Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

RBA Starblade posted:

This is for the 360, but I went back through my download history to grab a few things I wanted to replay, and I noticed it was light. Super light. Missing half the things I ever had light. Is it just pulling things out of the list or what? I know for a fact I've played Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light but my download history says I never bought it.

e: Also since I got around to playing it Fable Anniversary is loving awful
Did somebody else buy digital games on your 360? If they bought them on your console you'd have been able to play them with your account even though they're not yours. Almost like the "primary console" thing of this gen but not quite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

quote:

Did somebody else buy digital games on your 360? If they bought them on your console you'd have been able to play them with your account even though they're not yours. Almost like the "primary console" thing of this gen but not quite.

Might be that and I simply didn't remember then. Though I thought I was the only one on the console for some of these like Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light.

On the plus side, I still have Yaris.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

limaCAT posted:

Wait for Shadow Puppet to come back in games to make people angry just by posting pictures of unsold day one borpio pallets

He ate too many cheesesteaks and had to molt into a large insectoid form that most retailers wouldn't welcome into their stores so he'll have to just lift gis pictures this time around

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

So my Xbox is connected to Live, I'm in a party, but games won't connect to their servers. I checked my Gold subscription and it's good through November. I've tried hard resetting Xbox.

I've tried Titanfall 2 and Rocket League, both launch but won't connect to the service. I've tested my network connection in the settings menu and everything comes up good.

Hell, I checked my email for emails from Microsoft in case there was treachery involved. Anyone have a clue?

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.

Beastie posted:

So my Xbox is connected to Live, I'm in a party, but games won't connect to their servers. I checked my Gold subscription and it's good through November. I've tried hard resetting Xbox.

I've tried Titanfall 2 and Rocket League, both launch but won't connect to the service. I've tested my network connection in the settings menu and everything comes up good.

Hell, I checked my email for emails from Microsoft in case there was treachery involved. Anyone have a clue?

I have no idea, where's the closest Microsoft Store to you?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Another toxic gamer removed from the ecosystem.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

It's Live. Happening to my buddies as well.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

They named the dead network system Xbox live?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Live lapsed 24 days ago, no regrets so far.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
It seems weird how long the outage has been going on.

Lmao imagine if this happened on Destiny 2 or CoDWWII launch day

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

It doesn't go down as much as PSN but at this point in my life I get like 5 hours of a week to play games with my Xbros.

I just wanted to play Rocket League before the warden came home, I guess that was too much to ask.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Beastie posted:

It doesn't go down as much as PSN

How prudish

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Chris Christie posted:

and also conceal this frivolous waste of $600+ with taxes from the Mrs.

univbee's absolutely-not-from-personal-experience-I-swear guide to hiding your Bonx purchase from the wife, because pre-ordering a Bonx is THAT embarassing and also grounds for divorce in over 210 countries

This assumes your wife is looking at line items on your CC statement but not TOO closely to know that things are more expensive than usual.

This should work with Amazon, may work with other stores that have gift cards, those may require you manually get a store rep to intervene and apply gift card balances to specific orders.

You got your pre-order? Fantastic! Work out how many weeks until your CC will get charged (usually 7 days before release date or thereabouts, may vary depending on country and store).

Now what you want to do, is sneak the occasional gift card for Amazon or wherever into your normal everyday purchases in places like grocery stores and pharmacies, basically a store where you would normally do purchases and carries gift cards. You add on a $20 or a $50 gift card, once maybe twice a week, you have to math to figure out how long you have until release. In the case of the Bonx, you have about 10 weeks before the "hammer" drops on the CC, which means if you're Canadian (I'm guessing from the $600+tx comment) you need to sneak about $70 worth a week starting now. You need to buy something else with the gift card so the amount doesn't look too clean, like a candy bar so the amount says $51.14 and not $50.00. You may also be able to get away with a lower amount if, say, a $90 charge from Amazon is OK, you have to math and guess to figure out what's going to keep you out of divorce court (short answer: nothing will).

If your wife is definitely going to notice groceries are $300 higher than normal you'll have to spin other lies, which you should have experience with. Buy expired stuff at a discount and pretend it's prime grade stuff. gently caress it, I don't know, my wife loves me and I don't have to lie to her. No, really, she does. Shut up.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

univbee posted:

univbee's absolutely-not-from-personal-experience-I-swear guide to hiding your Bonx purchase from the wife, because pre-ordering a Bonx is THAT embarassing and also grounds for divorce in over 210 countries

This assumes your wife is looking at line items on your CC statement but not TOO closely to know that things are more expensive than usual.

This should work with Amazon, may work with other stores that have gift cards, those may require you manually get a store rep to intervene and apply gift card balances to specific orders.

You got your pre-order? Fantastic! Work out how many weeks until your CC will get charged (usually 7 days before release date or thereabouts, may vary depending on country and store).

Now what you want to do, is sneak the occasional gift card for Amazon or wherever into your normal everyday purchases in places like grocery stores and pharmacies, basically a store where you would normally do purchases and carries gift cards. You add on a $20 or a $50 gift card, once maybe twice a week, you have to math to figure out how long you have until release. In the case of the Bonx, you have about 10 weeks before the "hammer" drops on the CC, which means if you're Canadian (I'm guessing from the $600+tx comment) you need to sneak about $70 worth a week starting now. You need to buy something else with the gift card so the amount doesn't look too clean, like a candy bar so the amount says $51.14 and not $50.00. You may also be able to get away with a lower amount if, say, a $90 charge from Amazon is OK, you have to math and guess to figure out what's going to keep you out of divorce court (short answer: nothing will).

If your wife is definitely going to notice groceries are $300 higher than normal you'll have to spin other lies, which you should have experience with. Buy expired stuff at a discount and pretend it's prime grade stuff. gently caress it, I don't know, my wife loves me and I don't have to lie to her. No, really, she does. Shut up.

Why not just switch the bank statement to paperless billing for your email address only and change your email password?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Why not just switch the bank statement to paperless billing for your email address only and change your email password?

Because THAT HARPY will know something's up. God, it's like you've never had to lie to your loved ones or something. :mrapig:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

univbee posted:

Because THAT HARPY will know something's up. God, it's like you've never had to lie to your loved ones or something. :mrapig:

You gotta be a magician and misdirect. Spend months throwing cans in the garbage until she notices and makes a recycling comment then BAM eco friendly e-statements

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

You gotta be a magician and misdirect. Spend months throwing cans in the garbage until she notices and makes a recycling comment then BAM eco friendly e-statements

For eco-friendliness I also recommend dimming your gas-powered lamps gradually. To maintain the surprise, deny this is happening and insist the light is fine every time your wife brings it up.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
I purchased 22 stamped postcards at the post office yesterday and spent an hour addressing and handwriting information so I could get codes for the Taco Bell Xbox One X Every 10 Minutes game.

I hope I win :D

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Games with Gold for September (ehhhhhhhh, I think I own them all):

Xbone:

Forza Motorsport 5: Racing Game of the Year Edition
Oxenfree

360:

Hydro Thunder Hurricane
Battlefield 3

https://majornelson.com/2017/08/24/xbox-live-games-with-gold-for-september-2017/

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Awesome, I'm probably going to download this. I didn't know this existed, loved original Hydro Thunder, and have a huge soft spot for niche racers. I've fired up Wipeout HD in the last month.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Holy poo poo they actually made a Forza Motorsport the GwG in the leadup to releasing a new one. Granted, it's The Wrong Forza, but still.

I think a lot of not-Forza-havers will be like "I'm good with this one."

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oxenfree is good

TenTwelveTwelve
Oct 12, 2012
Ill play Oxenfree.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

Oxenfree is good

Ya

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

If I have to make a choice between having a wife or playing Homefront: The Revolution in 4K then I guess im sleeping on the couch in my living room (that's where the Xbox will be)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I also would risk my marriage for the worst major game of 2016

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

I just bought Oxenfree goddamnit. I guess that had to happen eventually.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Got myself a Scorpio off the Amazon preorder. Going to be taking like $75 out of my paychecks until November.

4k Tv by February during the Superbowl sales.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Akuma posted:

I just bought Oxenfree goddamnit. I guess that had to happen eventually.

Me owning 2 physical copies of Bayonetta got it added last time so it was worth doing. (The reason why I had them was pretty good).

BigSexyWitGlasses
Nov 1, 2009

I just picked up Forza Horizon 3, hopefully the hype is real my bros

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Horizon 1 is still the best imho

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Horizon: Zero Dawn is the best, actually.

TenTwelveTwelve
Oct 12, 2012
An outcast who will win the respect of her people once she wins the big race.

Or a maximum overdrive game where there are herds of roaming cars to destroy and override.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Empress Brosephine posted:

Horizon 1 is still the best imho

Truth. I'm glad they made it BC a month before delisting it.

BigSexyWitGlasses
Nov 1, 2009

It's me, I'm the idiot who continually drives on the wrong side of the road in Horizon 3 because it takes place in loving Australia. Good fun so far though. I'm definitely not a car enthusiast by any means but the environment, straightforward controls, and diverse tracks make it really enjoyable so far. I guess with 5 being on GWG and 7 coming out in a couple months I'll have all the car action I can handle, boys.

:newt:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

path of exile came out today on your filthy console

BigSexyWitGlasses
Nov 1, 2009

I may play on a garbage console but I do not entertain F2P rubbish. Haha just kidding I'll have to check it out because God knows I don't have anything else to play on this dreadful machine.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Path of Exile is a fantastic ARPG and the only paid items are cosmetic. You get a fuckton of content to play for free. It is really deep but a lot slower than Diablo 3.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Awesome! posted:

path of exile came out today on your filthy console

I spent 15 minutes trying to find a name that wasn't stupid, taken, and didn't run afoul of their not-specified-anywhere 'restrictions' and then gave up. Character creation screen is a hard boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

doingitwrong posted:

I spent 15 minutes trying to find a name that wasn't stupid, taken, and didn't run afoul of their not-specified-anywhere 'restrictions' and then gave up. Character creation screen is a hard boss.

post/name combo?