Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

https://systemmasterypodcast.com/2017/06/11/expounded-universe-1-dark-shadows-of-the-empire/

This feels like it should be linked here. A pair of goons are going through the Shadows of the Empire book a couple of chapters at a time and discussing it.
It's pretty great. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Cooked Auto posted:

https://systemmasterypodcast.com/2017/06/11/expounded-universe-1-dark-shadows-of-the-empire/

This feels like it should be linked here. A pair of goons are going through the Shadows of the Empire book a couple of chapters at a time and discussing it.

I enjoy the mental image of Xizor trying his poo poo on Vader. Just "Ha! He'll wonder why I set my price at standard rates! I have outwitted his twelfth level mental chess by going to the thirteenth level!"

Meanwhile, Vader's just at "Good. I don't have to deal with any bullshit. Moving on."

He's not stupid, ignoring the prequels, but he's very... direct.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Cooked Auto posted:

Does it mention our LP at any point? because I'm an egotist

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

What LP?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
This one, morons

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Is that the one people keep telling you to finish?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

I haven't listened through the entire episode yet but so far the game has only been mentioned once before and our homeboy Dash has yet to make an appearance.
But I'm sure I can namedrop the LP to the guys doing the podcast over twitter or something. :cheeky:

Kasrkin
Feb 16, 2014

Nothing suspicious here.

nine-gear crow posted:

after Listening through the podcast (which is really great btw) i am sorry to tell you that no, they do not mention your LP at least not in the First episode

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Kasrkin posted:

after Listening through the podcast (which is really great btw) i am sorry to tell you that no, they do not mention your LP at least not in the First episode

I did link the guys the LP so who knows what might happen in the next or upcoming episodes.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
We interupt this Dash-ing thread to bring you a serious post: my workload has evened out and I plan to be back at the Dash LP next week.

You may now return to your regularly schedule Dash poo poo-posting. (CJacobs' updates will be coming any time now. Any time. I swear.)

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Blind Sally posted:

You may now return to your regularly schedule Dash poo poo-posting.

Han Solo > Dash Rendar.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

White Coke posted:

Han Solo > Dash Rendar.

:yikes:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

White Coke posted:

Han Solo > Dash Rendar.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Man I don't even know where Han Solo ends and Dash Rendar begins, man...:okpos:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
i have nothing but contempt for all of you

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
one of these days im just gonna spend an afternoon posting nothing but dril tweets and renaissance artwork that happens to look like goatse in this thread

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Shinjobi posted:

Man I don't even know where Han Solo ends and Dash Rendar begins, man...:okpos:

Where the good ends, and the bad begins, so too does Dash Rendar.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

nine-gear crow posted:

one of these days im just gonna spend an afternoon posting nothing but dril tweets and renaissance artwork that happens to look like goatse in this thread

Crow, don't get banned.

We need you to finish your Ace Combat LP. THEN you can get banned. :v:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
hey team, dash rendar is still on the horizon. it's just hard to do updates while i lounge in the sun on the beach. ill keep trying though. you have my word.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Blind Sally posted:

hey team, dash rendar is still on the horizon.

Horizon Zero Rendawndar lp confirmed.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
convince crow to play it

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

convince crow to do anything.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
but what will the consequences be once he realizes he won't get to shoot Visari?

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Blind Sally posted:

convince crow to play White Knight Chronicles Origins

Fixed that for you

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Blind Sally posted:

convince crow to play it

Hey crow, I would really like to see you do an LP of Horizon Zero Dawn. Given your experience with Killzone I would love to see you bring that knowledge to your commentary on Horizon so that we could see how Guerrilla have grown as developers. If you don't that's okay too, you don't have any obligation to do so, or even tell us why you don't want to, but I'll be disappointed if you don't.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
lol, crow's silence is deafening.

AS IS MINE!

i might have a Dash update coming sometime this year. keep yer eyes peeled, Dash Rendarians, you never know when it'll hit!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

This all happened a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away. Continuity gets muddled.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
I don't believe you.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

>WEED GOKU USE VINE WHIP

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
still thinkin' about that dash rendar

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

Blind Sally posted:

still thinkin' about that dash rendar

I got my rear end handed to me by a guy who was flying a Super Dash build, along with Captain Nym with Autoturrets and Accuracy Corrector. SuperDash is brutal when played right, man.

*E* poo poo, this isn't the Traditional Games subforum.

IronSaber fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Aug 27, 2017

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
i was gonna do Dash Rendar Chronicles as a SSLP, but these comments--

White Coke posted:

>Create an audio dramatization of the update.

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

>Create a video dramatization of the next update

--gave me an idea...

hey, let's try this again. second verse... almost the same as the first. THIS ONE IS A VIDEO UPDATE, SO SLAP YER MOUSE ON DAT BUTTON BELOW< YEAH!?

^^^^^^
WHOA< EASY TIGER, THIS HERE IS THE BUTTON! PRESS IT!

Oh yeah! Dash Rendar Chronicles! This relatively unknown title was released in 1999 with little fanfare. After the awful SOTE PC port in 1997, PC owners weren't necessarily too keen to give the Dash man a second chance. The game was nearly cancelled, but since so much development had already been put into it, they went ahead and released it anyways hoping to recoup some of their losses. However, LucasArts was unwilling to put in any advertising power behind it because of the PC port's flop. As such, very few people ever played this game. It's pretty fun, though, as it's basically an isometric RPG retelling of the Shadows story--from Dash's perspective, of course.

Anyways, as great as the N64 version was, they never got to experience this hidden gem of the SOTE multimedia project. Without further ado, I'll let it speak for itself. This first part is little more than an opening cinematic.

"History" gives us a brief backstory to the game. We'll see that in just a moment.
"Instructions" are how to play--I'll get into that once gameplay actually starts.
"Intelligence" are unlockables, such as concept art. Nothing worth looking at right now.
"OK" starts the game!

Sally fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Aug 27, 2017

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
This LP is one giant tax dodge!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
:yum:

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

How many parts does this 'game' have?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Well, it follows the ENTIRE Shadows of the Empire novel/game, so.... 13!!

(i'm gonna condense updates--especially the ones that are just cutscenes, like this level.)

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Go Dash, Young Rendar

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Godspeed You Dash Rendar

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
The Outrider wasn't backwards, it was just flying upside down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Great Chewie impression crow. You should do an episode of Ace Combat 6 in character.