Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Herc ain't got nothing on Grailed Asterios.

:smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!
Ahh yeah that makes sense. I have been unlucky with 5* ce and only have heavens feel. I think I have a mlb dragons meridian on him.

That bond ce seems insane. 3 guts buffs along with his skill guts.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

cyxx posted:

Ahh yeah that makes sense. I have been unlucky with 5* ce and only have heavens feel. I think I have a mlb dragons meridian on him.

That bond ce seems insane. 3 guts buffs along with his skill guts.

And it's still less busted then what his regular FSN Noble Phantasm would give him.

Imagine having 12 Guts buffs.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Dr Pepper posted:

And it's still less busted then what his regular FSN Noble Phantasm would give him.

Imagine having 12 Guts buffs.
No need to imagine. We will get to face that in the future.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Sciencegar posted:

And what if you have a strict 'no quartz spent on anything but 10-rolls' policy? Because that's 'most efficient' and some people physically need to play their waifu game at maximum efficiency.

But yeah, I often wonder what the new player experience is like for people who weren't there week 1. I was able to get enough quartz together to do 5 10-rolls on the Gil banner, but without that, the extra critical xp successes, and other jump-starts, I don't know how anyone could catch up to me after these 2 months. And I wouldn't even consider myself that far in, my best servants are level 60, I have 1 5*, and all my Fous have been sacrificed to Medusa because I've decided I wanted to waifu her despite no casual bookworm outfit option.

It's weird.

I started this week, and have been playing for about three days now. Having only one 4* is noticeably different from the descriptions folks are talking about here, and it's very clear to me that the support lvl 90s are doing all the heavy lifting for me in missions. I've only just now gotten a couple 3*s that are worth while, and now that Robin Hood, Ushiwakamaru, and Marie (who functions pretty well as a tank, weirdly enough) are actually contributing to the team, things are going a little smoother, but it's pretty obvious that until I pull another 4* or a 5*, it's going to get rough down the road.

It's not particularly friendly, compared to most games, and feels very stingy with quartz compared to similar games and their "diamond" currency. The story is pretty interesting, though, so the game is holding my attention for now.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The jp version has a potato server and they gave like 30 quartz every week due to server maintenance but thank goodness hte NA one is not like that lol

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Just yesterday the JPN server went down for like 10 hours. 10 Quartz, 10 Golden Apples, and event extended by a day for everyone.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Toph Bei Fong posted:

but it's pretty obvious that until I pull another 4* or a 5*, it's going to get rough down the road.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58a7JASyw9Q

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Toph Bei Fong posted:

It's weird.

I started this week, and have been playing for about three days now. Having only one 4* is noticeably different from the descriptions folks are talking about here, and it's very clear to me that the support lvl 90s are doing all the heavy lifting for me in missions. I've only just now gotten a couple 3*s that are worth while, and now that Robin Hood, Ushiwakamaru, and Marie (who functions pretty well as a tank, weirdly enough) are actually contributing to the team, things are going a little smoother, but it's pretty obvious that until I pull another 4* or a 5*, it's going to get rough down the road.

It's not particularly friendly, compared to most games, and feels very stingy with quartz compared to similar games and their "diamond" currency. The story is pretty interesting, though, so the game is holding my attention for now.

Try rolling with Robin Hood/Marie/Jeanne Support/Mash/Medea/Hans. You'll kill things slowly-but-surely.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Even outside of apology quartz, I'd say FGO is actually pretty generous with premium currency, at least compared to the other two mobage I play. Two quartz a week from weeklies, 4 a week from login bonuses plus a ticket (not counting milestone rewards), that's three rolls a week for almost no effort. Then you have five tickets a month from the mana prism shop. So you have like 17.5 guaranteed rolls a month. Compare to the other two mobage I play regularly, Starlight Stage and Theater Days, which outside of login campaigns give something like 200 free gems a week between login bonuses and weekly missions, and you need 250 to do a single roll. Even with login campaigns, which give 50 gems a day for some period of time, that's 550 a week, for two rolls and change, or 10-11 rolls a month. Better gacha QoL in FGO would be nice of course, but they definitely don't skimp on handing out premium currency.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Only got back to internet access Saturday evening, so I didn't miss the entire Moon fest. I used up all my tickets, and my luck there was so-so; A Moon Cell, My first Alexander, +NP for Ushi and Marie, NP maxed (from 4) on Medea.

My drop luck was amazing though. 2 Moonlight Fests from drops, +1 from the shop, +2 Moon Cells + support Moon Fest meant +15 dango/drop. I managed to get the cheapest CE and every one of the Monuments and Pieces. squeaked by with like 9 dango left, but I got what I was after.

Now to try to get the... One moment, let me check... 12 fangs I need to get Liz's second ascension and the 3 Chaos claws for Cu's :suicide:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Ashsaber posted:

Now to try to get the... One moment, let me check... 12 fangs I need to get Liz's second ascension and the 3 Chaos claws for Cu's :suicide:

Liz and Cu are both my cool and cute friends, but yeah :suicide: indeed.

And it's not like any of it matters at the moment, I just like too many of these silly characters and I like making numbers go up.

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!
The NA servers are too solid. They've come up on or before the planned maintenance time the last 4 times (I am a little hazy on before that). I was promised we'd be drowning in apologems and apples, but I'm down to 4 apples. And I like using apples for dumb things! I need apples

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Toph Bei Fong posted:

It's weird.

I went through Orleans with Martha, the other 4* Rider comparable to Marie, 1* Kojirou, and the Story Servants as support. You do have to take a bit of time farming some of the exp dailies to get to around level 20-30 by the end of the chapter.

If you are using level 90 supports as the baseline power level that you'll need, don't do that. There's going to be almost no content that needs that amount of power for the next half a year or more.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Toph Bei Fong posted:

Having only one 4* is noticeably different from the descriptions folks are talking about here

I joined just after the extra free gold servant giveaway ticket thing stopped and the few gatcha quartz rolls I've made produced nothing, leaving me with only my single tutorial gold, TamamoCat (Lily doesn't count). Despite that I've not felt too badly constrained by my lack of gold servants, other than perhaps a slight regret that my FP income is crap. Hell I did all of Orleans and Septum using the Story NPC Support characters instead of grabbing some level 80+ support gold. Bronze and Silver servants can do just fine. Right now I'm saving up quartz and most summoning tickets for the Halloween Event in an effort to shoot for Tamamo-no-Mae, so it'll be a while before I'm even likely to get another gold servant.

My servant collection. The first two rows all see use (except Lily). I only recently got Medea and now that the moon goddess event is over I'm working on XPing her up (as well as Mister George now that I've ascended him again).

My setup is usually Tamamo Cat + Hans + Support with Cu, Robin, and Mash sitting in the back line. Don't really have a solid team strategy figured out though, I know the loose idea of Arts teams and Crit teams, but I haven't put much thought in putting it together. I kinda see potential in using Medea or Robin as offense alongside Hans plus a support Waver or Mister George tanking or something, but they're both still NP1 right now (as is Cu, sadly) so not super amazing with NP damage. (Meanwhile Romulus has NP5 the jerk, give those silver lancer cars to Cu bastard!)

Right now I'm wondering whether to third ascend Tamamo Cat or Hans, I got enough Homonculous Babies to do one, but not both. We probably aren't getting more babies until the Halloween event. :(

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

It really is a pretty big advantage to know everything that's gonna come out 2 years in advance.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Pureauthor posted:

It really is a pretty big advantage to know everything that's gonna come out 2 years in advance.

Yeah, and to have a good idea of their relative quality and desirability.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.
Any questions that should be asked at the Crunchyroll Expo?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Soylentbits posted:

Any questions that should be asked at the Crunchyroll Expo?
how big is spartacus's dick

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Protected tweets, what's it about?

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
In JP, looks like the tie-in stuff for the Prisma Ilya movie is up.

Nothing too fancy from the looks of it. A short quest series to get another lovely +50 mystic code xp CE, a gacha rate up banner for Ilya and a couple of new (I think?) CEs, and strengthening interludes for Ilya and Chloe. Ilya's NP gets a buff that probably won't be enough to make her not bad, and Chloe, already being kinda overpowered, just gets a gimmick effect on Kiss Demon to give an extra buff to friendly Ilyas.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
I'm very slightly bummed that they aren't doing a re-run of the Prillya event if only because I joined a little too late to get the broken absurdity that is Chloe the last time 'round.

At least the "buff" to Kuro is 100% a gimmick.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Ashsaber posted:

Only got back to internet access Saturday evening, so I didn't miss the entire Moon fest. I used up all my tickets, and my luck there was so-so; A Moon Cell, My first Alexander, +NP for Ushi and Marie, NP maxed (from 4) on Medea.

My drop luck was amazing though. 2 Moonlight Fests from drops, +1 from the shop, +2 Moon Cells + support Moon Fest meant +15 dango/drop. I managed to get the cheapest CE and every one of the Monuments and Pieces. squeaked by with like 9 dango left, but I got what I was after.

I put together a spreadsheet to keep track of materials and how many I need for each servant, and if I add up all of the Dragon Fang requirements for my current crew I need 79 for everyone. A lot of that is locked behind requirements for other materials/pieces/monuments that I am also behind on so there's little risk of being able actually able to do anything with 80 dragon fangs right now if I had them, but still.

This is why I quickly realized I needed to consistently dedicate at least some AP every day for Thiers, because otherwise I will never make any progress on that number.

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Yeah, the number of Dragon Fangs needesd for ascensions is annoying. Though currently the number of Void Dust I need is double that, but at least those will drop with some frequency from the dailies.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Alard posted:

Though currently the number of Void Dust I need is double that, but at least those will drop with some frequency from the dailies.

Enjoy it while you can; once they change to the class-based dailies Void Dust will get a lot harder to find.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I got about 80 Void Dusts from the 1/2 AP hell that was me trying to gather monuments for Jeanne, so that will keep me going for a t least a little while.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I hope Emiya was a good use of my 4 purple heart things. He certainly seems powerful. Now I need to farm dragon fangs and serpent eyes to catch everyone else up.

Sciencegar
Dec 21, 2013

I'm afraid its because of Super-Science.

Regular-Ass Science is innocent.
I'm trying to decide whether Serpent Jewels or Dragon Fangs are the worst to grind. Serpent Jewels are only available on fridays and have crazy low drop rate, but Thiers is just annoying and fiddly even if its always available, and the number of drops can't make a dent in my actual fangs needs.

The difference between a 1% chance to drop something I need 4 of, versus a 10% chance to drop something I need 40 of. They are similar, but distinctly flavored, kinds of despair.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

SpaceDrake posted:

Protected tweets, what's it about?

Huh, it wasn't originally.

Anyway, it was a picture of someone scooping Gil's face out of a latte foam art pic of him.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Sciencegar posted:

I'm trying to decide whether Serpent Jewels or Dragon Fangs are the worst to grind. Serpent Jewels are only available on fridays and have crazy low drop rate, but Thiers is just annoying and fiddly even if its always available, and the number of drops can't make a dent in my actual fangs needs.

The difference between a 1% chance to drop something I need 4 of, versus a 10% chance to drop something I need 40 of. They are similar, but distinctly flavored, kinds of despair.
Thiers sucks but I can usually get like...4-5 fangs each week dedicating about 30 AP to it each day. That'll add up over time. Plus in a given week I'll usually also get a handful of Rider gems, Void Dusts, and even Berserker pieces/monuments so I'm at least getting something out of it. Just don't put all of your eggs/AP into one basket and sink an entire day into it (basically what I did at Gaul) because then you will wind up crying over what amounts to a missed day.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Yeah meanwhile I sunk like a 120AP into today's 10AP Daily and got 1 Fang out of the deal. Hahahahaaaa

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I need those Gorgon Eyes, brah. Please give me some.

Edit: Just spent two entire AP bars (got a level up) on the 20 AP daily and got bupkiss.

MonsieurChoc fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Aug 25, 2017

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
I have 9 hearts and absolutely nothing to use them on. Bleh.

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?
Just got 6 dragon teeth in a row from the 10AP daily and felt like I needed to tell someone about it. Thanks for reading.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

The Manticore posted:

Just got 6 dragon teeth in a row from the 10AP daily and felt like I needed to tell someone about it. Thanks for reading.

I believe those are mine, please give them back.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

The Manticore posted:

That's where all the RNG luck went.... :negative:

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

I've got 6 hearts, I've got Medea and Orion that use them. What other servants are there that need them?

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Tribladeofchaos posted:

I've got 6 hearts, I've got Medea and Orion that use them. What other servants are there that need them?

That are out now (either skill or ascension):

- SAlter
- Gilg
- Emiya
- Waver
- Medusa
- Marie Antoinette
- Camilla
- Heracles
- Tama Cat

http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/Heart_of_a_Foreign_God

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Tribladeofchaos posted:

http://fgosimulator.webcrow.jp/Material/

set language to english, then click on "Reverse Lookup" and click on the heart.

All the good Servants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Jeeeez good thing the only servants i have out of this list are Orion, Medea and Medusa. Now I just need to decide who deserve them more.