Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
This strawberry hell is giving me a headache just looking at it.

Unfortunately I think I've seen a pretty huge spoiler about the ending of this one so I won't be speculating. It was just an image and some out of context chatter about this case, but together they make me think I know something big. So I'll shush. Still reading though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
Not only do they have to put up with this until the murder, they have to stay in there for the investigation, since there’s no point investigating outside. Then they have to go to the trial, which Monokuma likes to decorate thematically, so they’ll have to put up with this poo poo for the entire chapter. As do you, the player, and you, the viewer.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
It doesn't seem like there's a cafeteria in that building. :ohdear:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

It doesn't seem like there's a cafeteria in that building. :ohdear:
Mechamaru's cola tears to the rescue!

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Haifisch posted:

Mechamaru's cola tears to the rescue!

You know what else seems to be missing?

Bathrooms.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
These are some real motives then.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

EponymousMrYar posted:

You know what else seems to be missing?

Bathrooms.

While everyone else laments not having a toilet, Mechamaru realizes he can't take a poo poo anymore and gives in to despair.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
And "Love is Survival" is piped in through speakers on a constant loop just to further corrode everyone's sanity.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

I guess in stories like this we're generally supposed to accept that magic knockout gas exists, but is there a chance that this is further evidence for the VR theory? I mean, the hamsters survived this one; that strains credulity a bit more.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

I'm expecting the suites to include private bathrooms.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

FPzero posted:

: Tadaaaaaa! This is Strawberry House in its entirety!

I'm pretty sure those are bathrooms in the bottom right corner of the first floor.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

fractalairduct posted:

I'm pretty sure those are bathrooms in the bottom right corner of the first floor.

For whatever reason the Strawberry House map is kinda pixelated and at that resolution it's not very detailed. Didn't think about that when I made the update. Here's a non-resized version of that image.

[timg]https://lpix.org/2901204/C4-2.mp4_snapshot_28.25_[2017.08.04_18.08.39].jpg[/timg]

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

: Before we go to the 1st floor, let's have a look at the rooms and see what Nekomaru has to say.

: Why are you standing around here? Weren't you going to check out the guestrooms?
: Well...it seems that the "Standard Room" over there is already occupied.

...Occupied?

: I...should go explore another place first... *leaves*
: It's funny, when Nekomaru leaves scenes now his footstep sounds have been replaced with heavy metallic stomps.

: Let's check out the Deluxe Room.

: Monokuma does indeed have some eccentric taste. We can also talk to Nekomaru here again for different dialogue.

: However...I never expected we'd lose three people during my absence...
: ...Yeah.
: Hiyoko and Ibuki... Those two were quite the noisy bunch. It's as if a fire was smothered... And I cannot believe...Mikan was the one who murdered them...
: ...That's why... No matter what shape you're in, we're all extremely happy that you came back to us.
: Ngh...? Then I must live up to everyone's expectations!
: As long as I'm here, I will not tolerate any more victims! I won't allow iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!

: Nekomaru said the Standard Room was occupied. I wonder what he means.

I can hear voices inside. Sounds like someone's in there...

: Hey, what'd you wanna talk about?
: Well, you know... I'm sure you don't want to hear this, since I caused a similar incident... And I already know that a guy like me has no right to say this to you but...
: But...when I look at you, I just have to say something...!
: Then spit it out.

: You don't need to act so stubborn, you know? 'Cause...I know what you're going through.
: ...Huh?
: The only reason you're standing here right now...is because someone sacrificed himself for you... You feel guilty about that. Isn't that right?
: Hey, what're you talkin' about?

: So you don't want to be honest about it, huh... Well, I understand that feeling too...
: Seriously, what the hell are you talkin' about!?
: But like he said, it's better to just be alive... It might hurt to look at his painful appearance right now...

: But you're much better off because at least he's still alive! I mean...for me...
: ...S-Sorry...
: ...Oh, are you cryin'?
: Right now...I feel very grateful to her... But I can't tell her that anymore.
: But you're different. So...

: Make sure you tell him how grateful you are...
: Wait, so, what're you tryin' to say again?
: ...

I quietly left the guestroom so they wouldn't notice me.

Fuyuhiko took the time to talk to her... But it looks like Akane...didn't really understand the conversation.

: :smith:

: Lastly, the Crummy Room.

: Sure looks kinda crummy.

: Let's head on down to the 1st Floor.

There wasn't anything terribly important on the 3rd or 2nd floor... But that doesn't mean there's nothing here. I should look around thoroughly.

: This building is peculiar... Look at the inside of this bathroom! I can't take a peaceful poo poo like this! Preventing me from taking a good poo poo... This house is certainly defective!

Looks like this is a bathroom...

: Tch... Every time I see a bathroom, I get this lonely feeling...
: When in the world is my constipation going to be fixed!?

: The 1st floor is pretty bare. There's one large strawberry statue in the middle I forgot to get a good picture of and that's about it for decoration.

: There is an elevator over here though. Wonder where it leads?

Ah...isn't this an elevator? But that's weird...the only stairs are between this building's 2nd and 3rd floor...

: Does this mean...there's a basement?

There's a button next to the door..

A grape image... It's the same as the button on the lounge telephone.

: What...will happen if I press this?

And so, without really thinking about it, I tried pressing the button but...

It's not reacting at all... Is it out of order? I don't really get it but... Looks like this elevator isn't usable.

: Chiaki's standing nearby.

: What happened? Did you get tired again?
: No, I was just thinking... Why strawberry?
: ...Huh? Hmm, why is that?

: Personally, I think...tangerines are totally fine, too. Or even fruits like peaches and apples.
: Yeah, any of those fruits would've been fine.
: Then why strawberry?
: Who knows...?
: Such a mystery.
: Y-Yeah...

...What was that conversation just now?

: Kazuichi's hanging out by the hall to Strawberry Tower.

: Wh-What...? Is there anything you wanna say to me...?
: No...nothing.

: The possibility isn't zero... I do think that it's extremely close to zero but... It's never gonna be zero, no matter what.
: I'm sorry, Hajime...

: And Nagito is off in a corner.

: Everyone is a symbol of hope. They're all completely different compared to a quitter like me.
: I'm terribly sorry...that someone like me is forced to be with everyone like this...!

: And then we have this thing down here... This door creeps me the hell out.

This door...looks like it gives off a different vibe compared to everything else...

: ...The Final Dead Room?

: Allow me to explain! The Final Dead Room is a challenge given to you by Headmaster Monokuma! Only those who win the Life-Threatening Game that occurs in this room will be able to reach the Octagon, the fabled holy land where the Ultimate Weapon sleeps!
: Now then, if you're feeling heroic and you're willing to risk your life to continue living, you should challenge the Final Dead Room! *leaves*

: Life-Threatening Game...?

Wh-What the hell is that...? Did he just say I can obtain the Ultimate Weapon if I win? How stupid...who the hell is going to do that...!?

: What is it, Hajime!? Did you find something!?
: That Final Dead Room place sounds suspicious...but going inside might be a little dangerous. Monokuma did mention a Life-Threatening Game...
: It's not even worth playing if all you get after winning is a weapon...!
: Now then, the others should be at Strawberry Tower at the far back of Strawberry Hall...
: Let's get going alreadyyyyyy!!!

: This hallway is so long it has draw distance!

According to the map, Strawberry Tower is on the other side of this door.

: Ngh? There's no doorknob? There's no way we can open the door like this!
: Maybe...you just have to press the button that's next to the door?

: You know, the one that has "OPEN" written on it.
: I wonder what that means... It's funny, it's spelled just like the word, "open"!

I...wait, seriously...?

: Anyway...I just have to press this button then?

Nekomaru raised his right arm and vigorously slammed the button more times than he needed to.

*BAM*

So...this is Strawberry Tower, huh... The building is shaped like a huge circle. Plus...the ceiling is so high, I can't really make it out.

: Jeez...more of these bright red decorations... What terrible taste!
: Well, with a name like Strawberry Tower, I guess the terrible decorations are intentional...

That's right...this is Strawberry Tower, right? Then why... Why do I see something that doesn't match the strawberry theme at all?

: Yeah we really can't see the ceiling here.

: Before we have a look at the obvious thing, let's look around a little more.

There's a picture on the floor... It's Usami's face... She has a strawberry in her mouth... Even this is strawberry themed, huh. Well, at least it's not an illustration of Monokuma...

On both sides of the door in the far back stand two huge pillars.

: Ah, perhaps...

Without thinking, I turned around and checked behind me. ...Just as I thought. There are pillars, or gateposts, on both sides of the door Nekomaru and I entered from.

: It appears they're standing face-to-face with the other pair.

There's a huge door at the far back of the tower... But there's a grape image on it. I thought this was Strawberry Tower...?

Wait, this image... Doesn't it match the one on the lounge phone and also the one we found near the 1st floor elevator?

: Perhaps...this door might be the exit!
: ...Huh? Exit?
: Take a look at the map we received from Monokuma...

: There's a door at the far back of Strawberry Tower, but nothing is drawn on the other side of that door...
: Now...doesn't this mean that the exit is on the other side of this door!?

: Therefore, we must try to confirm it by opening this door!

Nekomaru let out a battle cry, grabbed the doorknob tightly with both hands, and attempted to pry the door open! However...

*Clatter-clatter! Clatter-clatter!*

: Gh...what does this mean...? The doorknob won't budge, not even one bit!
: Is it locked...?
: Well, poo poo...it appears to be locked tight...

: In that case, I shall use my FULL POWER! UOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

With a fierce roar, Nekomaru put all his power into grabbing the doorknob with both hands. But...

*Clatter-clatter-clatter-clatter-clatter-clatter!*

: Heh...heh heh...not yet... Here it comes...the incredible strength of one million horsepower!!!

: GUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
: W-Wait...isn't it creaking?
: If you break off the doorknob, we'll be stuck in here!
: Ngh!? That would be bad!
: S-So...shouldn't we discuss this with everyone else first before you attempt to force your way through?
: Hmmm... You have a point...

: Very well then! Even though the door would've opened soon, I'll give it a rest!
: Then...let's go back to Strawberry House and discuss this with everyone...

If...they'll listen to what I have to say, that is...

Hm? Is it just me or does it seem rowdy by the elevator over there...? Did...something happen?

: Looks like the gang's all here, including Monokuma.

: Hajime, I was waiting for you, you know.
: Huh? Why were you waiting for me?
: Monokuma said...he'll be presenting something when everyone is here.

...Monokuma said that?

: We have to talk to Monokuma to move along the plot but as usual you can talk to everyone first. I've outright skipped showing a few of these "you can talk to everyone first" segments because a lot of the times they're kinda boring. This time though, there are actually some amusing talks to be had (at least I think so).

: Did you tell Akane what you wanted to say?
: Yeah...I'm pretty sure she didn't want to hear it but...I'm the only person who could say it.

: Is Fuyuhiko...all right? I think he was tryin' to flirt with me...

Y-You think that was flirting...!?

: Alright, moving along. Also I love that you have to actually tilt the camera down to highlight Monokuma because he's so short.

: Yoooo! How are you guys doing!? Were you able to get a general idea of Strawberry House's side?
: Strawberry House's side...? That's a strange thing to say... It sounds like there are other buildings...
: Of course! That's why there's this thing called a contact elevator!
: Contact elevator, you say...?

: Even though it's an elevator, it's a big mistake to think that it moves vertically. This is an elevator that travels along a rail, so even moving horizontally is easy as pie!
: Then...does this elevator go to a different building?
: That's right! To Grape House!
: ...Grape House?

: The Funhouse is an enormous building that's made up of other buildings.
: Well, we can worry about the details when we get to Grape House! I'll be going ahead! *leaves*

: I-I don't really get it but... He just wanted to tell us to go to Grape House this time, right?
: And that we must ride that elevator...right?
: Wh-What should we do...?

: Ha! We just have to go for it! The only way we can overcome this situation is to make a move!
: B-But still...you know...
: ...What? You scared?
: Aw hell no! Why're you saying that in front of Miss Sonia!?
: Fine, I'll loving go! Heh, I'm not scared at all!

Well, I don't have it as bad as Kazuichi, but...I do have a bad feeling about this. But...we can't just stand here and do nothing...!

All right...let's go!

When I pressed the grape button next to the door, it immediately opened...

We stepped onto the elevator, and off we went to Grape House.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Oh no Grape House.

:ohdear: Oh no :ohdear:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

FPzero posted:

: I wonder what that means... It's funny, it's spelled just like the word, "open"!

Did this game just seriously pull a Finding Nemo reference

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Gonna have grapes all over. Obviously, if the name wasn't enough.

Between red vs green (like the picture of grapes we saw), green is better? If we are staring at it all day. Maybe we can alternate to save our sanity.

Zakrelo
Dec 19, 2015
I know Akane is supposed to be dumb but sheesh, that conversation makes her seem like she has brain damage.

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

Zakrelo posted:

I know Akane is supposed to be dumb but sheesh, that conversation makes her seem like she has brain damage.

A little, yeah, but to be fair to her, Fuyuhiko isn't doing the best job explaining himself clearly. He's trying to be tactful and sensitive, but without explicitly explaining that this is about Nekomaru (and Peko), Akane is lost from the start and can't follow the conversation. It kind of feels like Fuyuhiko knows how awkward and personal this is, and he's trying to rush through it, because it can only be him giving this advice, no matter how little he wants to be the one doing it, so he just talks right over Akane saying "I don't get it, explain what you're talking about" like three times.

Also, I think it'd be in Akane's character to be theoretically able to understand the conversation, but deliberately not let herself because she won't allow herself to think about the situation, and specifically about how guilty Mechamaru's new body makes her feel.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Hey no update in this post but I wanted to issue a quick warning to anyone looking to try out the Danganronpa V3 demo that just came out on PSN and Steam today/yesterday. Both Makoto and Hajime show up as supporting cast to assist with the demo trial and as such there are a couple minor-but-kinda-major spoilers related to DR2 that we haven't seen yet. It's related to something that comes up later this chapter. They're not end-of-the-world spoilers and you might not even notice them if you don't know what to look for but I figured I'd give a fair warning.

Also, I have no idea if anyone would care enough to watch it but I did record myself playing the demo and lightly commentating over it like I do my Narrator commentary in the LP. I don't think I'm particularly interesting, but I did talk a little bit about how I do the LP, my first impressions of the new characters and other stuff. I also intend to edit the playthrough so that the spoilers I mentioned above are cut out. If you want to check out the demo but don't want to accidentally spoil yourself, this might not be the worst way to see it. I don't have it edited yet, but I'll put up a link when I do.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Cool.

Also I think Nekomaru being turned into a Robot made him dumber.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

FPzero posted:

Also, I have no idea if anyone would care enough to watch it but I did record myself playing the demo and lightly commentating over it like I do my Narrator commentary in the LP. I don't think I'm particularly interesting, but I did talk a little bit about how I do the LP, my first impressions of the new characters and other stuff. I also intend to edit the playthrough so that the spoilers I mentioned above are cut out. If you want to check out the demo but don't want to accidentally spoil yourself, this might not be the worst way to see it. I don't have it edited yet, but I'll put up a link when I do.

Sounds good! I would definitely watch it! I just finished playing the demo myself. I really like the cast in V3. I'm super excited for the release next month!

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

FPzero posted:

Is there anyway those of us who don't care about spoilers could get an unedited/less edited video?

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

serefin99 posted:

Is there anyway those of us who don't care about spoilers could get an unedited/less edited video?

To be honest, when I say "edited" version, I just mean that I'm going to black screen the video for a couple seconds when said spoiler pops up and that's the only edit I have planned. I could make two versions but it seems a little unnecessary when the only difference will be five seconds of black screen. The bigger editing I have to figure out is whether or not I'm going to cut down my two hours of footage into episodes. I'd planned to just put all two hours up at one time in one video but maybe it's better to employ some editing since I know two hours is a long video to ask people to watch.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

That's the dumbest, flimsiest explanation for not having your new giant robot friend bash down a door. It would've just led to Grape House, but still.

In fact, if there are any other locked doors that Mecha-maru for the rest of the game I'm out, that's bullshit.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

MysticalMachineGun posted:

That's the dumbest, flimsiest explanation for not having your new giant robot friend bash down a door. It would've just led to Grape House, but still.

In fact, if there are any other locked doors that Mecha-maru for the rest of the game I'm out, that's bullshit.

It’s not dumb if Hajime’s the traitor.

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009

MysticalMachineGun posted:

It's quite a dumb explanation, but isn't there also a rule which states that the destruction of school property is grounds for execution? That would likely keep Mechamaru at bay.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

: ...Is this...already moving?
: If so, that'd be awesome...
: ...How so?
: I mean, it's not vibrating at all, right? This is probably a really high-performance elevator if it's not vibrating all that much.
: Maybe it's not actually movin'...
: All right! Let's open the door and make sure!
: You cannot! That is too dangerous!

After staying inside the vibration-free elevator... Eventually the door in front of us suddenly opened.

It appears...we've arrived at our destination.

: So...this is Grape House...

No matter where I look, everything is plastered with grape patterns. I was already fed up with the strawberry patterns, but this is also...unpleasant.

: Okay! Welcome to Grape House! Now then, allow me to explain the Grape House!

: Tadaaaa! This is Grape House in its entirety! Soooo...let's start explaining the 1st floor. Ahem! Aside from the fact that there's no Final Dead Room, it's basically no different than Strawberry House.

: Just like how there's a Strawberry Hall over there, there's a Grape Hall on this side...

: And when you go through Grape Hall... That means there's a Grape Tower.

: The 2nd floor of Grape House is the same as the 2nd floor of Strawberry House... I've prepared five guestrooms of different types, along with a relaxing lounge.

: But the main attraction of Grape House is obviously the 3rd floor... The Monokuma Archive! Everyone loves the Monokuma Archive! If you wanna know about my proud accomplishments and contributions, feel free to study the literature here!

: Now then, this concludes the tour, but I believe it'd be difficult to understand if I just explain with words... So you should all use your own two feet to check out the inside of the building.
: That's all from me... Any questions?

: Like, I'm startin' to get hungry. Where's the food, anyway?
: ...Huh? Is that necessary?
: Wh-What are ya sayin'? Of course it is!

: But it's supposed to be an escape game, so how can there be any tension if there's no time limit?
: Sooo...I've decided to use your stomachs as the time limiiiiiiiit!
: What do you mean...?
: Well, simply put...

: It means kill someone before you starve to death!
: Wh-What the heck!?
: Puhuhu...if you're planning to kill someone, I highly recommend you make your kill as soon as possible!
: It'll be too late if you get so weak you have no energy to kill! *leaves*

: H-Hey! Hold on!
: S-Starve...?
: Dammit! How much more of this do we have to take until he's satisfied!?

: Uh...was he serious about there bein' no food...?
: No way! That's the one thing I don't want! I don't mind starvin' as long as I can eat! Just lemme eat already!
: As soon as she learned there was no food, she was overcome by hunger... Obsessions are truly annoying...
: But at least try to stay calm! Now's not the time for you to paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiic!

: Well, being loud here isn't gonna help us, so for now, we should explore the inside of this building too.
: After all...if you don't give up, you're sure to find hope... Isn't that right, Fuyuhiko?
: Y-Yeah...that's right...

: Then let's get started. The same pairing as before is fine, right?
: Hold on! This time around, I really wanna pair up with Miss Sonia...
: ...She already left with Gundham.

: Looks like you're being avoided... Not just rejected...
: Kazuichi...I understand that you're feeling down but we better get going.
: Akane...you too. How much longer are you gonna stay shocked? C'mon, let's go.

With heavy steps, everyone left to explore Grape House.

: Now then, where should we start...?
: Since we're on the 1st floor... It might be okay if we start with Grape Tower.
: Hmm, so you're saying you're going to start with the most suspicious place...

: ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL RIGHT! Then let's start with Grape Towerrrrrrrrrrrr!
: LET'S START WITH GRAPE TOWERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Anyway...let's find the exit. Dammit...there's no way I'm going to let myself starve to death in here...!

: Let's have a look around the 1st Floor before we go into the tower.

: This statue...uh... Hmm...

What is this...muscular bronze statue? It's probably an ornament but it doesn't fit the ambience at all. Ah, there's a name written on here...

: Hm..."Ogre?"

Does that mean it's a statue of an ogre? Why is it wearing a sailor uniform...?

: Look at that statue... I'm startin' to feel a little excited...!
: ...But why is there a statue like that in a place like this?
: Wait, is this creature inside this building!?
: I don't think so... This is probably in the hall just to garnish it.
: Garnish?
: You mean like a food garnish? Is this food? Is it tasty!?
: It's not food... It's just a decoration.

: Ghhhhh! So there's a bathroom here as well... Regardless, I still cannot poo poo... That's the only downside to this body!

The *only* downside...? Your optimism is praiseworthy...

: Tch! Starving us like this seems pretty straightforward for Monokuma...
: That piece of poo poo... How dare he pull such a dirty trick on civilians...!

: Alright let's go to the Tower.

: It's not as long as Strawberry Hall was so the draw distance isn't a thing here.

Grape Tower...is beyond this door, right?

Just like at Strawberry Hall, I only need to press this button.

: AAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLL RIGHT! Leave it to me!

Nekomaru raised his voice and vigorously slammed the button more times than he needed to...

*BAM*

: ...Hm? It's not opening.
: Huh, that's weird... When we were at Starwberry Hall, this should've opened...
: Don't tell me it's out of order... Fine time for it to break down!
: W-Well...it obviously shouldn't...

*Ga-chunk*

And that's when Nekomaru started shouting.

The door opened...! But...what was that pause just now? Why didn't the door open right away?

: So this is Grape Tower... Hm... The structure of this building doesn't seem all that different compared to Strawberry Tower...
: Yeah, you're right... The building is the same circular shape, and the ceiling is just as high as hard to make out...
: However, this wall is green. Strawberry Tower's wall is red.

Well, speaking of different... There's something blatantly different over there.

: Once again, let's look at the rest of the room first.

There's a picture on the floor of Usami's face with grapes in her mouth. This feels different from Strawberry Tower... The Usami picture over there had a strawberry in her mouth. But what's truly different...

: Like before, we can't see the ceiling here.

On both sides of the door in the far back stand two huge pillars. When I turn around...there are gateposts, or pillars, on both sides of the door Nekomaru and I entered from...

: It appears they're standing face-to-face with the other pair.

It's the same as Strawberry Tower... I guess we know that there are pillars on both sides of the door.

On the Grape Tower door at the far back, there's a strawberry image on there...

: A strawberry door inside Grape Tower... That sounds complicated!
: It's like the opposite...of Strawberry Tower.

: As I recall, there should've been a grape image on the far back door of Strawberry Tower.
: Hm...so on the Strawberry side, there's a Grape door, and on the Grape side, a Strawberry door...
: That's even more complicated!

: However, this time... This door might connect to the outside!

: It's obvious by looking at this map... Since there's nothing beyond the far back door of Grape House. ...If so, the only thing we can do is try it!

: ...Hold it. I heard what you guys were discussing, but it'd be pointless to even try...I think.
: Wh-What did you say!?
: Before we get to that...why are you here, Chiaki? Weren't you with Nagito and Kazuichi?
: It's...exhausting to be around those two.

S-So you ran away...

: And then we have to click on Chiaki again to proceed...for some reason. Dunno why they didn't just continue the conversation from where we were unless they just wanted to reset the camera position.

: Um...that door doesn't lead outside, I think it's pointless to even try it out... Definitely.
: Definitely...you say?
: It's rare for you to be that certain...

: I have a good reason for that. I think I've found out the secret of the Funhouse's structure.
: ...The secret of the structure?
: ...Want me to tell you? Do you want me to explain it to you? Well...pay close attention to each house's relationship to its respective tower.

: First, try to remember the 1st floor of Strawberry House.

: From the elevator, Strawberry Hall is on your left-hand side, right?

: And if you walk along it, you'll end up at Strawberry Tower, right?

: On the other hand, Grape House...

: From the elevator, Grape Hall is on your right-hand side, right?

: And if you walk along it, you'll end up at Grape Tower, right?

: Now, here comes the main point... With those two buildings...

Music cuts out.

: Ah, so you were here all along!

: Hey Chiaki! Don't go running off on your own!
: You disappeared so suddenly...I was worried about you.
: Kazuichi... Nagito...
: Thanks to your disappearance, I was left all alone with Nagito...
: Huh...was that annoying for you?
: Hell yeah it was! I don't wanna be alone with a creep like you!

: I see...so it's not just Hajime, you don't trust me either, huh Kazuichi...
: Hey, are you okay? Have you...stopped trusting other humans?
: Well yeah! Thanks to you, bastard!

: Huh? Oh, you all came.
: Good timing... We didn't have to waste any time gathering people.
: That was quick! I thought your investigations would take more time!

: There aren't many areas to search, and we didn't find any good clues...
: Right now...the only thing I found out is...
: There's seriously no food anywhere! This ain't funny at all!

: I-I heard...that it's super painful to die from starvation. Before that happens...why don't we...you know...the hamsters that Gundham carries around...?
: You imbecile! What are you implying!?
: Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I-I'm sorry!

: Kazuichi... You should be grateful to Sonia. If you'd gotten your hands on my Four Dark Devas of Destruction, your body would be incinerated by hellfire!
: But are the hamsters going to be okay without food?
: Fortunately, the flowers blooming in Strawberry House's indoor park are cursed flowers from hell's garden... As long as those seeds are there... The Four Dark Devas of Destruction shall not lose a single hit point.
: I am relieved to hear that.
: Now then, let's listen to your reports and see what you guys have found!

Personally...I'd rather let Chiaki continue her talk but... Oh well... I should listen to what everyone has to say.

: Is it fine if Gundham, Fuyuhiko, and I represent our teams and give the reports?
: Yeah, I don't mind...
: Hmph, rejoice mongrels... I've discovered something that you fiends will be happy to hear about.
: Yes, our team's discovery is number one! We shall not lose!

I think their priorities are off slightly...

: Next time, we'll pick up by listening to what each group found.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah so Monokuma is just being much more unfair then he was in the first game.

Kill or Starve.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
This motive highlights just how much more vicious this game is compared to the previous one.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I have to wonder what the original purpose of these halls was if Usami made them. Otherwise, it just seems like Monokuma made two food themed towers to rub in that they'd be starving.

Or maybe it's just one tower that transforms when they use the elevator room?

I wonder how Sakura would get along with Akane.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Aug 27, 2017

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

MonsterEnvy posted:

Yeah so Monokuma is just being much more unfair then he was in the first game.

Kill or Starve.

Yeah, he's just going all out with his low blows and cheapness.

We should have let the rats eat him.

And with just that you can see the tension and hopelessness rise.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Welp, I guess Akane is the killer then.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

I wonder if they could cheat the rules by having Nekomaru destroy himself, causing Monokuma to execute Monomi instead, and having Kazuichi rebuild Nekomaru after the trial.

Either way, if somebody has to die, it's going to be Nekomaru, and I bet he'll let it happen. It's the fourth trial, so that matches the pattern of the first game: Intro trial with a twist -> Crime of passion -> Obvious murderer who was already evil -> Honorable suicide. And the art team doesn't have to update that drat elevator screen that spoiled the last trial too.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Double Punctuation posted:

I wonder if they could cheat the rules by having Nekomaru destroy himself, causing Monokuma to execute Monomi instead, and having Kazuichi rebuild Nekomaru after the trial.

I doubt Monokuma would even give Kazuichi the chance too. Worst case scenario, Monokuma melts down Mechamaru's body and turns it into a statue of himself. Best case scenario, he just puts the body wherever the rest of the corpses are.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

This motive feels like complete bullshit to me because from most of the motives from the previous game and this one, Monokuma was just nudging people to kill each other. This feels like Monokuma's holding a gun to their heads and ordering them to kill someone or everyone dies.

On the bright side, even if there's no food at least Mechamaru can still provide them with some refreshing soda and tea. :cheers:

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
This Monobear has a vastly different philosophy than the first game's Monobear (which makes sense since the first controller is dead). The first game's Monobear wanted to show the world that these shining examples, these Ultimate students were no shinier than everyone else. Monobear 1 gave the students a choice. It was a bullshit choice, but still a choice. Either live out the rest of your lives in peace inside the school walls, or kill and escape.

But here, Monobear 2 has locked everyone up, and if no one kills in three weeks, everyone will starve to death. There's no "taking the high road" option.

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

Oh, Ho-oh oh oh, oh whoa oh oh oh
I'll get 'em caught, show Oak what I've got

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Or maybe it's just one tower that transforms when they use the elevator room?
I'm guessing the two Houses connect in the Towers, via the unopenable grape/strawberry door(s). After all, the elevator travels along the side, it could go around the two houses, which would be slower than going through the towers. I'm guessing getting from grape house to strawberry quickly is going to become relevant.

Also, I bet there's a strawberry phone on the above floors.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

It would not surprise me at all if this Monobear is an AI construct, given the vague hint about how it came to be that Nekomaru was reborn shiny and chrome. It would also provide a logical reason for Usami and him to be 'siblings', too. So if that is the case he's probably going to be a bit less humane and just plain cruel either due to not having anything holding him back, or due to not really knowing what humans are like. Now that I think about it, there may be hints about him not actually understanding people in his prior behavior.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

FPzero posted:

: But it's supposed to be an escape game, so how can there be any tension if there's no time limit?
: Sooo...I've decided to use your stomachs as the time limiiiiiiiit!
: What do you mean...?
: Well, simply put...

: It means kill someone before you starve to death!
: Wh-What the heck!?
: Puhuhu...if you're planning to kill someone, I highly recommend you make your kill as soon as possible!
: It'll be too late if you get so weak you have no energy to kill! *leaves*

This really is a huge departure from the usual Monobear assholery. Gotta wonder how it came to be.

Allright, now I just need a subtly mind bending way to turn them against each other

Which I will think of annnnnnnny minute now....

Oh gently caress it. I'll just starve them out. There's no party like a Donner party after all.

Eh. I guess they can't all be great ideas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

But even so, it's a very legit motive.

Pretty much a lose-lose situation.

Die via starvation or kill someone and die anyway if you're caught/kill every one else if you're not caught.

• Locked thread