Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Nintendo?
This poll is closed.
Nintendon't 45 22.73%
Nintendoomed 22 11.11%
Nintendrone 13 6.57%
Nintendovahkiin 55 27.78%
Nintend'oh! 63 31.82%
Total: 198 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

More like Life Is Scabs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

And since there doesn't seem to be an equivalent to the Rewind mechanic that we've seen I'm guessing Before the Storm will play more like an average Telltale game except we already know the main characters are doomed from the start.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

exquisite tea posted:

More like Life Is Scabs.

Yeah the fact that the project is strikebreaking is enough of a dealbreaker for me, even if the striking actor is also working on the project in another capacity

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Don't post while driving

(I have posted in this thread while driving)

Don't worry, I'm a passenger. I get to sleep and browse these forums to pass the time

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

we're all passengers, on this crazy train called life

e: just got the song... hah

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yeah the fact that the project is strikebreaking is enough of a dealbreaker for me, even if the striking actor is also working on the project in another capacity

Maybe the strike will end before the game does and Burch can get back into the driver's seat for the remaining episodes (I highly doubt it though). There's also apparently a bonus episode for those who pre-order the game featuring Chloe and Max as kids (though I wouldn't hold your breath on them getting Hannah Telle back either).

To be honest I want to like this and the most recent trailer looked decent enough but overall everything about this project is rubbing me the wrong way. Hopefully the official sequel will be better.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Aug 25, 2017

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

gently caress YES

chumbler posted:

I'd rather see a Seiken Densetsu 3 remake, personally. I kind of wonder if they'd be able to pull off the same sort of combat system or go more of a Ys or FF15 route, though.

The remake of the first game was on Vita/Mobile. This one is on actual consoles and Steam, that's good chances for them moving forward with more and even giving more of a poo poo about them.

gently caress YES

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Looks good, maybe now there's finally a chance for Seiken Densetsu 3 to get released stateside (why is that the only Mana game that never left Japan anyway?)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Larryb posted:

Looks good, maybe now there's finally a chance for Seiken Densetsu 3 to get released stateside (why is that the only Mana game that never left Japan anyway?)

i'm not an expert but i think the reason given was "localization was still in its infancy at the time and was considered way too expensive for what they expected to make off exporting it"

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Larryb posted:

Came out too late in SNES's lifecycle to be worth translating and bringing to the west, and was supposedly a bitch to program stuff in, too.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Larryb posted:

At the time it was because of potentially game breaking bugs that Square didn't want to bother fixing, nowadays because it requires effort being put into translating an old 2D RPG.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

ted woolsey did nothing wrong

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Cowcaster posted:

ted woolsey did nothing wrong

ted faro on the other hand...

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Seeing Ted Woolsey's name credited at the end of Spelunky was a nice mindfuck at the time.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Macaluso posted:

One day they'll finally make Pokemon Snap 2 and all of you jerks will be sorry!!!!!!!!!!

It was called Pokemon go and it sucked

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

corn in the bible posted:

Pokemon Go did not in any way follow in the spirit of Snap

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

pokemon go snap!

like, oh snap

but go snap

there's something there someone help me out here

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

corn in the bible posted:

How THE gently caress dare you

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
hey you, pika2

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Man monster hunter world looks amazing

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I hope they keep remaking all the Yakuza games so that I can play all of them.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

pokemon snap 2 was breath of the wild and it ruled except for the combat and the no figurines from pictures

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

Have you never seen In Training posting before or what, his arguments aren't the same as everyone else's

Post big or go home is what I always say.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oddium posted:

pokemon snap 2 was breath of the wild and it ruled except for the combat and the no figurines from pictures

Aw they dont have figurines for the photos? I collected like every single one in WW, that was such a fun little side adventure

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
A lot of poor souls on Reddit in denial and still holding out hope cause the HL3 guy said that story was a fanfic based on a dream or something. Poor fools :(

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm going to read the 320 posts I missed overnight - wish me luck

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I did, and I say: don't bother

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm going to read the 320 posts I missed overnight - wish me luck

It's a roller coaster of a ride. Highs and lows and butts

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

People talking about things they don't like about video games

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

I did, and I say: don't bother

They need to learn about the Secret of Mana remake.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

Cowcaster posted:

pokemon go snap!

like, oh snap

but go snap

there's something there someone help me out here

More like, Pokemon...go to the polls...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hell I made a lot of those posts and I didn't even read them

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

It's like speedrunning, the more posts you make, the fewer you have to read to get to the end

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I just skipped them.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Speaking of Monster Hunter, one of my favorite things about it is the run animation is an "Oh poo poo" run.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I started playing King of Dragon Pass and while I am a clan of peace I am really loving up my neighbor. I'm not really good at civilization management games and since there isn't an option here for "build spaceships loaded with extinction bombs and have them non-nonchalantly orbit my 'allies' planets" option I don't know how I'm going to fare.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Cowcaster posted:

there is nothing that i can add to this conversation to make it better than it already is

So like every conversation then :haw:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

glam rock hamhock

why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...