Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Tension reaches a snapping point, and the Sunset Limited loses another passenger. You uneasily meet each other's eyes. Is it over?

You receive no answer, as the train continues inexorably on to its destination, picking up speed once more.

:cheers: Hal Incandenza is lynched and can no longer post! Deadline is extended by 18 hours, making Votefinder a liar. Deadlines will continue to shorten from here on out! :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:beerpal: Votecount for Day 5 :beerpal:

Not Voting (9): Asiina, Bifauxnen, Birdstrike, Eight Dollars, gif Probst, Jeabus Mahogany, Mayor Glowku, Mithross, The Lord of Hats :rubshands:

With 9 people still alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.
The current deadline is August 24th, 2017 at 1 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 4 hours.

The Sunset Limited is speeding along the tracks as the world whirls by. Today's lynch method is Limited Lights Out!

Limited Lights Out Rules: When a lynch takes place, the person lynched will no longer be able to post. If there are less than 24 hours left in the day, the deadline will be extended by up to 18 hours, votes will be reset, and the thread will be able to lynch a second time. A second lynch will end the day, and a majority vote of No Lynch will also end the day early. All flips will be posted at the end of the day!

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:
I can't believe I forgot to Gary

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Hey Glowku, did you get the benefit from the Barbershop?

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

The Lord of Hats posted:

Hey Glowku, did you get the benefit from the Barbershop?

I dunno, did I? Why are you asking? WHO WANTS TO KNOW?!?!

Yes I did. I wanted to keep it out of the hands of scum and have no intention of using it unless we absolutely need it to hammer

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

I could have used it on Hal but I decided a public vote would be better.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Well, short of Asiina showing up and counterclaiming, I believe that's got you confirmed as town, so congrats.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
##vote Podima

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
Right now out of the people left I'd ##vote Eight Dollars

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Right now out of the people left I'd ##vote Eight Dollars

no goddamnit we need to win together

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Birdstrike posted:

no goddamnit we need to win together

So you're saying I should vote you? That's what your vote counted as

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

So you're saying I should vote you? That's what your vote counted as

:supaburn: skwnejcjskwmxkd

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
##vote 8bux

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

if we dunk Hal first and he is the last scum, wouldn't we be winning with Podima? :)

Don't even joke about this.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'll vote for 8bux, but Glowku should prove his double vote ability, even if he removes it afterwards.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm heading out for a bit

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames
Guys it's literally not me due to night actions so :mad:

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Like I said before there's three scummy things that happened N3:

1. TMM Masonry
2. Quid kill
3. Power absorption on Jeabus

We know TMM did the masonry so that takes one of the actions out of the picture. That leaves the last two, one of which Somber did and one that is still a mystery action. I literally couldn't have done either of the two since Sandwolf tracked me to TMM.

Also I'm willing to claim my role, but I'd rather claim after a night when I can prove what I do first thing in the day.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Has MIthross roleclaimed? They're the only person left that I don't really feel solid about, but I'm not sure if I'm missing something.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Sandwolf said that Mithross was a shinecop (rolecop-thing?)

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hm. That is fairly alignment-neutral, so there's that.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asiina posted:

Don't even joke about this.

That's not a joke that's sucking up to the boss!

Anyway...

8bux, you should not be so cagey about your role, we have no reason to just assume that you doing something to TMM before was pro-town. You could have been granting him that lunchbomb ability, for instance.

I think you should claim.

##vote 8bux

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Asiina posted:

I'll vote for 8bux, but Glowku should prove his double vote ability, even if he removes it afterwards.

I can do this.

Also yeah just claim, stop trying to scramble for a fake claim.

Adding vote to myself

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Alright then.

I'm a Motion Detector. Basically I can target a person and find out where they mingled. It's not powerful, but it's good if people are lying about their car. TMM went where he said on N3, but I already thought he was scummy anyways.

I got one shine from last night so if y'all don't bonk me I can prove it tomorrow by announcing where one of you went before they traim.

I'm not scum :mad:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Also the way 8bux is trying to "prove" it couldn't be him by rattling off those actions, when we don't know if shine powers are in addition to the NK, or if poison/SK/who knows what was in play, that really rubs me the wrong way. Got bad vibes from the tone of that post.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Eight Dollars posted:

Alright then.

I'm a Motion Detector. Basically I can target a person and find out where they mingled. It's not powerful, but it's good if people are lying about their car. TMM went where he said on N3, but I already thought he was scummy anyways.

I got one shine from last night so if y'all don't bonk me I can prove it tomorrow by announcing where one of you went before they traim.

I'm not scum :mad:

Ok that's better. For now.

##unvote

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Can you verify any other earlier traims?

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

Can you verify any other earlier traims?

Not on anybody alive unfortunately and I was out of shine last night.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Eight Dollars posted:

Not on anybody alive unfortunately and I was out of shine last night.

Still curious though who you thought was worth watching at the time, and if you watched flipped scum, which ones were telling the truth

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Eight Dollars posted:

Sandwolf said that Mithross was a shinecop (rolecop-thing?)

Mithross also proved that he had used that ability on Probst to learn the title of his Shine role.

I don't see scum wasting that action to check someone who'd already claimed doctor on D1.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Sure. Here's my stuff

N1: I detected Lil Mac, chosen mostly at random plus he got really quiet at the end of D1 with no reads. He did go to the Barber Shop like he said.
N2: I tried to detect TMM but failed.
N3: I tried again to detect TMM and succeeded this time. He did go to the Smoking Lounge where he claimed.
N4: I didn't do anything except for go to the Dining Car to try to get a shine.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Ok, now that you don't need to focus on your immediate defense, who else would you like to lunch today 8bux? And if that doesn't end the game, who should we lunch tomorrow?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mayor Glowku posted:

Adding vote to myself

Nice, I can see it now

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

hlowku do the moral thing and use ur second vote how i wanna vote

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

Mithross also proved that he had used that ability on Probst to learn the title of his Shine role.

I don't see scum wasting that action to check someone who'd already claimed doctor on D1.

Yeah if anything scum would be trying to kill the doctor

gif how the hell are you still alive

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

(also hi I'm back)

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Yeah if anything scum would be trying to kill the doctor

gif how the hell are you still alive

I'd be getting paranoid again at this point probably, but looking over Somber's flip, his flavor focused so heavily on protecting the family that a "Guardian Spirit" on top of that sounds a bit much.

I am curious though about your character's background, Probst. Could you paraphrase a bit?

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Just unvoted myself for the record, or at least pmd Podima to do so.

As far as 8bux I'm not so sure I feel strongly either way. Honestly I'm sorta leaning in a very different direction...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Hi I am awake and I'm not really sure where we should go from here.

Also sorry for coasting through the day yesterday but we're doing so well.

• Locked thread