Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

##vote yuming

Correcting syntax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Lupus have you played mafia before?

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Not as a forum game. I played the face to face version a lot, assigning roles with a deck of cards. Makes it easier to detect scum if they get a case of the giggles while denying their scumminess.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Not gonna dunk the newbie, then.

##unvote

I don't think yuming is scum, either. Scum yuming is always super, super awkward.

Hey Chic, you've been pretty quiet. How about some opinions?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

##vote kasumeat

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jonathan Fisk posted:

##vote kasumeat

Delicious!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
God, I love this game. I love you guys. I even love me.

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

Jonathan Fisk posted:

##vote kasumeat

Ok but y tho

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!
I hate everyone and everything.

Except yuming.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

vector_to posted:

Ok but y tho
I second this motion! Please explain your votes guyzz.

Also <3 Jam

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Content: I feel better about Lupus a*ter he started sharing more opinions. Seems reasonable and no scum feels at the moment.

I'm going to ##vote Chic Trombone

because, I have gotten an odd vibe from her posts-- like "oh, joke phase post thats bad" but not really going anywhere with it.

I still have a nagging suspicion on Pmush but I'm gonna let it brew for a bit.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I prefer to make others search for the connection. This one is Easy

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
just had a read through the thread.

strongest town reads from: vector_to, pmush, yumin, jonathan fisk

most suspicious of kasumeat, chic trombone, nutsack rangoon

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I SHOULD GO AND GET FUCKED

vector_to posted:

Ok but y tho

Yes, please do explain. Because right now it just looks like scum trying to discretely start a wagon on one of the most active townies, while hoping another Townie will make the case against me in order to give scum more ammo when I flip town.

[B]##vote jfisk[b]

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

##vote jfisk

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

:lol:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

i'm going to cite that as my evidence

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I prefer to make others search for the connection. This one is Easy

I'm feeling lazy. Explain.

[b]##vote JFisk

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

damnit.

##vote JFisk

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Also agree with scum vibes from trombone, but jfisk is worse.

Jonathan Fisk posted:

i'm going to cite that as my evidence

And more of the same. Ask yourself, is jfisk trying to solve the game right now? Or rather is he just throwing out some cryptic nonsense that he's hoping will cause town to implode on itself?

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Cryptic is the wrong word. More like contentless.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Jfisk, any reads other than me at the moment?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm not going to do the thinking for you. My vote should be understandable with a moments review of the page prior, and kasumeat's response should be self evident in its scumminess

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hmmm this seems like a scenario I have seen many a time. I don't think Fisk is scum.

yumings vote on chic is a little suspicious to me, chic didn't seem to be any more or less focused on anything than anyone else.

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

Okay, you're referring to the two posts on the Pmush case last page, right?

Lemme give the past few pages a reread.

##unvote

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

vector_to posted:

I'm feeling lazy. Explain.

[b]##vote JFisk

Why would you vote someone while asking them to explain in the same post? And want to do it so badly you had to correct your syntax in the next post. Then you unvote based off of basically "go read the game". That's a scummy sequence of events.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

My vote was a honeypot. I didn't like Kasumeat's Mafia dadding and wanted to see how he'd respond to pressure. He responded poorly.

I'm not sure how I feel about the other vote on me yet.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!
Taste how are you always a D1 lynch candidate?

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jonathan Fisk posted:

My vote was a honeypot. I didn't like Kasumeat's Mafia dadding and wanted to see how he'd respond to pressure. He responded poorly.

I haven't liked any of Kasumeat's posting this entire game, but I don't know why. It might just his style, but it could be because he's scum. It reeks.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Jamuraan posted:

Taste how are you always a D1 lynch candidate?

Only when I'm town

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

Hal Incandenza posted:

Why would you vote someone while asking them to explain in the same post? And want to do it so badly you had to correct your syntax in the next post. Then you unvote based off of basically "go read the game". That's a scummy sequence of events.

I was applying pressure because fisk was being deliberately obtuse, that's all.

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

Now I know what he's getting at, which is Kasumeat's circular posting last page, it serves no purpose. I apologise for playing fast and loose with my vote.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Only when I'm town

No, you're only lynched day 1 when you're Town. You're always a candidate.

Nutsack Rangoon
Mar 30, 2010

EVERYTHING IS NUMBERED HERE. THE MONSTER IS ZERO.
##vote jedit

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I've had a few glasses of wine, pardon any typos.

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I'm not going to do the thinking for you. My vote should be understandable with a moments review of the page prior, and kasumeat's response should be self evident in its scumminess

And here is jfisk doubling down on no-content posting. Literally none of his posts express any thought process or reasoning, it's just smug superiority and "I'm better than you at Mafia, are you seriously not going to listen to me?" bullying. The lack of thought process expressed about how he's coming to these conclusions really does indicate to me that he is indeed not going through a thought process, but rather just scum pushing an agenda.

Hal is being weird. I've played with him 2 or 3 times with him as town and once as scum, and I can't recall him ever expressing an opinion this strong this early. Not sure what that means about his alignment.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

vector_to posted:

I was applying pressure because fisk was being deliberately obtuse, that's all.

If you honestly believe he was being deliberately obtuse, why are you OK with that?

vector_to posted:

Now I know what he's getting at, which is Kasumeat's circular posting last page, it serves no purpose. I apologise for playing fast and loose with my vote.

That's a fair criticism. I was thinking out loud. But look at the intention of how he approached this. Was he trying to sort me? Or just get me lynched?

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

I've played one game with Fisk before, I think, and this is one of two I'm playing now. Being obtuse seems to be a running theme, so I'm willing to let it slide, at least when there's still casing to do. I think maybe he's just frustrated at playing with a stupid newbie.

Nutsack, I'm not gonna make the same mistake twice, so I'm just gonna ask why the Jedit vote.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It's not being obtuse. It's expecting players to make connections so that if they didn't pick it out before they can come to it organically themselves. I appreciate that newer players are liable to bit longer to reach that point

Nutsack Rangoon
Mar 30, 2010

EVERYTHING IS NUMBERED HERE. THE MONSTER IS ZERO.

vector_to posted:

I've played one game with Fisk before, I think, and this is one of two I'm playing now. Being obtuse seems to be a running theme, so I'm willing to let it slide, at least when there's still casing to do. I think maybe he's just frustrated at playing with a stupid newbie.

Nutsack, I'm not gonna make the same mistake twice, so I'm just gonna ask why the Jedit vote.

popping in to make a bad post on meta while there's a bunch of alignment discussion going on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

so my weekend has been unexpectedly busy

i'll try to post some after the mafia fantasy football draft + tomorrow

• Locked thread