Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Mark of the Ninja is great. I always want to go back and play it on the harder NG+ difficulty but it does a really weird thing where all the screen apart from your vision cone is dark and shadowy and it gives me a headache

i think i cleared that. MotN is super forgiving and gives you so many choices that the lack of vision doesnt really impair you much, so i hope you can overcome the bad nausea feeling and stick through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Mark of the Ninja is great. I always want to go back and play it on the harder NG+ difficulty but it does a really weird thing where all the screen apart from your vision cone is dark and shadowy and it gives me a headache

I'd be tempted to give it another playthrough on NG+ but my backlog needs attention

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
I really liked how once you get the fear mask or w/e its called a lot of the levels just become a puzzle of finding the right spot to kill some1 & then watching a rube goldberg of ppl freaking out & shooting their friends point blank.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
after beating Thief Gold earlier this year, ive started THief 2: The Metal Age.

the police station level was cool. my usual mo is blackjack and hide every other guard so the "only knock out or kill 2 guards" constraint was fun.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

the stealth game goomba stomp is ghosting a level with 0 kills/knockouts without being seen

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

extremely steampunk posted:

the stealth game goomba stomp is ghosting a level with 0 kills/knockouts without being seen
That's like saying beating Super Mario Bros without dying is a goomba stomp.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
In dishonored the goomba stomp is a goomba stomp :eyepop:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

FactsAreUseless posted:

That's like saying beating Super Mario Bros without dying is a goomba stomp.

Yeah a goomba stomp should be more specific, like ghosting through a new section/area of a stealth game on the first try without having to get the enemy pathways and patterns down.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Why are you all saying goomba stomp all the time this isnt mario

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Coolguye posted:

In dishonored the goomba stomp is a goomba stomp :eyepop:

Dropping off the highest point of a level and breaking your fall with an air assassination is a good goomba stomp

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Stop saying goombastomp!!! Mario isnt stealth! gently caress!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ArfJason posted:

Stop saying goombastomp!!! Mario isnt stealth! gently caress!!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3779298

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

this seems really gay to me sry

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Styxx master of shadows is kinda clunky but fun

Flopstick
Jul 10, 2011

Top Cop

julian assflange posted:

Tenchu 1 and 2 are worth playing again if you can put up with the graphics.

Tenchu 1 is great because the debug codes allow you to play it split screen coop as a cat that shits grenades.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

ArfJason posted:

this seems really gay to me sry

Celebrating satisfying game feels is not gay.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

goombastomp: having a penis inside your rear end and cumming all over yourself

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

rediscover posted:

Celebrating satisfying game feels is not gay.

I mean itemizing it and giving it a dumb name like its a tvtrope article, but Im also a famished retar, its cool if others likw it

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Control Volume posted:

goombastomp: having a penis inside your rear end and cumming all over yourself

i called them anal orgasms because its the first one i thought of, how ive probably had my rear end hosed 10000000000 in my lifetime and it always feels awesome, the little squish effect, the fact that it maintains your forward momentum and you can fly off of them like springs. Bellisimo!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

trying to jack off posted:

i called them anal orgasms because its the first one i thought of, how ive probably had my rear end hosed 10000000000 in my lifetime and it always feels awesome, the little squish effect, the fact that it maintains your forward momentum and you can fly off of them like springs. Bellisimo!

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

ArfJason posted:

I mean itemizing it and giving it a dumb name like its a tvtrope article, but Im also a famished retar, its cool if others likw it

I can respect that. Cheers

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Well, after a long time playing Rainbow Six, I've bought PUBG. I've only played it for a few hours, but I love lurking and slinking around in it, much like in H1Z1:KotK. After an hour or so of playing, I managed to reach 5th spot without killing anyone, which was pretty cool. (Could've shot a guy near the end, but I decided to let him run off and get himself killed by someone else, so I could remain hidden. Worked well enough, as him and his killer both died as a result)
Seems pretty good so far! Definitely more streamlined than H1Z1, but I think all the changes they made were for the best, from what I've seen so far. I like all the attachments, too.

Is anyone else here in the Asia Pacific/Oceania region? Pretty sure there aren't any other Aussies around here, but I wouldn't mind playing with others in the same general region, so that my ping isn't terrible.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

PUBG is awesome and takes all of the cool ideas from stuff like h1z1 and dayZ and actually executes them well, forcing players to move closer to eachother with a death field, care packages and red zones is genius and does wonders for the pacing.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

extremebuff posted:

PUBG is awesome and takes all of the cool ideas from stuff like h1z1 and dayZ and actually executes them well, forcing players to move closer to eachother with a death field, care packages and red zones is genius and does wonders for the pacing.

Yeah the basic idea of dayz is good (deathmatch with a big map and sparse drops) but the execution is horrible. I'm gonna buy this today I think because the king of the hill mode in h1z1 was almost good enough in my book

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

Yeah the basic idea of dayz is good (deathmatch with a big map and sparse drops) but the execution is horrible. I'm gonna buy this today I think because the king of the hill mode in h1z1 was almost good enough in my book

Yeah, that's basically how I felt about KotK too, although I hadn't played DayZ myself. (A lot of my friends did though, so I've heard about it) I think you should like it; it seems like a pretty decent mix of the two games' mechanics.
(Also, in case you didn't know, the free-to-open crate prices double each time you buy one - but it resets each week. So you might want to only buy 2-3 per week, and just save the rest of your exp/BP for the following week - otherwise the prices get insane)

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
H1Z1 is fun in an arcadey fast action sort of way, but PUBG is way more tactical and deep.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

dayz is insanely boring and for people with brain diseases so its no wonder gamers ate it up and it spawned a million equally bad clones. pubg is the first good thing to come out of the 'hunger games' multiplayer style craze

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

extremebuff posted:

dayz is insanely boring and for people with brain diseases so its no wonder gamers ate it up and it spawned a million equally bad clones. pubg is the first good thing to come out of the 'hunger games' multiplayer style craze

It was really good back when every zombie dropped random loot and there was like two buildings per town you could even enter in the first place. So then all the gameplay revolved around sniper duels and trying to find enough ammo to use the LMGs to hose people down in the big cities

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Then they took out the vehicles, the big guns, the good sniper rifles, the NVGs, and the fun along the way

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Oh also, does anyone else here like the UMP in PUBG? It seems like everyone I know hates the UMP, regardless of the game! But whenever I use it, I always have great success, putting people down at close to medium range. I don't get what the fuss is, myself - but all my friends really hate it with a passion, so I'm curious to see if I'm in the minority, or they are. (I assume I am though, admittedly)

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ive been using the klobb to great affect and its making my friends go wild

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Major Isoor posted:

Oh also, does anyone else here like the UMP in PUBG? It seems like everyone I know hates the UMP, regardless of the game! But whenever I use it, I always have great success, putting people down at close to medium range. I don't get what the fuss is, myself - but all my friends really hate it with a passion, so I'm curious to see if I'm in the minority, or they are. (I assume I am though, admittedly)

The UMP is great fun. You have to get a little closer for it, so be it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

That feel when you click on a thread called stealth games and inatead of shadow tactics, mgs, mark of the ninja, tenchu etc ppl are talking about pbug and h1z1
Truly sad!