Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
The sad thing is going by Summer's rant about Ethan is that he actually let her down pretty gentle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
Wonder how many Schmeckles Boobybuyer would have paid for Summers bigger boobs.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

Eifert Posting posted:

The sad thing is going by Summer's rant about Ethan is that he actually let her down pretty gentle.

I'd have to re-watch the episode to see what you mean, but Ethan still pulled a dick move. He may have let her down gently, but in the process he bailed on the plans they had to go camping or whatever, and took the new girl on the exact trip he was supposed to take Summer on. Maybe it's just me but that seems like kind of an rear end in a top hat thing to do.

Not that it justifies Morty turning him into a Cronenberg, but what're ya gonna do?

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

liquidypoo posted:

I'd have to re-watch the episode to see what you mean, but Ethan still pulled a dick move. He may have let her down gently, but in the process he bailed on the plans they had to go camping or whatever, and took the new girl on the exact trip he was supposed to take Summer on. Maybe it's just me but that seems like kind of an rear end in a top hat thing to do.

Not that it justifies Morty turning him into a Cronenberg, but what're ya gonna do?

Stop slut shaming Ethan

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

liquidypoo posted:

Cronenberging things is Morty's thing. Isn't it?

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
I'm just wondering what this means for the new Anatomy Park. Probably a bunch of new attractions.

As Nero Danced fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Aug 25, 2017

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Nuebot posted:

Cronenberging things is Morty's thing. Isn't it?

The episode was ultimately Morty's fault for asking for a superscience date-rape drug, but the Cronenberging was primarily the result of Rick's failure to understand biology.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

The episode was ultimately Morty's fault for asking for a superscience date-rape drug, but the Cronenberging was primarily the result of Rick's failure to understand biology.

I kinda want rick to be a lovely biologist when it comes to human beings. I know he's an omnidisciplinary super scientists and all but I think it'd actually help kinda underline his character in a pretty meaningful way if he just straight up didn't understand people on a level that impedes him. I mean I already know that ship has fuckken sailed but yaknow, that'd be my hot take.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
"I'm a scientist, biology isn't real science, I can eyeball this."

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Motherfucker posted:

I kinda want rick to be a lovely biologist when it comes to human beings. I know he's an omnidisciplinary super scientists and all but I think it'd actually help kinda underline his character in a pretty meaningful way if he just straight up didn't understand people on a level that impedes him. I mean I already know that ship has fuckken sailed but yaknow, that'd be my hot take.

Thinking back, biology seems to be a relatively weak spot for Rick. The whole Cronenberg incident, the fact that his big contribution to Anatomy World has more to do with pirates than anatomy, getting literally blindsided by the muscle memory arm, and even in the latest episode he needed to trap some little guys in his body modification ray to run tech support for him.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
But then there's Pickle Rick and the tea bagging mount in the latest episode

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Well he can do pickles, he's an expert botanist.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
jamming electrodes into something and making it dance around is just electrical engineering, and thats easy for rick

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Motherfucker posted:

Rick is channeling this XKCD:

Except he's far to the right of the mathematicians and his label is "interdimensional travel master"

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Shima Honnou posted:

Sometimes science is more art than science.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I liked Morty not realizing he was acting like Rick while at the same time trying to argue that Rick was terrible.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Shima Honnou posted:

He's like Reed Richards.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

vermin posted:

It's really a miracle that all the innocent deaths and destruction weren't directly Rick's fault this go around.

OzzyManReviews Voice: I reckon the theme of the episode is forgiveness. Jerry forgiving Rick, Rick forgiving Jerry, Summer forgiving her mother, Morty not forgiving Ethan for wrecking up his Vay-K; but most importantly, Risotto Groupon who couldn't forgive Big Dick Rick. All those innocent rich fucks got killed cause one prick just couldn't move on past his own YouTube drama. In the end, Rick, Jerry, and 'Sotto walked a cosmos in each other's shoes but Rick realized that nah yeah, forgiveness is good and everything but at this point you're just gonna try to start poo poo again.

I didn't realize how much I wanted this until now.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

prefect posted:

Sometimes science is more art than science.

A lot of people don't get that.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

As Nero Danced posted:

I'm just wondering what this means for the new Anatomy Park. Probably a bunch of new attractions.

1. That's not Anatomy Park Ethan. He got Cronenberg'd.
2. Rick pulled the plug on the project anyway after the committee downvoted Pirates of the Pancreas.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Motherfucker posted:

Also he sometimes briefly forgets the word for 'humans'

Guy A. Person posted:

I could go for some Ball Fondlers...

Well I got this:

The $ necklace is because it was for an impromptu cosplay thing and he didn't have dog tags handy

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Aug 26, 2017

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Fucccckkkk

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

AlternateNu posted:

1. That's not Anatomy Park Ethan. He got Cronenberg'd.
2. Rick pulled the plug on the project anyway after the committee downvoted Pirates of the Pancreas.

Oh yeah, I forgot. I wonder if Rick just left them in there.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I mostly just wonder if the people in Ethan got Cronenberged too.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Eifert Posting posted:

I mostly just wonder if the people in Ethan got Cronenberged too.

The flu viruses ate them. Obviously.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Risotto Groupon is a great alien name.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Fabricated posted:

Risotto Groupon is a great alien name.

And a terrible idea for a first date

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

crazy cloud posted:

And a terrible idea for a first date

Goddamnit I said I was sorry how many times do I have to apologise for that :mad:

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Ever Reaching, Never Grasping

It just dawned on me that Rick has all these go-go gadget implants we've never heard of or seen before because he's a brainalyzed Rick from Seal Team Rick

I'm not counting go-go Sanchez ski shoes

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
He's also got a swarm of Nano-machines in his top layer of skin so he's honestly probably at least some kind of bulletproof.

I appreciate that alcohol and drugs seem to be the only thing that can stop Rick

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Bust Rodd posted:

I appreciate that alcohol and drugs seem to be the only thing that can stop Rick

I actually think some of Rick's best work has been done while drunk/high.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Tom Gorman posted:

It just dawned on me that Rick has all these go-go gadget implants we've never heard of or seen before because he's a brainalyzed Rick from Seal Team Rick

I'm not counting go-go Sanchez ski shoes

Seal team Rick Rick was blown out of the sky after being brainalyzed over to another Rick with higher rank

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

He's in the Council of Ricks Rick iirc

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

MausoleumExtremist posted:

Seal team Rick Rick was blown out of the sky after being brainalyzed over to another Rick with higher rank

oh poo poo you're right, good call

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

a cock shaped fruit posted:

I actually think some of Rick's best work has been done while drunk/high.

same

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

What are the best B plots of Rick and Morty? I think "Keep Summer Safe" is top dog.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

What are the best B plots of Rick and Morty? I think "Keep Summer Safe" is top dog.

I dunno if it counts as a B-plot but the "Roy" arcade game is one of my favorite concepts on the show.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Mr Meseeks is the B plot for the episode, isn't it?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Pander posted:

Mr Meseeks is the B plot for the episode, isn't it?

Yeah, it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Is there a new one tonight?