Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl

ETB posted:

I'm rereading some BGG posts and recall that you don't have to have a port to muster ships. Apparently the section on ports (page 9) has Riverrun mustering ships and the castle doesn't have a port.

Was just about to point to the page 9 example myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dancer
May 23, 2011
I guess that has to be the right interpretation then. So let's allow it. Mustering of ship units can happen in any adjacent sea region, or port.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Ready to rock

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Bottom Liner, please check Discord when you can, the orders you submitted aren't complete.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
All fixed. Sorry bout that!

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Turn 1 orders

Influence and other tracks:

Everyone, as before, has 5 power tokens, and still has all House cards.

Bottom Liner gets to either replace one order, or may ask me about the top card in the Wildling deck. After that, since there are no Raid orders, we start marching, beginning with Pththya-lyi.

Btw, are we going to use player's names, or shall we switch to Lord/Lady [House name] instead? Might be amusing :) .

Edit: Apologies, Tyrell Support on Redwyne Straits should be a March -1. Changing the file asap
Edit: fixed. For real.

Dancer fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Aug 24, 2017

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

House names, much easier to follow!

Ravening Golden Sound to Defense +2

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Aug 25, 2017

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
March 2S (two ships) from Shipbreaker Bay to Blackwater Bay

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

March Lannisport knight and footman to Riverrun

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
March my footman over to Karstark, leave a Power Token behind.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

March (sail?) Boat Sea of Dorne > East Summer Sea

FACKER
Jan 2, 2005
knight to seagard and footman to Flint's finger

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Knight to The Arbor and footman to Oldtown, and I don't need to leave a PT behind, right?

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
March my ship from the Shivering Sea to the Narrow Sea.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

March Saltshore to Starfall. Leave a power token.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

NM, I'm an idiot

Mikey Purp fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Aug 25, 2017

FACKER
Jan 2, 2005
March ship from Ironmans bay to Golden sound to attack Lannister ship.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Mikey Purp posted:

Hold on, does the command order reverse for round 2 or something?

Baratheon and Lannister were out of March orders.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

March ship from Redwyne to west summer sea

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Mikey Purp posted:

March ship from Redwyne to west summer sea

The attack should resolve before you make a march order.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I also don't care about those Greyjoy and Lannister quibbles. So
March Sunspear Knight to Yronwood

Edit: This early in the game, it's easier to just do if you don't care of the results. Though if it makes life harder on Dancer, I understand having to wait.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
For now, I really don't mind, but it might be a bigger deal later with possible retreat areas. Also, if Martell is figthing, the Doran card might mess up turn order.

Mikey Purp posted:

Knight to The Arbor and footman to Oldtown, and I don't need to leave a PT behind, right?

That's correct.

Map Update

After all the moves that have been announced, we've run out of March orders. Now we resolve Consolidate Power orders:
- Baratheon gains 2 PT from Kingswood
- Lannister has no CP orders
- Stark must choose 2 PT or mustering in Winterfell
- Martell has no CP orders
- Tyrell gains 2 PT from Dornish Marches
- Greyjoy gains 1 PT from Greywater Watch
- Baratheon must choose 2 PT or mustering in Dragonstone
- Greyjoy gains 1 PT from Pyke Harbor

We're currently in the middle of a fight in The Golden Sound. Greyjoy fleet with strength 1 vs. Lannister fleet with strength 3.

Once I get Stark and Baratheon decisions on their CP orders, and Lannister's House card for the battle, turn 1 will be over.
Finally, I've been having a thought about how we should run battles to ensure they don't become a slog. I think it's a reasonable step to say, it's on the players to ensure that whoever might support you actually declares support before the proper fighting happens. When both players have submitted House cards, I will assume they're both satisfied that they won't be able to get more support than has already been declared.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Greyjoy plays:
[0] Aeron Damphair: You may immediately discard two Power tokens to discard Aeron Damphair and choose a different House Card from your hand (if able).
For a combat strength of 1

Lannister plays:
[2] The Hound: 2 Fortifications
For a combat strength of 5

If the fight were to end this way, Greyjoy would retreat, and no units would be lost on either side.

Greyjoy player may activate Aeron and/or the Blade for a +1 bonus. Reminder that Fiefdoms track position breaks ties.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Stark uses CP order to muster one ship in Shivering Sea and one ship in Bay of Ice.

Baratheon to muster or collect power tokens in Dragonstone.

FACKER
Jan 2, 2005
Greyjoy chooses to end the battle with no further action and retreat

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Muster one ship in Shipbreaker Bay, one footman on Dragonstone

Dancer
May 23, 2011
I believe that with that move, turn 1 is now complete! I'm at work so I can't give a proper update for a few hours, but I can give you the Westeros cards.

Resupply (everyone gets to adjust their position on the supply track)
Clash of Kings (bid for the three influence tracks)
Wildlings Attack

Resupply resolves first. Here are everyone's new positions on the supply track:

Tyrell - 2
Martell - 3
Baratheon - 2
Lannister - 3
Greyjoy - 3
Stark - 1

We bid for tho Iron Throne track next. Everyone please send me your bid via Discord. Remember that Baratheon will break ties on this bid, and the player holding the Iron Throne after this will break ties in the following bids.

Dancer fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Aug 25, 2017

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Power Token counts, unless I'm mistaken (I'm on phone)
Martell and Stark 4
Lannister 5
Everyone else 7

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Edit: nvm, just found it in the rules

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Bids for the Iron Throne track:
Martell - 0
Baratheon - 0
Tyrell - 3
Greyjoy - 0
Stark - 0
Lannister - 0

Baratheon decided the 5-way tie. The new order is:
Tyrell - Lannister - Martell - Stark - Baratheon - Greyjoy

Bids are open for the fiefdoms track. Tyrell decides ties.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Bids for the Fiefdoms Track

Greyjoy - 4
Lannister - 2
Everyone else - 0

Greyjoy keeps the Blade. Tyrell must break the tie for places 3-6. Everyone can send me bids for the King's Court track.

Updated PTs on hand:
Baratheon - 7
Martell - 4
Stark - 4
Tyrell - 4
Lannister - 3
Greyjoy - 3

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Final Fiefdoms track:
Greyjoy - Lannister - Tyrell - Baratheon - Stark - Martell

Bids for the King's Court Track:

Baratheon - 4
Stark - 4
Tyrell - 4
Greyjoy - 2
Martell - 1
Lannister - 0

Tyrell breaks ties:

Tyrell - Stark - Baratheon - Greyjoy - Martell - Lannister
Tyrell takes the Messenger Raven token.

Updated PTs on hand:
Baratheon - 3
Martell - 3
Lannister - 3
Tyrell - 0
Greyjoy - 1
Stark - 0

Accepting bids for the upcoming Wildling attack.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Wildling attack bids:

Martell - 2
Baratheon - 1
Lannister - 1
Tyrell - 0
Stark - 0
Greyjoy - 0

Night's Watch Victory, with Martell having the largest contribution. The Wildling Threat goes down to zero. The Wildling card reads:

Rattleshirt's Raiders
Wildling Victory
- Lowest Bidder: Is reduced 2 positions on the Supply track (to no lower than 0)
- Everyone Else: Is reduced 1 position on the Supply track (to no lower than 0)
Night's Watch Victory
- Highest Bidder: Is increased 1 position on the Supply track (to no higher than 6)

I think this would've been a particularly amusing one to lose at this point in the game :v: . Alas, we get something boring like Martell having just slightly increased supply.

Start of turn 2 planning phase

Power Token counts:
Baratheon - 2
Lannister - 2
Martell - 1
Greyjoy - 1
Tyrell - 0
Stark - 0

Discarded House cards:

Greyjoy:
Aeron Damphair

Lannister:
The Hound

Dancer fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Aug 26, 2017

The General
Mar 4, 2007

House Stark:
[4] Eddard Stark: 2 Swords
[3] Robb Stark: If you win this combat, you may choose the area to which your opponent retreats. You must choose a legal area where your opponent loses the fewest units.
[2] Roose Bolton: If you lose this combat, return your entire House card discard pile into your hand (including this card).
[2] Greatjon Umber: 1 Sword
[1] Ser Rodrik Cassel: 2 Fortifications
[1] The Blackfish: You do not take casualties in this combat from House card abilities, Combat icons, or Tides of Battle cards.
[0] Catelyn Stark: If you have a Defense Order token in the embattled area, its value is doubled.

House Lannister:
[4] Tywin Lannister: If you win this combat, gain two Power tokens.
[3] Ser Gregor Clegane: 3 Swords
[2] The Hound: 2 Fortifications
[2] Ser Jaime Lannister: 1 Sword
[1] Tyrion Lannister: You may cancel your opponent's chosen House card and return it to his hand. He must choose a different House card to reveal. If he has no other House cards in his hand, he cannot use a House card this combat.
[1] Ser Kevan Lannister: If you are attacking, all of your participating Footman (including supporting Lannister footmen) add +2 combat strength instead of +1.
[0] Cersei Lannister: If you win this combat, you may remove one of your opponent's Order tokens from anywhere on the board.

House Baratheon:
[4] Stannis Baratheon: If your opponent has a higher position on the Iron Throne Influence track than you this card gains +1 combat strength.
[3] Renly Baratheon: If you win this combat, you may upgrade one of your participating Footmen (or one supporting Baratheon Footman) to a Knight.
[2] Ser Davos Seaworth: If “Stannis Baratheon” is in your discard pile, this card gains +1 combat strength and a sword icon
[2] Brienne of Tarth: 1 Sword, 1 Fortification
[1] Melisandre: 1 Sword
[1] Salladhor Saan: If you are being supported in this combat, the combat strength of all non-Baratheon Ships is reduced to 0.
[0] Patchface: After combat, you may look at your opponent's hand and discard one card of your choice.

House Greyjoy:
[4] Euron Crow's Eye: 1 Sword
[3] Victarion Greyjoy: If you are attacking, all of your participating Ships (including supporting Greyjoy Ships) add +2 to combat strength instead of +1.
[2] Theon Greyjoy: If you are defending an area that contains either a Stronghold or a Castle, this card gains +1 combat strength and a sword icon.
[2] Balon Greyjoy: The printed combat strength of your opponent's House card is reduced to 0.
[1] Asha Greyjoy: If you are not being supported in this combat, this card gains two Sword icons and one Fortification icon.
[1] Dagmar Cleftjaw: 1 Sword, 1 Fortification
[0] Aeron Damphair: You may immediately discard two Power tokens to discard Aeron Damphair and choose a different House Card from your hand (if able).

House Tyrell:
[4] Mace Tyrell: Immediately destroy one of your opponent's attacking or defending Footmen units.
[3] Ser Loras Tyrell: If you are attacking and win this combat, move the March Order token used into the conquered area to resolve again later this round.
[2] Ser Garlan Tyrell: 2 Swords
[2] Randyll Tarly: 1 Sword
[1] Alester Florent: 1 Fortification
[1] Margaery Tyrell: 1 Fortification
[0] Queen of Thorns: Immediately remove one of your opponent's Order tokens in any area adjacent to the embattled area other than the March Order token used to start this combat.

House Martell:
[4] The Red Viper: 2 Swords, 1 Fortification
[3] Areo Hotah: 1 Fortification
[2] Obara Sand: 1 Sword
[2] Darkstar: 1 Sword
[1] Nymeria Sand: If you are defending, this card gains a fortification icon. If you are attacking, this card gains a sword icon.
[1] Arianne Martell: If you are defending and lose this combat, your opponent may not move his units into the embattled area. They return to the area from which they marched. Your own units must still retreat.
[0] Doran Martell: Immediately move your opponent to the bottom of one Influence track of your choice.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Turn 2 orders

Tyrell may use the Messenger Raven to replace an order, or check the top Wildling card.

If we move to the Action phase as is, there are 3 Raid orders to resolve:
- Tyrell's Raid can't remove any order
- Lannister's Raid can only remove the Greyjoy Raid
- Greyjoy's Raid, if still there, could remove the Lannister Defense.

After that come March orders.

Small edit: I missed that the Tyrell raid is also adjacent to the defenst in East Summer Sea. That's raidable (though it won't really achieve anything)

Dancer fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Aug 26, 2017

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Not that it matters, but can't my special raid remove the defense token on Martell's ship?

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Yeah you could. I had to check. That is indeed a property of special raids.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Let's, in this case, just assume the Lannister raid takes its only valid target since that one can only raid a Lannister token. Tyrell and Lannister have no Marches, so it's Martell's turn to play.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

March Starfall to Prince's Pass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Sorry Tyrell, as I said that footman has been a rogue element since turn 1. Now that he's so far away from me, I've no control over him. My fleet captain says he tried to hitch a ride to Storm's End, but thankfully somebody around here respects my wishes.

• Locked thread