Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

RZA Encryption posted:

I'm seeing this more and more. Finally catching up to demand?

In the UK Amazon and Nintendo's own store have been in stock reliably for a while. Haven't seen it in stock anywhere else but they seem to be getting there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

:toot: Atlus is setting up a European publishing arm under Sega :toot:

Jacob Nahin (Senior PR Manager at Atlus USA) posted:

It is a strong example of the growth we are experiencing as a company. Publishing in Europe is simply the next step for us. What this means initially for fans is a parity for launch and premium editions. From a business perspective, we’ll be better positioned to address the needs of each market in which we release our titles.

It's good news I guess, but things already seemed pretty good for the consumer with Deep Silver (what with releasing things at the same time as NA, and not introducing any terrible bugs, unlike Ghostlight). I think we were also getting some limited editions? Anyway, if it means more certainty of releases of Atlus games, I'm all for it.

Zelder posted:

Just wait two months for fe warriors, it's a better musou game with moderately more acceptable anime

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Aug 24, 2017

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Huh I wonder if the rumours of Deep Silver not doing well were true

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Sakurazuka posted:

Huh I wonder if the rumours of Deep Silver not doing well were true

How's that possible? Don't they have Koch money behind them?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gplFeCDAXAM

YagerX
Oct 30, 2012
I know this gets asked every other page but any recommendations for games with lots of replayability.
I've sunk 200+ hours on isaac on PC and wouldn't be completely adverse to getting it again (but it's not out in NZ yet).

I've heard good things about Gonner and tumbleseed?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

YagerX posted:

I know this gets asked every other page but any recommendations for games with lots of replayability.
I've sunk 200+ hours on isaac on PC and wouldn't be completely adverse to getting it again (but it's not out in NZ yet).

I have both, and TumbleSeed has more gametime clocked of the two. I'm not sure they're 200+ hour good though.

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

Looking forward to the Xenoblade 2 stream. Hope a release date and collector's edition get announced

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i want dass xenoblade 2

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

YagerX posted:

I think there are a few procedural generated games on the Switch. Aside from GoNNER and Tumbleseed, there's also Slime-san and Has Been Heroes. I'm not sure but are either Mr. Shifty or Phantom Trigger proc gen?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm kind of hoping Xenoblade 2 is next year because there's too many games already

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm kind of hoping Xenoblade 2 is next year because there's too many games already

on switch? eh.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Uh no but Switch + 3DS + PS4 yes

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kurtofan posted:

on switch? eh.
Even on Switch there's Mario + Rabbids, plus FE Musou releasing the week before Mario Odyssey. Then supposedly Xenoblade Chronicles 2 between then and Christmas. That's way more games than I would conceivably have time to play.

I've still only completed 1 Divine Beast in Zelda. :( Please...stop...Nintendo...

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

Yomawari: Midnight Shadows (PS4) and Mario Odyssey are the only games I'm getting the rest of the year, so I really hope Xenoblade 2 is a 2017 game

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

My pared down list still has about 15 things on it over the next three months.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

So wait there's really no online for Rabbids?

Nov 24, 2014

YagerX posted:

GoNNER is an easier recommendation than TumbleSeed. But if you like TumbleSeed, I'd say you'd get more playtime out of it.

irlZaphod posted:

I think there are a few procedural generated games on the Switch. Aside from GoNNER and Tumbleseed, there's also Slime-san and Has Been Heroes. I'm not sure but are either Mr. Shifty or Phantom Trigger proc gen?

Slime-san isn't, and I'm pretty sure Mr. Shifty and Phantom Trigger aren't either.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

RCarr posted:

So wait there's really no online for Rabbids?

Why would there be?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

Why would there be?

Because a game with co-op should let you play co-op online?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Rexroom posted:

How's that possible? Don't they have Koch money behind them?

For clarification, the Koch company that owns Deep Silver is a German conglomerate and not connected to the American Koch brothers. I remember this because I looked it up when wondering whether to boycott them.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Why would there be?

There are like 18 co-op missions

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Theta Zero posted:

This has cross-platform play, doesn't it?

What would people see on other consoles? Just a default car?

Yeah. I've been playing on PC for like 18 months and just found out recently that PS4 players have an exclusive Sweet Tooth car. I didn't know, because if they ever used it, PC players saw a Merc instead (another, similarly van-looking thing). Kind of odd to me since there's DLC that you don't have to buy to see it in game, but whatever. The Mario and Luigi cars look like they'll be Takumis, not sure about the Gunship.

I think it was already mentioned but due to Sony's stubbornness, the cross-play works out that PC, Xbox, and Switch will all be matched against each other for games and will be able to join private matches together. If you want to party up and queue matches as a team, you and your friends all have to be on the same platform, e.g. Switch.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

Uh no but Switch + 3DS + PS4 yes

Even just switch and 3DS. I still have to finish Sonic and am actively playing Splatoon almost every day. Rabbids, Mario, and XB2 + any nindies that make their way out (Stardew when). 3DS has metroid, monster hunter stories, ultra sm, and etrian 5. So yeah, I need to pretty much uninstall any games from my PC and make sure I don't get my PS4 back.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
3DS won't be a problem for too much longer

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

3DS has games scheduled into 2018.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

If Vita is still getting retail releases into 2018 I imagine 3DS will manage to exist until the heat death of the universe.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Chucklefish Games did a blog post thing. Stardew Valley still scheduled sometime this year (with multiplayer arriving as a patch next year) and Pocket Rumble still has some bugs in it.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I'm still refusing to send in my left Joy-Con for repair. In 30 years there's guaranteed to be some dumbass collector who will pay thousands for an unrepaired launch day left Joy-Con.

If I'm really lucky the next Smash Bros. will have a technique that requires a broken Joy-Con and I'll be able to retire early.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

We're still getting PS3 and WiiU releases so I imagine the 3DS will still get stuff for a while yet.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

I'm still refusing to send in my left Joy-Con for repair. In 30 years there's guaranteed to be some dumbass collector who will pay thousands for an unrepaired launch day left Joy-Con.

If I'm really lucky the next Smash Bros. will have a technique that requires a broken Joy-Con and I'll be able to retire early.

Repair yours now. And if 30 years some dumbass wants to pay for a flawed joycon, open yours and remove the foam.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

To be honest I'd rather have couch co-op for Mario + Rabbids than online.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Beastie posted:

To be honest I'd rather have couch co-op for Mario + Rabbids than online.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Aug 24, 2017

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

http://www.charlesmartinet.com/actor.html
This gamescom poo poo run by nintendo uk is pretty bad

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Junkie Disease posted:

http://www.charlesmartinet.com/actor.html
This gamescom poo poo run by nintendo uk is pretty bad

I like to think Nintendo Germany is behind it. That's where the main office of Nintendo Europe is located. So it's natural it's bad.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Rexroom posted:

Chucklefish Games did a blog post thing. Stardew Valley still scheduled sometime this year (with multiplayer arriving as a patch next year) and Pocket Rumble still has some bugs in it.

I've given up on seeing Stardew or Wargroove this year

Also Golf Story which hasn't had any news at all. Basically all the cool Nindies are MIA.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I can see Stardew coming out this year. Late this year. But it's viable.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Detective No. 27 posted:

I can see Stardew coming out this year. Late this year. But it's viable.

I am planning on doing a week in a cabin between christmas and new years and would very much like to stardew.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
Never played stardew before so I'm pretty hype for it to come to Switch. Need more single player games I can play for endless hours on planes.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Only good switch games mia? Disgusting NintendoNT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Weird. All this time I thought Pokken was some rip off Pokemon clone fighting game. I tried the demo. I guess it's REAL pokemon. (my kid should dig that...) and so far (only played the Tutorial...) It's... not bad?!

• Locked thread