Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

some paint would go a long way for that thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
So a typical AI funeral would be two hearses racing to one burial plot, loser gets cremated. (In a fiery crash). :piss:

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
So it would be this basically

https://youtu.be/xJhbP4q32vs

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/lakeslist/permalink/1601993839868040/?sale_post_id=1601993839868040&ref=messenger_share

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Elephanthead posted:

So a typical AI funeral would be two hearses racing to one burial plot, loser gets cremated. (In a fiery crash). :piss:

This but also the entire procession is doing donuts along the way.
http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/nova-scotia/highway-funeral-procession-burnouts-stunting-charges-rcmp-1.4253474

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

This car looks like a rolling coke addiction and also I love it.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

StormDrain posted:

This car looks like a rolling coke addiction and also I love it.

Isn't that what most AMGs are? I certainly wouldn't buy one without the cash flow a nose candy habit would support.

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!
Ugh. Really?

https://memphis.craigslist.org/cto/d/2009-xf-jaguar-obo/6282131856.html

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Went from never hearing about AMC's Matador to wanting one so, so badly:

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/wsh/cto/d/1974-amc-matador-coupe/6253851157.html

That is hideous.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
My gran had a white Oleg Cassini Matador back in the day:

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

scuz posted:

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/wsh/cto/d/1974-amc-matador-coupe/6253851157.html

That is hideous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywYjYcrzK_A

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

For fucks sake. The ride on those 24s must be something else

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gq8n2RZJmms

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Rhyno posted:

Estate sales can be so awesome, at work we recently purchased a massive lot of collectibles and when I did some poking around I discovered there was an entire house worth of stuff that was divided into lots. One of my friends ended up getting a garage full of stuff for $2000 and there was so much useful poo poo in there. He picked over what he wanted and garage saled/craigslisted the rest and made almost his entire investment back. Too late we found out there were several cars that went for under a grand each.

A coworker went over there and they have some, uh, other stuff in there that they're getting rid of. I need to know much. Could be a hugely awesome barn, uh, warehouse find.

CornHolio fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Aug 28, 2017

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CornHolio posted:

A coworker went over there and they have some, uh, other stuff in there that they're getting rid of. I need to know much. Could be a hugely awesome barn, uh, warehouse find.

oh my gaaawwwwd

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer

2 + 2 (thousand pounds of bondo and fiberglass)

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Rhyno posted:

oh my gaaawwwwd

That E-type makes me legitimately wonder if I should pull from my 401k and try to flip it. I mean, if I offer them 20k cash, I think they might let it go. They just want the stuff gone.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
So pretty. :swoon:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CornHolio posted:

That E-type makes me legitimately wonder if I should pull from my 401k and try to flip it. I mean, if I offer them 20k cash, I think they might let it go. They just want the stuff gone.

If you don't do it I will never forgive you.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
That fucken merc SL

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
Package deal: Offer 30k for all 3

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Meydey posted:

Package deal: Offer 30k for all 3

How low-risk would that be? I have that, but it's pretty much all in my 401k.

I wonder how much cash my dad has laying around...

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Oh. man, that vintage component stereo.
My teenage self wants this car badly.

scuz posted:

I can never figure out why AMC had such a tendency in those years to design the body so much wider than the chassis, then not fit wheels/tires that weren't inset half a mile.
Bonus was that you could fit really wide wheels and tires on them, but they just looked goofy and ungainly from the factory. Proper flush (*not* hellaflush) wheels make those look so much better. Applies to AMX/Javelin, too.
That said, I think I prefer the earlier, more square, model.

Dagen H posted:

My gran had a white Oleg Cassini Matador back in the day:

Wow, that's an amazing interior.

*drives like a madman everywhere, complains about fuel consumption*
*does no break modulation, complains about wheels "locking up" and "car acting squirrelly"*

Vintage "car tests" are so hilarious.

CornHolio posted:

Oh, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. The Jaaaaaaaaag is gorgeous, but I think I'd be less worried driving the MB. Or maybe the Linc.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

CornHolio posted:

Well even if that amount would fly...there are very stiff penalties withdrawing from your 401k.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
Also trim peices on that merc can be ludicrously expensive esp the interior. check it real good dont make the mistake of thinking, oh ill just slap a new whatever on without googling what it actually costs. The wood trim on the old ones is crazy expensive to replace.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

DogonCrook posted:

Also trim peices on that merc can be ludicrously expensive esp the interior. check it real good dont make the mistake of thinking, oh ill just slap a new whatever on without googling what it actually costs. The wood trim on the old ones is crazy expensive to replace.

The upside is Mercedes still has all those parts. You pay out the nose but hey, OEM parts!

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Colostomy Bag posted:

Well even if that amount would fly...there are very stiff penalties withdrawing from your 401k.

Shut up, Angel on his shoulder. It's the devil's turn now: any penalties would be paid for easily when you sell that jag. The jag that would be yours to drive for a little bit.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Eat This Glob posted:

Shut up, Angel on his shoulder. It's the devil's turn now: any penalties would be paid for easily when you sell that jag. The jag that would be yours to drive for a little bit.

I'm with satan on this one.

Its a goddamn e type jag.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Eat This Glob posted:

You're right. I forget what thread this was. Full steam ahead!

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
I mean the flipside is that if the trim is good its a drat good selling point. I wouldnt be surprised if the trim is worth more than everything its attached to.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

CornHolio posted:

If they would take the lowball, you could get your money back pretty easily.

Almost no situation should you ever draw on your 401k early though.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Larrymer posted:

If they would take the lowball, you could get your money back pretty easily.

Almost no situation should you ever draw on your 401k early though.

Hate to be the angel, and haven't read up because it isn't my money...but I think the real trick would be stuffing the money back into 401k as well since that is capped per year.

*Ducks out*

Cool cars, all of them. JFK might not think so.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Print out the post, walk into a bank and ask for a loan. Prime your hand for some serious high fives from your bank manager.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Buy them all, keep the one that gives you the biggest horn, sell the rest to cover the cost, achieve enlightenment. Namaste.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Colostomy Bag posted:

Hate to be the angel, and haven't read up because it isn't my money...but I think the real trick would be stuffing the money back into 401k as well since that is capped per year.

*Ducks out*

Cool cars, all of them. JFK might not think so.

Have you never heard of a 401k loan? it's dumb as hell to do, but you pay it back in installments.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Have you never heard of a 401k loan? it's dumb as hell to do, but you pay it back in installments.

It's not even all that dumb. You basically get to use your money, then put it back, plus paying yourself the interest it would have earned if you'd have left it there. So, unlike a bank loan, it's still all your money, including the cost of lending. If I'm remembering that correctly anyway. IANAA (I am not an accountant).

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Darchangel posted:

It's not even all that dumb. You basically get to use your money, then put it back, plus paying yourself the interest it would have earned if you'd have left it there. So, unlike a bank loan, it's still all your money, including the cost of lending. If I'm remembering that correctly anyway. IANAA (I am not an accountant).

its dumb as hell because you shouldnt touch your retirement unless it's an actual emergency

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

BraveUlysses posted:

its dumb as hell because you shouldnt touch your retirement unless it's an actual emergency

If you are saying that buying those cars is not an actual emergency then all I have to say to you is get out.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Elephanthead posted:

If you are saying that buying those cars is not an actual emergency then all I have to say to you is get out.

yeah that's why you keep money in savings for car poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Colostomy Bag posted:

Nope, I'm with you. I personally wouldn't do it from my 401k.

Straight cash, homie. :snoop: