Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Fil5000 posted:

Or indeed anywhere in the universe. When you're asked how many accidents you've had in the last five years, "All of them" is generally going to up your premiums. I guess he could argue someone else was at fault for all of them as it's not like anyone survived to disagree.

He rides in a truck in RE6 that does not crash and is not destroyed on screen.

The driver later returns in a different truck and promptly crashes that one and dies, so cosmic balance can be maintained.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

now that we have RE0 there are any number of retcons or other weird things that we can do for explaining the hosed up architecture of Birkin's lab. Or not, you know you can take it or leave it but in some ways I would love for any remakes to full embrace that retarded architecture.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Anything you're hoping they really don't do? For me it's hoping they don't make everyone into matrix characters and remember Leon's a kid rookie.

Also if they try and re-imagine the submachinegun I will unleash a fury never before seen,the s.machinegun was perfect.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I hope they don't try to pretend the original RE2 was actually some serious and thoughtful game, and base the tone of the remake around that idea.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't think that's a danger Resident Evil ever has

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Raxivace posted:

Would people be upset if the LeonA/ClaireB routes were gone?

A good point, though I think Claire B is good even if it is basically just Route A but with Mr X along for the ride.

Unfortunately it's probably a reality of games these days that there won't be an A/B. Automata did it though so maybe?

Raxivace posted:

I hope they don't try to pretend the original RE2 was actually some serious and thoughtful game, and base the tone of the remake around that idea.

Well, it's definitely not a thoughtful game but it is, for lack of a better term, sort of a serious one? By which I mean that of course the audience knows situation is ridiculous but the characters don't treat it like a joke, outside a few quips and one-liners. Dawn of the Dead vs Zombieland, that sort of thing.

Kibayasu fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Aug 26, 2017

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Sakurazuka posted:

I don't think that's a danger Resident Evil ever has

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8HtWcyO56o

Vakal
May 11, 2008
If I was Capcom, I would make the Remake based on the original RE 1.5 version just to mess with people.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the police chief in Resident Evil 2 is potentially my favorite character in the series when you outline all of his behavior in a timeline. that guy hustled all over the place while also building arbitrary weirdo puzzles all over the police department

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

rabidsquid posted:

the police chief in Resident Evil 2 is potentially my favorite character in the series when you outline all of his behavior in a timeline. that guy hustled all over the place while also building arbitrary weirdo puzzles all over the police department

The funniest thing in the series was that one file that said he was moving the guns and ammo around so much that no one knew where anything was.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Momomo posted:

The funniest thing in the series was that one file that said he was moving the guns and ammo around so much that no one knew where anything was.

And when poo poo started going down he literally started shooting them in the back lol.Just poppin' fools and letting them get eaten by approaching zombies.
Bet he was jerkin' it furiously all the while,legend.

Brazilianpeanutwar fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Aug 27, 2017

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he didn't have any help, he didn't have any control over bows, and he was just an ordinary human. irons was very good at his job, it's just that that job wasn't police chief.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

he didn't have any help, he didn't have any control over bows, and he was just an ordinary human. irons was very good at his job, it's just that that job wasn't police chief.

Also his hidden tortue taxidermy room behind his officer.

Seriously, you would think that someone would have raised an issue sometime during the years before the outbreak of the chief of police constantly having dead animal carcasses transported into his office.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Vakal posted:

Seriously, you would think that someone would have raised an issue sometime during the years before the outbreak of the chief of police constantly having dead animal carcasses transported into his office.

And the dungeon secret elevator to a tunnel to a sex dungeon to a sewer.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Vakal posted:

Man, do you really want to be the one to bring up the boss's creepy sex dungeon?

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
The resi 2 remake should end with Chief Irons getting a presidential pardon.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Fil5000 posted:

There were very fine people on both sides of the Raccoon City outbreak.

Kibayasu posted:

Well, it's definitely not a thoughtful game but it is, for lack of a better term, sort of a serious one? By which I mean that of course the audience knows situation is ridiculous but the characters don't treat it like a joke, outside a few quips and one-liners. Dawn of the Dead vs Zombieland, that sort of thing.
Yeah I just mean don't cut out the goofy stuff like the sewer alligators or that stray bullet killing the helicopter pilot and so on.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Aug 27, 2017

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
re games are generally goofy as hell but played completely straight. that's their charm, aside from killing monsters with small arms and sick wrestling moves.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Fil5000 posted:

Wonder if Leon is still assigned to protect that buffoon?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Wonder if Leon is still assigned to protect that buffoon?

seeing as how he is dead, i am gonna go out on a limb and say no

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

If there's one thing I don't want them to retcon, it's Leon constantly getting dunked on by everyone. I can't wait to hear Leon go "ADA, WAIT!" while she leaves him behind for the umpteenth time. :v:

And I like that Irons was a more sedate villain compared to the others in the series. No global saturation, no injecting themselves with viruses, no melodramatic revenge, just plain old psychopathy. Makes for a nice contrast.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

seeing as how he is dead, i am gonna go out on a limb and say no

I was talking about the current President, not Chief Irons.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I was talking about the current President, not Chief Irons.

He's also dead! Unless you don't mean the zombie president from RE6.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

CJacobs posted:

He's also dead! Unless you don't mean the zombie president from RE6.
I'm pretty sure they're talking about Trump. Buffoon and presidential pardon are the key words.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Leon to Trump: "Here, mister President, I'll be your chauffeur. Let me drive you to the golf course." *knowing smirk at the camera like Jim from The Office*

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
Resident Evil 4 would be Leon trying to protect Eric Trump. It would be basically impossible.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

CJacobs posted:

Leon to Trump: "Here, mister President, I'll be your chauffeur. Let me drive you to the golf course." *knowing smirk at the camera like Jim from The Office*

Prologue ends like this.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
So wait, there's still no actual info on the resident evil 2 remake?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Outside of a 2018 release and the original voice actors not reprising their roles, no.

imo it should be treated the same as M&B: Bannerlord.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
There's always the hope that due to RE 7's lukewarm sales figures, Capcom is shifting resources to the Remake 2 to take it from just a side project to their next big release to capitalize on fan nostalgia.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Vakal posted:

There's always the hope that due to RE 7's lukewarm sales figures, Capcom is shifting resources to the Remake 2 to take it from just a side project to their next big release to capitalize on fan nostalgia.

It's not that. It's that Monster Hunter World is a big project and they're expecting it to at least take over Japan. I've heard a lot about how Capcom has put a lot of other projects on hold until World is out, but that amounts to water-cooler gossip and I don't know how seriously to take it.

RE7 also didn't do that poorly for itself. I'd imagine everyone's happy with it except whoever makes the sales projections.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Resident Evil 7 only slightly fell short of sales projections too. It wasn't a colossal failure by any stretch for Capcom, just not quite as much as they hoped.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

TBH I always enjoyed the actor that voiced him in RE2, something about how nonchalant he is when you first meet him in his office, cheesy as hell but the dude sells it

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

His 'I was supposed to protect her, but I failed. Miserably' is as great cheesy bad line.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

"Either by putting a bullet through her brain or *pause* decapitating her completely."

:allears: juuuuust the right amount of cheese to sound like a hosed up weirdo

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

And to think taxidermy used to be my hobby. But no longer!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh god I forgot about 'you'll end up just like all the others'

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Everyone's gunna die!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnglxHaB6SY

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Alyson Court still sounds the same as she did 20 years ago, that sucks :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i am extremely glad we're all getting to enjoy chief irons. what a great character, he's quintessential resident evil