Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
It's aces on Gilgamesh, or any other character who both generates and uses crit stars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Question about card chains as per this info. 1) All of the % bonuses are additive with each other right? 2) What's the damage bonus for a Buster Chain (since that doesn't seem to be listed)?

All of the bonuses there are additive with each other other, but they're multiplied by other bonuses like attack up or card effectiveness up. Buster chain bonus damage is a flat 20% of the servants base attack score, no modifiers whatsoever.

You can see the full calculation here.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

NRVNQSR posted:

All of the bonuses there are additive with each other other, but they're multiplied by other bonuses like attack up or card effectiveness up. Buster chain bonus damage is a flat 20% of the servants base attack score, no modifiers whatsoever.

You can see the full calculation here.

That's some good info, I didn't realize it was a flat damage add. I guess practically speaking it sounds like the usefulness of it gets relatively much lower the more buffs you are stacking.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Finally got a heart.

Maybe I'll go grind the 10AP next...

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

That's some good info, I didn't realize it was a flat damage add. I guess practically speaking it sounds like the usefulness of it gets relatively much lower the more buffs you are stacking.

Yep, but of course it also ignores defence.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

I've been kind of wanting to ask about some of the more complicated events like Halloween and GUDAGUDA but figured it'd be better to wait until they got announced. Since they seem so much more complex and rely on a multitude of factors and numerous CEs, my first impression was that they'd be events where you kind of just have to pick your battles and what handful of shop items you actually feel you need to get.
the fact that they have multiple CEs and multiple drop items mean that the drop rates are much, much higher.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Managed to get my account back but still stuck in a Can't Connect loop. Gonna see if it resolves itself after the event. If not, is there a way to go about getting a refund for purchases from Apple? Kinda bullshit I can't play it and the only response from support is "sorry we don't know"

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

George does look good, I might try leveling him up. I don't really understand what makes HC Anderson so good though.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

MotU posted:

Managed to get my account back but still stuck in a Can't Connect loop. Gonna see if it resolves itself after the event. If not, is there a way to go about getting a refund for purchases from Apple? Kinda bullshit I can't play it and the only response from support is "sorry we don't know"

Maybe try an emulator or different device and see if that works?

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

George does look good, I might try leveling him up. I don't really understand what makes HC Anderson so good though.

His NP has great buffs and is pretty spammable on an Arts team.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Pureauthor posted:

How to make Sumanai good:

1) Turn Disengage into Armor of Fafnir, which gives a Heal, DMG Cut, DEF Up and Taunt [3 Turns].

Boom.

I'd put the taint on Golden Rule which also gets upgraded to Das Rheingold and improved NP gen.
Aside from that, agreed.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

MotU posted:

Does it actually say Can't Connect or does it get stuck on the little Fou animation? I'm sure you've tried power cycling your router and all that junk, but have you tried using your phone's internet just to connect, then switching back to Wi-Fi after getting in?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

his np is spammable and gives good buffs that stack, he synergizes perfectly with crit-based characters due to his stargen skill and his crit damage up skill.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
https://twitter.com/omochiball/status/900044368710520832
This just popped up on my Twitter feed and is the best vid I've seen in a while. Just wanted to share.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
I've done all that and yes, it gives the can't connect prompt. I also can't use it on another device since customer service refuses to give me another transfer code to switch devices ( I can't get into the game *at all* to get another code )

It gave me the prompt after Episode 3 completion and hasn't worked since so I'm hoping it's the event but customer service already fixed my transfer code once and won't do it again

Like I've spent a couple hundred since I always dolphin on mobiles I enjoy but they can't be assed to give me a 2nd transfer code so w/e

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it's weird that na customer service won't give you a second code, jp customer service gave me like four codes on my old account

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
They told me to log in and get a new one b/c they won't give me 2 in a row which I guess is an arbitrary rule for them and when told I couldn't log in and did all the things suggested they said "try it on another device :downs: "

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

MotU posted:

They told me to log in and get a new one b/c they won't give me 2 in a row which I guess is an arbitrary rule for them and when told I couldn't log in and did all the things suggested they said "try it on another device :downs: "

That sucks. You really should keep explaining to them what's happening, and mention how you can't try it on a new device without another code. Maybe you could tweet at the NA people and see if that gives enough visibility for someone higher in the CS chain to actually help?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i know >reddit but you should try posting it on there because it seems to be the place the na people get most of their info from + at the very least other people would know about how weird na support is ahead of time

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Endorph posted:

i know >reddit but you should try posting it on there because it seems to be the place the na people get most of their info from + at the very least other people would know about how weird na support is ahead of time

i posted on reddit and was told "have you tried googling NA customer support" when I asked what I should do. Mainly just waiting for the event to end since I think it was an error with one of the quest results that caused it but I'm pretty pissed with everything involved really. Luckily I didn't need many of those pieces at the current moment anyways!!!

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007

SpaceDrake posted:

There is no small amount of suspicion that Part 2 proper, starting next year, will introduce fifth ascensions and above in some fashion.

Also, it amuses me that, when we finally see Nero with her trademark bun down, she basically turns into Blonde Estelle Bright. Amuses me for, y'know, Some Reason™.

... For real tho, I'm not the only one who sees it, right

Well, Arco Wada, the character designer for Fate/Extra, or the de facto artist for Nero, already drew Estelle Bright before.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Apparently my last email to customer support was enough for my game to suddenly start working again. I got 20 hours: is there anything I should 100% deffo get from this event before time expires outside of the Monuments/Pieces?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

MotU posted:

Apparently my last email to customer support was enough for my game to suddenly start working again. I got 20 hours: is there anything I should 100% deffo get from this event before time expires outside of the Monuments/Pieces?

a few extra Fous I guess

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
my 5 main dudes are about Fou max'd but maybe I'll stockpile some

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009
I managed to get lucky during the drops with two Moonlight Fests. I managed to clear out all of the statues/monuments, half the Fous, and two more CEs. I'll definitely be able to clear out the whole store next year. I'm beginning to sense a theme with this game. I would get lovely luck in the gacha but somehow the drops will give me a few of the rare things. v:shobon:v

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I've been super :effort: about both servers lately. I think for US I might just buy a Jeanne Alter account when she's released.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I've now received enough Caster Gems instead of Hearts that if it had been the opposite, I'd essentially be done farming Hearts. So that's cool.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Another con event from the 22nd to the 25th coming up. So we should be hearing about Orekanos soon.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

I got everything in the shop except the 5k CE. If I had bothered sticking with the 5 AP throughout the whole thing, I'm pretty sure I could have gotten the last shop CE too, but without any CE drops to max limit break it, I saw no point in going that far.

Definitely hoping for an Okeanos announcement, because then I can farm Serpent Jewels to get Orion her third ascension. (Also because I seriously just want some more story.)

That's when Drake becomes available too, right? I remember liking her in Extra, so I wouldn't mind rolling for her if she's any good.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I know MonsieurChoc whaled for Drake a bit but she looks like another AOE NP 5* which is hard to get excited about. Cool design though.

That said I was kind of planning on rolling during Okeanos with the hope of getting Euryale and David as close to NP5 as possible, as they seem to be good servants to hang onto prior to Camelot.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Sophism posted:

I got everything in the shop except the 5k CE. If I had bothered sticking with the 5 AP throughout the whole thing, I'm pretty sure I could have gotten the last shop CE too, but without any CE drops to max limit break it, I saw no point in going that far.

Definitely hoping for an Okeanos announcement, because then I can farm Serpent Jewels to get Orion her third ascension. (Also because I seriously just want some more story.)

That's when Drake becomes available too, right? I remember liking her in Extra, so I wouldn't mind rolling for her if she's any good.

Drake is a crazy good crit machine and is just all around great. Honestly almost all of the 5 star riders are amazing.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Drake is bonkers yes, that NP is good as hell along with her Q card.

oath2order
Oct 12, 2013

It's MAGIC. I don't have to explain shit!

Also, we're not exactly lousy with high quality riders at this stage in the game.

Though its not as dire as lancers, where I'm pretty sure the best in class is a 3*

oath2order fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Aug 23, 2017

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I hope Scathach is good, she seems cool.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Drake in your ALL slot will net you tonnes of FP from people farming Doors, so there's that.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Nate RFB posted:

I know MonsieurChoc whaled for Drake a bit but she looks like another AOE NP 5* which is hard to get excited about. Cool design though.

That said I was kind of planning on rolling during Okeanos with the hope of getting Euryale and David as close to NP5 as possible, as they seem to be good servants to hang onto prior to Camelot.

I just really like her.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

I hope Scathach is good, she seems cool.

Scathach will be the best Lancer for a very long time until Merlin makes Buster-based Lancers shoot way up in usefulness.

Sciencegar
Dec 21, 2013

I'm afraid its because of Super-Science.

Regular-Ass Science is innocent.
I'm at 2000 dangos and change, even after getting all the monuments. I'm divided on whether to spend all the remaining time on 5AP, to maybe get the 2K CE as well as all the Fous, or the 10AP to balance the dango gain with the prospect of Fangs, or the 30AP to maybe get another 4 shots at a heart.

I already have the hearts I need for Medea and Herc, I know I'll need more later, but they're not as huge a priority. Fangs could be useful for ascending Lily, I don't much like her performance but my only other decent saber is Sumanai, so I'm not in a rush to invest in him, either.

My minimum purchase is all the Fou Cards, permanent stat boosts for favored waifus and husbandos are how I intend to play this game to the hilt.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

oath2order posted:

Also, we're not exactly lousy with high quality riders at this stage in the game.

Though its not as dire as lancers, where I'm pretty sure the best in class is a 3*

even in jp fgo f/sn cu is probably in the top 5 lancers in the game. dude's just crazy good

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
You can always get Dragon Fangs in Thiers, farming Hearts is all but impossible outside of this event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

You can always get Dragon Fangs in Thiers, farming Hearts is all but impossible outside of this event.

Yes, but consider:

Farming Hearts is all but impossible inside this event as well.