Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Renoistic posted:

Have Platinum Games said anything about Bayonetta / W101 ports? I have the games on Wii U, but never got around to actually buying a Wii U. Thing is, even if I bought a used Wii U it wouldn't be much cheaper than a Switch. I bought the games to support Platinum so I don't mind double dipping, but I'd like to play them before I die from old age.

Also, any word about the HD Zeldas on the Switch?

Edit: Holy crap what's with Nintendo and overpriced controllers?

Go buy a goddamn WiiU now while you still can get a complete setup with console and gamepad intact.

That said, Platinum have been making subtle teases about potential ports in their Twitter feed, but nothing concrete.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

HyperPuma posted:

why would you pay 30 bucks for a game you dont even enjoy

good question. i guess i'd be more comfortable taking a chance on a game i'm not 100% on at that price. you're right though that's dumb as hell. i'll just play some BotW

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
After three days of playing the ARMS Test Punch, my arms now ache from all that shadow boxing.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

In that strangely nice intro for rabbids there's statues of waluigi and wario hidden away so I'm now going to be bummed out if they somehow aren't in this.

It would be hilarious if the plot revolved around them thinking Bowser is behind the Rabbid invasion, get to his castle, kick his rear end, and find out he had nothing to do with it, it was all Wario's doing.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Renoistic posted:

The MSRP for the Pro controller is only $10 more than the Xbone One/DS4 controller, and it’s only recently that those two were available for less than MSRP.

As for the Joycons being $80–the way I saw it was that I was essentially buying two Wiimotes (since most four player games only need one Joycon per person) and buying a pair of Joycons is actually cheaper than buying two Wiimotes was.

That said, if you’re not going to be playing four person local multiplayer games, you don’t actually need any additional controllers for your Switch. Playing with split Joycons is the most comfortable gaming experience I’ve ever had. Don’t underestimate how much being able to put your hands wherever you want to increases your immersion or enjoyment of a game. With a normal controller, I find myself exclusively sitting straight up with my hands bunched together in my lap; with the Joycons you can slouch, lay down, stand up, heck, walk on an elliptical machine while you play.

The only game I play with my Pro controller is Splatoon 2, and I honestly can’t explain why—I think it’s because the triggers have more give on the Pro controller.

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Aug 27, 2017

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Fire Emblem Warriors is getting the Nioh treatment in the graphics performance department, as in you can either choose 720p / 60 fps or 1080p / 30 fps. No idea if the handheld/tabletop-mode will run in 720p/60 fps or not. There's also a perma-death option if you want the authentic Fire Emblem experience.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

A Warriors game promising a stable frame rate... Truely the bizarro worldline

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I do enjoy how Tecmo Koei has been inspired to do more various play modes after Nioh. Both Nioh and Dynasty Warriors 9 offer solid 60FPS/1080P and 30FPS/4K modes on PS4 Pro and it's good to see that Switch is getting in on that kind of thing too.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
60... yuurows?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Requesting Stardew update, thank you in advance.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Update status: when

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

It's a mediocre game best played with a keyboard and mouse.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Stardew's been out since launch but Reggie asked us not to tell you

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Bill Barber posted:

It's a mediocre game best played with a keyboard and mouse.

This was the truth behind all video games, but now every video game would be perfect on the Switch.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Stardew would be actively worse on the Switch, its menus and tools are much better with a mouse

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Could be that the reason it’s talking so long is because they drastically revamped the UI to work better on a console.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Minesweeper would be perfect on the switch

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

lelandjs posted:

Could be that the reason it’s talking so long is because they drastically revamped the UI to work better on a console.
No.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Stardew would be actively worse on the Switch, its menus and tools are much better with a mouse

On the other hand, I will literally never play a harvest moon clone on a non-portable

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Rexroom posted:

After three days of playing the ARMS Test Punch, my arms now ache from all that shadow boxing.

"A guy who came to Fight Club for the first time, his rear end was a wad of cookie dough. After a few weeks, he was carved out of wood."

Welcome to Project ARMS. :getin:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Speaking of ARMS, i still need to get the blorbs on Max Brass. gently caress you, arms getter, why don't you give the most-frequently used arms i have more often

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Doesn't ARMS also contain a mode for no-energy losers like me? Maybe I will break the rules and tape the joycons to my legs and kick instead!

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Dizz posted:

Doesn't ARMS also contain a mode for no-energy losers like me? Maybe I will break the rules and tape the joycons to my legs and kick instead!

Idk what that means but there are traditional control schemes you can use.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I played PC Stardew with an Xbox controller and it actually was way better imo. Fishing feels way better.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
They updated the UI so the cursor snaps in place when using a controller rather than emulate a slow mouse cursor.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

I've had no complaints with Stardew on controller. It's good and when

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I hooked up the Gamecube out of the blue yesterday and popped in Super Mario Sunshine. For the most part, the game felt good to control. Except for Flud. I was instinctively moving the Gamecube controller to aim. I think Splatoon has made Super Mario Sunshine retroactively unplayable for me.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That's why you gotta remake it

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Yeah. I'm wondering if the Gamecube VC is going to have to drastically rework things to account for the lack of analog triggers. In Sunshine's case, the use of motion controls would be perfect. Perfect for Switch.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Detective No. 27 posted:

Yeah. I'm wondering if the Gamecube VC is going to have to drastically rework things to account for the lack of analog triggers. In Sunshine's case, the use of motion controls would be perfect. Perfect for Switch.

Switch has more buttons than gc it would be fine to put full trigger pull and half pull on different buttons i guess

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Dr Cheeto posted:

Stardew's been out since launch but Reggie asked us not to tell you

Who is Reggie

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Real hurthling! posted:

Switch has more buttons than gc it would be fine to put full trigger pull and half pull on different buttons i guess
That sounds miserable.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

a.lo posted:

Who is Reggie

Marketing director at pizza hut

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Conversely, please buy the GameCube Classic!

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Detective No. 27 posted:

I hooked up the Gamecube out of the blue yesterday and popped in Super Mario Sunshine. For the most part, the game felt good to control. Except for Flud. I was instinctively moving the Gamecube controller to aim. I think Splatoon has made Super Mario Sunshine retroactively unplayable for me.

I've had this pet project in the back of my head for a little bit to try and get my Steam controller working with Dolphin, end goal being to get gyro aiming in a few games. The SC is a pretty mixed bag imo but it does have nice two-stage triggers that'd be perfect for GC use

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Manky posted:

I've had this pet project in the back of my head for a little bit to try and get my Steam controller working with Dolphin, end goal being to get gyro aiming in a few games. The SC is a pretty mixed bag imo but it does have nice two-stage triggers that'd be perfect for GC use

The Steam Controller has full analog triggers, actually. It’s a pain to set up with Dolphin, though.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bill Barber posted:

That sounds miserable.

Good thread title

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Policenaut posted:

Conversely, please buy the GameCube Classic!

Would definitely like a GC classic over a N64 classic

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Renoistic posted:

I have the games on Wii U, but never got around to actually buying a Wii U.

Renoistic posted:

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Ventana posted:

Would definitely like a GC classic over a N64 classic

Same, except opposite. So many more games I'd rather play on 64, and 64 emulation is so far pretty garbage, whereas GC emulation is really good

• Locked thread