Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Two matches in a row the Bad Guys got the tower to 1 and we came back for a knockout. I don't think luck skill like that can hold up for long...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
When will the new Salmon Run map be available?

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Internet Kraken posted:

When will the new Salmon Run map be available?
Tomorrow after updating. When it shows up in the online rotation is another question. Likely very soon though.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Going back to joycons after using Pro controller since launch is weird. The stick feels so far away from the face buttons and my accuracy has definitely taken a hit, but I'm a degenerate bucket boy so this never mattered :getin:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I wonder what the practical effect of those charge time decreases are.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Can't wait for my Carbon Roller to be buffed

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Reached S rank in my first mode...wish me luck

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

tap my mountain posted:

Pearl goes all in on Rabbids and Marina shares ironic minion memes

So Rabbids v Minions splatfest, right?

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

How does ordering gear from someone on your friends list work? Do you just play a private game with them and order from the lobby after?

Related: did anyone get the Ink Saver (Sub) Blue & Black Squidkid IV Enperry shoes that were on splatnet a few days ago? I missed out on them, and there aren't many inksaver sub shoes in the game.

https://twitter.com/SplatNetStore/status/898575487714287616

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Splatoon DLC would be Perfect for the Switch... game Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dad Jokes posted:

How does ordering gear from someone on your friends list work? Do you just play a private game with them and order from the lobby after?

Related: did anyone get the Ink Saver (Sub) Blue & Black Squidkid IV Enperry shoes that were on splatnet a few days ago? I missed out on them, and there aren't many inksaver sub shoes in the game.

It doesn't need to be a private game, if you play a game with them and then pop out to inkopolis square you can order the gear off them.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

throw to first drat IT posted:

Sometimes I play Turf War because Salmon Run isn't available. I think Profreshional should be made a little bit easier and new rank added above it. As it stands now, I feel like the difficulty jump is a bit too high, which results in some people raising to Profresh, being clearly over their head and dropping fast back to whatever it was.
I wish Nintendo would release usage stats at some point like Blizzard/Riot has done couple times.

Also, Inklings are really filthy.

What does the local youth have to say about this?

Ok, thank you.

I love everything about this

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I somewhat shockingly got to S Rank Rainmaker cause well I'm not great at it. I started playing the annoying jet/pro long range thing and climbed right into S where I discovered nearly everyone else was doing the same thing. In As I was the rare one with a bunch of buckets or areosprays etc and suddenly there was chargers splattlings and other annoying jet/pro people and the rare sucker trying to navigate it all with a brush or roller.

I'm very surprised.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Splatoon DLC would be Perfect for the Switch... game Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle

LET 👏 RABBIDS 👏 USE 👏 ROLLERS

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

is there a niche for the L-3 Nozzlenose or is it just bad? i think it's the weapon i've seen the least.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tales of Woe posted:

is there a niche for the L-3 Nozzlenose or is it just bad? i think it's the weapon i've seen the least.

I think Ive gotten killed by it once in like 100 hours so I think it just sucks. I know personally I couldn't ever gel with it

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Pretty sure the clash blaster is the king of terrible guns.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Dr. Fetus posted:

Yeah, if whatever rewrites the localizers had in mind would have clashed with whatever the original writers had planned for later, you bet the localizers would have been warned about that in this day and age. Also, Splatoon was released worldwide, so there's pretty much no way the teams weren't working with each other in some way.

Ignore pretty much everyone who whines about the Splatoon 2 localization.

There have been bad localizations, Nintendo has produced bad localizations. Splatoon 2 isn't one of them. I suppose if people were expecting "everyone reads/sounds like they don't really understand how to speak the language we're translating for" or basically the average anime bespoke handcrafted fansubs out there, then yes it must be terrible.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Internet Kraken posted:

Pretty sure the clash blaster is the king of terrible guns.

The Dynamo Roller exists.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Did the new update balance anything or is it just for the new stages?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Astroniomix posted:

The Dynamo Roller exists.

Yeah, that thing got way overnerfed.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Did the new update balance anything or is it just for the new stages?

It's not out yet, but here's a list of upcoming changes. Overall, not many nerfs, mostly buffs for weapons. Some changes to Salmon Run as well.

giffan
Jul 10, 2012
The localization is fine on its own. It sucks if taken as an attempt at an honest translation though, and in my opinion, what we got is way too similar to Callie and Marie's banter.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Dr. Fetus posted:

It's not out yet, but here's a list of upcoming changes. Overall, not many nerfs, mostly buffs for weapons. Some changes to Salmon Run as well.

I just downloaded a patch. It's out now.

No changes for tri-slosher.:lol:

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Aug 23, 2017

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

I just downloaded a patch. It's out now.

No changes for tri-slosher.:lol:

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/899913818205167620

Google translate says:

quote:

[INFORMATION] In this time, we will make adjustments intended to improve the usability of some main weapons that we had foretold. Next time, we plan to deliver adjustments centered on performance changes of some special weapons and some main weapons in early September.

They mainly focused on buffing weaker weapons in this patch. A more general balance patch is coming out in September. The Tri-Slosher will probably be hit then if it still proves to be a big problem.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

fivegears4reverse posted:

Ignore pretty much everyone who whines about the Splatoon 2 localization.

There have been bad localizations, Nintendo has produced bad localizations. Splatoon 2 isn't one of them. I suppose if people were expecting "everyone reads/sounds like they don't really understand how to speak the language we're translating for" or basically the average anime bespoke handcrafted fansubs out there, then yes it must be terrible.

- There are multiple sentences that just flat out make no loving sense, like the one where someone disconnects in ranked - "there haven't been many players for some time now so the rank meter won't change" - what the gently caress is that?

- There are grammatically correct sentences that don't convey the correct information about how the game works - for instance, the help text for respawn punisher inaccurately states that it punishes people who splat you, rather than the other way around.

I don't remember there being problems like that in Mario and Zelda games past NES era...

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bruegels Fuckbooks posted:

- There are multiple sentences that just flat out make no loving sense, like the one where someone disconnects in ranked - "there haven't been many players for some time now so the rank meter won't change" - what the gently caress is that?

- There are grammatically correct sentences that don't convey the correct information about how the game works - for instance, the help text for respawn punisher inaccurately states that it punishes people who splat you, rather than the other way around.

I don't remember there being problems like that in Mario and Zelda games past NES era...

The first one is pretty obvious; there aren't many players on right now, so they aren't gonna punish you for getting your poo poo kicked in by the same handful of players repeatedly.

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The first one is pretty obvious; there aren't many players on right now, so they aren't gonna punish you for getting your poo poo kicked in by the same handful of players repeatedly.

but

that's not what it actually means

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Uhh, that message just means that if someone on your team happened to disconnect early enough, the match doesn't count against you. Not whatever the heck you just spouted out.

Also the instances of the ranked meter cracking when that popped up was actually the result of a glitch, not a mistranslation.

As for the 2nd one, I have to wonder if the Japanese version says something similar as well. The game itself isn't that great at providing detailed info like that.

At any rate, I wouldn't say that this localization is nearly as bad as Fire Emblem Fates was. Now that was an awful localization effort.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dr. Fetus posted:

Uhh, that message just means that if someone on your team happened to disconnect early enough, the match doesn't count against you. Not whatever the heck you just spouted out.

Also the instances of the ranked meter cracking when that popped up was actually the result of a glitch, not a mistranslation.

As for the 2nd one, I have to wonder if the Japanese version says something similar as well. The game itself isn't that great at providing detailed info like that.

At any rate, I wouldn't say that this localization is nearly as bad as Fire Emblem Fates was. Now that was an awful localization effort.

Huh. I swear blind I've seen it pop with a full team on both sides :psyduck:.

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

i bought a nice toni kensa shirt with respawn punisher from annie's shop, then i read the description and was like 'wow what use is that' and overwrote it with another shirt

if i had known what it actually meant i wouldve kept it :<<<<

Owers
Nov 13, 2004

I want to be lean and mean.

Bruegels Fuckbooks posted:

I had no problem interpreting the first one when I first saw it, even despite the awkward sentence structure and the fact it only appears for half-second before disappearing. It could definitely be better though. The second one is absolutely wrong and needs to be fixed, but I wouldn't count on that happening. There are a few abilities in Splatoon 1 that were changed in patches, but their descriptions were never updated to reflect those changes, like Bomb Sniffer's defence up.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Tales of Woe posted:

It's actually a very good weapon, you can ink quite a lot of turf with a full tank. The problem is more to do with its semi-automatic nature, where you need to have two direct hits with it. I find lowering the sensitivity helps to counter the twitchiness of the aim.

Also the patch significantly buffs up the Baller special, so with the curling bombs it is quite a nuisance in Turf Wars.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

throw to first drat IT posted:

What does the local youth have to say about this?

Ok, thank you.

"Woomy" isn't a pop idol, damnit!

Wait, is that Garu or Girl, katakana's a pain to code switch.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Smiles posted:

i bought a nice toni kensa shirt with respawn punisher from annie's shop, then i read the description and was like 'wow what use is that' and overwrote it with another shirt

if i had known what it actually meant i wouldve kept it :<<<<

Smiles help me out here, what were the old charge times, and what we're they reduced to?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

That cool skull bandanna is up on the app with bomb defense as the perk. IIRC, one main and two sub bomb defense perks let you eat any bomb without dying. I think this also extends to Ink Jet direct hits, but we all know how often that's a threat. Once I get one more sub bomb defense perk on my gear, I'll let an Autobomb crawl up my rear end and report back.

enojy fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Aug 23, 2017

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I don't regret buying this but I didn't do my research and I was really hoping for local split-screen. I was sorely disappointed. Game is still good though, I wonder how long it'll be till I get any good at it.

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Smiles help me out here, what were the old charge times, and what we're they reduced to?

i tested this unscientistically in the firing range, it seems a splatterscope full charge has gone from 1.10 seconds to 1.00????

id take it out on the field but port mackerels in the rotation X(

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Gameplay of the new Salmon Run stage showing up in ten minutes time at Nintendo's Gamescom stream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzTSa0P58eY

RoboFrance_29
Jul 15, 2010

GET EQUIPPED

Dr. Fetus posted:

quote:

Flyfish can now be defeated by using a Splashdown special on their launchers.

Nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyswagoras
Oct 4, 2013

Dad Jokes posted:

I have those shoes, but I don't know my next predictable play time. I'll post my friend code when I get the chance.

Pyswagoras fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Aug 23, 2017