Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

here's every gudaguda comic

panel 1: chibi nobu and chibi okita are hanging out
panel 2: chibi okita suggests something normal
panel 3: chibi nobu takes it in a weird direction
panel 4: chibi nobu gets naked

done, ive saved the franchise and translated every gudaguda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
There's a reason they're both the best FGO characters with the best events, they have a formula that's been perfected and honed.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I kinda wonder if they have some kind of alternate release plan and they'll bump some events forward or something because, if not we will have only Halloween and presumably Okeanos in autumn, which is really loving sparse for three month period, especially for a relatively newly released game that is still building its player-base.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Yeah, I'm definitely going to treat that as bullshit until I can find anyone with a better source than "here's a screenshot of some text I found".

Kintoki/Martha/Salter is real enough, though! Aaand I think I'll pass.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

NRVNQSR posted:

Yeah, I'm definitely going to treat that as bullshit until I can find anyone with a better source than "here's a screenshot of some text I found".

Passing up the chance to get GOLDEN? Not cool, man. Not cool.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

NRVNQSR posted:

I was at that panel and I just remember that they wanted the Kona Ace comic to be released before the event. Very little about CCC (I don't remember anything about CCC outside of them having licensing issues they needed to work out). They were prioritizing the same sort of experience that JP had though. Whoever wrote that text seems to be assuming a lot of things. Also the panel guy was just kind of an awkward dork who couldn't really answer many questions directly. He spent more time joking about rivers of salt and Gilgamesh than anything else. I frankly would take the panel with a grain of salt let alone a screenshot of text guessing about future events.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Soylentbits posted:

I was at that panel and I just remember that they wanted the Kona Ace comic to be released before the event. Very little about CCC (I don't remember anything about CCC outside of them having licensing issues they needed to work out). They were prioritizing the same sort of experience that JP had though. Whoever wrote that text seems to be assuming a lot of things. Also the panel guy was just kind of an awkward dork who couldn't really answer many questions directly. He spent more time joking about rivers of salt and Gilgamesh than anything else. I frankly would take the panel with a grain of salt let alone a screenshot of text guessing about future events.

Thanks for the info! If there are plans already in place to localise Koha-Ace then it would certainly make sense for them to adjust the timing of GUDAGUDA to try and match that release. Everything else sounds like a product of the writers' fevered imaginings.

Although the idea that someone would want to localise Koha-Ace to begin with seems like a fever dream itself.

NRVNQSR fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Aug 27, 2017

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Soylentbits posted:

Well that certainly sets at least part of my heart at ease.

Honestly, even in its current state, I still really like the game, which is why I find it really easy to worry about it surviving the long haul, given how vast the JP to US mobage graveyard is.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Really Aniplex could stand to be better at community management.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

Really Aniplex could stand to be better

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Endorph posted:

i got bored and made an analysis for the okeanos gang

https://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=148795
It's just about too late at this point, but what would your analysis on Orion be? All I really know about him/her is that "they are great against male Sabers, so a good servant to have for Camelot" and "almost all of their NP gain is to be had from Quick cards rather than Arts cards".

Getting Drake would be cool but really I just want a Euryale as close to NP5 as possible from Okeanos.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Aug 27, 2017

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Orion's single biggest issue is that the game ends up stuffed to near-overflowing with absolutely incredible Archers of every stripe. In that scenario, Orion is a very basic 5* Servant with a small, specific niche which means she'll perform well in 99% situations you'd want an Archer for but others like Gil or Archuria will overall be better.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
I hear she's also pretty good against most Berserker bosses, as those tend to be male.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
I don't belive Aniplex cares about the source material to the point where they will put off releasing events and a source of income.

Sciencegar
Dec 21, 2013

I'm afraid its because of Super-Science.

Regular-Ass Science is innocent.

EzEight posted:

I don't belive Aniplex cares about the source material to the point where they will put off releasing events and a source of income.

Remember, this panel was the perspective of the translators, not their release managers. The translators can 'not-like-the-idea-of-releasing-the-event-without-context' all they like, integrity of the product only applies in how it pleases the customer, not in how accurate it is.

The likely outcome of all of this is that these events will get a half-baked rewrite, not that they''ll be outright cancelled. The main question is whether GUDAGUDA gets delayed or not, but if they have a hard time limit of New Years, then we should still get it in some form by the end of November.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Also, that comment about context just... isn't true, at least in my experience.

While I may be misremembering GUDA Honnoji (it's been a bit), it actually doesn't rely much on the Koha-Ace gags much from what I recall - it's mostly Nobu and Okita being the goofballs they are. And certainly GUDA Meiji Revolution doesn't rely on them at all and relies on previous GO content and makes up its new stuff. The Guda Crew's appearance in Dead Heat is the same. I was actually just thinking the other day that it's almost inaccurate to call Guda Crew "Koha-Ace Servants" at this point, because by now they've gotten more content and exposure in Fuggo than they got in a little side magazine. And obviously Chacha and Hijitaka are literally GO originals.

The CCC event is even less reliant on context though, because it's from 2017.

Y'see, around the time between, oh, London and America Type-Moon and DelightWorks realized that they had an actual hit on their hands, despite the problems it had then. And the game was getting so big that there was no possible way it was all just previous Fate fans. The game was bringing in hundreds of thousands, then millions, of players who had never interacted with a Type-Moon work before. Grand Order was transforming into the biggest thing Type-Moon had ever created.

So the events, story chapters and whatnot got re-aligned a bit with an eye to making sure that someone whose first exposure to Fate was Fuggo didn't get lost. Even really goofy crossovers like Garden of Order took time to at least somewhat explain what was going on, and later story chapters that use characters from previous works devote a lot of time to explaining who they are, in some cases to the point of doing a bit of subtle retconning of previous works (Cursed Arm Hassan in Camelot is the example that comes to mind immediately). By and large, starting with 2016 content, F/GO is written so as to be accessible as possible to newcomers to Fate and the Nasuverse. Anything that needs to be explained, is.

And the CCC event is just like that. It's a crossover event with one of Nasu's favorite things he worked on, but they know it was a crossover with a work that sold ~150-200k in Japan, into a game that, by the time it released, was on the cusp of nine million downloads. (And that's just the official tally, iirc.) They knew that the vast, vast majority of players of the event may not have even heard of CCC, let alone played it, or at best they remember it in passing.

So the CCC event is written to be almost completely standalone - it explains everything that needs to be explained. It is written with the assumption that the player has no idea what the gently caress the Moon Cell is (since Fujimaru, of course, wouldn't) or what SE.RA.PH is or what any of this insanity is. BB gets kind of meta at points, but that's part of her shtick. If you haven't played CCC before, you'll miss a couple of "oh!" moments, but that's about it. The CCC event was written for people who haven't played the game before, and it's integrated fully into the plotline for Epic of Remnant. CCC itself doesn't need to be released in English for the event to make sense.

Let me put it this way: by that logic, Orleans shouldn't have been released, America shouldn't be released, and none of the Halloween events should release because they all feature Bathory heavily and frankly rely on jokes back to her introduction in CCC more than the actual CCC event does. If you're saying "well, that's stupid" then there you go.

I really don't see a need to be worried about other stuff not being released to get events. F/GO became a unique entry point into T-M works pretty early in its life, and the content is written to reflect that.

(That said, CCC should come out in English, because while I'm sure some parts of it would raise eyebrows at least, it really is That Fuckin' Good. It was one of the swan song RPGs of the PSP.)

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

:3: SCALE ITCH :3:

It would be lovely if FGO somehow facilitated me getting my grubby mitts on CCC. I played Extra then shambled around for years looking for CCC.
Just, y'know, don't have them kick FGO in the dick repeatedly to make it so it can be arranged that I get CCC.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
It probably wouldn't be the most sexually messed-up game on Steam if it came out today.

Still never happening, though.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Endorph posted:

please look forward to your new event schedule, which is just the fate/zero event on loop, forever

The Zero event adds Angra Mainyu to the FP gacha, but since he's from F/HA, the Zero event has been cancelled

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

SpaceDrake posted:

(That said, CCC should come out in English, because while I'm sure some parts of it would raise eyebrows at least, it really is That Fuckin' Good. It was one of the swan song RPGs of the PSP.)

I'm pretty sure Passionlip does more than raise eyebrows for many people.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Also episode 1 of Apocrypha, but that was after FGO released in the US

Sciencegar
Dec 21, 2013

I'm afraid its because of Super-Science.

Regular-Ass Science is innocent.

SpaceDrake posted:

Also, that comment about context just... isn't true, at least in my experience.

Hmm, good food for thought. You helped me realise that these translators likely haven't even started looking at the GUDAGUDA text in more than an overview sense yet, since they're still neck-deep in finishing Okeanos' script. So the panel might be even more hypothetical than originally thought, and there's even less reason to panic.

What it does make more obvious, however, is than Aniplex has no idea how hungry for info their players are, and no way to distribute whats safe to tell to their audience. They need up up their social media game, since they're in the spotlight now.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Even with both of their designs toned down in FGO Meltlilith looks way dumber than Passionlip.

edit; Oh no wait I just saw the original CCC designs and no they're both bad. Passionlip still has a cooler conceit though.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Aug 27, 2017

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Everyone will be shocked to learn that the panel summary image was written by a 4chan anon who wasn't at the event but had read a couple of posts by someone who was watched a periscope of it. Only the best sources here.

Thundersword238
Oct 15, 2012

Also, some people who were at the event have started coming out and saying a good chunk of the stuff said in that post is either speculation of flat out incorrect information. From what they said it sounds like GudaGuda is already being worked on, the translator was just saying some stuff in there is hard to work with since we don't have the manga as reference for some of the jokes.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

RMZXAnarchy posted:

It raises something down here. Heyoo!

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Which will do more damage: Buster > Arts > Arts or Arts > Arts > Buster?

Thundersword238
Oct 15, 2012

Buster Arts Arts will do more damage. Starting with a buster causes the arts cards to do more damage.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dr Pepper posted:

Which will do more damage: Buster > Arts > Arts or Arts > Arts > Buster?

the first card in the set defines the later cards in the set

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Thundersword238 posted:

Buster Arts Arts will do more damage. Starting with a buster causes the arts cards to do more damage.

Yeah I knew that. I just wanted to know if the higher damage multiplier for a Buster card on the final hit will do more damage then the damage bonus added onto the Arts cards.

Like, assume this isn't a Brave Chain. Is the bonus from having the first card be Buster big enough.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yes

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
To all the people worried, remember this: All of human wisdom is contained in these three words: Wait and hope.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Dr Pepper posted:

Yeah I knew that. I just wanted to know if the higher damage multiplier for a Buster card on the final hit will do more damage then the damage bonus added onto the Arts cards.

Like, assume this isn't a Brave Chain. Is the bonus from having the first card be Buster big enough.

Yes, BAA will do much more damage than AAB overall: the Buster card will do similar damage either way (because the Buster chain bonus is enough to make up for it being the first card instead of the last), and the Arts cards will do way more damage in the Buster chain. The damage formulas are here if you want to investigate further for yourself.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Gologle posted:

To all the people worried, remember this: All of human wisdom is contained in these three words: Wait and hope.

gently caress you Dantes! You are one of the least frequent rate-ups!

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/6wgm6s/gudaguda_ccc_are_not_cancelled_you_geniuses/

congratulations doom sayers

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Plutonis posted:

gently caress you Dantes! You are one of the least frequent rate-ups!

If Jalter doesn't come out to play for 10 million DLs I'm going to begin to suspect they're avoiding her on purpose.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

10million DLs is a nice round number to have a big celebration event about so they might go big with several banners/giveaways in a row or something.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

SpaceDrake posted:

If Jalter doesn't come out to play for 10 million DLs I'm going to begin to suspect they're avoiding her on purpose.

Isn't she one of the most popular Servants in the game?

Like, if you don't bust her out for a big milestone like that what would you put instead?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Dr Pepper posted:

Like, if you don't bust her out for a big milestone like that what would you put instead?

Nero Alter, duh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dr Pepper posted:

ereshkigal