Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Does the 600i go on sale before or after Chris fumbles and stumbles on stage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
The only things I regret are not wanting to part with my personal email to sell my premium golden ticket account for a thousand bucks when I could, and not being able to poo poo on lesser citizens over my golden ticket since getting my refund

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

THEN HE SAID..NO WAIT, LISTEN. THEN HE SAID 3.0 IS COMING OUT BY DEC 19TH 2016
:laffo:

D_Smart posted:

Nah, me and TheAgent are on the same team. Plus we both have sources who are totally not loving morons likely to feed us bullshit at some point.

i don't think any of that is true.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
So did Feb 2017 or May 2017 win the I called it first?

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

TheAgent posted:

man I'm making a lot of never forget posts but never forget
https://i.imgur.com/UG7z54e.mp4

another day at the dragon dildo factory

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Lladre posted:

So did Feb 2017 or May 2017 win the I called it first?
the july 2015 blog I think

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

D_Smart posted:

Nah, me and TheAgent are on the same team. Plus we both have sources who are totally not loving morons likely to feed us bullshit at some point.

Someone get Steve on the phone right now!

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Truga posted:

The only things I regret are not wanting to part with my personal email to sell my premium golden ticket account for a thousand bucks when I could, and not being able to poo poo on lesser citizens over my golden ticket since getting my refund

poo poo I forgot about the days when shitizens used to sell their premium jpegs for huge markups. What a wild ride this has been.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

Berious posted:

another day at the dragon dildo factory

can we autoban everyone using the word dragon dildo?
It was fun the first time, we've been long past funny.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D_Smart posted:

gently caress off. No way you're a backer.

Tell me who I am. Who do you think I am, what makes you think that, and how can you be so sure without proof? I'm a lowly backer and that's all you need to know.

TheGodofIris
Oct 12, 2016

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

I'm still laughing...

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

AutismVaccine posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6vpjnv/gamescom_daymar_demo_test_feedback_from_a_backer/

"I confirm that you can actually feel the weight of your ship, this is a plain new sensation, your ship is heavy! There's a lot of inertia and I sometimes struggled to keep my ship straight!"

NOT A SHILL!

The translation is poo poo, adding in complements to the game that don't exist.

For example:

Original
"La Nox elle, est très classe ! On a une sensation de vitesse pas trop dégeux et j'ai trouvé qu'elle se maniait bien malgrés le terrain pas trop adapté pour elle."

Reddit
The Nox is a beast! Classy also! The speed feedback is quite good as of today. As you can imagine, the Nox is really agile, even on Daymar's scorched suface.

Actual
The Nox is very classy! You have a sensation of speed that's not too disgusting and I found that it maneuvered well despite the terrain that's not suited for it.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

just word filter it to ELE

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

big nipples big life posted:

just word filter it to ELE

IN MY rear end

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

TheAgent posted:

man I'm making a lot of never forget posts but never forget
https://i.imgur.com/UG7z54e.mp4

And each of those missiles will cost you a buck or more each to fire.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

Tell me who I am. Who do you think I am, what makes you think that, and how can you be so sure without proof? I'm a lowly backer and that's all you need to know.

I think you're a troll who has played a very clever and subtle long game, but alas, like with Chris Roberts' Star Citizen, the edifice is beginning to crumble.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

ManofManyAliases posted:

It's fun reading your posts in Toast's (the character) voice.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

smellmycheese posted:

I think you're a troll who has played a very clever and subtle long game, but alas, like with Chris Roberts' Star Citizen, the edifice is beginning to crumble.

I showed my billing info. AP has a spreadsheet - he's my SA-provided bookkeeper. Go bother him.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

ManofManyAliases posted:

Don't forget that you all all the other CIG employees in the thread (there's a bunch) have already been doxxed and would have been exposed if it weren't for those pesky admins.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Original
Bref, pendent ces 20 minutes j'ai vraiment eu la sensation que le jeu a évolué et c'est ça que je retiens... aprés niveau fluidité je sais pas si on peut se fier à cette démo qui se déroule que sur une petite partie de Daymar...

Reddit
During those 20 min, I had a strong feeling the game evolved a lot, that's what I retain from this playthrough. I wonder if we'll be able to get as much fluidity as I got during this lite demo.

Actual
During these 20 minutes I really had the sensation that the game has evolved, and that's what I've retained... after the level of fluidity, I don't think we can rely on this demo that plays out on such a small portion of Daymar...

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Latin Pheonix posted:

I see the twitch stream has certain avid fans in it!

The random twitch "users" in chat popping in and going THIS LOOKS AWESOME! or SO STOKED!! is so blatantly transparent.

Maertin82: "This looks awesome! Can't wait for 3.0!"
Jomny116: "This looks awesome! Can't wait for 3.0!"

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Hav posted:

Fidelutah!

Yeah, the fun thing about that clip is that they 'scroll around to see the gun', not to cover the sight of the character spazzing around trying to get out of the door. Leaving via the sunroof was not the plan. He has to walk around the outside to close the ramp.

I didn't get the clip, but someone fires that *shoulder-mounted* railgun at the feet of another player for no visible effect. None. Graphics may be in, but the gun don't work.

So, for the next few minutes I'm going to loving rant about a shoulder-mounted recoil generator and point out the relative difference between say, a shoulder mounted missile, which has a charge to clear the tube, then ignites the motors, and a railgun, which uses electromotive force to accelerate a slug. One delays the acceleration of the projectile until it's past the clavicle-snapping stage, the other doesn't.

Missile fired, note the exhaust from the kicker.

Motor Ignition ~1.5s after launch. Stops cooking the operators and allows for an acceleration stage.

The sheer idiocy involved with coming up with the idea is beyond belief and the designers should be taken out and made to shoot a .303 until they understand recoil.

Note: Traveller had this and a shoulder-mounted plasma-gun, but both required use of TL15 Battledress that would lock to absorb recoil; that's what thinking science fiction gets you.

Even WW2 Nazi's understood rocket propulsion and the need for protection from it. loving kids today have no respect for weapon tech history.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Don't forget that you all all the other CIG employees in the thread (there's a bunch) have already been doxxed and would have been exposed if it weren't for those pesky admins.

PM me all of the CIG staff doxx.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Derek's dossier. I completely forgot. Good thing I'm not employed by CIG.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Hav posted:

The sheer idiocy involved with coming up with the idea is beyond belief and the designers should be taken out and made to shoot a .303 until they understand recoil.

Note: Traveller had this and a shoulder-mounted plasma-gun, but both required use of TL15 Battledress that would lock to absorb recoil; that's what thinking science fiction gets you.

They should shoot 30-06 out of an M1 or 8mm Mauser from my MG-34 :getin:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

-My refund has been processed
-It was not because of anything specific CIG or Chris Roberts did or did not do
-I felt it was time because of certain reasons, which are my own

Quote the poo poo out of this if you want.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

ManofManyAliases posted:

I was told that we'd see a playable state of SQ42, albeit not for release to backers as of yet. My understanding is that the assets from the PU are used by both branches, but because SQ42 doesn't rely on the netcode and infrastructure requirements as does the PU, it's a much more simplified batch that is just being polished for the release that it's supposed to be. That said, I signed up for SC the MMO and I'm really just dying to see working scalability and netcode.

:allears:

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

happyhippy posted:

And each of those missiles will cost you a buck or more each to fire.

And if you fire them all at once you crash the server

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

:smuggo:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Colostomy Bag posted:

Does the 600i go on sale before or after Chris fumbles and stumbles on stage?

There'll probably be a ship advert for it, so he'll cue it from the stage so the maximum number of Citizen viewers see it, get hyped and buy it, plus he likes getting cheered like he actually did something.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
did you watch todays stream and interviews yet

because you really should

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

aleksendr posted:

Not and expert, but could this behavior be explained by the engine being unable to ascertain the ship and actors correct position due to CIG having muked with the scales ?

Instead of being in a fixed point with an insignifiant margin of error, the ship is in a "bubble" of possible position due to rounding errors, meaning it is redered in a different position every few frame and the rounding error fluctuate.

That or the whole thing is Jank floating on putrid code.

No I think you're right on. This has been my working theory: In order to achieve bigger levels, they downscaled every game object. This, of course, is a terrible idea, because physics engines are designed around a specific scale. You can't just make objects smaller, it throws off the mass/size/force/velocity math that's going on behind the scenes. It explains the lack of inertia, constant collider/clipping errors, and all the small jittery glitches that happen constantly.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Jobbo_Fett posted:

They should shoot 30-06 out of an M1 or 8mm Mauser from my MG-34 :getin:

What does that 8mm cost per round?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

I showed my billing info. AP has a spreadsheet - he's my SA-provided bookkeeper. Go bother him.

You need to list your ships, not many people here believe you are stupid enough to still have money in this. Convincing them you are that dumb is your job not mine.

I believe you though, I think you are a r/dereksmart poster and you really do still have at least $4k in Roberts promise notes.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

We can only dream.

Free yourself MOMA!

bacalhau
Apr 29, 2013
So, do they still try an engine change before collapsing or is it lumberyard until the end?

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Bubbacub posted:

How come the Hellblade developers could make convincing mocap with a cheap janky homebrew setup but with $150 million CIG has nothing

Because i'm starthing to think that Roberts did not do Mocap on those numerous studio session. He (tried) to do green screen cinema in the like of Lucas prequel trilogy. The data was thus produced with cinema in mind and turned out to be completely useless as mocap data. SQ 42 was probably a "cinematic adventure" at some point and the mocap cinema created for that can not be used for whatever it is supposed to be now.

Also if the big names of Oldman and Anderson really did pull out, its possible all mocap data figuring them (even if just in the background without any spoken lines) cant be used or released, creating major holes in any storyline.

TheAgent posted:

I don't know how anyone can continue to back this project after watching this. I'm not trying to be snarky or mean, I just don't understand it.

Its good looking jank. You have the "feel" of a game, even if the crucial last 30% (Gameplay, narative, characters) are missing. If you dont have a bit of wisdom and life experience its very easy to project your wishes on those last remaining 30% and have the thing turn into your dream game.

Problem is those 30% are the glue that make the whole fit together, and without it the game is just a very expensive art book or ship commercial.

aleksendr fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Aug 24, 2017

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

D_Smart posted:

Stop what?

You posted that in Feb 2017

I posted my missive, which included a write-up about the schedule - which turned out to be true - in May 2017.

I fail to see the point you're making. If this is a "me first!" thing, assuming you're the only one who knows anyone working on the project, then loving LOL!! man :laffo:

Shut the gently caress up already
You have no sources just your big ol mouth

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

bacalhau posted:

So, do they still try an engine change before collapsing or is it lumberyard until the end?

It's possible they'd change again, it's one of the desperate last acts that might buy them a little while longer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

AP posted:

It's possible they'd change again, it's one of the desperate last acts that might buy them a little while longer.

They should just create a Minecraft mod, and leave it at that.