Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
There's no reason for any wrestler to show even the slightest loyalty to this company. If you're stagnating in the midcard in WWE you can still make good money, if you tour the Indies you have some flexibility and get to work with people who are enthusiastic about what they're doing, if GFW isn't paying your bills then what good is it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Maxwell Lord posted:

There's no reason for any wrestler to show even the slightest loyalty to this company. If you're stagnating in the midcard in WWE you can still make good money, if you tour the Indies you have some flexibility and get to work with people who are enthusiastic about what they're doing, if GFW isn't paying your bills then what good is it?

'National exposure that the Indies can't give you', except TNA gets like 250,000 viewers each week, and between ROH on Sinclair, NJPW on AXS and NJPWWorld and all the other streaming services, you probably get just as many eyes on you as in TNA and you don't have to give them a 10% cut of your merch sales.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Germansimp posted:

'National exposure that the Indies can't give you', except TNA gets like 250,000 viewers each week, and between ROH on Sinclair, NJPW on AXS and NJPWWorld and all the other streaming services, you probably get just as many eyes on you as in TNA and you don't have to give them a 100% cut of your merch sales.

ftfy

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

And a 100% cut of your bookings on the indies if I remember correctly.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Germansimp posted:

'National exposure that the Indies can't give you', except TNA gets like 250,000 viewers each week, and between ROH on Sinclair, NJPW on AXS and NJPWWorld and all the other streaming services, you probably get just as many eyes on you as in TNA and you don't have to give them a 10% cut of your merch sales.

ROH alone gets more viewers than TNA.

Hell, NJPW on AXS has been estimated around 200,000.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Also in this wondrous future of the information superhighway and all things internetz and social media, surely if you bust your arse touring the country, you can get just as much of a buzz and expose your name to just as many, if not more, wrestling fans and promoters without going to GFW/TNA.
If you add to that how bad the TNA name is tainted, (even though I suppose it's GFW now), why would you want to sign if they aren't offering you the big bucks?

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!
IIRC Colt Cabana had mentioned on his podcast some years ago that he made about as much as a midcarder in the WWE. It required more hustle as you were your own manager/promoter but he still worked and traveled less than WWE peeps did.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Huh, somehow I always thought that Xavier was the first ROH Champion, I didn't know it was Low Ki

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

5 months must be a Low Ki record run.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Maxwell Lord posted:

I honestly think that some people are working there under the impression if they heat up GFW, they'll somehow benefit from it. I have no idea how they plan on doing that when the market barely sustains 2 nationally touring companies.

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
Man low ki is only 37; crazy how young and good he started and how long he's been out here (burning bridges).

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Willninho posted:

Man low ki is only 37; crazy how young and good he started and how long he's been out here (burning bridges).

I didn't know there were that many bridges tbh.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Low Ki & Austin Aries should form a tag team & work I quit matches across the world.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Testekill posted:

Low Ki & Austin Aries should form a tag team & work I quit matches across the world.

Los Insufferables de Norteamérica? :v:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
sun rises, sun sets, low ki quits

you can't explain that

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Mel Mudkiper posted:

sun rises, sun sets, low ki quits

you can't explain that

What's Enzo Love doing in the GFW Zone?!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Thing is, Low-Ki has burned so many bridges with his "I can't be booked to look bad ever" mentality, that when something legitimate like this comes along, he still looks like a whiny bitch.

I guess I'm still bitter about having to carry the stupid bastard out of a community center in Queens years ago.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Low Ki's still better than 95% of the guys out there, so he gets a pass from me

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Low Ki's greatest moment

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

coconono posted:

I honestly think that some people are working there under the impression if they heat up GFW, they'll somehow benefit from it. I have no idea how they plan on doing that when the market barely sustains 2 nationally touring companies.

I think most people with a recognizable name are just in GFW until their existing contract runs out, then they'll go elsewhere. Otherwise the new contracts make no sense for anyone to sign except for complete and utter idiots like Moose

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I am kinda surprised they didn't put low ki in the title race because he is certainly the biggest name they have(had) left

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
PWInsider says Low Ki wasn't released from his contract, just sent home - his contract's up in October:

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/111870/gfwlow-ki-update-gfw-at-triplemania-raves-for-johnny-impact-and-more-news.html?p=1

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Low-Ki is like someone asked "What if Bruiser Brody was 5'2" "

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I am kinda surprised they didn't put low ki in the title race because he is certainly the biggest name they have(had) left

They did. He was feuding with Del Rio in last month's aired stuff/the previous tapings before this, and was supposed to have at least a title match with Del Rio, if not win the belt, this month/tapings

Then everything with Paige and Del Rio happened, they suspended and stripped him, and all of Low Ki's plans got scrapped with it. He's in the battle royal for the vacant belt that airs tonight I believe, but obviously (spoiler) he doesn't win

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Also he's friends with Homicide who got let go prior to the last taping, so that probably pissed him off too

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Senshi owned in like 2007

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Senshi owned in like 2007

I'm positive I recall a great Paparazzi Production moment where THE Austin Starr got pissed at Nash and declared he was quitting, said,"Let's go, Senshi!" and walked out, then stopped when he realized he wasn't coming with him :)

Paparazzi Productions was legitimately great.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/900893880404541440

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

To be fair, I love John Morrison's ongoing habit of just changing his name at a whim

Johnny Blaze
Johnny Nitro
Johnny Del Mundo
Johnny Impact

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Johnny Johnsson

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

When he and Taya get married will he go by Johnny Valkyrie?

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
does anyone have that picture of a security guy picking up low ki and carrying him out to the back because he was throwing a tantrum at some show

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I wonder if we should create a memorial thread of things TNA actually did well

So far I have:

Beer Money
Samoa Joe/Daniels/Styles feud
Awesome Kong
Gail Kim

and gently caress that's it

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Jeff Jarrett MMA enthusiast.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I feel like all of those things were more the wrestlers doing well in spite of being at TNA

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

little munchkin posted:

does anyone have that picture of a security guy picking up low ki and carrying him out to the back because he was throwing a tantrum at some show

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

So far I have:

Beer Money
Awesome Kong
Gail Kim

Establishing Christian as more of a top guy than WWE thought him to be before.

Motivating Goldust to face his demons and work things out to have a few nice moments in WWE.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

So far I have:

Beer Money
Awesome Kong
Gail Kim

Someone was just discussing paparazzi productions, which is one of the best things they ever did.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

I love this picture because you have the ultimate self-mark, Low-Senshi-World-Warrior-Kaval, basically being carried around like a fussy baby by bigpeeler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Bubba Ray to Bully Ray was probably the best thing he's ever done