Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Nintendo?
This poll is closed.
Nintendon't 45 22.73%
Nintendoomed 22 11.11%
Nintendrone 13 6.57%
Nintendovahkiin 55 27.78%
Nintend'oh! 63 31.82%
Total: 198 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I didn't like the shooting in Uncharted 4, the weird combination of crosshair bloom + wiggly middle of crosshair + camera shake felt really hard to handle. I don't understand why the dot thing at the center of the crosshair moves independently from the rest of the crosshair, who made that decision and how fast can I get them reassigned to worse video game series'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

chumbler posted:

Name your cat dota2.

its really good ya

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CJacobs posted:

I didn't like the shooting in Uncharted 4, the weird combination of crosshair bloom + wiggly middle of crosshair + camera shake felt really hard to handle. I don't understand why the dot thing at the center of the crosshair moves independently from the rest of the crosshair, who made that decision and how fast can I get them reassigned to worse video game series'

I played uc4 legit with no lock on so im treating myself to lock on in the dlc just to keep it light and breezy.

Had to turn it off a few times as some side content is not completable with it on but it saves a lot of frustration otherwise

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
in UC4 it's also possible to stealth or skip like 9/10 combat encounters. run and gun and melee are also strong options.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I really like new Sanic but it sucks that the controls are still rear end when you're not in "gotta go fast" mode. The momentum thing is so annoying when you're trying to line up a jump or hit an enemy and end up losing all your rings because you skittered too far in one direction.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I'm sure that Uncharted dlc looks fine when you're playing it but the constant youtube ads just make it look like a sub par cgi movie.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Can you even call yourself a gamer if your cat isn't jet black and wears a red scarf?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was all ready to say AC0 is the perfect AC game because it had a bunch of short missions with branching paths and a cool setting and then I got to a classic 30 Minute Score Attack and i think I need to take a break from AC for a while.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
For a minute I was confused because I thought you were planning Assassin's Creed Origin

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

glam rock hamhock posted:

For a minute I was confused because I thought you were planning Assassin's Creed Origin

I'd rather eat the rotten rear end in a top hat of a roadkill skunk and drown it with beer than play an Assassin's Creed game

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

I'd rather eat the rotten rear end in a top hat of a roadkill skunk and drown it with beer than play an Assassin's Creed game

Same but buffalo diarrhea

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Indivisible is getting a new demo next month for backers. I'm curious to see how far along they are with all the party member animations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
a preponderance of the mainline Assassin's Creed games have been good; therefore, Assassin's Creed is... good?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

The Colonel posted:

i played fear 1 this year and it's the best monolith fps even though it's writing is hilariously hot garbage. is fear 2 that bad outside of its really really awful ending

yeah, because all the things you like about fear 1 are made lovely in fear 2. play the weird expansion packs instead, they're stupid but at least they still have SHOTGUN

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Splatoon 2 is a G4F5 for me.

BOTW is a G5F2

I don't know if I'm using the VideoGames system correctly but that feels right.

Ace Combat 7, definitely a G5F5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wFGK7me8uM

gently caress yes i'm so hype

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The shotgun in FEAR2 is so bad it's a crime

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Despite the fact I have Uncharted to play, I've been playing Disney Afternoon Collection all night. Beat Darkwing Duck properly because I never beat it and it's the unofficial other NES MegaMan game. Now I'm going through the rest and using rewind when I feel like it to beat these fun but already easy games.

Hot take: the DuckTales Transylvania music is better than the Moon music

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

glam rock hamhock posted:

Hot take: the DuckTales Transylvania music is better than the Moon music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1TM-4m6TwY

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

precision posted:

a preponderance of the mainline Assassin's Creed games have been good; therefore, Assassin's Creed is... good?

I don't think so, Tim.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I would like to play a cool ancient Egypt game but I do not think Assassin's Creed is that game

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Help Im Alive posted:

I would like to play a cool Egypt game but I do not think Assassin's Creed is that game

Serious Sam (the original)

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Help Im Alive posted:

I would like to play a cool ancient Egypt game but I do not think Assassin's Creed is that game

immortal redneck looks really fun

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

a tale in the desert, is one of the better mmos. or was, idk what its like now

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
hahaha there's a free update for Crypt of the NecroDancer that lets you play as Dangan Ronpa characters

i didn't know i wanted it, but i'll take it!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i like some of the assassins creed games and with that in mind, please please do not buy assassins creed games at launch. give it a month at least for reviews to settle. it's one of the most inconsistent video game series i can think of

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Holy gently caress I can't wait to play Monster Hunter World and slowly disappear from the actual world.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

precision posted:

hahaha there's a free update for Crypt of the NecroDancer that lets you play as Dangan Ronpa characters

Do they have cool gimmicks? For that matter, do they have new gimmicks at all or are they just reskins?

I love Necrodancer and I'll go to bat for it any day but it has basically two characters who are fun to play, the pacifist character who's okay and a roguelike staple, and then 10 different shades of "we made this character with impossibly difficult restrictions for masochists to prove how hard they are."

Which is fine, nobody comes to the genre without a little bit of masochism, but it'd be nice to have characters who get new toys to play with instead of just restrictions.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Help Im Alive posted:

I picked up Predynastic Egypt in the last Steam sale and it was interesting enough of a board game-thing to run through a couple times

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Aug 23, 2017

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

precision posted:

I mentioned this already but people were too concentrated on talking about Unreal Tournament or cover shooters or something.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Do they have cool gimmicks? For that matter, do they have new gimmicks at all or are they just reskins?

Looks like they're just reskins.

quote:

We have also teamed up with our friends at Spike Chunsoft to bring you another new OST and new playable character skins! You can now use the "Change Sountrack" feature to change to the Danganronpa OST for zones 1 through 4! Additionally, you can use the all new "Change Skin" option to swap any character's sprite with a Spike Chunsoft character! Here's the list:
• Monokuma
• Monomi
• Chiaki Nanami
• Junko Enoshima
• Hinata Hajime
• Makoto Naegi
• Asuka
• and Shiren the Wanderer

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
yeah they're just reskins, but you also get two new free soundtracks (DR and some other one)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ok I went back and tried that AC Zero mission again and they did the sensible thing of once you hit the score requirement the mission is over so it's actually only a 10 minute mission. Thank you Namco

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I have to much poo poo to play so I'm going to play something I've already played!

FFX collection, FFXII or FFXIII.

Can't decide...help me

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Norns posted:

I have to much poo poo to play so I'm going to play something I've already played!

Can't decide...help me
FFX and FFX-2 are both better FFXII and FFXIII IMO.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Propaganda Hour posted:

Holy gently caress I can't wait to play Monster Hunter World and slowly disappear from the actual world.

That one's getting a PC release, right? I'm looking forward to it, but I kind of expect I will keep wishing it was Toukiden.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Raxivace posted:

FFX and FFX-2 are both better FFXII and FFXIII IMO.

X-2 > XIII > XII >X

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

chumbler posted:

That one's getting a PC release, right? I'm looking forward to it, but I kind of expect I will keep wishing it was Toukiden.

Yep! Xbone and PS4 first. PC at some undermined time later

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Also I picked up Shadow Tactics, and it's fantastic. I had one small moment of frustration with the game getting stuck and refusing to let me do a downward jumping kill after I used the non-lethal attack, but it hasn't recurred, and otherwise it's exactly what I thought and hoped it would be.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Norns posted:

Can't decide...help me

Lightning Returns and X-2, skip the rest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

ain't that dadgum ronpaul just phoenix wright ace attorney but with highschool teens what wanna gently caress and murder each other so it's "dark and edgy"

• Locked thread