Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Is there a Pokken thread? I will get that game and I will want to have opinions in the right place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Bleck posted:

Is there a Pokken thread? I will get that game and I will want to have opinions in the right place

And so I can learn to read this:

Ventana posted:

Good thing a Machamp player made top 4 in the World Championship last weekend (and was in grand finals last year as well).

I don't play Machamp yet (I'll probably try to pick him up as a secondary) but in looking at what Azazel does, Machamp relies on using his good armor from the far-ranged CA and b.X in duel phase, good ways to close in space with his j.X in both phases, his Karate Chop in the air which nullifies projectiles and is very useful to close in, and his very strong shield which lasts a long while. He does have tools to get in on the opponent, but they require some kind of read (which is not unique in Grappler/Heavy character design in FGs).

He very much looks like the embodiment of "struggle to make the reads in neutral, great payoff when close in" in a game with strong zoning options. But he can still close in with proper reads (j.X is really really good for this). Needless to say, if you don't enjoy playing that style or enjoy learning to compete with it, maybe don't play that character?

But if it makes you feel better, he's looking to get some nice buffs from the arcade version. His c.X can now be canceled into a roll, which might make it a nice low profile movement tool to help out duel phase even more.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Guys, Stardew Valley isn't coming until the week after Thanksgiving.
Sorry.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

GreatGreen posted:

Zelda's Master Sword is still breakable even after the DLC.

All they said was that it would always be in powered up mode while useable. They never said anything about it being unbreakable:

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Fly with me posted:

Guys, Stardew Valley isn't coming until the week after Thanksgiving.
Sorry.

No

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Bleck posted:

Here's the old Wii U thread. Not sure if anybody is gonna want to make a new one though.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3768436

Edit: It looks like the kickstarter for that Re:Legend game that was talked about a while back is about to close. Looks like it did pretty well. It got all of its stretch goals including a Switch version if I'm reading it right and almost reached nine times its original goal. So that's something to look forward to.

Sam Faust fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Aug 25, 2017

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Sam Faust posted:

Here's the old Wii U thread. Not sure if anybody is gonna want to make a new one though.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3768436

Am I gonna get in trouble for necroing that thread, quoting Switch predictions with Gen 7 Pokemons, and saying "Nice."?

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

wuggles posted:

Am I gonna get in trouble for necroing that thread, quoting Switch predictions with Gen 7 Pokemons, and saying "Nice."?

Follow your heart.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
deleted this, wow I can't read, yeah a new switch thread would be cool but hopefully it'd be more detailed

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

triforce heroes two when

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Wendell posted:

RBI was beloved because it was little fat guys swinging licorice bats, making a realistic looking game with that name is foolish.

The best baseball game is and always will be Baseball Stars, with Base Wars at a respectable 2nd place.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

wuggles posted:

And so I can learn to read this:

What dont you understand? The button notation?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
If there's demand for a Pokken thread I could make it over again with more stuff, but I haven't played in a long time, that Discord link has expired, and I'm unsure where all the cool data stuff is.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Pokken DX is adding private lobbies like how Mario Kart does it so it's probably worth a new thread.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Evil Fluffy posted:

The best baseball game is and always will be Baseball Stars, with Base Wars at a respectable 2nd place.

Base Wars was my poo poo. Best NES baseball game ever. My brothers and I played the poo poo out of it.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
I'm excited to play Pokken again, especially with, y'know, people to actually play it with. I've got a few friends who love Tekken 7 but I have warned them that Pokken has much, much more simplistic inputs than Tekken, but they're still very interested.

Oh, and does the Pokken demo have functioning online?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Theta Zero posted:

I'm excited to play Pokken again, especially with, y'know, people to actually play it with. I've got a few friends who love Tekken 7 but I have warned them that Pokken has much, much more simplistic inputs than Tekken, but they're still very interested.

Oh, and does the Pokken demo have functioning online?

No

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
So are there any major first party games that have been announced coming out after Mario Odysee? If not that frees up November and December so I can start catching up on some of the games I missed afterwards (like BOTW and Mario Kart 8 DX)

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is supposedly coming out at the end of the year

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Macaluso posted:

So are there any major first party games that have been announced coming out after Mario Odysee? If not that frees up November and December so I can start catching up on some of the games I missed afterwards (like BOTW and Mario Kart 8 DX)

Just Xenoblade 2 I think.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Macaluso posted:

Xenoblade than Kirby and Yoshi games sometime next year.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Macaluso posted:

Yoshi and Kirby are both 2018, and anything else would have had to have already been announced I would think.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

SeANMcBAY posted:

Xenoblade than Kirby and Yoshi games sometime next year.

I forgot both Kirby and Yoshi are comin next year 2018 hype!!!!! Gimme dat Kirb

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Dizz posted:

If there's demand for a Pokken thread I could make it over again with more stuff, but I haven't played in a long time, that Discord link has expired, and I'm unsure where all the cool data stuff is.

You could always throw down a link to Pokken Arena. Afaik the guides and information are accurate and decent enough.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Macaluso posted:

I forgot both Kirby and Yoshi are comin next year 2018 hype!!!!! Gimme dat Kirb

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
e: nm

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
i feel it in my bones, this kirb will have the return of nightmare

Qubee
May 31, 2013

that kirby game looks like the good old halcyon days

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Q8ee posted:

that kirby game looks like the good old halcyon days

it looks the same as the last 3 kirby games which have all been incredible

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I need to finish Zelda but I want to do the whole Master Sword trial first.

Uggghhh, I can't decide.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Evil Eagle posted:

MRW I started reading this post

MRW I finished reading it

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Shinya Kumazaki (director of the modern Kirby games) is not the visionary Masahiro Sakurai is, but he executes well. Kirby is in good hands. Day 1

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Inzombiac posted:

I need to finish Zelda but I want to do the whole Master Sword trial first.

Uggghhh, I can't decide.

Do the trial first. There's a pretty cool cutscene afterwords that got me pumped to go beat the game after.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Is there a confirmed roster for Pokken yet? I haven't been paying much attention recently.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Evil Eagle posted:

Indeed. I wonder if it can top Robobot, which was the best of the lot. If it can, :swoon: Even if it can't, the series is in good hands, and I'm expecting to have a really good time with it anyway.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dizz posted:

Is there a confirmed roster for Pokken yet? I haven't been paying much attention recently.

the game finished making new content a long time ago it has the expanded roster from the arcade version and the owl from sun/moon so its like 21 main fighters and couple dozen assists

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Dr. Fetus posted:

Indeed. I wonder if it can top Robobot, which was the best of the lot.

Consider this: It's bringing back the power combining mechanic from Kirby 64

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Macaluso posted:

Oooh boy.

Robobot had a fair few nods to 64, along with the rest of the games. Hell, it kinda implies that Susie got sucked into the same alternate dimension the Sphere Doomers came from, along with reverse-engineering Pix. And I'm pretty sure Star Dream was the OS of a Nova.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Macaluso posted:

It appears to have the animal friends mechanic from Kirby's Dream Land 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Macaluso posted:

:flashfap:

Bongo Bill posted:

It appears to have the animal friends mechanic from Kirby's Dream Land 3.

If you're talking about Nago, that's just a cameo for Cleaning Kirby's dash attack.

• Locked thread