Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Chinatown posted:

heres a pro move:

Park car at Costco. Order a piping hot pizza pie over the phone from the foodcourt. Shop. Retrieve pie post shopping.
this is a good costco strat, I do it regularly :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I helped a WW2 Vet find the right size and colors of the plaid flannel shirts he wanted, I'm serving America and eating dogs. Those flannel shirts are really comfy right now for PNW mornings, too. Summer's gone, baby!

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000
For about 20 bucks you can get a pre-packaged treasure trove of carne asada under the Bill Bailey packaging. Please experience this package of extremely marinated flank steak and burn it with every fire you have available to you. I suggest cutting the fucker up with whatever instruments you have available before you burn it to oblivion.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

MisterOblivious posted:

Restaurants source from multiple places and Costco *is* a wholesaler. The guy in front of you with a dozen 25lb bags of rice on an orange cart isn't buying it for home use.
There are Costco locations dedicated just to selling to businesses.

As someone who regularly shops at BOTH Costco and Restaurant Depot, when there are items that are directly comparable, the Costco price is always better. When stuff is on sale at Costco, sometimes drastically cheaper.

The difference is the deeper selection at RD, as well as stuff you would only use in a commercial kitchen.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Squashy Nipples posted:

As someone who regularly shops at BOTH Costco and Restaurant Depot, when there are items that are directly comparable, the Costco price is always better. When stuff is on sale at Costco, sometimes drastically cheaper.

The difference is the deeper selection at RD, as well as stuff you would only use in a commercial kitchen.

And for a lot of those items, go to a Business Costco. They still exist, carry a totally separate stock slated towards small businesses, and are usually pretty slow.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Just want to confirm that I am thinking about those dogs again.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Went to Costco yesterday to pay correct respect during the eclipse. Had a huge dog +soda and a refill. And enjoyed incredibly cheap well made broke brain pills. PBUC

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

treated my family to very berry sundaes, would recommend if you are taking communion

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great

sandball posted:

Buy both and keep the lesser one for mixing when you feel like trash.

I did this

And will enjoy a dozen salmon (onion) bagels over these 2 weeks!

grellgraxer
Nov 28, 2002

"I didn't fight a secret war in Nicaragua so you can walk these streets of freedom bad mouthing lady America, in your damn mirrored su

bloodysabbath posted:

We decided on a last minute trip to Canada and passed not one but two Costcos after the border crossing. Costco extends across all nations, all cultures & creeds. We are all equal in the eyes of value.

A couple weeks ago, I took a train from Madrid to Barcelona. Passed by a Costco in Getafe on the outskirts of Madrid. Apparently this was one of the two Costcos in Spain.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Has anyone seen Atkins brand Lemon Bars at Costco, and if so, is it a good deal to get them there? Asking for a co-worker, and a bunch of crappy, stressful events have kept me from going by to check.

Navin Johnson
Mar 1, 2016

Mo_Steel posted:

Status report: The Co still great, people who don't put their cart in the corral should be fired into the sun. You get gas, a dog, a full cart of deals but can't put your cart back 25 feet away? Think of the good cart wranglers. :(

I have to wrangle carts at my lovely job sometimes. You are a saint sir. I love you.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Shoyu Ramen w/ chicken they have in the frozen section of our Costco is loving great. I pair it with a croissant from the bakery and have a very good time eating them.
Costco switching to the plastic bins vs. plastic wrap cardboard has been aces.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

Garcin posted:

For about 20 bucks you can get a pre-packaged treasure trove of carne asada under the Bill Bailey packaging. Please experience this package of extremely marinated flank steak and burn it with every fire you have available to you. I suggest cutting the fucker up with whatever instruments you have available before you burn it to oblivion.

Never not boil all meat!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

KakerMix posted:

Shoyu Ramen w/ chicken they have in the frozen section of our Costco is loving great.

Nice I was wondering if those were good. Going probably late this week to stock up for my birthday weekend :cheers: so I'll snag that too!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Don't get the Cuisine Adventures frozen ramen soup. It's bad. I literally just threw the rest of mine away yesterday.

Same with some frozen Yakisoba stuff. Terrible.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

grellgraxer posted:

A couple weeks ago, I took a train from Madrid to Barcelona. Passed by a Costco in Getafe on the outskirts of Madrid. Apparently this was one of the two Costcos in Spain.

Yep, that's where their Spain corporate office is. It makes no sense to be in the middle of nowhere, but at least it's so empty you can go shopping and never wait in line. The one in Sevilla is the same way, it was on the outskirts of town and completely deserted.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Chinatown posted:

Nice I was wondering if those were good. Going probably late this week to stock up for my birthday weekend :cheers: so I'll snag that too!

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Don't get the Cuisine Adventures frozen ramen soup. It's bad. I literally just threw the rest of mine away yesterday.

Same with some frozen Yakisoba stuff. Terrible.

Right don't get whatever the hell that stuff is, get this stuff

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Oh now that poo poo looks good. I'll have to look for that next time.

PBUC

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

KakerMix posted:

Right don't get whatever the hell that stuff is, get this stuff

I get this stuff occasionally, it is confirmed awesome.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Navin Johnson posted:

I have to wrangle carts at my lovely job sometimes. You are a saint sir. I love you.

:glomp:

Also I'm thinking about the dog again. What if Costco offered hot corn dogs too?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Thinkin...

Bout...

Dem...

DOGS!

bug chaser chaser
Dec 11, 2006

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Thinkin...

Bout...

Dem...

DOGS!

time to visit the costco and pick up a dog and a rotisserie??

bug chaser chaser
Dec 11, 2006

https://www.costco.com/Kirkland-Signature-Artichoke-Hearts-33-oz.%2C-2-count.product.100334961.html

these are greaAT

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

My friend is at costco right now

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer
I went to the 'stco for lunch today, got gas & took communion but forgot the onions this time so feeling sort of unfulfilled.

Praise be.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
The dogs are being thought about.

Anyone buy eyeglasses from the Co before? Could use a pair or two and looking for a decent price.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

FormatAmerica posted:

I went to the 'stco for lunch today, got gas & took communion but forgot the onions this time so feeling sort of unfulfilled.

Praise be.

It's ok. As a former Catholic, it's just like taking the communion but skipping the wine. No big deal. You're absolved.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Mo_Steel posted:

Anyone buy eyeglasses from the Co before? Could use a pair or two and looking for a decent price.

My fiancé got glasses there and it was a very pleasant and CHEAP experience.

Edit: PBUC

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

FormatAmerica posted:

Praise be.

The onions are fully optional. They perform a similar job to the kraut.

The kraut, however is not optional

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Mo_Steel posted:

I buy my glasses there for very cheap. The brand selection is not as extensive as a specialty store, but since I don't really give a poo poo about what brand of glasses I'm wearing it works for me.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Mo_Steel posted:

They're the cheapest glasses you can get in terms of price. I've always had great service whenever I've needed to get my frames adjusted or new nosepieces as well.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.
Girlfriend got $500 of stuff from Costco for her new apartment. Demanded we get a dog with kraut before shopping. Gave me 10 of the toilet paper rolls since she didn't have enough space. Is she a keeper?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

giving someone toilet paper is a marriage proposal in some cultures

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

The North Tower posted:

Girlfriend got $500 of stuff from Costco for her new apartment. Demanded we get a dog with kraut before shopping. Gave me 10 of the toilet paper rolls since she didn't have enough space. Is she a keeper?

get a bulk pack of rings and put all of them on her

Mo_Steel posted:

I'm wearing some Costco glasses right now, my third pair from the 'co over the course of the last 7ish years. I'm actually gonna go in and get some new ones and get a hookup for some prescription shades too.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
As soon as I run out of the last of the dailies I have I'm going to be switching to Costco brand daily wear contacts. I will give a trip report when I do. :patriot:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

The North Tower posted:

Yes. Did she get a dog too?

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I'm wearing some Costco glasses right now, my third pair from the 'co over the course of the last 7ish years. I'm actually gonna go in and get some new ones and get a hookup for some prescription shades too.

Have been wearing Costco glasses for 14+ years. The same frame for the last 7 or 8. Richard Taylor "Scottsdale" is my gig. Also have 3 rx sunglasses from there.

I'm heading to the UK next week. I'm excited to try the cottage pie and jacket potato with chili in the food court.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Meydey posted:

I'm heading to the UK next week. I'm excited to try the cottage pie and jacket potato with chili in the food court.

Hopefully the chili isn't sugary anymore, I was so disgusted by it that I'm scared to try it again. The inside of the cottage pie is at a temperature roughly equal to the surface of the sun, so be careful. It's 90% potatoes, so it takes forever to cool off even after you cut the top open.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

binge crotching posted:

Hopefully the chili isn't sugary anymore, I was so disgusted by it that I'm scared to try it again. The inside of the cottage pie is at a temperature roughly equal to the surface of the sun, so be careful. It's 90% potatoes, so it takes forever to cool off even after you cut the top open.

I just want to know who the hell puts tuna on a potato. The rest I can understand sorta (cheese, baked beans (?), coleslaw). Maybe I should just stick with cheese. As for pie temp, I have eaten Hot Pockets before. The skin on the roof of your mouth grows back eventually.