Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

imagining a full grown gamer in a carseat, back middle, gaming and having a ball

I see you caught my Twitch stream earlier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

Mario with a gun is still stupid.

i think its epic

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

im going to enjoy telling mario to shoot bowsers nutsack off in a mushroom kingdom nearing the end of the age of fire

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Soral
May 30, 2009

i played mario rabbids kingdom battle for about an hour and it's............. good?????????

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Bill Barber posted:

Nobody believed that Ubisoft was capable of actually making a good game.

the last two rayman games are really good 2d platformers. i cannot play them anymore due to uplay being hosed up on steam install tho. rest in peace.

Soral
May 30, 2009

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Soral posted:

i played mario rabbids kingdom battle for about an hour and it's............. good?????????

It's cool because its existence finally pushed me over the edge to check out XCom and it seems rad. Can't wait for it to go on sale because it's still 60 dollars for some reason on steam

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Soral posted:

how wacky are the rabbids

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

how wacky are the rabbids

so far there's less meme-y poo poo than I expected, but more butthole jokes, so i dunno

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

the writing seems on par with M&L Dream Team/Partners in Time so far, if that helps

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

the turnaround on the Rabbids game from the leaked info, which people hated, to the reveal, which was 100% true to the leaks but people loved it all of a sudden, never made sense to me

laughing at something on your first exposure and then coming to appreciate it on its own terms is pretty normal, and very enjoyable

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

the turnaround on the Rabbids game from the leaked info, which people hated, to the reveal, which was 100% true to the leaks but people loved it all of a sudden, never made sense to me

People were expecting a fps, and they showed xcom.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

It's cool because its existence finally pushed me over the edge to check out XCom and it seems rad. Can't wait for it to go on sale because it's still 60 dollars for some reason on steam

http://store.steampowered.com/app/268500/XCOM_2/ $23.99 . Big expansion came out 2 days ago too but that's another $40

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wanna play XCOM1 which is still 60 dollars

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

In Training posted:

You should look to see if somebody has an extra vita key to give you, it was just part of the $1 tier of a humble bundle like two weeks ago

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

you could buy a PS3 copy of it for like a buck

edit: steam keys for the complete edition for $11 on cdkeys, $10 on wingamestore, even cheaper but sketchy on g2a

HolePisser1982 fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Aug 30, 2017

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ty everybody for getting me deals

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

They're 2 very different settings but I preferred Shadowrun to XCOM just cos the dicerolls felt more fair

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

its very disgusting that the rabbids mario game was allowed to be made and I would venture to say it is shame-worthy to own such a thing. poor mushroom kingdom... how you have been sullied by actually retarded, drooling/farting, hashtagging dabbing wallace and grommits....

:cry: :cry:

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

its very disgusting that the rabbids mario game was allowed to be made and I would venture to say it is shame-worthy to own such a thing. poor mushroom kingdom... how you have been sullied by actually retarded, drooling/farting, hashtagging dabbing wallace and grommits....

Source your quotes.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

hashtag "the crazy one" yoshi shoots you with a gun and farts on you while teabagging you and a princess rabbit burps and puts on makeup while looking at a phone

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

hashtag "the crazy one" yoshi shoots you with a gun and farts on you while teabagging you and a princess rabbit burps and puts on makeup while looking at a phone
The game owns and you're a dumb baby bitch for getting mad about it, imho.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

have you considered that you bought a rabbids game? maybe look in a mirror perhaps?? is there maybe a baby looking back at you, giggling with glee at the cartoon rabbits?

in other news... i'm very excited about the spirit possession mechanic of odyssey!

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

>tfw watching the rabbids mario game with the sun hitting your monitor

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Update: Super Mario Odyssey comes out in 58 days. Get your Switch before it's too late.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

Update: Super Mario Odyssey comes out in 58 days. Get your Switch before it's too late.

Got one for Splatoon and can't freaking wait

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
personally, theming matters a lot less to me than gameplay. the only real cardinal sin they could make would be F2P bullshit, which i don't think is in there.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like the minimum turn minimum damage scoring idea. Like a puzzle strategy game. I wonder if it will be stuck in the Nintendo price of always 60 or if it will eventually be discounted because it's technically Ubisoft

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

They're 2 very different settings but I preferred Shadowrun to XCOM just cos the dicerolls felt more fair

Shadowrun Dragonfall and Hong Kong are extremely good

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

sector_corrector posted:

personally, theming matters a lot less to me than gameplay. the only real cardinal sin they could make would be F2P bullshit, which i don't think is in there.

I agree, though some themes are more tolerable than others. games like disgaea where every 30 seconds teh ebil penguin chimes in with N-n-nice panties, dood!! are just torture, i can't handle it

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

frank.club posted:

Shadowrun Dragonfall and Hong Kong are extremely good

hong kong was basically everything I could've wanted out of a cyberpunk/classic kung fu plot

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Thank you to Jenny Agutter for gifting me their extra copy of XCOM1...this game kicks fuckin rear end!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PLaying on Normal Ironman. Is this the kind of game thats kinda short and you can play through the campaign over and over again?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

PLaying on Normal Ironman. Is this the kind of game thats kinda short and you can play through the campaign over and over again?

Yeah. I believe there are some really good mods out too for future playthroufhs. I think the developers of The Long War mod actually got some assistance & money from the X-Com devs to implement a version for the sequel

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

My only beef with xcom1 is that after about halfway through you're fighting nothing but mutons for the rest of the game

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

In Training posted:

Ty everybody for getting me deals

I probably have just an extra key if you want

Edit: never mind

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

In Training posted:

Thank you to Jenny Agutter for gifting me their extra copy of XCOM1...this game kicks fuckin rear end!

i think this is going to get me to finally play my own copy of xcom

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'd recommend skipping the tutorial, because it contains a launch day bug that can permanently corrupt your save like 45 minutes in. and it's not just a Tutorial, it just makes your first liek 6 missions not random and you have build stuff in a certain non-optimal order, etc. Just start fresh and read all the tooltips for a while and youll be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
this game comes out four days before my birthday, which means I have a very good excuse to buy it and a switch

• Locked thread