Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I’m going to buy and play this Mario xcom game IN LESS THAN 2 HOURS HOLY poo poo A GOOD SWITCH GAME IS FINALLY HERE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I’m going to buy and play this Mario xcom game IN LESS THAN 2 HOURS HOLY poo poo A GOOD SWITCH GAME IS FINALLY HERE

If you tell me it's good I might buy it.

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
I'm pretty on the fence about the Mario x-com game. It could end up being something I really like (it does look fun), but it could also turn into a game I realize after 3-4 hours that I never really want to play it again.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
is mario xcom doing a proper midnight EST release, or are they waiting until midnight PST like fuckers again

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

If you tell me it's good I might buy it.

lol it's a trick; Jacs is going to tell you to buy Infinite Warfare now

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

News flash: Death Squared is a fun multiplayer game.

If you like fun get Death Squared.

If you hate fun then don't.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Like an hour in, its pretty funny and while they give you abilities pretty slowly through the first 4 or 5 levels they at least aren't too hand holding. 3* requirements have been incredibly lax thusfar.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Policenaut posted:

US release date confirmed as October 20th as well. This special edition comes with 25 art cards so I assume that's how many characters the game is going to come with.

This is great news and a lot earlier than what I expected, but it leaves me to wonder what Nintendo could have in the pipeline for the Switch in November

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

enojy posted:

Not all Roys suck tho

I still can't believe they're both in Smash.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea watching Roy smash Roy is really hot

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Roy plays like poo poo in Smash and always has.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

What's this rumor of a Hyrule Warriors port? I knew that if I waited long enough I could get the best version.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

This is great news and a lot earlier than what I expected, but it leaves me to wonder what Nintendo could have in the pipeline for the Switch in November

I looked into it out of curiosity, and I found two interesting things. First, seems like it's just Rime in November. No idea what it is, never heard of it.

Buuuuut, I also saw one of my favourite party games! Ultimate Chicken Horse! So I don't know when that's coming out but (as with everything) it's perfect for the Switch! Finally local multiplayer for that that doesn't have me digging out my USB splitter.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Nephzinho posted:

Going to have some trouble remembering how to take BOTW out of the machine for Rabbids tomorrow. I don't think its left since March.

:same:

Also thought my Switch was broken. I'm 99.9% sure I hard powered it off months ago, also the first time I actually figured out how to turn it off and not just put it in sleep mode. It would not turn on when I tried preparing it for Mario XCOM goodness. Customer service said to hold the power button for 15 seconds and then press it again and that didn't work... Then found some random youtube video saying you had to hold the power button for 30 seconds and press it again and that did work.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

NINTENDO WHERE IS MY
MARIO XCOM

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Where is game

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

If you're that desperate just setup an Aus account and buy it from there :D

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Did it go up at midnight AUS time? At least that way I know how long to wait. Looks like sonic mania all over again.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Jade Mage posted:

I looked into it out of curiosity, and I found two interesting things. First, seems like it's just Rime in November. No idea what it is, never heard of it.

Buuuuut, I also saw one of my favourite party games! Ultimate Chicken Horse! So I don't know when that's coming out but (as with everything) it's perfect for the Switch! Finally local multiplayer for that that doesn't have me digging out my USB splitter.

Oh sweet, I've been meaning to look into Ultimate Chicken Horse, that game looks like an absolute riot

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

First they don’t release Super Mario World.

Then no Stardew Valley (when??)

Now this? This console is dead to me.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Wabbid season yet?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

First they don’t release Super Mario World.

Then no Stardew Valley (when??)

Now this? This console is dead to me.

This, but unironically.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Bongo Bill posted:

What's this rumor of a Hyrule Warriors port? I knew that if I waited long enough I could get the best version.

They'd be stupid not to. It would sell a poo poo ton on Switch and I'd certainly buy it again if they added some BOTW content.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

RIP MIIVERSE

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Oh gently caress you're right.

https://twitter.com/nintendo/status/902383903230484481

RIP Miiverse

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

:smith:

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
How are future generations going to know if the water in Nintendo games was good or not??

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I wonder what's going to happen to the Miiverse stage in Smash.

Like at least Splatoon 1 has a dozen or so pre-made Miiverse artworks to use when your Wii U wasn't connected to the internet. I always wondered if the Miiverse Stage had something similar.

Of course now I'm wondering like, how long are internet services for the 3DS and Wii U even going to be up for?

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
yo wtf is mario xcom

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

beergod posted:

yo wtf is mario xcom

Its a mario game with xcom combat.

Also Rabbids. And a weirdly in depth story

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I wonder what's going to happen to the Miiverse stage in Smash.

Like at least Splatoon 1 has a dozen or so pre-made Miiverse artworks to use when your Wii U wasn't connected to the internet. I always wondered if the Miiverse Stage had something similar.

Of course now I'm wondering like, how long are internet services for the 3DS and Wii U even going to be up for?

Probably the same as when you play on that stage offline which is just no drawings at all. I'm sure they'll stay up for online gaming for a few more years, especially 3DS.

Edit: Nintendo has apparently specified that Mario Maker levels can still be uploaded after the Miiverse shutdown.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Aug 29, 2017

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

beergod posted:

yo wtf is mario xcom

Ubisoft is working with Nintendo to make a crossover game between Mario and their awful rabbids. Its a turn-based tactical combat game that seems heavily inspired by the modern Xcom games. Somehow it actually looks good.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Hey, post in my Mario + Rabbids thread. About Mario + Rabbids.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3830699

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

it's a shame I really dislike turn-based games. going to have to wait until Odyssey .

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I really hope we get Mario Maker Switch next year. Miiverse shutting down is to hurt the Wii U one pretty hard.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

it's so hosed up they didn't put miiverse on the switch but now they're going and shutting it down too

end of an era

gonna miss it real bad

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
I'm just glad we're finally getting the perfect Mario game made by the perfect company.

Thank you :ubisoft:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Miiverse was the only form of social media that I enjoyed using. It worked so well because the posts were sorted based on the game they were about, so you could expect your post to be read by people who know what the game is and who share your interest in it. No Facebook problem of having to explain a high-context joke to your mom, no Twitter problem of putting your video games shitposts alongside your politics shitposts.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Mario + Rabbids is up on the eShop in case anyone is still waiting for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I'm going to play Mario and the rabbids

• Locked thread