Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fickle Isthmus
Aug 2, 2003

I've not turned up yet 'ave I?
It's like they forgot everything on the timeline after 'win over the public'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MlNWYyVdh0

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CrashCat posted:

It works fine on the Pro controller in the full game

Its ok but insane that you cant do all the functions of the game like wide throws or two aimed punches

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/06/rainway_developer_shows_app_in_action_on_nintendo_switch

Not only can you stream games from the Switch to your PC, but it also works in reverse.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Doesn't really matter because it'll never get on the eShop

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

This isn't really something you should say if you produce games where grinding is a big part of the game/the major source of the post-game.

Because I'll be grinding in a game one day, and then I'll remember those words and think to myself, "Why am I bothering if this isn't fun?"

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I see nothing there about streaming from the switch to other things. As far as I know it's always been streaming from other things to the switch.

Klisejo
Apr 13, 2006

Who else see da' Leprechaun say YEAH!
So being someone with congenital bighand syndrome, I always have to buy gips for my systems, so far back as rocking a handyboy .

I knew the stock joycons weren't going to cut it even before I got the system. I first got the Mothca Joy-Con Gel Guards, and they were ok, but still didn't add the heft I like these days (I use the monster hunter grip on my N3DS, and niko power grip for my vita).

My next try has been the Mumba Nintendo Switch case. It adds a little more heft, and I like the textured grips. It also protects the system pretty well from my clumsy rear end.

Sega does what Nintendon't. Like make handhelds so massive we didn't need fancy-pants grips. We needed shoulder straps for the battery packs. :Cranky Kong:

Klisejo fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Aug 28, 2017

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Klisejo posted:

So being someone with congenital bighand syndrome, I always have to buy gips for my systems, so far back as rocking a handyboy .

I knew the stock joycons weren't going to cut it even before I got the system. I first got the Mothca Joy-Con Gel Guards, and they were ok, but still didn't add the heft I like these days (I use the monster hunter grip on my N3DS, and niko power grip for my vita).

My next try has been the Mumba Nintendo Switch case. It adds a little more heft, and I like the textured grips. It also protects the system pretty well from my clumsy rear end.

Sega does what Nintendon't. Like make handhelds so massive we didn't need fancy-pants grips. We needed shoulder straps for the battery packs. :Cranky Kong:

But does it still fit in your jorts?

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL
I just got a neon switch, splatoon 2, Mario kart, sonic, shovel knight, binding of issac and Zelda. Sonic is making me have serious feelings and all the other games I've never played before and loving. Splatoon is so good!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Hey so question: Puyo Puyo Tetris. Can I play just a normal rear end game of neverending Tetris on here or is it only vs modes? I played a game of Tetris for like 3 days straight one day with Tetris DS

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Macaluso posted:

Hey so question: Puyo Puyo Tetris. Can I play just a normal rear end game of neverending Tetris on here or is it only vs modes? I played a game of Tetris for like 3 days straight one day with Tetris DS

You can indeed choose to play just Tetris or just Puyo.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

PPT is the ultimate version of both games and has every mode you can imagine and a couple that you never would have imagined.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

If Retro isn't doing Prime 4, then who is?

idk but I hope if Tropical Freeze isn't being ported over, then we get another DKC game from Retro. TF was absolutely brilliant, probably one of the best 2D platformers ever made. We don't get too many of those aside from Rayman so I'd go for a third one

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

Is rayman brilliant? Never played.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
No more donkey kong please

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

New conkers bad fur day written by Anthony jeselnik

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

GoldfishStew posted:

yah get it

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

GoldfishStew posted:

Yes. It also includes most of the levels from the previous good Rayman before it so it's a good buy.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Detective No. 27 posted:

PPT is the ultimate version of both games and has every mode you can imagine and a couple that you never would have imagined.

Wait, does it have the 4×4 square block feature of New Tetris? Or the increasingly insane pieces of Magical Tetris Challenge?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

animal crossing for my phone is still coming out this year right

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Rayman Origins is one of the best 2D platformers I've ever played.

For some reason I didn't really like Legends as much even if it did have most of Origins stages bundled in. It's original levels just didn't feel nearly as hard or tricky to me. Still though it's like a 8/10

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

GoldfishStew posted:

It has a few truly inspired bits and most of it is above average, mechanically. The background art is delightful and it has a lot of content. I loathe the character design of pretty much all of the main cast and I still enjoyed the game quite a bit in spite of that.

Once I got the Viking chick with the big axe I was content. Still ugly, but way way better than the main cast.

Yeah, get it.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Hace posted:

No more donkey kong please

Hey Nintendo and Retro don't ever listen to this goddamned fool

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Viewtiful Jew posted:

This isn't really something you should say if you produce games where grinding is a big part of the game/the major source of the post-game.

Because I'll be grinding in a game one day, and then I'll remember those words and think to myself, "Why am I bothering if this isn't fun?"

i don't disagree w/r/t grinding, but what nintendo game has really ever needed grinding? they don't make that many rpg's in the first place, but pokemon and the paper mario series aren't exactly grindfests

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mandatory lesbian posted:

i don't disagree w/r/t grinding, but what nintendo game has really ever needed grinding? they don't make that many rpg's in the first place, but pokemon and the paper mario series aren't exactly grindfests

lol if you don't have a full squad of level 99 metapods

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Viewtiful Jew posted:

This is quite the hill to die on Holmes.

The guy who originally posted that "Rhythm Heaven is cancelled franchise and also no Mother 3 in the US ever" article last week just came out with another one after Yoshio Sakaguchi flat out said no. Like he wasn't even coy about it he straight up said "No the franchise ain't dead."

Rhythm Heaven, a hit series made by a very small team, is cancelled forever because Satoru Iwata died even though the SPD-EAD merger pre-dated Iwata's death and was in fact an initiative by Iwata to consolidate staff in one location.

???

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Macaluso posted:

Yes, in the root menu, just choose "Tetris" in the bottom row and that's endless Tetris.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

Detective No. 27 posted:

I must be missing something because I can only get the main menu Tetris to play to 150 lines, and none of the modes from the ds Tetris that I liked are in this one. You are either a dirty rotten liar or I am a dirty rotten dumbass.

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.
Go into Challenge mode in the solo menu.

If you select marathon Tetris, in the customize menu before you start it has an endless option.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Sunning posted:

Rhythm Heaven, a hit series made by a very small team, is cancelled forever because Satoru Iwata died even though the SPD-EAD merger pre-dated Iwata's death and was in fact an initiative by Iwata to consolidate staff in one location.

???
It seems like the actual reason rhythm heaven is in trouble is because one of the lead people has had to semi-retire because of throat cancer, but that still doesn't make the series dead, obviously. Lot of people involved in those games.

I bet it gets an iOS game that reuses a lot of old content ala Megamix. It's extremely mobile-friendly.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Quest For Glory II posted:

It seems like the actual reason rhythm heaven is in trouble is because one of the lead people has had to semi-retire because of throat cancer, but that still doesn't make the series dead, obviously. Lot of people involved in those games.

I bet it gets an iOS game that reuses a lot of old content ala Megamix. It's extremely mobile-friendly.

I would say that tsunku is like THE lead person. He essentially created the series and wrote most of the music.

You're right that that doesn't mean the series is dead, but my hopes for a new game in the series just went way down.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Super Mario Odyssey has been cancelled.

I mean it's possible it may still come out but it's definitely cancelled.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Quest For Glory II posted:

IMO it works better as a mobile game if anything

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I kinda wanna know what the embargo for Rabbids + Mario is. I'm getting FINAL BOSS videos from places I assume have review copies and places like Gamexplain went on a huge binge of videos the other day showing various bosses off.

Yet no one is allowed to show review for some reason?

Embargoes have gotten crazy recently; you just don't hear about it often because one of the terms is always "don't talk about the embargo". It's completely normal these days for the conditions on getting a game early to be things like "You may post three hours of video, but no one video may be longer than half an hour. You may not release screenshots of Regular Luigi or Rabbid Yoshi, but they may appear in videos. Videos cannot include Regular Yoshi or any stages containing lava. You can describe the game as you play it, but this cannot be a review and you may only speak for 15 minutes on one video. You may not impersonate Charles Martinet in any coverage."

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Giant Bomb have been pretty open about how ridiculous Nintendo's embargos are. I'm assuming there were either no restrictions on pre-release video other than you can't review it, or they sent it to a bunch of Youtube types who just ignored those terms and said "well I haven't signed anything so...."

KingEup
Nov 18, 2004
I am a REAL ADDICT
(to threadshitting)

Please ask me for my google inspired wisdom on shit I know nothing about. Actually, you don't even have to ask.

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

Wait, does it have the 4×4 square block feature of New Tetris?

I don't believe it does.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Laura Dale mentioned that that the review embargo for Mario/Rabbids is up today but most people only got download codes yesterday. In other words any review popping up in a couple of hours will be worthless trash.
Also odd that Ubisoft doesn't seem to have put any restrictions on what influencers can stream right now.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

njsykora posted:

Giant Bomb have been pretty open about how ridiculous Nintendo's embargos are. I'm assuming there were either no restrictions on pre-release video other than you can't review it, or they sent it to a bunch of Youtube types who just ignored those terms and said "well I haven't signed anything so...."

Yeah but all first party Nintendo games got reviews posted several days in advance. This game comes out tomorrow, is by Ubisoft, and has questionable quality, and delaying reviews this late makes me think this game is as repetitive as I figured from videos of the rather boring battles.

I'm expecting pretty mediocre reviews if Ubisoft is delaying this hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Yeah but all first party Nintendo games got reviews posted several days in advance. This game comes out tomorrow, is by Ubisoft, and has questionable quality, and delaying reviews this late makes me think this game is as repetitive as I figured from videos of the rather boring battles.

I'm expecting pretty mediocre reviews if Ubisoft is delaying this hard

There is like no correlation between dumb embargoes and game quality though

• Locked thread