Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

Feenix posted:

Weird. All this time I thought Pokken was some rip off Pokemon clone fighting game. I tried the demo. I guess it's REAL pokemon. (my kid should dig that...) and so far (only played the Tutorial...) It's... not bad?!

what's fake pokemon count as

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Feenix posted:

Weird. All this time I thought Pokken was some rip off Pokemon clone fighting game. I tried the demo. I guess it's REAL pokemon. (my kid should dig that...) and so far (only played the Tutorial...) It's... not bad?!
Yeah, it's an actual Pokemon game.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

whaley posted:

Digimon?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

I've given up on seeing Stardew or Wargroove this year

Well, the linked post says Wargroove is next year, so this is, I think, wise and justified

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

whaley posted:

Some collectible monster game called Pokken? I don't know. That's why I'm saying I hadn't given it a second thought...

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

Oh ha you thought it wasn't pokemon at all. I was thinking something different

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

You take that back guilmon is my friend

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Feenix posted:

Some collectible monster game called Pokken? I don't know. That's why I'm saying I hadn't given it a second thought...

It's called that because it's also Tekken, basically.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

whaley posted:

Oh ha you thought it wasn't pokemon at all. I was thinking something different

Yeah, I thought was some "me too" game trading on the recognizability of "poke" but I guess I should have realized that Nintendo probably wouldn't allowed such a thing on their system, if so.

So typically are Pokken games good? Have there been some before?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Feenix posted:

Did Pikachu on the cover not make it clear enough?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

There's just the one, but it has been out on Wii U for quite some time.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Did Pikachu on the cover not make it clear enough?

When I say I paid it no mind, I literally mean I heard you guys talking about it on this thread, and never even bothered to look. So I never saw the cover. :)

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

irlZaphod posted:

Even on Switch there's Mario + Rabbids, plus FE Musou releasing the week before Mario Odyssey. Then supposedly Xenoblade Chronicles 2 between then and Christmas. That's way more games than I would conceivably have time to play.

I've still only completed 1 Divine Beast in Zelda. :( Please...stop...Nintendo...

Mario Odyssey and XC2 are the only two upcoming Switch games I plan to get this year. Already have MK8DX, Disgaea 5, and BotW though. Might get Blaster Master at some point.

Improbable Lobster posted:

3DS won't be a problem for too much longer

There will be 3DS games getting released next year and I don't doubt there will be some (but perhaps not many) released for it in 2019 as well.

e:

whaley posted:

This:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pokecity-3d/id1203569443?mt=8

Some of their ads I've seen online use music and footage taken directly from Pokemon games and even the images on the app store include a recolored and slightly edited Scizor. I have no idea how/why Nintendo hasn't had their lawyers destroy this game yet.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Aug 24, 2017

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Evil Fluffy posted:

This:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pokecity-3d/id1203569443?mt=8

Some of their ads I've seen online use music and footage taken directly from Pokemon games and even the images on the app store include a recolored and slightly edited Scizor. I have no idea how/why Nintendo hasn't had their lawyers destroy this game yet.

A wise man once said that the state of China does not have an immediate concern for these dubious forgeries.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Not mine. Decent enough fake.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

GreenNight posted:

Not convincing enough fake, there's no way Nintendo made that many units.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I assume that "kken" in Japanese has something to do with fighting, what with Pokken and Tekken.

Played Pokken for a few rounds last night, was pretty cool. Can you re-download the demo after your 15 fights are up?

This game is going to be $60 right? I'd definitely snag it for $40. Seemed to have some depth to it without being a brutal game.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Beastie posted:

I assume that "kken" in Japanese has something to do with fighting, what with Pokken and Tekken.

The character 拳 "ken" translates to "fist"

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Beastie posted:

Well "tekken" means iron fist, with the "ken" part being fist, so pokken would be pokemon fist. Pokken is just a tekken joke though, I'm pretty sure

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Does Pokken have a sick dubstep soundtrack like Tekken does

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Does Pokken have a sick dubstep soundtrack like Tekken does

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzPpAYBy4AY

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Pokken strikes me as something I'd get at the 40 or below range. If it's 60, I'm not sure the allure is there.

:) I think it's neat, though!

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
iirc it was 60 on WiiU and im certain it's gonna be 60 again since it's updated.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

GreenNight posted:

That looks... completely real? Maybe I just can't fathom why anyone would put in the time to fake that. So many boxes at different angles, small details like boxes in the second row, shadows, box tops, etc. Very possible that it's at some random hobunk Walmart that didn't know/care that they aren't for sale until 9/29 and put them out early.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

If that was true, that guy could make a massive amount of money selling those suckers on ebay.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'll be at home playing Pocket Fist this weekend

I mean ARMS global testpunch

but really splatoon2

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQuELSLbpgs

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

GreenNight posted:

I don't think that's fake...

*zooms into photo trying to get the Wal*Mart inventory # for istocknow*

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
I'm assuming it's legit and either "stockboy taking a picture of the shelf he just filled" or "walmart in the middle of nowhere". e: or it's not out yet :downs:

Mine had 6-8 switches for quite awhile and I thought Nintendo had solved to stock issue. Nope, turns out they just had bad online inventory tracking and claimed to have 0 online. Every other store in a 50 mile radius was still legitimately sold out. Whoops.

Ursine Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Aug 24, 2017

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I was under the impression the SNES Classic wasn't out for a few weeks.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Beastie posted:

I was under the impression the SNES Classic wasn't out for a few weeks.

You'd be correct. The above poster should be executed for his ignorance, imo.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

So those are empty preorder boxes? Bet you could still sell them for a good chunk of change, even with explicitly stating it is just a box.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Is there going to be a cartridge version of this Sonic game ever?

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

I aint heard nothing that sounds remotely like woomy in splatoon

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Are you playing a boy? only the girl says woomy

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Hey Playtronic

Make with the Yooka-Laylee already

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

whaley posted:

I aint heard nothing that sounds remotely like woomy in splatoon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE9pySihYpA

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Martytoof posted:

Hey Playtronic

Make with the Yooka-Laylee already

:yeah:
WOOMY

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

African AIDS cum posted:

Is there going to be a cartridge version of this Sonic game ever?

No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Why not?

• Locked thread