Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I've preordered Mario+Rabbids so I can save $12, play through it and sell it back in time for Odyssey. They perfect system for the perfect system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Why don't you just do gamefly if you already plan to resell it?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Beastie posted:

I've preordered Mario+Rabbids so I can save $12, play through it and sell it back in time for Odyssey. They perfect system for the perfect system.

:yeah:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Norns posted:

Why don't you just do gamefly if you already plan to resell it?

I was about to post a screenshot of my Gamefly Q saying that Mario + Rabbids was "Low Availability", but I just got a shipping alert so I'm good to go :cabot:

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I was about to post a screenshot of my Gamefly Q saying that Mario + Rabbids was "Low Availability", but I just got a shipping alert so I'm good to go :cabot:

Hey me too! :)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Beastie posted:

Saving $12 and losing out on having the game available in your console forever? No thanks, friend. Digital 110% for me.

Deltron 3030
Jul 23, 2006

I submit that you took that baseball, stashed it in your unusually large vagina, and walked right on out of here!
My girlfriend got pretty addicted to Puyo Puyo Tetris, which was cool because she has never been much of a gamer, but devastating because it meant I couldn't bring my Switch to work or play as much in general.

Now she is out of state for work and I can go back to being an irredeemable, lonely fool. Oh... :(

On the other hand, Splatoon 2 still rules.

On the additional hand, the water zone in Sonic Mania is a bitch. I had 3 lives going into the Act 1 boss, lost 2 on the collapsing escape part, then timed out because I had no idea what to do in the submarine thing you use.

Klisejo
Apr 13, 2006

Who else see da' Leprechaun say YEAH!

Imagined posted:

At least there were some 2D/pixel art games on PS1 that have aged well, e.g. Symphony of the Night.

Saga Frontier 2 with its watercolors still looks good.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Saving $12 and losing out on having the game available in your console forever? No thanks, friend. Digital 110% for me.

Physical is a better long term solution.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I'm going to play this game once so a net loss of $15 isn't a big deal. I can honestly say I won't come back to this game, dlc or otherwise.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyjTzc7EH4I

D:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

So it's Stardew Valley except with golf instead of agriculture?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

When?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

This has legit been one of my most anticipated games ever since this trailer came out.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

WHEN?????

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I never knew I wanted to play a game with golf espionage action.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Deltron 3030 posted:

My girlfriend got pretty addicted to Puyo Puyo Tetris, which was cool because she has never been much of a gamer, but devastating because it meant I couldn't bring my Switch to work or play as much in general.

Now she is out of state for work and I can go back to being an irredeemable, lonely fool. Oh... :(

My girlfriend really only plays The Sims and Animal Crossing. She's recently taken a shine to Spla2n and now outranks me.

I'm definitely going to have to purchase another Switch when a mainline Animal Crossing gets announced. We are bad at sharing.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

njsykora posted:

This has legit been one of my most anticipated games ever since this trailer came out.

:same:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

How do you think the Mario + Rabbids cart will taste?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Dr. VooDoo posted:

It's Ubisoft, so lies and contempt. And radio towers.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Bitter, but also strangely sweet.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I ordered Rabbids. Sigh. Such is the current state of the Switch. Hopefully I enjoy it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

I don't understand what I am seeing but I like it and feel this is the natural successor to card jockey racing awesomeness.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Hace posted:

No more donkey kong please
gently caress off. Both new Country games are some of the best platformers of all time.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

No Donkey Kong Country for old men.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Golf Story looks like it's heavily influenced by the greatest golf video game of all time, Mario Golf: Advance Tour. Hopefully the actual golf part of it feels just as tight. I'm pretty hopeful for it.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Al Borland Corp. posted:

No Donkey Kong Country for old men.

I like this post

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Oh poo poo, I was waiting for the next Mario Golf title but this looks way better. Hopefully the controls are good and not that analog stick bullshit Infinite Minigolf pulled.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Bill Barber posted:

Golf Story looks like it's heavily influenced by the greatest golf video game of all time, Mario Golf: Advance Tour. Hopefully the actual golf part of it feels just as tight. I'm pretty hopeful for it.

Camelot did insanely great work with the Golf and Tennis Advance, shame they couldn't uplift that last tennis game

Waltzing Along posted:

I ordered Rabbids. Sigh. Such is the current state of the Switch. Hopefully I enjoy it.

lol what even is this sentiment

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I'm skipping Mario + Rabbids because I actually forgot Pokken was coming in a bit

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/902214514078359553

Stardew soon?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Stardew/Golf Story def gotta be on that.

Crossing fingers for anything from Supergiant / Ruiner / Darkest Dungeon being a surprise announcement

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I hope we get a Spelunky announcement.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

hatty posted:

Stardew soon?

The day after I get Yooka Laylee

So never maybe

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

The last one of these had some great titles, most of which haven't come out yet. Hopefully this one is a little firmer on dates.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

SeANMcBAY posted:

I hope we get a Spelunky announcement.

I want Spelunky so bad but not enough to make a JP account or find a place that sells the JP cards.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Ausgoons.

Pretty much everyone except EB Games has Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle for $69AU instead of EB Games' price of $89AU.

However, MightyApe has a decent bundle for $65AUD with the preorder DLC, a poster, and a screen protector for $65AUD, and OzGameShophas just the game for $65AU with free shipping shipping if you want to save an extra $4.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

is Zelda the only Switch game that eclipses more than like 2 or 3 gigs so far? Seems all the games I get like ARMS, Bomberman, etc. are around just 2gigs.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

DLC Inc posted:

is Zelda the only Switch game that eclipses more than like 2 or 3 gigs so far? Seems all the games I get like ARMS, Bomberman, etc. are around just 2gigs.

Dragon Quest Heroes 1&2 is 32 GB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Wargroove status: I still want to play it

• Locked thread