Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Internet Kraken posted:

Pretty sure the clash blaster is the king of terrible guns.

It's better after the patch! I might use it now but I assume the majority will stick with the other blasters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Bruegels Fuckbooks posted:

- There are multiple sentences that just flat out make no loving sense, like the one where someone disconnects in ranked - "there haven't been many players for some time now so the rank meter won't change" - what the gently caress is that?

This one got fixed in the patch last night, I forget what it says now but it makes sense.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

They probably won't nerf Tri-Slosher, they're not that common anymore and a ton of weapons have the range to deter or outright kill them safely.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Nephzinho posted:

They probably won't nerf Tri-Slosher, they're not that common anymore and a ton of weapons have the range to deter or outright kill them safely.

This does not hold up in a rank!

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Check the leaderboards in League at any given time, there's loads of tentatek splattershots and tri-sloshers.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I was disappointed after the balance patch that it was still tentatek/tri-slosher/rapid blaster/octobrush dominating my A rank games

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Dr Cheeto posted:

Check the leaderboards in League at any given time, there's loads of tentatek splattershots and tri-sloshers.

There are 4 tri sloshers and a slosher in the top ten for the most recent bracket. 9 splattershots. From there a healthy mix of pretty much everything but squelchers.

S++ all I see are Splattershots, Rapid Blasters, and various Charger variants.

Nephzinho fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Aug 23, 2017

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Lakbay posted:

I was disappointed after the balance patch that it was still tentatek/tri-slosher/rapid blaster/octobrush dominating my A rank games

yeah these 4 plus the n-zap are consistently the most effective weapons in my games

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Lakbay posted:

Well, yeah. Some weapons just work better in Ranked than in Turf Wars.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I mean I was hoping that people would be more gungho about trying the buffed weapons. I used clash blaster for a bunch of games after the patch

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lakbay posted:

I mean I was hoping that people would be more gungho about trying the buffed weapons. I used clash blaster for a bunch of games after the patch

The patch hasn't happened yet has it?

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
The Dynamo Roller is frustrating to use in Salmon Run but it's important to note that it can roll over cohocks.

Also the pilot of Steel Eels if you can catch them.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

In Training posted:

The patch hasn't happened yet has it?

It happened at midnight last night, the game will force you to update if you try to play online without it

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Smiles posted:

i bought a nice toni kensa shirt with respawn punisher from annie's shop, then i read the description and was like 'wow what use is that' and overwrote it with another shirt

if i had known what it actually meant i wouldve kept it :<<<<

Yeah I'm bummed out I need to find someone wearing the respawn punisher of the shirt now in order to get it. Annie won't sell it to me.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Internet Kraken posted:

Pretty sure the clash blaster is the king of terrible guns.

In Training posted:

I think Ive gotten killed by it once in like 100 hours so I think it just sucks. I know personally I couldn't ever gel with it

I like the L-3 and the Clash Blaster :smith: The (pre-patch) clash actually helped get me up to A+.

The stats on the L-3 are actually really good, it just has the semi-auto as its downside. Its accuracy, range, damage, and rate of fire are all top-notch! You just gotta be able to aim good while firing multiple times, which is easier said than done. It could be argued that at that point you should probably use the Jet Squelcher or the Splattershot Pro, but that kinda argument can be used to disregard quite a lot of guns.

Clash Blaster feels kind of like a pseudo-melee weapon. You get in someone's face from a blind spot then blow them up before they can respond. The Clash blaster is unique in that because it's a blaster, you can hit people from weird angles where you're relatively safe. The Luna Blaster fills a similar niche, but I think the time to kill on the Clash is quicker than the Luna, in exchange for needing better accuracy (cus if any of those shots miss, you're probably not getting the kill). However both Luna and Clash suffer from the fact that the Octobrush and Tri-Slosher fulfill this role really similarly, and are way better at it, but them's the breaks.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Clash is a 3 hit splat now, it was a 4 hit splat pre-patch. (From my experience in A rank TC, I didn't think to test it in the range before jumping in)

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Lakbay posted:

Clash is a 3 hit splat now, it was a 4 hit splat pre-patch. (From my experience in A rank TC, I didn't think to test it in the range before jumping in)

The patch doesn’t say anything about increasing the damage, but increasing the ink coverage might up the damage slightly? At any rate, it does 30 damage for an indirect hit, and 60 damage for a direct hit. This means from full, you need 4 indirect hits, 2 direct hits, or 1 direct hit and 2 indirect hits in order to secure a kill with it.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Damage was not touched, but ink coverage might mean that they increased the explosion radius, which would mean it's easier to get hits with it now.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

What is a roller's job in Turf War & Ranked? The ink consumption on rolling is so high that you can't do it for very long. Are you meant to horizontal flick and create the line where conflict will occur? I'm regularly obtaining about 500pts in Turf, which I know is bad. If I get any higher than that my team usually loses.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

JackDarko posted:

What is a roller's job in Turf War & Ranked? The ink consumption on rolling is so high that you can't do it for very long. Are you meant to horizontal flick and create the line where conflict will occur? I'm regularly obtaining about 500pts in Turf, which I know is bad. If I get any higher than that my team usually loses.

Yeah, flick more and only roll if you have to, for example to get through enemy Ink quickly.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

JackDarko posted:

In turf, you can lay down ink more evenly, more quickly than pretty much any other weapon. You should be painting the backfield at the beginning and focusing on areas where there's not much shooting otherwise. If you do need to fight, you should be stealthing it out and one-shotting people with your flick from the side/behind. The vertical flick can do in a pinch against short ranged weapons, but anyone worth their salt will just use your windup to flank and kill you.

In ranked, you should be adjusting your role based on what's going on. Successful splat zone push? Paint the zone and cover the flanking routes, you can do it fastest. Tower control, shark the enemy team from the sides if you can, or one-shot people on the platform as it passes by. Rainmaker, paint a path for your guy to get into enemy territory after a successful push, or paint over the route to your team so the enemy is forced to stop and repaint.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Don't try to get cute and run over people unless they are very distracted (i.e. in another firefight.) You are very easily countered by the very action of shooting while walking backwards that way. Your flicks are your real attacks to be making use of. If you have the high ground, even the horizontal flicks can be a form of area denial. Also don't underestimate the vertical flick. You have to be more precise with it, but it outranges quite a few selection of weapons. Rollers can clear paths through enemy ink somewhat easily, though Ink consumption is absolutely a concern. If you can, I would heavily recommend using Ink Saver abilities so you can keep rolling for a lot longer.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Alright thank you so much everyone. Playing roller is going to improve my map awareness. I definitely need to be looking at the map often in order to accomplish the tasks that everyone had laid out for someone with a roller.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Also go with the Krak-On roller rather than the regular one. Beakons and the Baller mean you are constantly Rolling everywhere, and even if you die you'll be back where you were quickly if you're smart aobut it.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
https://twitter.com/umi_karashu/status/900379508959723521

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

*spams the ナイス button*

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

In Training posted:

*spams the ナイス button*
nice

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Also for those of you complaining about Marina's NA personality, they toned down her attitude in the update. (And she's confirmed to be an Umbrella main.) Let it be known that Treehouse does listen to complaints.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Not a Children posted:

In turf, you can lay down ink more evenly, more quickly than pretty much any other weapon.

Honestly I hate inking turf with rollers, cause there's a stupid quirk I noticed; if you are pressed up against the wall with a roller, it will glitch out and not ink part of the path. So you have to position yourself perfectly to get proper ink coverage near a wall. Its annoying.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Aug 23, 2017

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Dr. Fetus posted:

Also for those of you complaining about Marina's NA personality, they toned down her attitude in the update. (And she's confirmed to be an Umbrella main.) Let it be known that Treehouse does listen to complaints.
Aww yeah, that's the good poo poo

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Dr. Fetus posted:

I'm going to complain that Marina doesn't sass Pearl constantly anymore

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah I was fine with them just being Callie and Marie again because it makes sense. Every TV personality sounds and acts the same anyway

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

So Pearl and Marina can be on the same team, but we need luck to group with friends~

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

WarpedNaba posted:

"Woomy" isn't a pop idol, damnit!

Wait, is that Garu or Girl, katakana's a pain to code switch.

Probably "Girl"

My lovely translation is something like:
Interview:
“Miss, which [splatfest] side are you choosing?”
“Woomy”
“huh?”
“WOOMY!!”

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

In Training posted:

Yeah I was fine with them just being Callie and Marie again because it makes sense. Every TV personality sounds and acts the same anyway

~*~ but my moe octowaifu ~*~

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

dragon enthusiast posted:

I'm going to complain that Marina doesn't sass Pearl constantly anymore

They toned down her attitude like a smidge. Really it just makes it more obvious it's playful banter now.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Dr Cheeto posted:

Aww yeah, that's the good poo poo

Dr. Fetus posted:

They toned down her attitude like a smidge. Really it just makes it more obvious it's playful banter now.

I love them

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

^burtle posted:

So Pearl and Marina can be on the same team, but we need luck to group with friends~

I love splatting you though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I know some people have speculated that the final splatfest curveball is that pearl and marina are going to support the other but I think it should be another Callie VS Marie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Savage.