, multi-channel stereo, etc?

5.1 Sonos playbase

• Is it completely silent or is it just very low? Can you push up the volume and try to hear if the audio is actually playing quietly?

So low it's almost non existent. I even tried running into a pedestrian and heard nothing. Music is basically inaudible and car audio is super low. Voice is high and good from characters and so is fun sounds everything else no

In the open world?

Open world almost all the time.

IdolNinja
Mar 7, 2011

It's our time now!
Let's get this shit started!

What platform you are on

Everything was auto bumped to 10

I usually keep it on knob 11 but I tried everything and didn't notice much if any changes.

5.1 Sonos playbase

So low it's almost non existent. I even tried running into a pedestrian and heard nothing. Music is basically inaudible and car audio is super low. Voice is high and good from characters and so is fun sounds everything else no

In the open world?

Open world almost all the time.

Thanks. What platform are you playing on? PC, PS4, Xbox One?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh sorry, PS4 Pro. It just sounds like there's a bug with the audio sliders or something.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also what would you suggest I use for the audio mix selection for 5.1? Cinema?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

IdolNinja posted:

We've seen many comments from players about the audio mix having issues, and we just aren't seeing them on our end. There should absolutely be ambient noise, music in vehicles, vehicle sound fx, ped dialgoue, etc. Our audio guys are hoping that you fine folks can help us narrow this down so that we can update the game.

If you are having these types of audio issues, we would appreciate it if you would let us know the following:

• What platform you are on
In the open world?

Thanks for taking the time to respond!

- Playing on PS4
- Default audio sliders
- Using Turtle Beach Recon 60p Amplified Stereo Headset
- Voice and weapon noises are fine; pedestrian audio, world SFX, and music barely audible. However, siren/screaming SFX that generate during chaos events like golem and fracking activities are EXTEMELY high.
- ARK audio seems fine. Issues mostly relegated to Seoul.

• Locked thread