Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Dr. Fetus posted:

If you're talking about Nago, that's just a cameo for Cleaning Kirby's dash attack.

I just want Rick back. Giant hamster power gogogogo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

If you're talking about Nago, that's just a cameo for Cleaning Kirby's dash attack.

Oh. Well, that's cool too.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Inescapable Duck posted:

Oooh boy.

Robobot had a fair few nods to 64, along with the rest of the games. Hell, it kinda implies that Susie got sucked into the same alternate dimension the Sphere Doomers came from, along with reverse-engineering Pix. And I'm pretty sure Star Dream was the OS of a Nova.

The only Kirby game I've played recently was Rainbow Curse and, like. What have I been missing? :stare:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

This week's drop.

ACA NeoGeo Puzzled | NA | PAL | $7.99 / £6.29 / €6.99 (eShop Only)
forma.8 | NA | PAL | $9.99 / £8.99 / €9.99 (eShop Only)
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle | NA | PAL | $59.99 / £ ? / €59.99 (eShop / Retail) (Aug 29)
Minecraft Story Mode: The Complete Adventure | NA | PAL | $39.99 / £ ? / € ? (eShop / Retail) (Aug 22 NA / ? PAL)
Piczle Lines DX | NA | PAL | $14.99 / £13.99 / €14.99 (eShop Only)

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

EightFlyingCars posted:

The only Kirby game I've played recently was Rainbow Curse and, like. What have I been missing? :stare:
Triple Deluxe and (especially) Planet Robobot were so good. Robobot has a lot of fun powers, and the Mecha Suits are great fun.

e: Koei-Tecmo have announced 3 Warriors ports for Switch - Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires, Orochi Warriors 3 Ultimate and Samurai Warriors: Spirit of Sanada. They'll all be complete editions and will include all previously-released DLC. They're coming on November 9th in Japan, no word on a Western release yet but I would expect they will be coming.

http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/koei-tecmo-dynasty-warriors-8-empires-orochi-warriors-3-ultimate-samurai-warriors-spirit-sanada-switch/

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Aug 25, 2017

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

When is the review embargo up for Rabbids Xcom Give it to Ya?

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Can't wait to play XCom 2: War of the Chosen and Rabbids XCom on the same day!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/900746005368283137

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Real hurthling! posted:

What dont you understand? The button notation?

Pretty much. And I could look it up, I just wanted to be cheeky.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

We will probably have to wait half a year for TTG Batman Season 2 though. But still TTG Batman was good fun, if not slightly buggy.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 on the Nintendo Gamescom stream now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_mLCsRmBW0

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

finally, i can spend an entire game playing mario as the drunken loudmouth brooklyner he was meant to be

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Dizz posted:

Is there a confirmed roster for Pokken yet? I haven't been paying much attention recently.

Croagunk, Darkrai, Empoleon, Decidueye, Scizor. I think the only new assist set is Litten/Popplio

wuggles posted:

Pretty much. And I could look it up, I just wanted to be cheeky.

Apologies then, I always thought that notation was straightforward. j, b, and c are Jump/Back/Crouch abbreviated. The rest is just buttons. It's probably easier to read if you played the game and know the limited types of moves.

Ventana fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Aug 25, 2017

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Ventana posted:

Apologies then, I always thought that notation was straightforward. j, b, and c are Jump/Back/Crouch abbreviated. The rest is just buttons. It's probably easier to read if you played the game and know the limited types of moves.

None necessary. Your post was cool and informative. Can't wait for September 22.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
i thought the new xcom game was out today, what gives?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Vikar Jerome posted:

You thought wrong. Think Harder.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

irlZaphod posted:

Triple Deluxe and (especially) Planet Robobot were so good. Robobot has a lot of fun powers, and the Mecha Suits are great fun.

e: Koei-Tecmo have announced 3 Warriors ports for Switch - Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires, Orochi Warriors 3 Ultimate and Samurai Warriors: Spirit of Sanada. They'll all be complete editions and will include all previously-released DLC. They're coming on November 9th in Japan, no word on a Western release yet but I would expect they will be coming.

http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/koei-tecmo-dynasty-warriors-8-empires-orochi-warriors-3-ultimate-samurai-warriors-spirit-sanada-switch/

If they get physical Western releases, I will buy them all

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I got my Switch. I enjoy the clicks.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Let's a go
Yeah, yeah, yeah
Uh, yeah don't get it twisted
This arm cannon, is mine
Motherfucker, it's not, a loving, platformer
gently caress what you heard
It's a me, Mario
It's a me, Mario (listen)

First we gonna jump, then we gonna roll
Then we let it pop, don't let it go
Xcom give it to ya
He gon' give it to ya
Xcom give it to ya
He gon' give it to ya

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

PowerBeard posted:

Can't wait to play XCom 2: War of the Chosen and Rabbids XCom on the same day!

This has been legitimately tearing me apart for weeks. I'm a serious nerd who has put 100 hours into Xcom 2 but I also like Nintendo babby games.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

It's always been the 29th.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I'm making a push to finish BotW this weekend. Just got to finish the Goron's legendary beast and then straight to Hyrule Castle. I'm stoked.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I think I've done about 70 shrines and it feels like it's a good point to do Ganon now. I don't find as much "new" stuff as I did earlier.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I still have to do the loving robo-camel. Honestly I feel like I should do a few dozen more shrines to get my heart bar up a little but ehhh. Maybe I can do Ganon with what I have. This will probably be the first story-based game that I've finished since Fallout3.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The hidden Smash Bros powerup in Robobot was so good. I just want to play as Smash Kirby all the time.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I have three out of four beasts done and just a couple more towers left, too.

We are all trying to clear our plates for Mario + Rabbids, right

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I have three out of four beasts done and just a couple more towers left, too.

i gotta finish my side order of sonic mania coleslaw first

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
My plate is cleared for Stardew.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Sonic mania is a main dish

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

My gamefly games tend to come on Thursdays so I'm going to have a side order of Splatoon 2 Splatfest in my mario + rabbid playtime that weekend

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Despite being a digital guy I'm going to get Mario+Rabbids on cart. I'll beat it and sell it back in time for Odyssey.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

My initial goal was to clear it for Splatoon but I solved that by just not playing BotW and playing Splatoon instead.

Realistically I'll be trying to finish BotW by the end of the Switch lifecycle.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Beastie posted:

Despite being a digital guy I'm going to get Mario+Rabbids on cart. I'll beat it and sell it back in time for Odyssey.

My plan is to beat Splatoon 2 this weekend, trade it in for Rabbids, beat that by the end of September and trade that in towards an SNES mini (I have a preorder already).

I like Splatoon but I don't have the time to invest in leveling up in an online shooter to get to more content.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I have 93% in Lego City and I want to get 100% before I start Rabbids.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Pokken is nice but in a month also featuring Metroid, Dishonored, and Ruiner, I don't think I'd get it again unless it had more features besides the 5 characters

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I'm saving metroid and the M&L SS remake for thanksgiving/christmas plane trips

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

DLC Inc posted:

Pokken is nice but in a month also featuring Metroid, Dishonored, and Ruiner, I don't think I'd get it again unless it had more features besides the 5 characters

Nintendo has the exact video for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkMNgoUnLSM

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Almost 50 minutes of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 gameplay from GamesCom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h95c1c13yyQ

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

What if you wanted to play Pokken against a random stranger in a paddleboat on the Mekong River, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Depressing Box
Jun 27, 2010

Half-price sideshow.
Question for people who've beaten BotW:

Can you keep playing after beating Ganon? I really enjoy wandering around and exploring, but I also feel like it's about time I wrapped up the story.

• Locked thread