Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
How many grams of protein do you think Goku gets per day?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
this blue me away

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

KyloWinter posted:

How many grams of protein do you think Goku gets per day?

Well this was his shopping list in Super

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

Firstborn posted:

What even are the last two animals? Is the very last one horse???

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Super Rad posted:

horse sushi

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Super Rad posted:

Yeah he specifically says "drat i forgot to get horse meat"

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
Pretty sure second-to-last is lamb

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
people eat horse, news at 11

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Firstborn posted:

goku is illiterate, confirmed.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

Kurtofan posted:

people eat horse, news at 11

My mom mentioned eating horse a few times growing up but it was never a thing when I lived in Europe - I mean obviously it's a big world where people eat dogmeat in certain regions but... idk doesn't DB take place in the future?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I love Goku's SSJBKK super move being the thing where he flew inside his own Kamehameha to punch Hit from the U6 tournament. Owns

Also Vegeta has that rapid beat down from the sky he did on Goku Black, which is good too

I wanted the father son galick gun though

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i wanna play dis game

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Kinda disappointing they're both just pallet swaps but I guess they did wear those outfits at one point.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
16 seems a little underwhelming to me. I get filling the grappler niche in a fighting game but he seems really boring compared to the other characters. Also his animation seems pretty crap compared to the others but that may be something they're still working on.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Some dev gameplay footage , a couple of combos I haven't seen

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Super Rad posted:

My mom mentioned eating horse a few times growing up but it was never a thing when I lived in Europe - I mean obviously it's a big world where people eat dogmeat in certain regions but... idk doesn't DB take place in the future?

Dragonball takes place in a magical fantasy world.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Super Rad posted:

they ain't gonna eat the king, that's for sure

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Where's the idea that DB is set in the future from? Was that some dub thing I've never heard of? I've seen it come up a few different places recently.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

sassassin posted:

Dragonball takes place in a magical fantasy world.

"Four legs good, two legs better," Oolong says as he picks up 35kg of pork from the grocery store.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
So how do you deal with the teleport? It seems like the sort of thing that would seriously wreck zoning if there's no a hard counter to it like there is for the dash

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Super Rad posted:

The whitest post

Lynx Winters
May 1, 2003

Borderlawns: The Treehouse of Pandora

darealkooky posted:

So how do you deal with the teleport? It seems like the sort of thing that would seriously wreck zoning if there's no a hard counter to it like there is for the dash

2C

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

AnonSpore posted:

The whitest post

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

darealkooky posted:

It's actually not that fast and doesn't track at all. So if you're moving forward those will wiff entirely, same if you're moving up/down fast enough. 2H should also beat them clean as mentioned.
Some assists might also cover you from them pretty easily. I would bet 18's barrier does for example. And Piccolo can protect himself with his seeking fireballs too.

Also, they cost a meter to use and it doesn't seem like you can reliably get good damage off them (might be location specific though).

This game seems like it probably uses an attribute system for AA invuln, I've never seen 2H get beaten by an air physical attack.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

AnonSpore posted:

The whitest post

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Something that I think might be fun to add given the source material would be bystanders match commentators. Start us off with Shin as the boring option, but let us unlock or buy fun ones.

Imagine Mr. Satan telling the viewers to give the fighters their energy, or Beerus losing his poo poo the less people you have left, or Gowasu treating this like a Godtube LP.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Kelp Plankton posted:

Where's the idea that DB is set in the future from? Was that some dub thing I've never heard of? I've seen it come up a few different places recently.

Dbz super reveals that the dbz earth is in universe 7. The universe 6 earth is revealed to be a barren rock destroyed by human warfare and is assumed to be our irl earth. Its not clear when the destruction occurred

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I mean DB is set in a magical world with super-technology where dinosaurs still exist and the world is ruled by King Dogman. "Future" is sort of a meaningless term in comparison.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

Kelp Plankton posted:

I've never heard it specifically mentioned in any DB material but there's capsule corp and hovercars and time machines - tech that's must have screamed 'this is futuristic poo poo' in 1984. But yeah as stated if the King is fine with Goku ingesting, presumably tons of, horsemeat ever year then who am I to pass judgement?

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

They also have hyperbolic time chambers which seem pretty futuristic to me. You see more of the world in the original Dragon Ball manga. Z kinda forgets to "world build" and just focuses on the fights/plot.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
"hyperbolic time chamber" is one of the many nonsensical dub choices, it's just "room of time and space" and is pretty clearly magic

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Ulio posted:

They also have hyperbolic time chambers which seem pretty futuristic to me. You see more of the world in the original Dragon Ball manga. Z kinda forgets to "world build" and just focuses on the fights/plot.

Having played the lovely pencil & paper rpg, it's pretty hard to make people give a poo poo about the landmass when they can fly and teleport and break down buildings and stuff. In Super they put Goku and Krillin in a magic forest that suppresses their flight, kind of.

Wait what were we talking about

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Blockhouse posted:

"hyperbolic time chamber" is one of the many nonsensical dub choices, it's just "room of time and space" and is pretty clearly magic

We're all in rooms of time and space.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Blockhouse posted:

"Hyperbolic Time Chamber" is one of the most amazing names for anything ever and it was an amazing dub choice.

The training mode, as well as the combo practice mode, better have Mr. Popo teaching you moves in the hyperbolic time chamber. Or be on King Kai's planet where he berates you for dropping combos multiple times in a row.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

There better be a king kai stage where you're loving up his house and hes complaining non stop

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Spanish Manlove posted:

"Hyperbolic Time Chamber" is one of the most amazing names for anything ever and it was an amazing dub choice.

this but also special beam cannon

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Real hurthling! posted:

There better be a king kai stage where you're loving up his house and hes complaining non stop

king kai's planet as a stage and if you use an explosion super the entire planet is destroyed and you fight on the debris

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
the dub is better at naming things than toriyama

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
destructo disc used to be energy circle clash gently caress that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU