Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

^burtle posted:

So Pearl and Marina can be on the same team, but we need luck to group with friends~

They're playing league obviously

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

In Training posted:

I know some people have speculated that the final splatfest curveball is that pearl and marina are going to support the other but I think it should be another Callie VS Marie

Like it should, the final splatfest was hacked. I don't have proof, but I know it to be true.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Rexroom posted:

Like it should, the final splatfest was hacked. I don't have proof, but I know it to be true.

Fake news.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Dr. Fetus posted:

Also for those of you complaining about Marina's NA personality, they toned down her attitude in the update. (And she's confirmed to be an Umbrella main.) Let it be known that Treehouse does listen to complaints.

They listen to more than complaints, I think.

Incidentally, today I still had people kiting during Glowflies. The one thing where the loving Dynamo Roller is actually not a platonic exercise on how to make the most worthless weapon (other than Goldie which wouldn't surprise me if it got patched out) and people insist on leading the wave away from basket. I'm going to have a loving stroke. I'm seriously just not going to play SR anymore during times when Dynamo is in it, it's so incredibly unfun to play with.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

How's the dynamo in multiplayer? It was my favorite roller in 1.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

SeANMcBAY posted:

I've seen someone use it.. Twice. It was unremarkable

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

SeANMcBAY posted:

it's like meeting a friend you haven't seen in a while but he got into an accident and is now a paraplegic

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
I kind of want the dynamo to be oppressive again just to experience it.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

dragon enthusiast posted:

it's like meeting a friend you haven't seen in a while but he got into an accident and is now a paraplegic

Except your friend was always a dick and kinda deserved it.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

SeANMcBAY posted:

I have some bad news for you. It got over nerfed and is one of the worst rollers in the game. Though it did get a buff so that might change.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'll give it a shot. It was ridiculous in 1 so I don't mind a nerf as long as it's still useable.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I'd rather use the dynamo roller than the flingza. If my flicks are going to be slow as hell they better be worth the wait.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
They need to work on the splatnet clothing store generator because it keeps putting the same thing (just with a different ability) over and over. There was that one 12 hour span where 4 slots were just MTB helmets and another time it was 18k aviators

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Rexroom posted:

You and me both brother. Callie needs vengeance

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Lakbay posted:

They need to work on the splatnet clothing store generator because it keeps putting the same thing (just with a different ability) over and over. There was that one 12 hour span where 4 slots were just MTB helmets and another time it was 18k aviators

so?

Also if it's at all random that poo poo is going to happen occasionally.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Well there's some stuff me and other goons have been waiting to get a different ability and you keep seeing the same stuff over and over and I have a feeling it's not completely random

I'm pretty sure not every item in the game hasn't been on there yet and there aren't that many of them

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Aug 23, 2017

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
S rank is the worst of ranked. I've never seen so many people be salty fucks because the enemy started pushing back in rainmaker. It's by far the worst gamemode because either people get super loving mad real quick (and they don't leave so you don't even get the benefit of not breaking the bar) or they have some dumb big idea which turns out to be "bring the rainmaker through the dumbest way possible"

The other modes are okay. People can be dumb with them but rainmaker really brings out the worst.

Edit: literally just had a dipshit blaster in tower mode go all the way to the enemy base to...I dunno, jerk off? I didn't see this nearly as much in a rank

The Black Stones fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Aug 23, 2017

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The Black Stones posted:

S rank is the worst of ranked. I've never seen so many people be salty fucks because the enemy started pushing back in rainmaker. It's by far the worst gamemode because either people get super loving mad real quick (and they don't leave so you don't even get the benefit of not breaking the bar) or they have some dumb big idea which turns out to be "bring the rainmaker through the dumbest way possible"

The other modes are okay. People can be dumb with them but rainmaker really brings out the worst.

How can you tell people are being salty with no voice chat?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
You can see the little pieces of salt in the ink they leave behind

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

The Black Stones posted:

Edit: literally just had a dipshit blaster in tower mode go all the way to the enemy base to...I dunno, jerk off? I didn't see this nearly as much in a rank

I joined the rear end crew (kinda the SASS crew) and I'm done with ranked, I think. I'm not good enough to try any harder.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

SeANMcBAY posted:

How can you tell people are being salty with no voice chat?

If you stop and just start swimming around the spawn point right after the other team got the lead, that's an easy way to tell that person is being a whiny gently caress. No voice chat needed.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
But the Dynamo rules at Salmon Run...

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

The Black Stones posted:

If you stop and just start swimming around the spawn point right after the other team got the lead, that's an easy way to tell that person is being a whiny gently caress. No voice chat needed.

What about if you post on an Internet Message board?

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

JackDarko posted:

What about if you post on an Internet Message board?

Hard to tell. I haven't looked at your post history yet.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

SeANMcBAY posted:

I'll give it a shot. It was ridiculous in 1 so I don't mind a nerf as long as it's still useable.

It's not, it's just too slow and making the kill box on the horizontal flicks 14% larger didn't fix that.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

The dynamo roller sucks and it's even more garbage in salmon run

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Zelder posted:

The dynamo roller sucks and it's even more garbage in salmon run

Its not ideal but it splats the big ones (cohocks?) which is pretty sweet.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

enojy posted:

I joined the rear end crew (kinda the SASS crew) and I'm done with ranked, I think. I'm not good enough to try any harder.

I've made it to S+ now on two modes. One last one and I think I'm gonna be content.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
I'm S in both other modes but I've still yet to win a single match in rainmaker after reaching B-

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Man, pubbies in Salmon Run are loving hot stinking garbage tonight. At least I got two 32k bonuses.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
The roller is really good as long as you don't try to run it till it's dry constantly.

Also

These squids are super gay

https://twitter.com/fivepaninis/status/900243273494609920

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
https://twitter.com/CptSpaceCat/status/900414627930136577?s=09

Those are some gay rear end squids.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Maybe it's because I'm used to the Carbon Roller, but using the Dynamo Roller in Salmon Run is the worst feeling ever.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Parasol Prophet posted:

using the Dynamo Roller is the worst feeling ever.

ftfy

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm already terrible with the charger, so half of these weapons are no good for me

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
lol i just did the dynamo roller gusher exploit, got a 30/10 wave

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Idk if I'd say it's an exploit, more of an oversight.
But I'm looking fwd to huge pay when the gusher rounds roll around.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You still had to pay the ultimate price: playing a gusher round

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I tried to do it one round, but the rest of the crew apparently never played a gusher round before so it was up to me both to bust open the gushers and to try and get around in front of wherever the goldie was waddling to while also fighting off the trash mobs while everyone else was off doing gently caress knows what.