Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Actual things happening in this episode. Only 5 left!

As Jim Ross would say, "Business is about to pick up, folks."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Lol, poor Eichhorst just can't catch a break, can he

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Baby b blood plotline seems kinda lame.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

steinrokkan posted:

Lol, poor Eichhorst just can't catch a break, can he

He would if he could just stop being an idiot for five seconds.

'Oh what are you possibly going to do with tha- :supaburn:'

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

DarklyDreaming posted:

I didn't like the reveal of the concentration camp. Why would anyone be surprised by that?
lmao when Corey Stoll was feigning weak shock at something milder than his character has witnessed repeatedly all series long

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Shitenshi posted:

Quinlan and some girl he just met playing dress up with him is still a better love story than Twilight.

They were both on Black Sails but I don't think their characters ever actually met each other.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Tenzarin posted:

Baby b blood plotline seems kinda lame.

I enjoy this plotline because of how lame it is. Eichhorst is torturing probably a hundred or so innocent women, forcing a few dozen more doctors into work they'd never do without a gun to their head, while wasting a ridiculous amount of time, effort, and resources, just so he can have the vampire equivalent of an ice cream sundae whenever he wants :allears:

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Makes sense to me. If I were vampire general I would do poo poo like that too.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
I hope when Vampire Abby finally says she'll blow Zach after he does more of his fedora bullshit to try and woo her undead rear end (because you know the Master is still gonna gently caress with this kid's head by playing hard to get), she stings him right in the dick.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
What a cute plum carrier story for Zack! Friend zoned.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Aug 21, 2017

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

Tenzarin posted:

What a cute plum carrier story for Zack! Friend zoned.
Zach is the rare type of dweeb that manages to be friend zoned and cock block another dude at the same time.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

4 more episodes left. We inch closer to the possibility of Zack, King of the Shitlords, being killed in glorious fashion.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

quinn should rock those victorian duds all the time

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ewww, Zack's gonna bang that walking corpse.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Ewww, Zack's gonna bang that walking corpse.

Nothing about Zach is not disgusting and/or pathetic.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
Zach is worse than the master.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

unlawfulsoup posted:

Zach is worse than the master.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

how does the op not mention what a piece of poo poo zach is, i mean that's basically what everyone is thinking going into this season and it's like the writers want us to hate this character more than the literal nazi

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

zach cuddled with the corpse

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Zach is just an innocent child, you can't blame him for having a pleading young woman murdered by a monster summoned by demons from hell!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

unlawfulsoup posted:

The Strain Season 4: Zach is worse than the master.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

etalian posted:

The Strain Season 1-4: Zach is worse than the master.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Vampire Apocalypse averted yesterday.

https://twitter.com/AndyVoiceover/status/899768309112950784

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

I think the show was suggesting The Master knew Zach's lady friend was spoken for and anticipated this, but it read like an evil monster who views people as snack food gave a teen boy real honest, decent relationship advice and then the teen boy said "gently caress that" and jumped right to stalking, home invasion, and homicide/enslavement.

Anyway,can't wait for Zach's redemption arc

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

eichorst might be a literal nazi and former (and i guess current) overseer of a concentration camp, but least when a woman rejected him for being a nazi turd he didn't murder and rape her, and in that order no less

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

they're literally having zach get on his knees and orally catch old man goo every single episode he blights with his 'drake & josh' plotlines, lmao

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
That was a really good episode. I wasn't expecting them to kill off the hot black woman right after she was introduced, while it took them this long to kill off an old Holocaust survivor and a 120+ year old Nazi, and god help us Zach is still alive. Why does this show have it out for all the female characters? I'm surprised Charlotte had the good sense to get the hell out of dodge.

Please don't kill Dutch.

Shitenshi fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Aug 28, 2017

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
I love that The Master gave Eichhorst an ~Inspirational Speech~ to remind him how awesome he is so he wouldn't kill himself and then Abraham argued the opposite point just before cutting off his head

I guess Desad is going to be the new Eichhorst, but he just doesn't have the smarm for it.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

DarklyDreaming posted:

I love that The Master gave Eichhorst an ~Inspirational Speech~ to remind him how awesome he is so he wouldn't kill himself and then Abraham argued the opposite point just before cutting off his head

I guess Desad is going to be the new Eichhorst, but he just doesn't have the smarm for it.
Heh, and the Master calls Palmer a traitor to humanity while Desai and Eichhorst are standing right loving there.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Well, I'm sad to see Eichorst go, as he was a great villain, but it was a pretty fitting way to go out and it had to come eventually. And if as it seems this is the end of Setrakian, he had an even more badass end and I'm glad he got to take out Eichorst in person. Nice to see Gus back in the fight as well.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
RIP Eichhorst, the greatest slapstick star of our generation.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The commercial for next week's episode showed Setrakian is still alive for a bit.

Poor Desai probably realizes that his days are numbered as a human.

TheAbortionator
Mar 4, 2005

Shitenshi posted:

Heh, and the Master calls Palmer a traitor to humanity while Desai and Eichhorst are standing right loving there.

Eichhorst was ideologically never really for team humanity.

I think it was season 1 where he gives his whole "The master is everything team Hitler was supposed to be" speech and planted his flag firmly for genocide. (that or he just realllllly doesnt like Jews and Setrakian by extension)

Palmer and Desai were more the fare weather fiend type.

TheAbortionator fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Aug 29, 2017

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Johnathan Hyde's outsized vaudevillian ham antics have always been the best part of the show and are sorely missed ever since he's been buried under goofy goober makeup, but it was a real joy to see him return to form during that ridiculous grenade disarming flourish

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Johnathan Hyde's outsized vaudevillian ham antics have always been the best part of the show and are sorely missed ever since he's been buried under goofy goober makeup, but it was a real joy to see him return to form during that ridiculous grenade disarming flourish

I also liked the AWK-warrrrd moment when Eichorst started dissing Palmer and The Master just stared at him before basically going "naw, yeah, Palmer was a scrub. Much like you two." :smug:

TheAbortionator posted:

I think it was season 1 where he gives his whole "The master is everything team Hitler was supposed to be" speech and planted his flag firmly for genocide. (that or he just realllllly doesnt like Jews and Setrakian by extension)

That's the funny/not funny thing about Eichorst. He was so dedicated to the idea of the racial inferiority of the jews, and the worthlessness of their fake jew god, that it consumed him for decades even after he got the reveal that all humans were inferior to the superior vampire race which he'd joined up with. Human racial/ethnic/religious conflicts should be completely meaningless on Vampire Earth, but Eichorst just could not. let. it. go.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

TheAbortionator posted:

Palmer and Desai were more the fare weather fiend type.

In the novel Palmer decided to kill off all humans because he never got laid.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
I'll miss that Nazi bastard. He really was the MVP of the series. No-one else was consistently entertaining like him.

Also, we had another EYEWORM moment. Christ, they love putting that poo poo in there. Who do you think had the grossest infection in the series? I'd be going with Kelly's.

Also kinda hoping Setrakian turns and becomes a Master fanatic for at least an episode. It'd be creepy AF.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Speaking of Kelly, I was catching up on Dark Matter, and a few episodes back on the aftershow they dropped the fact that the same actress plays Sarah on DM. I never noticed before. :aaaaa:

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

I'm mildly disappointed didn't just leave the silver in like they did in the book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
This week's episode was so good. Abraham's parts have always been so good, they really underused him this season. I loved the switch up when he used Eichhorst's line, "watching you through me" when he asked about his god. It's so fitting for how the story ends.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Sep 2, 2017

• Locked thread