Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Weedle posted:

Is there a fix for the frame drops in Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut on Windows 10? Most of the time it runs fine but sometimes I get serious stutter when moving around a new area, I guess as it's streaming level data in. I have a PCIe SSD so that shouldn't be an issue at all. I remember hearing somewhere that the Director's Cut is based on an unpatched version of the original game, and that the original release eventually got an official performance patch. Is there a Steam-compatible fan patch somewhere that brings these fixes to the DC, or just some kind of system tweak that I can use to get around this? It's really rustling my jimmies. Thanks!

https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Deus_...he_same_time.29

Try the stuff from this section, I never noticed stuttering after applying them on my recent replay this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Is Strike Vector EX any good if I just want to play it against one friend of mine? I understand that the single player is weak and that the multiplayer is dead. Is it good in 1v1?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

:rolldice:

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Ha whoops. Glad it wasn't something more embarrassing in my clipboard.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/476360/Strike_Vector_EX/

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Jamfrost posted:

Hmm. Maybe it'll hit Minecraft numbers and then the dev will go crazy with all that money.

Square Enix Playerunknown

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
PUBG 2 GabeNewell's Battlegrounds

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
It's kind of amazing that one of the most popular games of our time is early access and also has like, the shittiest name for a game ever

Orv
May 4, 2011
If a game is good a game is good.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
Man, I finally finished Shadow Warrior 2. Bought it at launch, played some, put ti down, played some a few months later, put it down, played some, rinse-repeat until I finally beat it yesterday. gently caress that game.

Lot of wasted potential and just so many problems that I can't even begin to go into detail over everything wrong with it. Shame because some of the underlying shooting and chopping people up bits was actually very good. And the game just kind of ends suddenly after all that.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Orv posted:

If a game is good a game is good.

actually,

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo. A Hat in Time is actually releasing October 5th.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
So I just tried out the demo for the Circa Infinity game mentioned a little while earlier (it has a demo, by the way, no excuse not to check it out since it takes like 1 minute to download) and this game is really my jam. Definitely going to get it. But not tonight, or else I'll be up until 2 AM.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

Mokinokaro posted:

I could listen to her say "Choo choo!" all day.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Mokinokaro posted:

is Jontron still a voice

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Mokinokaro posted:

i'll believe it when i actually see it released :colbert:

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Light Gun Man posted:

It's kind of amazing that one of the most popular games of our time is early access and also has like, the shittiest name for a game ever

If something really takes off its name quickly becomes irrelevant. See: Nintendo Wii

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Xaris posted:

Man, I finally finished Shadow Warrior 2. Bought it at launch, played some, put ti down, played some a few months later, put it down, played some, rinse-repeat until I finally beat it yesterday. gently caress that game.

Lot of wasted potential and just so many problems that I can't even begin to go into detail over everything wrong with it. Shame because some of the underlying shooting and chopping people up bits was actually very good. And the game just kind of ends suddenly after all that.

I thought it was a good sequel?

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
Shadow Warrior 2 is excellent until any of the characters open their mouths.

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

Oh, Ho-oh oh oh, oh whoa oh oh oh
I'll get 'em caught, show Oak what I've got

Phlegmish posted:

I thought it was a good sequel?
Depends what you expect. If Shadow Warrior 2013 was an arena fps with leveling, SW2 is a Borderlands-y loot shooter. SW-13's story was easily the high point but they handwaved a lot of that away in 2. I liked it, the gameplay was vastly better in the second one but the story is all over the place.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I got a new graphics card.

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice is super pretty and seems pretty drat hosed up so far. I love how the voices in your head actually are an integral part of the combat. The extremely small viewframe means that without their whispered warnings, you would have absolutely no way of knowing when you're getting attacked from behind/the sides.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Kanfy posted:

If something really takes off its name quickly becomes irrelevant. See: Nintendo Wii

Well it's kinda cool because it shows that stuff can be enjoyed and successful regardless of like, severe marketing. I doubt that game was focus grouped either, although I suppose in it's case it had previous iterations as mods as data to compare.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

hows darkwoods?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I bought it thanks to the free version the devs put out. I like it. It's buzzword gameplay (procedural generation, roguelike, dark souls bonfire mechanic, crafting, scavenging, nightly zombie defense) in a standard RPG with quests and various ways to solve them, goals, and a couple of endings. The sound design is amazing and I haven't been scared of creaking doors since Amnesia Dark Descent. The combat is very clunky (but I like it sometimes) and I'm kinda frustrated since you're going to get into a fight in this eventually even though you should be avoiding it and I keep dying during night defense but the penalty is so light (see below).

The procedural generation is just placing handmade set pieces in the environment and which way they're facing so the world is pretty interesting. I think it only happens when you start a new game

I like the difficulty settings: normal = lose a couple of items on the ground on death, lose free money for trading; hard = limited lives and a chance to get more if you find items; nightmare = 1 life

There's no sound jump scares but plenty of enemies who will pop out of the darkness or break through your defenses

It feels like STALKER if you added the gameplay elements I mentioned since it's set in some Eastern European country in 1987

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Aug 28, 2017

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Macaluso posted:

is Jontron still a voice

Haven't seen any news of him being removed so I'd assume so.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I really liked Shadow Warrior 2 for the most part but it's one of those games that seriously suffered from having "procedural everything".

It ended up having a very limited map pool so you'd be running around the same maps like 3000 times, the loot was poo poo and coupled with a terrible UI and mostly useless stats... not worth dealing with except for the damage types due to enemies having resistances.

You'd outlevel cool weapons extremely quickly leaving you with a bunch of trash tier weapons in your inventory at all times, I really wish they had given you a way to upscale weapons to make them useful for the entire game.

I just wasn't crazy about the RPG side of the game in general, it wasn't implemented very well and only served to muddy the flow.

As a result, I never actually got around to beating it just because of how repetitive and samey it was, never felt like I was progressing the game towards anything due to the mission structure and map design.

But, it was a blast in co-op and I don't regret getting it primarily for that... it had really meaty combat and great movement for a change and that was worth it too.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Deakul posted:

I really liked Shadow Warrior 2 for the most part but it's one of those games that seriously suffered from having "procedural everything".

It ended up having a very limited map pool so you'd be running around the same maps like 3000 times, the loot was poo poo and coupled with a terrible UI and mostly useless stats... not worth dealing with except for the damage types due to enemies having resistances.

You'd outlevel cool weapons extremely quickly leaving you with a bunch of trash tier weapons in your inventory at all times, I really wish they had given you a way to upscale weapons to make them useful for the entire game.

I just wasn't crazy about the RPG side of the game in general, it wasn't implemented very well and only served to muddy the flow.

As a result, I never actually got around to beating it just because of how repetitive and samey it was, never felt like I was progressing the game towards anything due to the mission structure and map design.

But, it was a blast in co-op and I don't regret getting it primarily for that... it had really meaty combat and great movement for a change and that was worth it too.

My personal dream would be for Flying Wild Hog to team up with CDP and design the combat on Cyberpunk.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
nvm, me dumb

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Imagined posted:

Ha whoops. Glad it wasn't something more embarrassing in my clipboard.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/476360/Strike_Vector_EX/

I believe there are bots that can hep flush out the sides so it not just 1v1.

I played on the original non-EX verison but 1v1 could be interesting as you will both be hunting each other down, quickly switching between Strike and Vector modes to hide/maneuver, and laying in wait around the maps. As long as you two have a gentlemen agreement to not use the sniper weapon its a really fun time.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
So after seeing it played on Giant Bomb, I'm thinking of giving Path of Exile another go with my brother, since it looks like they made combat feel better than I remember it. I do have one question. Can I get through the main story at least without having to follow some sort of optimal build guide? I'm sure I'd be hosed when it comes to the post-game stuff but I typically make ARPG characters around what I think seems cool rather than maximum efficiency.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Mordja posted:

So after seeing it played on Giant Bomb, I'm thinking of giving Path of Exile another go with my brother, since it looks like they made combat feel better than I remember it. I do have one question. Can I get through the main story at least without having to follow some sort of optimal build guide? I'm sure I'd be hosed when it comes to the post-game stuff but I typically make ARPG characters around what I think seems cool rather than maximum efficiency.

If you go in totally blind you're probably going to stall out at some point around A4-5 where you can feasibly get through it, but at a rate unacceptable for ARPGs, especially if you're mostly working from self-found. PoE is a game where you really need a guide if you don't want to reroll.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
The original 4 acts are totally doable without following guides..

The new 6? Yeeeaah that is going to take some optimizing, particularly A9 and 10. Game takes off the kid gloves after you kill the original end bosses.

Orv
May 4, 2011
loving what

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bViPhnt9Rk

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
How long (roughly) is Hellblade? I keep hearing it described alternately as an action game and a walking simulator so I'm really not sure if I want to pull the plug on that.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Holy poo poo.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

INCREDIBLE

RUNE WAS INCREDIBLE. I'M 100% DOWN. LETS DO THIS.

ALSO PLAY RUNE YOU FUCKERS, IT'S STILL GREAT.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

anilEhilated posted:

How long (roughly) is Hellblade? I keep hearing it described alternately as an action game and a walking simulator so I'm really not sure if I want to pull the plug on that.

It's 6-8 hours long, the combat is functional but pretty minimalist and it's not the main focus of the game. It's a very narrative-heavy piece that evenly splits its time between fighting, puzzles, and atmosphere.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
The only thing I know about Rune is that it had a viking with a huge battlehammer and that it didn't run on my Pentium 166 :negative:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
:stare: Human Head still exists?

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Mordja posted:

Outside of the Rune news, I'm going to say don't listen to these other guys.

All you need to do is make sure you at LEAST have 150-180%ish + Life, and close to/max Resistances. Resistances are super important because story stuff happens that causes your Resistances to get knocked down for awhile.

If you have that, you can build whatever and it'll work. With the FoO expansion there are some people posting videos of builds that shouldn't work being fine for the final endgame bosses now because of the changes. It's just a game that expects you put your points into survivability alongside whatever cool thing you wanted.

It's also super easy to reach both of those numbers for basically every class but the Hunter/Assassin, so go hog and have fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Holy gently caress, a new Rune by the original devs?

It better have multiplayer, the mp was amazing in the originals... especially with that mutator that let you fly animals around while still being able to use weapons. :allears:

And I better still be able to beat people to death with their own limbs. :black101: