Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

1. 2 penny bottle imp
  2. derp
  3. DivineCoffeeBinge
  4. Flamander
  5. flerp
  6. got some chores tonight
  7. Kashuno
  8. Retro Futurist
  9. Mr. F!
  10. The Ninth Layer
  11. this is a stickup
  12. Tobbs Gnawed
  13. yronic heroism

The Deadly Departed
Retro Futurist, Hope Abernathy, Lychford Jack of All Trades was run out of town day one!
Flamander, Prince Orlaith of the Winter Court Disguised as a Boring Human, Monster Jailor was executed day two!
Tobbs Gnawed, Precious Brown, Lychford Vanilla was consumed in fire night two!
Kashuno, Marnie Macintosh, Lychford Echo Cop left town night two!

Shaunda Moss rubbed at her temples as the rest of the council tittered. This had been the third town hall meeting to discuss the construction of the new Tesco and somehow it had been uglier than the last two. One on hand, you had those who wanted the convenience and opportunity afforded by the new flagship store. On the other hand, there were those who couldn’t stomach all that would have to be destroyed to accommodate such a venture, or else were rightfully worried they’d be put out of business. On either side, there could be no compromise.

Shaunda put a hand up to call the rest of the council to order, thankfully they obliged without her having to raise her voice. “Alright then, once more I suppose before we adjourn, time for the ‘secret ballots.’" It was a joke, they’d taken a secret poll after each town hall previous and the result both times had been a unanimous ‘no’ to the new Tesco. ‘Better just to stay out of it,’ they had all agreed. Lychford was a sleepy town, there was no sense in trying to wake it up.

After the voting hat had been passed around, Shaunda gave it a playful shake and then dumped its contents onto the table. “And there we have it folks, another unanimous…”

On the table, mixed in with the majority of ‘no’ votes, were a handful of ‘yes’ votes. Shaunda licked her lips nervously and looked around the table. No one was saying anything.This couldn’t be. The vote was still ages away, but the results of a ‘yes’ vote could be so spectacularly dangerous that Shaunda was forced to consider them for the first time.

Long after everyone else had left, Shaunda was pouring over the construction plans Tesco’s representative had provided them. ‘Sweet Mary Mother and Joseph,’ she whispered. They’d be tearing right through the five-spoked point at town center, the very foundation of the barrier. Without that in place… Shaunda thought about the ghastly thing she’d seen along the north edge of town last week. The barrier was getting weaker every year, the ghouls and ghasts and other strange beasts that lurked about the woods would have no problem tearing through it once its support was removed. Only the handful of the Sighted and Witchblessed would even be able to see it as it happened. Shaunda moved to grab her mobile with shaking hands, as the lights in the council chamber flickered and then went out altogether.

This is a Mafia game for thirteen players. It is not a standard setup, I am using an undisclosed variant. That said, it is still Mafia and you are still hunting scum.

rules
1. no krells. sorry krell.
2. be cool. it's okay if you egg someone on to make them lose their cool like a dingus but don't make it personal. no slurs etc.
3. post if you sign up. i'll do the 'free execution' lurker rules if it's a problem.
4. don't edit your posts. ninja edits are fine because i can't stop you. it's an instant modkill otherwise.
5. don't talk after you are dead at all please. you will be sent a link to an observer doc if you want to talk about the game after you have passed on.
6. don't post after the hammer.
7. chase flavor arguments at your own risk. i am not consistent at all and it is a bad idea.
8. no replacements after d2.
9. don't directly quote any communication from me, including your role pm. if you have oot communication with another player that rule still applies.
10. don't fake day actions.

signups
1. derp
2. gsct
3. flerp
4. this is a stickup
5. Kashuno
6. Mr F
7. DivineCoffeeBinge
8. 2 penny bottle imp
9. yronic heroism
10. Retro Futurist
11. Flamander
12. Saith
13. tnl

Somberbrero fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Sep 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
hello i am not a witch but i would like to kill some

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
unless they are the goodguys then i will kill the lynchfords

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
join

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
hello i am here to play badly

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

no capital letters allowed

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
mafia is dead. kill me

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
put me on team no caps

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
sure

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

I'm in

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
I have not played Mafia in some time and I seem to recall not being especially good at it so naturally this seems like a great game for me to jump right into, sign me up please

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

I have not played Mafia in some time and I seem to recall not being especially good at it so naturally this seems like a great game for me to jump right into, sign me up please

welcome! no one is actually good at mafia.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
we are being surrounded by dirty capitalists. lowercasists will not be oppressed

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SCUMMER
Why join 1 game when you could join 2?

I'm in.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

2 penny bottle imp posted:

Why join 1 game when you could join 2?

I'm in.

embrace your lowercase posting nature

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

got some chores tonight posted:

embrace your lowercase posting nature

I'm not going to submit to your period pressure.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
lowercase is pLayed out now. time for rAndom cap

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

derp posted:

more like random crap

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

derp posted:

AnCap does not mean Anarchy in Capitalization

also it is stupid

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

flerp posted:

more like random crap

game hasn't started yet and shots already fired :drat:

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
whatEver. like I care what worDs or letters are capitaliZed

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

I'm in don't judge me phone has autocorrect

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
hey just four more and we can kick this pig.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
excuse me but kicking pigs is nothing to joke about or laugh at, several pigs per year die from fractured ribs sustained from hateful kicks

#StopPigKickingNow

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
ok ill kick you instead

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
hello i just said to stop kicking pigs you dingus

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i dont read any of ur posts sry

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
its probably for the best

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
aw come on guys this is depressing

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

More like witches of lynchford amirite

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

ohnopop

Flamander
May 4, 2009
Yeah sure, I'll get in on this.

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...
Regular Penguins look just the same!
Me too

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
long live georgia binnes

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

This will be a great game, I guarantee it.

Somber make me a replacement, but give that last spot to some other lucky player.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
This is but a prelude!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
My first post will be replacing out for Hal.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
nice. I like it

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
there is... a small non-game issue here that needs to be addressed real quick, but otherwise the game will start tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Somberbrero posted:

there is... a small non-game issue here that needs to be addressed real quick, but otherwise the game will start tonight.

Noice!

• Locked thread