Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
http://www.metalsucks.net/2017/08/2...e-supremacists/

excuse me while I vomit everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

Nazi's have the right to make music, labels have the right to publish it or not, people have the right to not give money to labels that give money to nazis. Seems fine to me. Though the amount of racism in metal does make me want to vomit as well, sometimes.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Anal Blasphemy posted:

gently caress OFF METALSUCKS WEAKLINGS!
SUPPORT HELLS HEADBANGERS!
Things are getting more and more ridiculous and out of hand. I try to stay away from commenting all this idiocy and just concentrate on SATAN and BLASPHEMY but GIVE ME A loving BREAK HERE! Attacking Hells Headbangers is an attack to all self respecting (Black) Metal people out there and a stand has to be made! I won't copy the link here to prevent those cunts getting more clicks but you have probably read the news already. BLACK METAL is about HATE, DESECRATION and VIOLENCE! If you can't deal with it go listen to loving Nickelfuck! I want to see Black Metal dangerous again and if not dangerous per se at least not publicly accepted because the themes it carries within it should be anything but acceptable for a normal society. And that has been the very essence of Black Metal from the beginning. The "grown up" Norwegian BM legends and other fucks who have turned it into a plain musical genre don't know poo poo. Hail the underground, HAIL TRUE BLACK METAL, HAIL SATAN!
MAKE BLACK METAL HATED AGAIN!

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Make Black Metal Dangerous Again By Keeping It Exactly the Same As It's Been For Thirty Years

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Everyone in metal is secretly a Nazi.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Except Phil Anselmo.

He's pretty open about it.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjF1rmSV1dM

what a waste of Loomis' talent

the lyrics are super cringey and the song title, for gently caress's sake Amott come on

and just loving lol at Alissa doing an impression of an eagle in the first few seconds

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

Is Arch Enemy actually some kind of ongoing experiment to make the most boring metal possible? In a way they were a stepping stone for me to get into heavier metal, Burning Angel was on a free CD I got and it was the first song I liked with no clean vocals, but even with that in their favour I just can't enjoy anything else they've done.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Even at their peak they were a pretty unremarkable band. If you're a Michael Amott freak for some reason he's been in at least three better bands.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
AE is coming to a Hot Topic near you!

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

it's funny how everyone bitches about metalsucks being nothing more than sjw cuck clickbait these days when by far their most popular articles are whatever's gonna bring out the maga chud brigade the hardest

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

il_cornuto posted:

Is Arch Enemy actually some kind of ongoing experiment to make the most boring metal possible? In a way they were a stepping stone for me to get into heavier metal, Burning Angel was on a free CD I got and it was the first song I liked with no clean vocals, but even with that in their favour I just can't enjoy anything else they've done.

I liked the Liiva era the best personally and I actually kinda liked their first one with Alissa but this poo poo sucks

TollTheHounds
Mar 23, 2006

He died for your sins...

kumba posted:

the lyrics are super cringey and the song title, for gently caress's sake Amott come on

and just loving lol at Alissa doing an impression of an eagle in the first few seconds

Eagle Pose? More like Camel Toe :eyepop:

I remember a time when I liked old Arch Enemy ( pre-sex pot lead singers ) but it feels to me like every single song is the same. I mean EVERY SINGLE song, sounds identical to the last. I can't imagine suffering through a whole album, I couldn't even make it through this whole song. The weird thing is it's not really BAD, it has elements that should make it good, but since the riffs sound the same as they did 20 years ago it's just painful, and the obvious pandering to people who wouldn't give a gently caress about them if their lead singer wasn't hot leaves a bad taste in my mouth. It doesn't help that Alyssa's vocals are so monotone, I think she has a good range in general so loving use it. Just like with Loomis, what a waste.

I get this impression that Amott is weird and controlling as gently caress too, I remember when Alyssa was first brought on, and they did like the first interview with her and Michael talking about the change, and everything she said was super scripted and they would pan to him and you could see him boring his eyes into her making sure she didn't gently caress up and say something wrong.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

kumba posted:

I liked the Liiva era the best personally
He was not a good singer and they pretty egregiously ripped off other bands' riffs (Blue Öyster Cult, Ozzy Osbourne) during that period, but it's the only time they didn't suck

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

There is going to be a new The Chasm album this year and there are some samples of it here: https://luxinframundisproductions.bandcamp.com/album/a-conscious-creation-from-the-isolated-domain-sampler

it's not really grabbing me immediately like a lot of the older stuff does but it's not bad either.

Van Dis
Jun 19, 2004
What are some good new releases in prog (aside from King Goat and Persefone), thrash (aside from Running Death, Prayers of Sanity, and Lethal Shock), and experimental metal? Specifically I'm looking for bands that don't use death growl vocals. Both albums and EPs are fine.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Van Dis posted:

What are some good new releases in prog (aside from King Goat and Persefone)
Some of these are more prog-rock than prog-metal, but Soen (they only mostly sound like Tool now!), Voyager, or Disperse.

New Caligula's Horse is coming out soon too.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Van Dis posted:

What are some good new releases in prog (aside from King Goat and Persefone), thrash (aside from Running Death, Prayers of Sanity, and Lethal Shock), and experimental metal? Specifically I'm looking for bands that don't use death growl vocals. Both albums and EPs are fine.

If you can stand something a bit lighter, Leprous' new album just dropped.

And yeah, Arch Enemy are so ridiculously repetitive its insane. That song was incredibly hard to get through.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Van Dis posted:

The new Manilla Road album, To Kill a King, is pretty windy and ong-winded and proggy, if you're into old-school heavy metal riffs as well. And in the same vein (as in same guitarist/vocalist), the new Hellwell, Behind the Demon's Eyes.

For thrash, Urn and Antichrist.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Van Dis posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33OMuGfNQUs

This might not meet your criteria, but it loving owns

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

One thing the article omits is the huge amount of hard left-wing bands HHR distributes, too. When Rotten UK played HHB3 the vocalist even made a mention that even though they're playing with a lot of bands with openly fascist ideals, RUK does not stand for that nonsense.

For instance, I even just got an e-mail from them today saying they restocked a ton of Agathocles titles, too.

A TURGID FATSO fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Aug 26, 2017

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
When you start a metal label, the Grind Fairy leaves the Agathocles discography under your pillow.

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

I'd like to think there's a difference between being right wing and a white supremacist though.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

kumba posted:

Cringey lyrics in metal, oh my.

I miss Angela, the new singer don't have the same width of expression as she did. Arch Enemy have made some legit good records, which I guess doesn't jive with this thread where half the point is hating everything successful in metal, discuss extremely unknown death/black metal bands in an effort to gather nerd points and finishing every discussion with Bolt Thrower.

In other news, been listening to Decapitateds latest Anti-Cult and it is like listening to The Haunted under Marco Aro i.e. pretty loving great.
How are their earlier records?

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Cardiac posted:

which I guess doesn't jive with this thread where half the point is hating everything successful in metal

why should success automatically exempt something from criticism?

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

Cardiac posted:

which I guess doesn't jive with this thread where half the point is hating everything successful in metal, discuss extremely unknown death/black metal bands in an effort to gather nerd points and finishing every discussion with Bolt Thrower.

I like plenty of successful/popular stuff, Arch Enemy are just very boring in my opinion. A lot of this thread's posters' tastes do run towards the more extreme end of metal, which is obviously going to be less mainstream, but there are plenty of fans of more popular bands - Mastadon, Devin Townsend and Deathklok all have their fans in here for example. Not to mention successful classic bands - sure, people might hate Metallica now but Death, Napalm Death and Darkthrone for example are all held in high regard, and they are hardly "extremely unkown". Hating things just because they are successful is stupid but so is assuming that people are only pretending not to like them.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Cardiac posted:

I miss Angela, the new singer don't have the same width of expression as she did. Arch Enemy have made some legit good records, which I guess doesn't jive with this thread where half the point is hating everything successful in metal, discuss extremely unknown death/black metal bands in an effort to gather nerd points and finishing every discussion with Bolt Thrower.

In other news, been listening to Decapitateds latest Anti-Cult and it is like listening to The Haunted under Marco Aro i.e. pretty loving great.

A lot of the most commercially successful metal bands are very bad, and plenty of the black/death bands discussed in here are well known to people who like that kind of metal. If a really obscure band gets posted, then that's usually because someone thinks it's good and wants to share it.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Cardiac posted:

Lol this thread is always loving talking about Arch Enemy or some other super mainstream poo poo. This ain't no What.CD metal thread.

R.I.P. What.CD

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Cardiac posted:

Shut the gently caress up

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
if you're not into bolt thrower, then you are not my friend

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

ARCH THROWER

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

God drat this is stupid as poo poo. And that opinion has nothing to do with the band's popularity because this is the first time I've even heard of them.

Unrelated, here's something that doesn't suck that is also surprising that I haven't heard them until now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBfoMgllphs

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

P sure Jeff is in this for the money.

Elrobot
Dec 28, 2004
Press the buttons all at once, all of the time

Von Sloneker posted:

When you start a metal label, the Grind Fairy leaves the Agathocles discography under your pillow.
lolol

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Minto Took posted:

P sure Jeff is in this for the money.

there was some interview with mike amott the other day and yeah he's essentially a hired gun and not allowed to write anything

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Spatulater bro! posted:

Unrelated, here's something that doesn't suck that is also surprising that I haven't heard them until now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBfoMgllphs

I prefer this version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRg8KjYROkM

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

The Muppets On PCP posted:

there was some interview with mike amott the other day and yeah he's essentially a hired gun and not allowed to write anything

When I read that I immediately got the inference that Loomis would write stuff that both might not fit with the Arch Enemy sound, and Amott definitely wouldn't be able to play it because his only claim to fame should be "Heartwork" (which lets be honest, is pretty god drat boring).

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Kinda reminds me of this: (yeah I know StevieT is cringey, but this cracks me up)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8u1IpUPo-A

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

A TURGID FATSO posted:

When I read that I immediately got the inference that Loomis would write stuff that both might not fit with the Arch Enemy sound, and Amott definitely wouldn't be able to play it because his only claim to fame should be "Heartwork" (which lets be honest, is pretty god drat boring).

Heartwork is great and more importantly he was part of Necroticism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

A TURGID FATSO posted:

Loomis forgot how to write good riffs after This Godless Endeavor anyway.