Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

this thread is cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
I would just like to announce that I am independently wealthy too.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
51k on Mayweather at -357

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."

Fozzy The Bear posted:

I would just like to announce that I am independently wealthy too.

How much are you wagering on mayweather?

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

jase1 posted:

How much are you wagering on mayweather?

All my bitcoins are on Conner.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
If you have bitcoins you aren't independently wealthy.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

jase1 posted:

If you have bitcoins you aren't independently wealthy.

A slave to fiat currency is telling us bitcoin millionaires about independence? Laughable!

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
69k on Adolf Hitler at -420

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I am a trash man can one of you rich guys gently caress my wife

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

henkman posted:

51k on Mayweather at -357

drat, that is a cool and extremely bad rear end number.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Ty1990 posted:

I am a trash man can one of you rich guys gently caress my wife

Send nudes first please.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I was not excited about this fight but hearing about the betting is making me excited. Not excited for the fight itself mind, just for the excitement surrounding it.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jase1 posted:

It took a ton of negotiating and lots of fancy presents but after speaking with the wife I am now allowed to place a huge bet on the Mayweather fight. I can't bet pro football for 6 weeks if Iose so here we are. Facetimed with the bookie last night and he said the Mayweather fight is now at Floyd -357 I am stunned at how low it is and spent all night making a deal with the wife so I can place a substantial bet on the fight. Confirmed with the bookie that he wont cancel this bet and he also is letting me go over my max limit for this because he is laying off most of the action anyways. I guess he has a ton of people betting loads of money on Conor which blows my mind. So after a new bedroom set, a new dog named floyd by the way (was the only way I would let her get one) and some new privacy landscaping around our lanai, I can now announce my bet.

50k on Mayweather at -357. Largest bet I have ever placed in my life and I am super confident in this bet. I know the fix may be in but the rush will be worth it.

You have found a way to make me interested in a lovely gimmick boxing match (and not even a good Japanese freakshow fight). I salute you sir.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

congrats jase

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
JASE

WON

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Hahaha people though Conor had a chance what a bunch of idiots. Drank a bottle of scotch and now it's time to kick everyone out and sleep this poo poo off and tell my wife I told her so.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Good poo poo jase

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

jase1 posted:

Hahaha people though Conor had a chance what a bunch of idiots. Drank a bottle of scotch and now it's time to kick everyone out and sleep this poo poo off and tell my wife I told her so.

Jase be honest with me, were you sweating a little in the early rounds

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
congrats to jase and to the vegas sports books

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Not at all. I have watched boxing all my life. It went exactly as I told all the people at my house. Conor will gas and floyd will win. Didn't think it would be stopped though I thought floyd would coast to an easy decision. I sweated Robbie Lawlers fight where I won 30k more than this I was that confident or I wouldn't have bet so much.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

jase1 posted:

Not at all. I have watched boxing all my life. It went exactly as I told all the people at my house. Conor will gas and floyd will win. Didn't think it would be stopped though I thought floyd would coast to an easy decision. I sweated Robbie Lawlers fight where I won 30k more than this I was that confident or I wouldn't have bet so much.

Lol I remember that fight and sweating your bet also

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

15k and right with the wife good deal. congrats my goon :)

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

I was at that lawyer fight! Bought my wife loubitons and she hosed my brains out for the rest of the time in Vegas.

If you look at my betting trend I never bet high favorites it's just not worth it in the long run. I like underdogs or even fights. The few times I did bet a high favorite I lost. I bet manny vs Bradley and Anderson be weidman. Lost both of those and I think the odds were right around the same as this fight.

Thankfully gullible MMA fans bet on Conor so I could get -357. It opened at like -2000 which is why I said I wouldn't bet this fight. My bookie made a killing tonight he only had 25 people bet mayweather and like 100 or so bet on Conor. He bet a shitload on mayweather too we both just couldn't believe people even thought Conor had a chance.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

jase1 posted:

Thankfully gullible MMA fans bet on Conor so I could get -357. It opened at like -2000 which is why I said I wouldn't bet this fight. My bookie made a killing tonight he only had 25 people bet mayweather and like 100 or so bet on Conor. He bet a shitload on mayweather too we both just couldn't believe people even thought Conor had a chance.

I don't know if you'd even know, and if you did whether you'd be willing to say, but any idea what the size of those bets were? I can imagine people saying,"Well he's not gonna win but the odds are so good I'll place a small bet on and maybe make a few hundred on the off-chance a miracle happens" but I cannot wrap my head around anybody putting large bets against what was essentially the inevitable outcome.

Every time I read that there was a significant amount bet on Conor to win, I imagine it being thousands of small bets adding up as opposed to a smaller number of large ones.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

I don't know if you'd even know, and if you did whether you'd be willing to say, but any idea what the size of those bets were? I can imagine people saying,"Well he's not gonna win but the odds are so good I'll place a small bet on and maybe make a few hundred on the off-chance a miracle happens" but I cannot wrap my head around anybody putting large bets against what was essentially the inevitable outcome.

Every time I read that there was a significant amount bet on Conor to win, I imagine it being thousands of small bets adding up as opposed to a smaller number of large ones.

93% of the tickets bet were on Conor. Roughly 70% of the money ended up on Floyd. 6 people bet $1mill on Floyd in Vegas.

I managed to get a good chunk down as well on Floyd. Had a big sweat betting against Conor getting a point deducted too lol congrats Jase

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004
Managed to get $150 at even odds with people at work. Easy money, was thinking about hedging it on the bookies but didn't bother in the end luckily.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

JaySB posted:

93% of the tickets bet were on Conor. Roughly 70% of the money ended up on Floyd. 6 people bet $1mill on Floyd in Vegas.

I managed to get a good chunk down as well on Floyd. Had a big sweat betting against Conor getting a point deducted too lol congrats Jase

Congrats to you as well. I still don't get why Conor kept hammer fisting Floyd. I don't think you can do that in MMA to a standing opponent right?

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

jase1 posted:

Congrats to you as well. I still don't get why Conor kept hammer fisting Floyd. I don't think you can do that in MMA to a standing opponent right?

Yeah you can't strike to the back of the head in mma as well. Maybe he was just not used to someone bending at the waist as much as Floyd was, and just wasn't prepared for it

And congrats jase

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Scapegoat posted:

Managed to get $150 at even odds with people at work. Easy money, was thinking about hedging it on the bookies but didn't bother in the end luckily.

Yeah only a couple hundred cause I'm poor but I did the same. Probably didn't make any friends but them's the breaks

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

Troxartas posted:

Yeah you can't strike to the back of the head in mma as well. Maybe he was just not used to someone bending at the waist as much as Floyd was, and just wasn't prepared for it

And congrats jase

It looked like Floyd's plan was to bait Conor into doing a move that would lead to DQ. it was a nice fight though and much more entertaining than I thought it was going to be.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

jase1 posted:

I mean, you can try standing hammerfists in MMA if you want. It's just not a very good move. Here's noted Conor McGregor Friend Artem Lobov doing it

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Just one bet for Saturday. Not betting to much because I have 15k on Ohio State -7.5 vs Oklahoma.

1k on Borg @+590 which I fully expect to lose but I like long shot bets for the thrill of it. Most likely won't watch the fight because I will be watching the bucks game and I think it will be on at the same time.

I am also in Cape Coral and will most likely be in the path of the Hurricane just not sure if it will die down yet or not before it gets to me. Have a poo poo load of water, a generator, lots of food and liquor cabinet full of scotch so I am ready to fight Irma to the death. I sent my wife to Atlanta to stay with my cousin and my Uncle will be here with me. House is on a hill, I got hurricane proof windows and hurricane proof garage. So unless poo poo goes really bad I should be fine.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
You're gonna need a bigger boat.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Tezcatlipoca posted:

You're gonna need a bigger boat.

I hear there's a firesale in florida

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

jase1 posted:

Just one bet for Saturday. Not betting to much because I have 15k on Ohio State -7.5 vs Oklahoma.

1k on Borg @+590 which I fully expect to lose but I like long shot bets for the thrill of it. Most likely won't watch the fight because I will be watching the bucks game and I think it will be on at the same time.

I am also in Cape Coral and will most likely be in the path of the Hurricane just not sure if it will die down yet or not before it gets to me. Have a poo poo load of water, a generator, lots of food and liquor cabinet full of scotch so I am ready to fight Irma to the death. I sent my wife to Atlanta to stay with my cousin and my Uncle will be here with me. House is on a hill, I got hurricane proof windows and hurricane proof garage. So unless poo poo goes really bad I should be fine.

Well, the Borg fight is off. Not many other interesting bets on the card.

Stay safe jase

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Troxartas posted:

Well, the Borg fight is off. Not many other interesting bets on the card.

Stay safe jase

Melendez and magny are both underdogs and very interesting bets imo.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

my entire parlay was refunded because of the fight being canceled and now its too late to re-bet on it :(

i had ml on dj/nunes/rda/stephens/cejudo

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
i put some money on shevchenko

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Skip My Posts posted:

i put some money on shevchenko

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQPAEcFU674

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
parlay on magny, melendez and cejudo to all win by decision.

100 on melendez.

100 on schevchenko with a few hedge bets on nunes by ko in r1 and 2

that should be my sportsbet account depleted