Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

tap my mountain posted:

He's at least got the spirit of it

boo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

US release date confirmed as October 20th as well. This special edition comes with 25 art cards so I assume that's how many characters the game is going to come with.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

well why not posted:

waluigi is probably more popular than wario at this point.

All is right in the world

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Bill Barber posted:

Rabbids seem pretty innocuous and are no different than goombas or whatever.

how dare you

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Mario X-com is a fun game. My only complaint so far is it's pretty obvious they intended the game to played in handheld mode and not docked cause the menu/UI elements are all huge and sorta clunky. Other than that it's a good strategy game and if you aren't playing it because of rabbit characters then lol

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I hate Minions but I don't mind Rabbids. I think they make interesting Mario enemies.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

As someone who barely beat the easiest fire emblem game I'm excited to die over and over again at the hands of rabbits

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Mega64 posted:

Don't give Waluigi a loving gun.

This is one of like 10 official renders of Waluigi:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I find it weird that Wario hasn't actually appeared in a "main" Mario game since...64 DS I guess? Dunno why Nintendo doesn't have him show up as a boss sometimes.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Internet Kraken posted:

I find it weird that Wario hasn't actually appeared in a "main" Mario game since...64 DS I guess? Dunno why Nintendo doesn't have him show up as a boss sometimes.
We're getting a Captain Toad sequel on Switch and he's chasing after bumbling Wario and Waluigi in a treasure collecting competition.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL
Is that true?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

TheHoosier posted:

and a fine joke it is! bully to you sir now let's shoot googly-eyed rabbit aliens in the face

Go on without me i dont have the game.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Bill Barber posted:

We're getting a Captain Toad sequel on Switch and he's chasing after bumbling Wario and Waluigi in a treasure collecting competition.

Don't joke about a sequel to one of the best games on the WiiU please :(

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

SeANMcBAY posted:

I hate Minions but I don't mind Rabbids. I think they make interesting Mario enemies.

Rabbids are minions with bunny ears.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

Rabbids are minions with bunny ears.

They yell a lot and don't show up on facebook images posted by your grandma

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Bill Barber posted:

You know this is fake because Nintendo would never put Waluigi in a non-party game.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If you're buying a second hand WiiU here's a cleaning guide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1AK98u8QgE

Not sure why I like this guy so much, his videos are oddly relaxing.

Also Fire Emblem release date confirmed October 20.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EssDSBlA2xU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I ordered those clear joycon cases and a tri-wing screwdriver.

I hope it all goes smooth. If it does, I will order the clear backing for the switch itself maybe, not like it matters much.

Was supposed to get ARMS today but the post office decided to sit on it for a day probably to taste test it.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Spoiler for Mario + Rabbids (a actual one)

Rabbid Wario and Waluigi are apparently bosses, thanks youtube.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Bill Barber posted:

Golf Story looks like it's heavily influenced by the greatest golf video game of all time, Mario Golf: Advance Tour. Hopefully the actual golf part of it feels just as tight. I'm pretty hopeful for it.

The GBC version was better.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Overbite posted:

Mario Xcom sounds great but the rabbids completely kill it for me.

Also the roster for Fire Emblem Warriors is trash and I'm not interested unless they knock it out of the park with great DLC pulls.

Though they'd have to basically say hey Overbite, here's all the characters you like also some cake, knock yourself out.

The game with $100+ of dlc in the last installments might be holding back some characters for dlc yes

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Spoiler for Mario + Rabbids (a actual one)

Rabbid Wario and Waluigi are apparently bosses, thanks youtube.

Corrupt Caricatures? Of who?

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Ike Hector Roy and Lyn are gonna be dlc and I'm gonna pay through the nose for them cuz I'm stupid

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Fates had birthright and conquest ($60 combined), and revelations ($20 dlc don't let anyone tell you that's a main game) then like $40 of dlc on top of that

Echoes, a remake of an older game, somehow has a higher cost season pass than the actual game. If you buy dlc separately it's $60 or so on top of the $40 game

Hyrule warriors had 2 season passes eventually but they were only $30

By the end of its lifespan I can guarantee FE warriors will have $100 of dlc easy

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

As the curly toe tipped brown shoe slammed it to ground and pressed down on it's stomach, the Rabbid knew it hosed up. Waluigi towered over up into the air, his head silhouetted by the sun blotting out any expression for the Rabbid to try to read that once comical mustache's sharp point now looking sinister against the bright sky. The rabbid didn't need to see Waluigi's face, however, to know his intent.

Held within one cruel long finger gloved hand sat the chrome of a .45 revolver. The sun made it gleam in such a way it seemed to produce the light itself as if to highlight ever curve of it's deadly shape. The Rabbid had been warned not to give him a gun. The words "Don't give Waluigi a loving gun" now seemed to be screaming in it's head but it couldn't react. All it could do was watch as that other gnarled gangly hand took a single bullet and loaded it into one of six chambers of the gun before a lazy flick of those same gnarled gloved fingers sent it spinning like a roulette wheel.

As the muzzle of the gun was leveled inches from it's head the Rabbid heard Waluigi bend down first before actually seeing him do so. It was a terrible sound, like dead branches slowly being crushed under the trod of a decayed monstrosity. Once that horribly enlongated form was bent close it could feel Waluigi's breath on one of it's ears. It was a hot, moist feverish sensastion like a gangrenous infected limb had clasped a half dead hand around it's ear. Then came the only word Waluigi would say before pulling the trigger

"Waa"

Click. The chamber was empty. Again the same lazy flick of those horrible fingers sent the chamber spinning. The barrel was once again leveled at the center of the Rabbid's head...

"Waa"

Mega64 posted:

Don't give Waluigi a loving gun.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Zelder posted:

Ike Hector Roy and Lyn are gonna be dlc and I'm gonna pay through the nose for them cuz I'm stupid

I'm talking more Sully, Kjelle, Kellam, Donnel, Rinkah, Kagero, Setsuna, Vaike, Felicia

None of which will be dlc

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
roy sucks

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Overbite posted:

I'm talking more Sully, Kjelle, Kellam, Donnel, Rinkah, Kagero, Setsuna, Vaike, Felicia

You have some, uh, questionable taste in characters.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

When's dat Mario/Rabbids releasing?

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Zore posted:

You have some, uh, great and wise taste in characters.

Thank you.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Overbite posted:

I'll give you Donny, sully and vaike.

And Roy does suck but he tries his best and his flaming sword poo poo is gonna make a real fun moveset

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I like Fire Emblem as much as the next guy but knowing that Hyrule Warriors may get a port kinda kills my interest in FE Warriors.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Where is Hyrule warriors dx anyways

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Overbite posted:

roy sucks

Not all Roys suck tho

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Are they really going to port Hyrule Warriors to a third goddamn system in 3 years?

I already bought it twice :argh:

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

You bought a warriors game for the 3ds?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

Yep same. Gimme Mario and Bowser and even rando characters like Geno in a tactical RPG and I'd buy that poo poo in a second.

But it has to have Rabbids, even focus on them, because its not even a Nintendo game. Its an Ubisoft game. Yuck.

Frankston posted:

Honestly if Mario + Rabbids was just Mario + Mario characters I would buy the poo poo out of the game but I just can't get past those loving rabbids.

You guys are the biggest goobers in existence. Even a person like myself who has a seething world-burning hatred for most of Ubisoft's tomclancy microdollar serialized poo poo can at least set aside prejudice to admit hey maybe this mario xcom game with weirdo rabbit aliens looks fun as gently caress

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Zelder posted:

You bought a warriors game for the 3ds?

It works pretty well on a New 3DS.

:negative:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Zore posted:

You have some, uh, questionable taste in characters.

What kind of hosed up idiot doesn't like Kjelle???

DLC Inc posted:

You guys are the biggest goobers in existence. Even a person like myself who has a seething world-burning hatred for most of Ubisoft's tomclancy microdollar serialized poo poo can at least set aside prejudice to admit hey maybe this mario xcom game with weirdo rabbit aliens looks fun as gently caress

It looks okay but I'd rather just play real Xcom, even ignoring the Rabbids aspect.

Overbite posted:

roy sucks

The only people that actually like Roy are the people that played as him in Smash.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Aug 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
i will purchase nothing for my Switch that is not baseball, golf or farming related until Odyssey and then after that again.

• Locked thread