Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS
Just confirming, it's best to fill up all the slots of my splatfest tee before scrubbing, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I believe people have said that with that one it's cheaper to do it after only one slot.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Its never cheaper to do it with only one slot filled but it saves a ton of time. Its a question of how much cash you have to spare really.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Escobarbarian posted:

I believe people have said that with that one it's cheaper to do it after only one slot.

It's the same price regardless. One is just more efficient due to the time it takes to fill up 2 or 3.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
2 is recommended since you don't have to spend as much money and it doesn't take as long as getting 3 slots. But if you have a lot of cash, scrubbing after 1 slot is the best way to farm for chunks.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
https://twitter.com/gomipomi/status/901865692558901248

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS
Thanks for the advice, I have about 100k squid bucks, so I might balance between 1 and 2

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I've been scrubbing at 2, seems like the best balance to me. 2000 coins (or whatever the currency is called) seems of little consequence, though -- that's what, two Turf War matches?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

enojy posted:

I've been scrubbing at 2, seems like the best balance to me. 2000 coins (or whatever the currency is called) seems of little consequence, though -- that's what, two Turf War matches?
two turf war wins technically

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I scrub at 1 because I'm usually having a loss streak and I'll get 2k coins before I reach 8k xp on the shirt

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
I wait for the second slot to fill because I'm poor.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

First and second slot scrubbing is hardly a matter of expense, its the time of leaving your lobby to scrub constantly. Bigger investment than 1000 per chunk cost change.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
What's the best min/maxing routine? I've been just scrubbing my 3 slot gear for 20k/each; I haven't been paying super close attention to the meta (dirty Aerospray/dual stick player here).

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Splatfest Tee only costs 2k to scrub so scrub it constantly after it gets it's 1st or 2nd abilities depending on how annoying it is to leave the lobby for you

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Phone posted:

What's the best min/maxing routine? I've been just scrubbing my 3 slot gear for 20k/each; I haven't been paying super close attention to the meta (dirty Aerospray/dual stick player here).

The splatfest tee is cheapest but if you're going for a specific ability chunk the most ideal route is finding the brand you need on a 1-star item, adding two slots and then farming that. It will also be harder to keep your funds up that way because it levels faster than a normal 3 star piece of gear.

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011

In Training posted:

The splatfest tee is cheapest but if you're going for a specific ability chunk the most ideal route is finding the brand you need on a 1-star item, adding two slots and then farming that. It will also be harder to keep your funds up that way because it levels faster than a normal 3 star piece of gear.

Why does it level faster? Because it's a former 1-star item?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

LPG Giant posted:

Why does it level faster? Because it's a former 1-star item?

Yeah, 1 star items that you upgrade with shells have lower thresholds for leveling up.

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

Rexroom posted:

:siren: Splatfest schedules :siren:

• US and AU/NZ Starts September 2nd @ 21:00 Pacific Time
  • EU Starts September 2nd @ 16:00 CEST
Splatfests will last for 24 hours.

No Splatfest for Japan as of yet. They might get something completely different later on.

It's September 1 at 21:00, not September 2.

http://splatoon.nintendo.com/news-video/splatfest-flight-vs-invisibility/

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Curses, foiled again. :argh:

:siren: Splatfest schedules :siren:

• US and AU/NZ Starts September 1st @ 21:00 Pacific Time / September 2nd @ 2:00 AEST
  • EU Starts September 2nd @ 16:00 CEST
Splatfests will last for 24 hours.

No Splatfest for Japan as of yet.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

A minor gripe but I really wish you could choose between a splatfest hat / shirt / boots. I know it is just for a week and not mandatory, I'm just too used to having that chest spot main ability.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
https://twitter.com/hrnyici/status/901493400309977088

I don't read inkling runes so I don't know if their methods are sound.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Show me your inklings!

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Why the hell couldn't Nintendo just let us change main abilities? I hate that its so hard to make matching outfits that also have good stats.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

Why the hell couldn't Nintendo just let us change main abilities? I hate that its so hard to make matching outfits that also have good stats.

thats the price of staying fresh

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Whelp. Got another lovely load out for salmon run. Ink brush and nozzlenoze :negative:

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Alert! This was posted in the video game deals thread; there's a sale on Splatoon 1 amiibos:

Mad Emu Sex0r posted:

Target has some Splatoon Amiibos on clearance if you are getting into it:

4.50 for Inkling Boy or Girl

17.50 for 3 Piece Set with Squid:

https://www.target.com/p/nintendo-174-inkling-girl-amiibo-figure/-/A-17318488?lnk=rec|mweba2ch1|related_prods_vv|mweba2ch1|17318488|0
https://www.target.com/p/nintendo-174-inkling-boy-amiibo-figure/-/A-17367673?lnk=rec|mweba2ch1|related_prods_vv|mweba2ch1|17367673|2
https://www.target.com/p/nintendo-174-amiibo-splatoon-3pk-inkling-boy-inkling-girl-inkling-squid-figures/-/A-17367672#lnk=newtab

Also 5$ Toad and a few others in the 6-9$ range.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

dog nougat posted:

Whelp. Got another lovely load out for salmon run. Ink brush and nozzlenoze :negative:

Learn to use the inkbrush its one of the best Salmon Run weapons :mad:

Gonna be real nice on this map in particular due to all the grates.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

This L3 Nozzlenose is good for the same thing as war.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

dog nougat posted:

What, this is the best rotation in a while

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Eh. I'll grant you that it's better than the previous rotation. The zapper and the splattling are fine, inkbrush can at least make a quick path across grating and through ink, but it and the nozzlenoze are still pretty drat horrible for salmon run.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

The nozzle nose does a bunch of damage and I rode all the way back from go getter to professional on this rotation

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Zelder posted:

The nozzle nose does a bunch of damage and I rode all the way back from go getter to professional on this rotation

Well I'm down from professional to overachiever for the first time on this rotation, perhaps it's not as good as you think.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

dog nougat posted:

Eh. I'll grant you that it's better than the previous rotation. The zapper and the splattling are fine, inkbrush can at least make a quick path across grating and through ink, but it and the nozzlenoze are still pretty drat horrible for salmon run.

Nozzlenose seems fine if you ask me (aside from having to pull the trigger constantly). The semi-auto makes it hard to use in regular multiplayer, since you have to be a lot more accurate than with most other guns, but in salmon run the enemies are a lot slower, larger, and more predictable, so it's easy to land all your shots. Aside from that it has good range, accuracy, and damage for a shooter.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Well I'm down from professional to overachiever for the first time on this rotation, perhaps it's not as good as you think.

Maybe I'm the nozzle nose whisperer

Soral
May 30, 2009

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

have you considered that the problem is you and not the gun., ? treat your tools with respect, is what i say

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I got both super bonuses today with only one crew wipe. This set is really good. N-zap isn't great and I'm still not sure how good the nozzlenoses are, but the splatling gun and ink brush are two of the best Salmon Run weapons. Having them in one set is great.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Yeah came to post how good this set is, only wipe was a level one griller round

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Sounds like I'm just playing like crap today then, but I'd still rather use a clash blaster than the nozzlenose.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I've played salmon run like 12 times this evening and have yet to get the n-zap. This god drat game...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The only bad part of getting the ink brush in SR is if your team completely drops the ball when it comes to killing steelheads.