Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
"Sandbox Open RPG" doesn't really get my hopes up, despite the utter awesomeness that was the first Rune.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

Rookersh posted:

INCREDIBLE

RUNE WAS INCREDIBLE. I'M 100% DOWN. LETS DO THIS.

ALSO PLAY RUNE YOU FUCKERS, IT'S STILL GREAT.

pretty much

anilEhilated posted:

"Sandbox Open RPG" doesn't really get my hopes up, despite the utter awesomeness that was the first Rune.

I don't see the harm in heaping an RPG on top of Rune's pretty basic (not a bad thing) hack-and-slashy gameplay, personally.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Rookersh posted:

Outside of the Rune news, I'm going to say don't listen to these other guys.

All you need to do is make sure you at LEAST have 150-180%ish + Life, and close to/max Resistances. Resistances are super important because story stuff happens that causes your Resistances to get knocked down for awhile.

If you have that, you can build whatever and it'll work. With the FoO expansion there are some people posting videos of builds that shouldn't work being fine for the final endgame bosses now because of the changes. It's just a game that expects you put your points into survivability alongside whatever cool thing you wanted.

It's also super easy to reach both of those numbers for basically every class but the Hunter/Assassin, so go hog and have fun.
Cool, thanks for the info on building up VIT. Resistances I'd go for because you always do, but I'll often neglect HP unless I'm playing a tank.

Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

I was convinced until like the last 20 seconds that this was a joke, this is like the platonic ideal of the generic video game trailer

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

The gods must die! *BWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH*

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
I'm excited for this new Norse-themed TCG

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
So I ended up continuing my descent into Borderlands madness by following the first game with the Pre-Sequel, because I've played entirely too much of 2 already so better to give that a little more time.

I uh, was not expecting the Claptrap DLC to be incredibly sad and depressing. :smith: And that's after the main game itself was really drat dark.

It's going to be really weird going back to the early parts of 2 where it's jokey jokes and dumb goofy bullshit.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Aug 28, 2017

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

That's, uh, a little excessive perhaps?

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

StrixNebulosa posted:

I want all games on Steam!!!

Weedle
May 31, 2006

StrixNebulosa posted:

Maybe they just started working at Valve.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
Pinball FX3 launched (or will launch shortly) and you can bring your PBFX2 tables for free, maybe?

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Weedle posted:

Maybe they just started working at Valve.

Is adding everything on Steam to your wishlist a requirement for working there?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Oh poo poo, Starfleet Command is on Steam?!

Orv
May 4, 2011

Deakul posted:

Looks like it's the GOG exclusivity coming up on the ones they have.

Unfortunately they don't have most of the Trek games, including a couple genuinely good ones, because the licensing is hell.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Trick Question posted:

I was convinced until like the last 20 seconds that this was a joke, this is like the platonic ideal of the generic video game trailer
yeah I'm kinda sitting here thinking "but what is it, though"

I don't know what RUNE is and a google search has so far only really told me that it is some sort of action game in which you are a viking, much less anything about this game

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Trick Question posted:

It's almost impressive that they managed to shove both Inception Horn and THOOOOM! into one 1-minute trailer.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

It's almost impressive that they managed to shove both Inception Horn and THOOOOM! into one 1-minute trailer.
No Wilhelm scream though.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
That raises a question.

When a brand new studio or some run of the mill triple AAA does the annoying inception poo poo, it's annoying.

but if it's a studio that did something awesome a long time ago, is it endearing? or is it still annoying.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The recent track record of old-rear end, out of practice game devs coming back to kickstart a new project has not been great.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

IronicDongz posted:

yeah I'm kinda sitting here thinking "but what is it, though"

I don't know what RUNE is and a google search has so far only really told me that it is some sort of action game in which you are a viking, much less anything about this game

Its on Steam as Rune Classic. A lot of those smaller niche games from the late 90s early 2000s have been occasionally showing up on steam as time passes but there are still a lot of them where the dev companies went out of business and the IP is in some kind of copywright limbo. One game I wish would eventually make it to Steam is Throne of Darkness, a Japanese mythology set samurai ARPG made by a lot of people who worked on D2.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I don't understand how Kingdom Rush is so successful, or why I've played it as long as I have, when it has so many bullshit stages and so little regard for a player's time.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

pentyne posted:

Its on Steam as Rune Classic. A lot of those smaller niche games from the late 90s early 2000s have been occasionally showing up on steam as time passes but there are still a lot of them where the dev companies went out of business and the IP is in some kind of copywright limbo. One game I wish would eventually make it to Steam is Throne of Darkness, a Japanese mythology set samurai ARPG made by a lot of people who worked on D2.

Good news:
https://www.gog.com/game/throne_of_darkness

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames
I know I'm late to the party, but Steamworld Heist is a loving awesome fun game.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

She Bangs the Drums posted:

I know I'm late to the party, but Steamworld Heist is a loving awesome fun game.

My hat was 2 days away from retirement.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Deakul posted:

Just the original. And it doesn't work on Windows 10 for some reason.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

:negative:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

drat, Divinity Original Sin II looks really good, so good it's making me forget how I hate most CRPGs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTWTFX8qzPI

Jewce
Mar 11, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

drat, Divinity Original Sin II looks really good, so good it's making me forget how I hate most CRPGs.

Oh sweet! Lost track of the fact that's gonna be out in no time. I didn't get through the first one, but had a ton of fun playing while I was into it. Don't remember why I stopped. Probably cause like every tactical game I play, I got tired of thinking so much once the difficulty picked up enough. I remember loving the writing and was glad I took the animal translation skill for some really neat quests though.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Charging money for mods :nallears:

Charging money for money to buy mods :supaburn:

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Here we go again.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

Playable skeletons, GOTY

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

I've bought and refunded this game twice because I can't understand why such a brilliant tactical combat RPG would be 90% boring badly written text and 10% combat. It's the same problem the first game had.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Bethesda is not going to stop trying this lol, I'm just glad they're too lazy to make a new game with paymods baked into it instead of trying to add them to existing games

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Credit where credit is due on the Power Horse Armour.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

:laffo: Why would they think that buying "Credits" would go over better than having to pay for them in the first place?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Wamdoodle posted:

:laffo: Why would they think that buying "Credits" would go over better than having to pay for them in the first place?

Oh, it won't go over better for anyone but them: you can't refund "in-game currency" purchases.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

deep dish peat moss posted:

I've bought and refunded this game twice because I can't understand why such a brilliant tactical combat RPG would be 90% boring badly written text and 10% combat. It's the same problem the first game had.

Because the writing, is in fact, good and is 90% of the charm for the series. :shrug:

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

"For details on the Beta and the game's 1.10 udpate, head here:"

typical bethesda quality control

Monowhatever
Mar 19, 2010

Shima Honnou posted:

Bethesda is not going to stop trying this lol, I'm just glad they're too lazy to make a new game with paymods baked into it instead of trying to add them to existing games

It's funny because you know thats exactly what theyre going to do with the next scrolls and fallout games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Deakul posted:

Because the writing, is in fact, good and is 90% of the charm for the series. :shrug:

i wasn't really a fan of the first game's writing at all but the combat absolutely took up the majority of the game, and was also fantastic to make up for the eh story.