Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
PBUC.

My wife has chronic back pain, so a while back, she tried a ThermaCare heat wrap on her lower back, and it gave her some relief. When I found out they had them at Costco, I stocked up on several packages when they went on sale. Anyway, time passed, she recently needed to use another heat wrap, and it ended up burning her skin! After we got her feeling better, I decided to return all the unopened packages for a refund. I didn't have my receipt, but figured they could look them up for me.

Well, what I didn't realize was just how long ago I bought them. Over two years ago, and a few of the packages had even expired! I was really embarrassed because I hadn't thought to check that, and I honestly didn't remember how long ago I bought them. But the good folks at the return counter called a manager over, and they decided to refund MOST of the ones I had bought -- all but the oldest, longest-ago expired packages.

I was pleasantly surprised, considering they could have told me to go gently caress myself and offered me nothing in return (as most stores would have). I figured I would try the return anyway, just in case, but it definitely went better than I expected, especially given the details. Impeccable customer service. I remain a loyal Costco member, now more than ever.

PBUC, my friends, PBUC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rylkat
Aug 24, 2009
I got my Executive Membership rebate the other day. Went shopping at Costco today:

The poor cashier gave me the whole amount in cash. Almost emptied out her drawer. PBUC

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

What's that like $20 in real money?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i thought arrondissments were those areas in Paris or whatever :confused:

Rylkat
Aug 24, 2009

Chinatown posted:

i thought arrondissments were those areas in Paris or whatever :confused:

It can mean "borough", but in this context it means "rounding", because we don't use pennies here anymore.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Rylkat posted:

we don't use pennies here anymore.

insanity!

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.

Chinatown posted:

Yes. Did she get a dog too?

She did. Kraut, deli mustard, relish, Parmesan and peppers.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

The North Tower posted:

She did. Kraut, deli mustard, relish, Parmesan and peppers.

lock that poo poo up yo

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I still like Costco hot dogs.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
[quote="“CAPT. Rainbowbeard”" post="“475762433”"]
I still like Costco hot dogs.
[/quote]

Hmm... same

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
It's National Hot Dog Day!

I'm gonna go to Costco later. All I have on my list is coffee and protein powder. I'm going to start weight lifting soon.

That's not enough for a Costco run. I'm going to try to find some meals for a sad, single, lonely person who lives by himself. It's always hard to shop there for one person. Somehow I think I'll manage.

Also I'll probably get some gas since Texas is getting hosed and prices might go up soon.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I got $318 for my executive cash back, spent nearly all of it at costco today.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Rylkat posted:

I got my Executive Membership rebate the other day. Went shopping at Costco today:

The poor cashier gave me the whole amount in cash. Almost emptied out her drawer. PBUC

Wait wait so you spent over 36,000 euros at Costco last year? Because that's baller son :chaostrump:

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
He lives in Quebec.. not sure why he even blurred the address, it's pretty easy to decipher

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
still pretty baller

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Gas prices going up everywhere.

Not Costco. :grin:

No Premier Protein shakes here. :stare:

Edit 2:. OH poo poo I FOUND IT!

It's on an island display far from all of the other protein.

$20 for 18 shakes with 30g of protein. Hell yeah.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Aug 26, 2017

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Hate to stop this in the Stco thread, but order OptimumNutitiom premium whey protein powder from amazon

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

poisonpill posted:

Hate to stop this in the Stco thread, but order OptimumNutitiom premium whey protein powder from amazon

Actually don’t, Costco has you covered!

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Went to church twice this week, praise be

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
Forgive me thread, I have sinned. I thought I had a box of t he 'co litter before I dumped the cat box, yet I didn't. I ended up getting inferior litter at the local grocery instead. May my cats forgive me.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

poisonpill posted:

ON is like $58 for 6.5lb at Costco, a better deal than Amazon. PBUC.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

poisonpill posted:

It goes on sale for like $15 off every 6 months. Stock up on chocolate and vanilla!

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

AnakinSkywalkerKneeling.gif
I'm sorry for doubting you

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Gas prices going up everywhere.

Not Costco. :grin:

Edit 2:. OH poo poo I FOUND IT!

It's on an island display far from all of the other protein.

$20 for 18 shakes with 30g of protein. Hell yeah.

tha costco life rite here

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Costco gives 2% back on travel now, nice!

For executive members only, of course.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Very loudly cackling @ anyone not executive level

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Very loudly cackling @ anyone not buying pub mix at the executive level

Prude
Nov 28, 2010

by Reene
there should be levels beyond executive tbh

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

My TV just died this weekend, and Costco's running a 15% discount on Samsung prices, add 2% for executive membership, 2% for the Citi card for a total of 19%. And it comes with a 4 year warranty. Not bad!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Prude posted:

there should be levels beyond executive tbh
And this. . . Is to go. . . BEYOND EXECUTIVE
:buys hot dog and burger: :ssj:

Actually one of the CostCos by my home is piloting the 5 Guys Burger. I should try it some day.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Fuckin right you should

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

SpannerX posted:

Forgive me thread, I have sinned. I thought I had a box of t he 'co litter before I dumped the cat box, yet I didn't. I ended up getting inferior litter at the local grocery instead. May my cats forgive me.

purple bag? on sale in the new ad. good stuff.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

FilthyImp posted:

Actually one of the CostCos by my home is piloting the 5 Guys Burger. I should try it some day.

If it didn't have the half gallon of thousand island it would be great, as is it is just a generic pos

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
The Costco in Santa Monica has an In n Out in the parking lot, every time I'm there I look at the line for the drive thru and then I go get a dog with a free refill.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Bucnasti posted:

The Costco in Santa Monica has an In n Out in the parking lot, every time I'm there I look at the line for the drive thru and then I go get a dog with a free refill.

That's everything in Santa Monica tho

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

insulated staircase posted:

purple bag? on sale in the new ad. good stuff.

The stuff we get here is in a white and green box, but it's great. Boxes are super heavy duty as well.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
It's going to be approximately as hot as Satan's anus after Habanero-Ghost Pepper Curry Night in the L.A. area this week so praise be unto the cart wranglers, who may die for your cart related sins.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

FilthyImp posted:

Five Guys rules and if they are going in Costco's I may never eat anywhere else.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

I wish death upon the heretics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Get one of those things they put on the Shermans in WWII to cut through the hedge groves and mount it to your cart.

Blaze a trail right through them.